Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 268 posts
  • 115 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Zitt
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

statler-and-waldorf-argue-about muppets pinball.gif
    IMG_1682 (resized).jpeg
    bb555 (resized).png
    IMG_1759.jpeg
    Pinside_forum_7842208_3625839 (resized).png
    IMG_0474 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Steve Ritchie nov2014.jpg
    images.jpeg-55 (resized).jpg
    matrix pinball (resized).jpg
    The_Keymaker (resized).jpg
    6609333A-D827-473D-8EFE-7B85FF0552C0 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1935 (resized).png
    972A6900-35D6-475D-9DAE-C8746047803A.gif
    There are 268 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
    #51 11 months ago

The matrix is a grail theme for me. Back in ~2016 when jjp held their get together at the factory, we asked jack about the Matrix and he seemed intrigued, but nothing ever came of it. It seems like such an obvious theme to go after. Honestly, I would not have much confidence in jjp doing it justice, we might wind up with Matrix 4, but maybe they will surprise us IF the rumor were to be true. To be fair, I’m not sure stern could do it well either.

There is such a large amount of material to turn into a game. Red pill, blue bill, machine city wizard mode, train station ball save (like Toto in woz), flying/advancing the ship through the tunnels, building up and hitting the lock down bar as a magnetic pulse to collect points, smith trying to take over, oracle mystery awards, another wizard mode with the architect, key master, etc.

#52 11 months ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Enter the Matrix! ….with JJP’s IP assets. [quoted image]

"Not like this. . .not like this."

#53 11 months ago

I don't care what the theme is, but I'm glad they fixed their limp dick flippers before Steve's at bat! Imagine High Speed 3 with fricken Wonka flippers?!?

#54 11 months ago
    Quoted from DeeGor:

...The abundance of multiballs has left me wanting more variety in their game design...

\

Isn't this just an Eric thing?

#55 11 months ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Thinking whatever it is Steve R. is gonna be motivated to create a masterpiece after all the criticism he’s taken the last several years.
    And stick it to Stern and the young guns

that's the hope and assumption .... but will have to wait and see the execution

#56 11 months ago

They put 100,000 full-rainbow color lightshows in pretty much everything they make. There's no subtlety to them at all.

Works great for a franchise like Wonka. Hard to imagine them making a game that feels aesthetically like the Matrix. I'm pretty sure if a single lamp is turned off for more than a second, somebody at JJP has a coronary arrest.

#57 11 months ago
    Quoted from theWonderCow:

They put 100,000 full-rainbow color lightshows in pretty much everything they make. There's no subtlety to them at all.
    Works great for a franchise like Wonka. Hard to imagine them making a game that feels aesthetically like the Matrix. I'm pretty sure if a single lamp is turned off for more than a second, somebody at JJP has a coronary arrest.

The Matrix programming waterfall will look amazing on a JJP game thanks to there being 100+ RGB inserts. Hard to do that on a Stern with 12 or so RGB inserts...

#58 11 months ago
    Quoted from eharan:

Why would anyone believe what Kaneda says. The guy is a complete tool and I am shocked that 600 other tools pay to listen to his BS shows. He has already said it was Billy Joel, then Elton John, now the Matrix. He is a complete JackAss!!!

The matrix was the original speculation before Billy Joel and Elton John. I new it was the matrix but people don't believe me. Because Ritchie likes controllable RGBs. He wanted to do another pin like his star trek but Gary wouldn't let him.

#59 11 months ago

Ritchie with JJP is going to be a strange combination, hopefully he has the creative authority to make the flippers play like his signature style and not like every JJP game out there whatever the title is.

#60 11 months ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

\
    Isn't this just an Eric thing?

It may be a Keefer thing. Hobbit is very multiball heavy as well.

#61 11 months ago
    Quoted from DeeGor:

It may be a Keefer thing...

Could be back together again on this one; we shall see.

#62 11 months ago

Top 3 theme for me, but music assets will be really important. Mona Lisa Overdrive score and the car chase scene in Reloaded makes for one of the most iconic action scenes of all time in my opinion

#63 11 months ago
    Quoted from DeeGor:

It may be a Keefer thing. Hobbit is very multiball heavy as well.

Not like GnR, pirates, or GF. GnR and GF you're literally 3 seconds from multiball.

#64 11 months ago
    The_Keymaker (resized).jpgThe_Keymaker (resized).jpg
    #65 11 months ago
    Quoted from fooflighter:

Matrix 1 only or pass

Would need some action scenes from the second movie too IMO

#66 11 months ago
    Quoted from JH315:

The Godfather is my favorite movie...but JJP didn't really do much with it beyond key art

OP nails it with the above comment. (Whether Kaneda is right about this is irrelevant).
    Title means nothing - guarantees nothing - it's the gameplay that matters...and the coding to match the theme properly.

No, I would never buy in advance based on title alone, and neither should anyone else in the pinball world.

#67 11 months ago
    Quoted from fooflighter:

Matrix 1 only or pass

As talked aboot in the past I think the themes off the next 2 movies ate great for a machine. Good ideas and images to use in design.

Horrible shit to watch in a movie agreed though

#68 11 months ago
    Quoted from ejg10532626:

OP nails it with the above comment. (Whether Kaneda is right about this is irrelevant).
    Title means nothing - guarantees nothing - it's the gameplay that matters...and the coding to match the theme properly.
    No, I would never buy in advance based on title alone, and neither should anyone else in the pinball world.

As Vid always says, play before you buy.

#69 11 months ago

Does this rumor actually have any credibility or is it just K throwing out another guess?

#70 11 months ago
    Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Does this rumor actually have any credibility

It is better than Steve doing My Little Pony.

LTG : )

#71 11 months ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

The matrix is a grail theme for me. Back in ~2016 when jjp held their get together at the factory, we asked jack about the Matrix and he seemed intrigued, but nothing ever came of it. It seems like such an obvious theme to go after. Honestly, I would not have much confidence in jjp doing it justice, we might wind up with Matrix 4, but maybe they will surprise us IF the rumor were to be true. To be fair, I’m not sure stern could do it well either.
    There is such a large amount of material to turn into a game. Red pill, blue bill, machine city wizard mode, train station ball save (like Toto in woz), flying/advancing the ship through the tunnels, building up and hitting the lock down bar as a magnetic pulse to collect points, smith trying to take over, oracle mystery awards, another wizard mode with the architect, key master, etc.

My first thought regarding red pill and blue pill would be shots colored red and blue. Blue charges the jackpot for red shots. The longer you stay oblivious the more important "waking up" is!

I would love to see the clip of the minigun raining bullets and shells when they've got Morpheus hostage tied in the chair. That would be a worthwhile multiball mode IMO.

Quoted from LTG:

It is better than Steve doing My Little Pony.
    LTG : )

My 4 y/o daughter would strongly disagree!

#72 11 months ago
    Quoted from Keylime:

I would love to see the clip of the minigun raining bullets and shells when they've got Morpheus hostage tied in the chair. That would be a worthwhile multiball mode IMO.

Agree, awesome scene! Could even be a 'Save Morpheus' mini wizard that also has the next scene with the helicopter crash etc. So much potential! Surely they'd also have to do 'bullet time' in gameplay somehow - maybe something with magnets? I can kind of imagine bullet time being activated and a magnet slowing the ball down - but hopefully they think of something better than that!

#73 11 months ago

There’s a lot they could do with this theme. I’ve always been surprised at the lack of a full production Matrix machine.

#74 11 months ago

The image below is supposedly from a pre alpha build of the game.

matrix pinball (resized).jpgmatrix pinball (resized).jpg

#75 11 months ago

Matrix would be cool, but John Wick would be cooler.

#76 11 months ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

[quoted image]

Whoa! Where did this come from? Anyone seen JJP alphas before and think it looks real?
    If it's real, looks like I've got some saving to do!

#77 11 months ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

[quoted image]

I can't tell when someone is joking anymore on this site. You actually think this is real?

#78 11 months ago

I can't tell when someone is joking anymore on this site. You actually think this is real?

Didn't you learn anything from the movie? Sometimes you just need to take that red pill and start believing!

images.jpeg-55 (resized).jpgimages.jpeg-55 (resized).jpg
    #79 11 months ago
    Quoted from partlyironic:

Didn't you learn anything from the movie? Sometimes you just need to take that red pill and start believing! [quoted image]

What pill do I need to take to get back to reality. I really hope it's the Matrix. But one day it's 100% Elton John and the next day it's 100% the Matrix. Next K will say it's something else entirely. Nostradamus would be proud.

#80 11 months ago

If this is real, then I'm in. Serious question, what is the process to get in on the CE and/or LE list with JJP when things become official? Does JJP open some sort of pre-order directly they announce at a given time, is it through distributors, something else?

#81 11 months ago

What pill do I need to take to get back to reality. I really hope it's the Matrix. But one day it's 100% Elton John and the next day it's 100% the Matrix. Next K will say it's something else entirely. Nostradamus would be proud.

Are you saying it will be a Nostradamus pin?

#82 11 months ago

At the current prices, I just don't care. I have posters all over my game room and bar. Not one is the Matrix.

I'd buy a $20 poster over a $12,000 pinball machine just because I like the movie.

#83 11 months ago
    Quoted from TopMoose:

I’m all for a Matrix pin, but not from Steve Richie - he’s absolutely the wrong choice to design this title. Gomez, Danger or even Elwin would make a way better Matrix game for Stern.

Screw stern and the node boards! Jjp is the better choice for dream themes.

#84 11 months ago

Judas Priest Nostradamus would be awesome, any Judas Priest pin really!

#85 11 months ago

Steve and Matrix, nov2014, gaining some inspiration for a pinball theme
    Steve Ritchie nov2014.jpgSteve Ritchie nov2014.jpg

#86 11 months ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Top Gun would have made for a much better theme and pinball machine IMO.

Steve already perfected that with F-14. Don't know if there's much more you can do with that theme.

3 weeks later
    #87 10 months ago

Does anyone know if/where any of the Pinnovating Matrix pins are in the US?

#88 10 months ago

I believe there is only 1 in the US

Mine will be up for sale soon on Pinside ,maybe someone wil be lucky nr 2

#89 10 months ago

I enjoy when people bring up themes of pins I didn't even know I wanted until I find someone mentioning them. This would be sweet!

#90 10 months ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

[quoted image]

I can safely say that this image in no way resembles anything JJP has done on any of their previous titles for the areas they use for tracking multiball progress or points. I'd imagine that by now, considering how fluid, cohesive, and insanely well done their LCD animations are across all their games, that they've got a much better, standardized program that they use for testing that most likely uses zero graphics or other imagery until more complete and well polished versions of the graphics are agreed upon and ready for implementation.

I think you're being trolled.

#91 10 months ago

JJP want to release 2 games a year. So we should be expecting late August early September before Stern reveals Venom.

2 weeks later
    #92 10 months ago

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/jersey-jack-pinball-godfather-production-update-rumors-about-upcoming-titles

Knapp Arcade now hearing Stern has the license and Jack's on design.

I feel the Matrix would need to play fast, Jack would be an ideal fit in my opinion! Hope this one's true

#93 10 months ago
    Quoted from AMSNL:

I believe there is only 1 in the US
    Mine will be up for sale soon on Pinside ,maybe someone wil be lucky nr 2

There is at least two for sure in the US…

#94 10 months ago

If jjp does Indy, they are huge idiots. So many new themes out there, yet they want to make a pin that already has two Sterns with the same theme.

Maybe they'll do Indy 4. Lol.

#95 10 months ago

Doubt any new game would beat Williams Indy, but I'd happily play a modern Indy with video assets, a modern sound package and rule set. Agree that I'd rather see other themes first though (except for Elton John lol)!

#96 9 months ago

I really hope it's not Indiana Jones. Been there, done that, twice. One by B/W, one by Stern. We don't need a JJP Indy. There's no new material that we'd want in that game.

If TS4 taught JJP anything, it's that Disney would force them to do Indy5, and only Indy5, which I believe is going to flop, massively. Why? I think it's about time travel. The two go-to's of failing IP's and/or piss-poor writing are: aliens, and time travel. We've already had the first one....

1 month later
    #97 8 months ago
    Quoted from partlyironic:

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/jersey-jack-pinball-godfather-production-update-rumors-about-upcoming-titles
    Knapp Arcade now hearing Stern has the license and Jack's on design.
    I feel the Matrix would need to play fast, Jack would be an ideal fit in my opinion! Hope this one's true

If true, I hope it’s based off the original, with a few things from the second and third movies. Machine city wizard mode, being stuck in purgatory subway, etc. lock down bar button is obviously an emp to collect all points on the playfield. Red pill blue pill modes where the game changes into those colors. the possibilities really are endless. I just hope that whoever does this understands that this is a theme that really needs to be thought about, the designer is passionate about it and that the assets and integration are really important! Personally, I’d love to see Keith Johnson in on this, the Simpsons is pure genius.

I don’t know what it would cost to get Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss and Lawrence Fishburne, if it’s even possible, but I think people will be willing to pay more for this title IF it’s done right. I would. Character voices would be tough to swallow on this one.

#98 8 months ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

I don’t know what it would cost to get Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss and Lawrence Fishburne, if it’s even possible, but I think people will be willing to pay more for this title IF it’s done right. I would. Character voices would be tough to swallow on this one.

The player will probably be the one in the Matrix with an operator giving them the game instructions. Tank is probably available for VOs.

#99 8 months ago

The matrix would be cool... But as I stated before; Even Steve Richie with the IDEAL theme cannot convince me to EVER trust JJP with my money.
    I can't risk my hard earned money with a POS Highclasspinball playfield which pools or delaminates the artwork while sitting NIB. They haven't fixed this issue and haven't demonstrated they deserve my money. They don't even warranty anything in the game any more.

They also have done nothing to improve the "quality" of their product. They don't stand behind their product... It's always "the owner's fault".

They do nothing but power money grabs (see GNR mid-run price hike)... and actively find ways to screw the customer out of even more money.

I hear their code is lack luster and they can't be bothered to actually release fixed/improved software in reasonable time frames.

Sorry; I wish SR the best of luck and love his work - I just can't be convinced to give Jerky Jack any of my money. They don't deserve it.

#100 8 months ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

The player will probably be the one in the Matrix with an operator giving them the game instructions. Tank is probably available for VOs.

Yes, this . . . The player becomes "The One" and some wizard mode fighting agents to complete the game. Work in Keanu first person callouts (like the player talking to themselves/outloud about various things).

There are 268 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-rumor-steve-ritchie-s-the-matrix/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.