You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EF63C203-E1FE-4010-82FC-7C9966EE2BC3 (resized).png
9CF978F5-FC78-4441-9201-BAEFAF290CC7 (resized).jpeg
CFF38631-EDEE-45C4-8696-47B996C630C7 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

recently inquired with my distributor about a pirates of the caribbean and a willy wonka standard. they basically told me not to purchase the pins due to poor board configurations?? i know machines will have their issues, but is this something that is common with the newer JJP's? i'll post the conversation below. really starting to enjoy pirates and it sounds like with all the issues i should keep my fingers crossed for a black pearl edition further down the road, or just wait for toy story. really want to own a JJP, but considering the price and these issues with quality control i'm slightly worried. any info from distributors or home owners of JJP games would be greatly appreciated. I am located in Saint Louis.

"The standard models are still being made, however, we have not stocked them because Jersey Jack is having a lot of problems with this machine. Eric would be happy to discuss what issues they are having but until they can come up with a solution, this is not a good pinball. The Willy Wonka is the same issue, since it is Jersey Jack, and they are using the same board configurations so we are holding off on them as well. If you’re dead set on one of these, we can find out how long it will take to get one. We would love for you to use us as a source to purchase, but we will always protect you with good information so you can make a good purchase."

#2 4 years ago

Do they mean issues with the playfields? Or the circuit boards?

#3 4 years ago

Who is the distributor ?

#4 4 years ago

Haven't heard of JJP having circuit board issues since the early WOZ days. Something here doesn't sound right unless theres an issue with boards for early production Wonka boards. Since the early WOZ days there have been no widespread board issues.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

recently inquired with my distributor about a pirates of the caribbean and a willy wonka standard. they basically told me not to purchase the pins due to poor board configurations?? i know machines will have their issues, but is this something that is common with the newer JJP's? i'll post the conversation below. really starting to enjoy pirates and it sounds like with all the issues i should keep my fingers crossed for a black pearl edition further down the road, or just wait for toy story. really want to own a JJP, but considering the price and these issues with quality control i'm slightly worried. any info from distributors or home owners of JJP games would be greatly appreciated. I am located in Saint Louis.
"The standard models are still being made, however, we have not stocked them because Jersey Jack is having a lot of problems with this machine. Eric would be happy to discuss what issues they are having but until they can come up with a solution, this is not a good pinball. The Willy Wonka is the same issue, since it is Jersey Jack, and they are using the same board configurations so we are holding off on them as well. If you’re dead set on one of these, we can find out how long it will take to get one. We would love for you to use us as a source to purchase, but we will always protect you with good information so you can make a good purchase."

Baloney. They are bullshitting because they don’t have inventory. ALL games require some setup and fixing of little things like switches or sometimes alignment of scoops when you unbox them. But JJP hasn’t had problems with boards since the light board redesign in 2013, that is nonsense.

#6 4 years ago

load of crap. Either someone is mad at JJP or they have no inventory to sell and want you to buy a Stern or something.

#7 4 years ago

distributor name is 3......2......1.....

#8 4 years ago

I’m also not aware of any board issues. I would get with Eric or Lloyd.

#9 4 years ago

Sounds like somebody isnt going to be my distributor much longer.

There are no circuit board issues since I redesigned the platform for Hobbit.

#10 4 years ago

I seriously wonder if TonLoc777 will be back in this thread.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I seriously wonder if TonLoc777 will be back in this thread.

I dunno, but it won’t be hard to find out who services the St Louis area.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

this is not a good pinball

Fake news.

Edit: Actually it's right. POTC is not a good pinball. It's an exceptional_ pinball.

I went out on location with a buddy to play pins yesterday, and all I wanted to do was play their POTC SE.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

If a distributor is willing to lose a sale saying the game is no good I would trust that when he says the game is good that it is more than safe to buy wait for your distributor to give you the thumbs up

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

If a distributor is willing to lose a sale saying the game is no good I would trust that when he says the game is good that it is more than safe to buy wait for your distributor to give you the thumbs up

Expected nothing else from you lol. My jjp pins have all been great and some of the best overall quality I've encountered since being in the hobby.

#15 4 years ago

Bought a woz nib, only had minor "normal" issues so far. No game breaker, no big deal so far.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Eric has commented in this thread, what the distributor said is fake news.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Actually it's right. POTC is not a good pinball. It's an exceptional_ pinball.

I have to agree. Eric and JJP knocked this one out of the park!

#18 4 years ago

If by board they mean playfeild then yes some pirates have issues, if they mean circuit boards I have never heard a issue since early woz game.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Who says the distributor was willing to lose a sale?

Maybe the distributor was out of the Antarctic Blue Super Sports Wagon and only had Metallic Pea Family Trucksters in stock...

#20 4 years ago

Some old school distributors called playfields, playboards, so I guess they mean the chipping/clear issues.

But then you wouldn't stock Stern or Spooky as they have had similar issues as well!

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

If by board they mean playfeild then yes some pirates have issues, if they mean circuit boards I have never heard a issue since early woz game.

yep, this very well could be some confusion. The distro might have said playfield board and the OP thought he meant circuit boards.

#22 4 years ago

This has to be about the shitty playfields, not the boardset....

#23 4 years ago

Looking at TonLoc777 posting history just asking questions about his games I don't think he knew the pot of shit he was stirring up

#24 4 years ago

What the hell does "poor board configuration" even mean?

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

What the hell does "poor board configuration" even mean?

What does 90% of what that distributor wrote mean?

#26 4 years ago

Name the Distributor or I call BS...

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Name the Distributor or I call BS...

DAMN!

Gauntlet thrown!!

#28 4 years ago

Given its complexity, I've had almost no issues with my POTC (late run). I had a loose screw on the chest fork and had to make an adjustment to the chest locking mechanism. Both took me about 30 minutes in total to correct. That's really par for NIB games that I purchased. I also had some minor shipping related damage on my backglass, which support sent me a replacement right away. Find another distro and purchase your JJP games with confidence.

#29 4 years ago

Post the actual email you received from this distributor.

#30 4 years ago

POTC had no issues that I could see or detect when I played one at the Pinball Gallery in Malvern, PA a few weeks ago. The game really kicked major ass. They are hard to find though it seems.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

Sounds like an uninformed distributor. We at Flip N Out Pinball are an authorized JJP Dealer and close to StL, with many happy StL customers. We’d be happy to help you and if you’d like, we can setup a time and day that works for you to look at these JJP machines in detail and answer any questions or concerns you may have. Shoot us a message or call, we’d love to help.

Zach Meny
Flip N Out Pinball
[email protected]

#32 4 years ago

Is this guy just trolling?

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Is this guy just trolling?

If you look at his post I think it was an honest question about a game he hoped to add to his collection

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I would get with Eric or Lloyd.

Quoted from Hogbog:

Sounds like somebody isnt going to be my distributor much longer.

There are no circuit board issues since I redesigned the platform for Hobbit.

My version is the distributor is full of crap.

Some Pirates have had issues. You see them here on Pinside. You don't see all the games that went out and have had no issues. And JJP is there to help. You have a question, or a problem. Open a ticket. Call Tech Support - Frank, Steve, or Me. Call Jack. Call Eric. Be informed, don't believe idle gossip.

LTG : )

#35 4 years ago

I might add. Talk to other distributors. Zach at Flip N' Out, Chris at Kingpin Games, Mike Daddona at Automated. ( others too, don't mean to miss any of the good ones ). A good distributor helps you before, during, and after the sale.

If you are in the area, stop in at my place. I have the JJP line up here. I can show you how great they are and answer any questions you have.

LTG : )

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Who says the distributor was willing to lose a sale?

Maybe the distributor was out of the Antarctic Blue Super Sports Wagon and only had Metallic Pea Family Trucksters in stock...

Rofl.
You think you hate it now, but wait till you drive it.

Ont. Isnt boards more of a stern thingie and jjp more fix some mechaning tune-up stuff yourself thingie?

#37 4 years ago

When I picked up my CE and loaded it into my car it came home with issues. So in my opinion the only issue they have is that someone needs to turn on the machine and read the error report and correct before releasing the machine to go out the door. Board configuration.. not sure what that even means.

I've fixed my issues and the machine has been great... other than that damn auto launcher which I've just been procrastinating about for much to long.

BTW, standard POTC are still being made? If not, that's my first clue that something is off about this entire thread.

#38 4 years ago

Maybe he means that Pirates is missing some disks, some inserts and a opening chest and Willy Wonka some models might miss some stuff in the upper left corner.

Just kidding

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

If you look at his post I think it was an honest question about a game he hoped to add to his collection

If someone goes to a house that has a cracked window and sets the house on fire to get people’s attention so they can step back and watch the fire response then that is not honesty or innocence. Without further info from the OP then that is what it appears to be and is bad form to not be active in their own thread.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

we have not stocked them

Truth be told, They have not stocked them because they are not available to stock yet as far as I know, not due to poor quality.

On another note, I received one of the first JJP PoTCs and had issues, rest assured, JJP customer support is second to none. JJP and Flip-N-out pinball has went above and beyond what would be expected for customer support. I wouldn’t hesitate to take the first pin off the line. Your issues (if any) will be resolved.

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

If someone goes to a house that has a cracked window and sets the house on fire to get people’s attention so they can step back and watch the fire response then that is not honesty or innocence. Without further info from the OP then that is what it appears to be and is bad form to not be active in their own thread.
I will consider removing my downvote of OP if they ever come back.

Before this post all his post were on threads he started with questions about games he owned I think it was an honest question

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Before this post all his post were on threads he started with questions about games he owned I think it was an honest question

I hope he comes back to this thread to show that.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I hope he comes back to this thread to show that.

Why the hell would he do that all I said was wait for the distro's thumbs up and got eleven thumbs down others comments " the distributor is full of crap." "load of crap." "Fake news." "What does 90% of what that distributor wrote mean?" "Is this guy just trolling?" Why the hell would one who just asked a question want to come back into this Pinside shitshow

#44 4 years ago

OP makes the opening post 9 hours ago and is now a ghost, = troll !

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

OP makes the opening post 9 hours ago and is now a ghost, = troll !

Maybe, but also maybe someone who posted in the morning and went to work. Not everyone lives on pinside like we do

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Not everyone lives on pinside like we do

TRUE

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#48 4 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

not a good pinball

You’re gettin a little wild with this thing...

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

You’re gettin a little wild with this thing...

Read again he did not say that pay attention to the " symbols " it was a quote

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Read again he did not say that pay attention to the " symbols " it was a quote

Some kids never find the Easter eggs

CFF38631-EDEE-45C4-8696-47B996C630C7 (resized).jpegCFF38631-EDEE-45C4-8696-47B996C630C7 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 64.00
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-quality?hl=procrastinator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.