JJP Running Out Of POTC Parts?

By harryhoudini

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Rumors being posted about JJP running out of POTC parts and not going to produce any more. Has anyone heard or been told this by JJP?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pirates-le-screen-display-issue-after-code-update-how-to-fix/page/2#post-5212128

#2 4 years ago

Someone also posted like a month back about there being no more spinning disk assemblies. I will be extremely upset if something fails under warranty (my game is under warranty) and they tell me there are no more parts

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Someone also posted like a month back about there being no more spinning disk assemblies. I will be extremely upset if something fails under warranty (my game is under warranty) and they tell me there are no more parts

The only warranty your game likely has is the year for electronic parts only, which likely won't fail or will be a common piece like a motherboard. The whole game is only covered for 30 days.

#4 4 years ago

That's where CGC shines in comparison. Their LEs are 12 months for mechanical and other components and 24 months for electronics. A real warranty.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

The only warranty your game likely has is the year for electronic parts only, which likely won't fail or will be a common piece like a motherboard. The whole game is only covered for 30 days.

Today is the last day of my 30 day warranty. My game came late

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

That's where CGC shines in comparison. Their LEs are 12 months for mechanical and other components and 24 months for electronics. A real warranty.

They are a little bit safer though - those mech designs have been tested for 20+ years!

#7 4 years ago

This scares the shit of of me

#8 4 years ago

Unfortunately, it might be true. I got some parts from them yesterday. One part was missing and was listed as “Out of stock”

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Unfortunately, it might be true. I got some parts from them yesterday. One part was missing and was listed as “Out of stock”

LOTS of parts are always out of stock - it doesn’t really necessarily mean anything.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

LOTS of parts are always out of stock - it doesn’t really necessarily mean anything.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I’ll give you that

#12 4 years ago

Stern has lots of parts .

#13 4 years ago

So many negative threads. Instead of saying jjp is running out of parts, which isn’t really helpful and may not even be true, why not just post what parts people are being told are out of stock so a solution can possibly be found. Posting the same exact thing across multiple threads I also don’t see the point.

I saw the maelstrom ramp mentioned as having a crack? Where is the crack? How many plays on the game before an issued occurred? Have you removed the ramp in the past and maybe tightened something too tight to cause the issue? Is the crack noticeable? Is the game playable? I realize these questions don’t have anything to do with parts being out of stock, but they do factor into how much we should be concerned about how common a part failing might be and the implications (e.g., a whether down the road your game I’ll be a paper weight).

So, what parts do not appear to be in stock? Start a list.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

So many negative threads. Instead of saying jjp is running out of parts, which isn’t really helpful and may not even be true, why not just post what parts people are being told are out of stock so a solution can possibly be found. Posting the same exact thing across multiple threads I also don’t see the point.
I saw the maelstrom ramp mentioned as having a crack? Where is the crack? How many plays on the game before an issued occurred? Have you removed the ramp in the past and maybe tightened something too tight to cause the issue? Is the crack noticeable? Is the game playable? I realize these questions don’t have anything to do with parts being out of stock, but they do factor into how much we should be concerned about how common a part failing might be and the implications (e.g., a whether down the road your game I’ll be a paper weight).

Apron guard

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

12 months is a very short time. The only way to be somewhat safe, is buying games that has been produced in large numbers.

This is besides spike, the worst part with Stern, and it seems like jjp is heading that way to.
The more titles, the higher the risk of spare parts, not beeing available for the future.

#16 4 years ago

BP VUK gate

Scott, How did your Maelstrom ramp crack btw? Would love to avoid this happening to mine at all costs.

#17 4 years ago

Parts not available:

Apron guard
BP vuk gate
Maelstrom ramp

Keeping adding please. Maybe jjp will chime in as to what’s NLA vs what’s just out of stock right now.

The community is very resourceful so if a part truly is NLA, maybe someone takes up the effort if there’s a critical mass. Siegecraft recently started making roadshow shaker boards that were NLA. And starship fantasy makes ramps.

#18 4 years ago

I get people are nervous about part availability. This happens on just about every title ever made to be honest. Ask Black Rose owners what they would give to be able to buy a cannon module with a decal? The game is unplayable without and not easily reproduced. Point is I guess enjoy your game while it works. I’m sure certain parts are impossible to find on just about every game I have in my collection. I’m not sure if there are hard and fast rules on making and stocking replacement parts? Maybe someone in the know could chime in

#19 4 years ago

This is a very expensive game with a lot of issues right out of the box. Any indication of parts no longer available is going to get people's attention. Thanks for deleting your comment. The single "." looks a lot better.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Thanks for deleting your comment. The single "." looks a lot better.

I deleted it, Lermods said it better.
I own pirates, not worried at all. Threads like this only makes people hoard parts, making them even more hard to get.
I also own black rose, found a NOS cannon body with new decals.
Hell, I even owned pinball magic, got all the parts I needed for it, no worries.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

I deleted it, lermods said it better.
I own pirates, not worried at all. Threads like this only makes people hoard parts, making them even more hard to get.
Hell, I even owned pinball magic, got all the parts I needed for it, no worries.

Same here - i owned a PM for a while, and was nervous at first about the parts, but there was not one single thing I couldn’t find! And I did a full tear down and replaced half the game

Frustrating that PPS keeps pretending they are remaking the BR cannon, and it’s been like 5 years at this point. This could have been remade by someone like Starship Fantasy twice over by now

#22 4 years ago

I don't see why it's on my lap, or ours, to keep a list of what parts are out. How about JJP tells us which parts are out and which we can expect to be made again? Maybe if there was some communication from JJP to the customers there would be less conjecture and posts with these kinds of questions. Trying to keep any sort of tally here is going to be an exercise in futility as no one can really say, no one has that information except JJP. They could tell you tomorrow that a ramp is out of stock but without knowledge of their supply pipelines, what items they plan to keep in stock or remake, etc. it's all just chaos.

The real question is if JJP will be reproducing parts or not. Again, not something any of us can say but it would be good to know what other people are being told since it's very, very obvious JJP does not want to improve communication with customers.

----------

I have no idea how my Maelstrom ramp broke. It's cracked on the front-left corner between the vertical wall on the left and the bottom (so the "fold") all along where the ramp protector is. I just noticed it when I was cleaning the game several months ago so I asked if there was any warranty (ramp shouldn't crack that soon, right?) but there was no help there so I paid for a new one.

I don't think the ramp is particularly thin there (it is at the top around the loop, which is somewhat concerning) and I don't see what would have caused it. I still have it on the game because I cut the tab off (for the hidden switch mod) and the crack doesn't seem to affect play at all so, like the playfield, I'll just keep using it until it becomes a problem.

#23 4 years ago

I don't see why it's on my lap, or ours, to keep a list of what parts are out. How about JJP tells us which parts are out and which we can expect to be made again? Maybe if there was some communication from JJP to the customers there would be less conjecture and posts with these kinds of questions. Trying to keep any sort of tally here is going to be an exercise in futility as no one can really say, no one has that information except JJP. They could tell you tomorrow that a ramp is out of stock but without knowledge of their supply pipelines, what items they plan to keep in stock or remake, etc. it's all just chaos.
The real question is if JJP will be reproducing parts or not. Again, not something any of us can say but it would be good to know what other people are being told since it's very, very obvious JJP does not want to improve communication with customers.
----------
I have no idea how my Maelstrom ramp broke. It's cracked on the front-left corner between the vertical wall on the left and the bottom (so the "fold") all along where the ramp protector is. I just noticed it when I was cleaning the game several months ago so I asked if there was any warranty (ramp shouldn't crack that soon, right?) but there was no help there so I paid for a new one.
I don't think the ramp is particularly thin there (it is at the top around the loop, which is somewhat concerning) and I don't see what would have caused it. I still have it on the game because I cut the tab off (for the hidden switch mod) and the crack doesn't seem to affect play at all so, like the playfield, I'll just keep using it until it becomes a problem.

As a buyer, I totally agree! Although I can see this from JJP's perspective too. They may truly not know whether they are going to do another run, and don't want to risk panicking anybody by saying "we won't have support parts!!" because then there will be 50 pinside threads about how they are "going out of business". If the parts inventory is a trade secret, ok. But I do hope they consider how many of their games we've all bought ( I personally have purchased WOZ, TH, DI, POTC - and all but WOZ (which I bought twice!) were NIB). I do appreciate the people that work there though - they have been extraordinary - and Steve who works in support - by himself now, by the way, since Frank quit - personally emailed me to hook me up. I think that's great.

now the part is OOS right now, but... I'm hopeful. There's nobody else making games of this quality out there now. AP is close IMO, but not there yet, even though I think the team there is outstanding. They may need some more A-holes on staff to up the quality level

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

As a buyer, I totally agree! Although I can see this from JJP's perspective too. They may truly not know whether they are going to do another run, and don't want to risk panicking anybody by saying "we won't have support parts!!" because then there will be 50 pinside threads about how they are "going out of business". If the parts inventory is a trade secret, ok. But I do hope they consider how many of their games we've all bought ( I personally have purchased WOZ, TH, DI, POTC - and all but WOZ (which I bought twice!) were NIB). I do appreciate the people that work there though - they have been extraordinary - and Steve who works in support - by himself now, by the way, since Frank quit - personally emailed me to hook me up. I think that's great.
now the part is OOS right now, but... I'm hopeful. There's nobody else making games of this quality out there now. AP is close IMO, but not there yet, even though I think the team there is outstanding. They may need some more A-holes on staff to up the quality level

Hey, we're in the 2-WOZ buyers club

They would probably sell a lot of parts if we knew they weren't making them anymore, on one hand.

Frank quit?! Wow, didn't know that. Interesting.

I hope JJP stays in business, we need the competition and higher quality level.

#25 4 years ago

Are the other companies saying when they are out of stock on a part and it will be available again (if ever)?? So many parts in each game, and so many unique parts. I wish they’d all be readily available for all games but not gonna happen. To be honest I haven’t figured out where to get parts for my DI beyond a couple basics. But expecting a company to announce that they are out of or not making more of such-n-such part is crazy talk. They’re not in business to maintain a stock of parts. I’d expect warrantied parts to be replaced. Beyond that / outside warranty they aren’t required to keep parts or communicate about their stock or lack there of, of parts and they shouldn’t be expected to.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Are the other companies saying when they are out of stock on a part and it will be available again (if ever)?? So many parts in each game, and so many unique parts. I wish they’d all be readily available for all games but not gonna happen. To be honest I haven’t figured out where to get parts for my DI beyond a couple basics. But expecting a company to announce that they are out of or not making more of such-n-such part is crazy talk. They’re not in business to maintain a stock of parts. I’d expect warrantied parts to be replaced. Beyond that / outside warranty they aren’t required to keep parts or communicate about their stock or lack there of, of parts and they shouldn’t be expected to.

I wasn't suggesting they should, but if the alternative is trying to keep some sort of tally here it would be impossible. I was hoping we might be able to gather some information to make some informed decisions. The game is what, like a year old? People are still getting NIB games delivered. I would think running out of parts at this point, knowing how many broken parts I've had, is a bit concerning and I'd want to know that no more will be produced in case there is something I think I'd need or is already broken.

#27 4 years ago

I guess we have to add worrying about replacement parts avaliability to the pile of concerns that come with buying a new game. I wish more peace of mind came with these high prices.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

If a pinball company publically stated, we are sorry, but we cant supply spare parts any longer, but company x is our supplier and maybe if you organize yourself and ordered batches, you could probebly get them to supply you at a fair price.

That company would have my vote forever.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

If a pinball company publically stated, we are sorry, but we cant supply spare parts any longer, but company x is our supplier and maybe if you organize yourself and ordered batches, you could probebly get them to supply you at a fair price.
That company would have my vote forever.

That would definitely be awesome! However for the most part, suppliers don't deal with the public like that. Too much drama. That's why we have the distributor model

#30 4 years ago

Well, how about the company open their designs and source files to others could make the products? In essence open sourcing the items they no longer want to make? At least giving license for others to produce.

I ordered a mylar set and the disc decal today, so those are in stock I figure I need those if I am going to do the playfield swap.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Steve who works in support - by himself now,

They got rid of Lloyd ?

Now I'm sad.

LTG : (

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

They got rid of Lloyd ?
Now I'm sad.

What happened to Lloyd?! Did he kick the bucket?

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Oh, I have a suspicion that Lloyd is alive and well and probably not far away!

#34 4 years ago

I don't see why it's on my lap, or ours, to keep a list of what parts are out. How about JJP tells us which parts are out and which we can expect to be made again?
----------
I asked if there was any warranty (ramp shouldn't crack that soon, right?) but there was no help there so I paid for a new one.

What did that run sir?

#35 4 years ago

I ordered a mylar set and the disc decal today, so those are in stock I figure I need those if I am going to do the playfield swap.

JJP Sells a Mylar set for POTC?

#36 4 years ago

Yeah, it was on your game originally. But if you are doing a playfield swap the replacement playfield doesn't come with the mylar. Some pieces are complex so I didn't want to try and cut them myself. The disc decal will look crappy, I'm sure, once you swap playfields so I grabbed that too.

It was like $26 for the Mylar and $6 for the disc decal.

LTG and Steve are #1s!

#37 4 years ago

Yeah, it was on your game originally. But if you are doing a playfield swap the replacement playfield doesn't come with the mylar. Some pieces are complex so I didn't want to try and cut them myself. The disc decal will look crappy, I'm sure, once you swap playfields so I grabbed that too.
LTG and Steve are #1s!

These do not appear on the JJP website. The Disc Decal comes in a large set. Did you phone call to order these? Would you happen to have the part numbers? Thanks!

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

These do not appear on the JJP website. The Disc Decal comes in a large set. Did you phone call to order these? Would you happen to have the part numbers? Thanks!

I did not see the mylar set in the manual, only individuals. The decal is

62-000036-01 POTC Spinning Map Disk Decal

Email Shannan Faccone <[email protected]> and she will know what you want. Most items aren't listed on the website.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

They got rid of Lloyd ?
Now I'm sad.

LOL SORRY! I meant onsite

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from homebrood:

Oh, I have a suspicion that Lloyd is alive and well and probably not far away!

Cool - I was hoping if I made it to Chicago Expo (for the first time I might add) I would get one of those kick ass mugs!

#41 4 years ago

LTG and Steve are #1s!

Sure sounds like you got your refund after all?

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Sure sounds like you got your refund after all?

Nope. Just posted in the other thread, no refund no call. I haven't heard of anyone actually getting a refund on their card yet, at least no one has posted in response to my question.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I think staff helped him find his room at the 'home' and no more computer time, so backgammon and checkers.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

I think staff helped him find his room at the 'home' and no more computer time, so backgammon and checkers.

Probably for the better, he tends to get a bit ornery when he reads Pinside that's for sure...

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Probably for the better, he tends to get a bit ornery when he reads Pinside that's for sure...

WTH guys

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

I deleted it, lermods said it better.

Well if you found those parts you simply were lucky and nothing more. Try to find anything for them now. They are unobtainable at this point. Rick PPS doesn't seem to be responding to emails or questions. I'm not even sure he logs into Pinside at this point. Honestly I don't blame him as someone always seems to be roasting him about one thing or another. I'd get sick of it as well. I recently picked up the BR because I thought it would be fun to have a project to work on over the winter. Only problem is you can't buy any game specific parts for it. As far as NIB...I'm sorry but a game that's been out for a year or so should not have any parts issues plain and simple. Looks like you roll the dice with both new and old stuff it seems.

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I understand Bally Williams games are out of parts, too. Come on people. So long as there's demand, there's always people in pinball to make new parts. And a game like Black Rose doesn't really compare. But do voice a list at the top with a sticky of out of stock- perhaps that would be good for visibility.

#48 4 years ago

I agree with the fact that if there is demand there will be parts available.

Let’s be honest, if money and time isn’t a major concern any part can be replicated easily to restore your personal machine when all else fails.

Quoted from cheshirefilms:

I understand Bally Williams games are out of parts, too. Come on people. So long as there's demand, there's always people in pinball to make new parts. And a game like Black Rose doesn't really compare. Ask Marco..

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from _xizor:

Let’s be honest, in money and time isn’t a major concern any part can be replicated easily to restore your personal machine if all else fails.

Agreed. And if there was someone with a Black Rose with the dedication of those that have games like Alien, that game's issue's would be solved, too. A friend of mine practically rebuilt his game from scratch to make it play the way he wanted. Its a question of resourcefulness and level of commitment.

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from _xizor:

Let’s be honest, if money and time isn’t a major concern any part can be replicated easily to restore your personal machine when all else fails.

Doing so when the manufacturer is still in business could be risky.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanted
$ 38.00
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-running-out-of-potc-parts?hl=greenandwhite and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.