(Topic ID: 7688)

JJP released prototype cabinet photo

By absocountry2

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

woz-right2.jpg
    woz-left2.jpg
    pinball.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimjim66.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Ick they went with the old bally style backbox. Anytime they mount the speakers high it just looks odd.

I agree, I also like the speakers lower. I wonder if it was done this way because of the glare. It would look better if the LCD was in the middle for symmetrical reasons.

I would like to see innovation on maintenance things too. Example: With the Pin2000 systems you could take a playfield out within minutes. Might be a huge incentive to operators if they were easier to work on.

#24 12 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Pink2k was designed to have the playfields swapped. The problem is that the more connections a game has the more likely it is to fail. Most people will never remove the playfield so it stands to reason that they shouldn't add extra connectors. All it does is raise costs and give another place you have to trouble shoot.

You're right, I should have been more clear. Bad point/analogy. I was just thinking about any type of innovation that makes them easier to work on. Not bagging on Stern, but it seems they have taken a step backwards in order to save money.

Playfield braces gone, when you do pull a playfield out it doesn't catch, new lock down mechanism, soldering LEDs, etc...

Small things add up, and I realize it increases the BOM, but I do hope they think about the maintenance end.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimjim66.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-released-prototype-cabinet-photo?tu=jimjim66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.