View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

Ok, just a placeholder. Making a replacement rock outcropping for those SE owners OR an upgrade for the LE/CE owners. Just wait...

#2 4 years ago

Can you just go ahead and make an se to le conversion kit? Haha. Thank you for looking in to another cool mod

#3 4 years ago

HAHAH... yeah, that's about what's happening. Grab some invisiglass and a shaker motor and you're good! The RGB lighting is almost unnecessary.

#4 4 years ago

This is actually going to be upgraded rocks... I am going to put it on my LE, wait till you see it

#5 4 years ago

Can’t wait!

#6 4 years ago

I'm in too.

My SE ist waiting for your Devils Triangle rock mod.

#7 4 years ago

Would someone be interested in a playfield swap service? Clear coated with auto clear, fully populated, plug in and play, new playfield.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Would someone be interested in a playfield swap service? Clear coated with auto clear, fully populated, plug in and play, new playfield.

Harry do you sleep?

#10 4 years ago

Haha love the passion.

#12 4 years ago

I need the rock. According to my source, JJP has 3 in stock currently for LE/CE owners but you need to show that yours is broken first before they will send you one.

#13 4 years ago

I could be convinced if it was real hi quality.

I agree , the op does not sleep .

#15 4 years ago

Any news about the devils triangle?

So excited about this mod.

My SE is waiting for your rocks

#16 4 years ago

Geteos is working on a prototype. Expecting something soon.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Harry do you sleep?

sleep is the cousin of death...

1 week later
#18 4 years ago

Hey there, Harry.
Any update on this? I plan to get one right a way.

Thanks!

#19 4 years ago

I would be interested in one

#20 4 years ago

This would be a great service....any idea of the cost?

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

This would be a great service....any idea of the cost?

It'd be a lot But if you are serious i'll think about it. I'd probably want to do mine first to see what kind of time it will take. I've done mostly older games so it's a bit more work with replacing everything at the same time.

Good news on the rocks is that we have a basic concept in 3D. Working out now if it is possible to realistically produce these in 3D. The print is going to take like 17 hours. If that isn't viable then we are going to resin cast them. I think there are 2-3 other mods coming down the pipeline first but this is definitely in the works and we should have a proto to share soon.

#23 4 years ago

The rocks is the mod I'm waiting most for.

Still ordered some of your other mods, one via your pinside shop, two via your Website shop.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from Slapfighter:

The rocks is the mod I'm waiting most for.
Still ordered some of your other mods, one via your pinside shop, two via your Website shop.

Thanks!

A 3D test print was done today on a similar rock outcropping for another game and it came out pretty good. Still have some kinks to work out but it seems very promising.

#26 4 years ago

Mwahahahahahah. 2nd prototype printing now.

Tease....

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#27 4 years ago

Not sure what's more exciting this or my Wonka coming soon.

#28 4 years ago

Yes it's coming

#29 4 years ago

Looks like modcouple just posted their version of the rocks. I'll be happy to post a full 3D render of ours shortly so you can decide.

#30 4 years ago

Looks like modcouple just posted their copy of the JJP version. I'll be happy to post a full 3D render of ours shortly so you can decide.

Appreciated but not a copy thanks. And available and shipping today if your interested!

#31 4 years ago

Fixed. Weird I couldn't find anywhere you mention you were making these or we probably wouldn't have done it. No matter, we're doing sort of a plus one version that LE and CE owners can upgrade to.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Appreciated but not a copy thanks. And available and shipping today if your interested!

It'd be nice if there was a multi item purchase discount. These little things start to add up.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

It'd be nice if there was a multi item purchase discount. These little things start to add up.

If you mean from me, thinking about it.

#34 4 years ago

Interested. Do you have any more pics?

#35 4 years ago

Yeah, going to post our render soon. The pics of the printed prototypes look horrible because it's a really, really fast print speed and low quality because the actual quality piece takes a long time to print. The render will look much better and we'll print out a high quality version so everyone can see. We've integrated some features which we think are cool and the design is different than the original by a decent percentage.

#36 4 years ago

Does this get anyone's pants tight?

Those eyes... they aren't just black... mwahhahahaha

#37 4 years ago

I’m scared!!!

Cool.

#38 4 years ago

So eyes light when spinner activates? Looks like there will be some NOS Devil’s Triangles on the market soon!!

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

So eyes light when spinner activates? Looks like there will be some NOS Devil’s Triangles on the market soon!!

Ummm.... well... yes and no. The eyes light up for multiple things

#40 4 years ago

When my Chicken Marsala is ready?

#41 4 years ago

Bummmbubmbubbummmmbummmmmm..... Ok, here's our render.

Like I said, it takes a lot of time to print so refining it has been a slow process. It's very large. Here are my notes for you all to consider:

1. A custom designed rockwork that will be an add-on for SE or upgrade for CE/LE if you like. The skull could be removed if you do not want it but is a big part of the interactivity.
2. The eyes react to ball movement and other input from game lighting. Initially they will have a dim, unobtrusive glow but will change their brightness and possibly color to indicate a ball leaving the cave, for example. Further lighting will be part of the entire kit to highlight elements of the cave and skull.
3. A skull alternative may be flickering flame torches that cross the entrance
4. As soon as we have a decent looking print I will post real pictures. Not sure if you can tell but the rocks extend quite a bit forward and backward from where the original would have sat. Much of the "empty" space in that area of the game is now taken up by rocks and they blend in quite a bit more.
5. There are no visible screws
6. The cave, while visible now, will have a "closed" entrance (it will look like a black/dark entrance to a tunnel) which the ball will "break through" when exiting.
6. Of course, like a Ron Popeil style mantra, it's (repeat after me) PLUG AND PLAY!

Since this will be an expensive piece compared to some of our others due to overall size, print time and design time, we want to make sure it has that kind of detailed quality so we are taking our time. We had to rush this a bit to get a model out to you, which may change slightly. We are working on building up the back of the rocks even more to take over more landscape behind the rocks heading up to the Dauntless.

Feedback is always welcome. More renders and pics to come.

#42 4 years ago

Very interested

#44 4 years ago

Here's a sort of view of the back, it has a lot more substance to it when compared to the OG. Makes it look really stout in the game.

#45 4 years ago

Following!

#46 4 years ago

Harry (aka Scott), I am late to following this post but I am now. You are making amazing MODS, so much so that I am beginning to question the value of ever buying anything more than a SE version and then upgrading with all of your great MODS and those offered by the likes of the MOD couple, lermods, Back Alley Creations, etc., etc. I have a WONKA CE on order right now but I am really beginning to question what the extra $3-5k is buying when I can get the same thing (and maybe more like your Devil's Triangle mod) for a lot less money. Yeah, maybe I won't get the 'glitter on the playfield' or the radicals (I might miss those) but the SE and LE versions are looking like the better choices, all things considered. JJP had better get the word out soon on what the CE 's undisclosed extras are , or I predict other CE buyers will begin to rethink their purchase decision just as I am now. Anyway Harry/Scott, great job(s) on all of your efforts.

#47 4 years ago

Thanks

The aftermarket mods are getting better and better! This was my first non-base level game. After feeling it out, I think I also like the opportunity to sort of customize the game to my liking. I was somewhat surprised that manufacturers don't go the way of more custom builds, offering options like Cliffy protectors as stock installs. Distros could install these items directly or you could order from them/the factory. But I guess good for us to be able to make this stuff cheaper than the manufacturer and have so many options.

I gave up my Wonka spot because I'm deciding how I want to move forward with the playfield situation. I want a Wonka still but I need to meditate on it a bit. I'm unsure if there is room on that game for the level of modification we were able to make on POTC. I have a few WOZ mods coming out but that game is pretty well taken care of as well. I am sort of eyeing a Deadpool but Stern mods seem abundant. So, we'll see. I don't have budget to buy games just to mod (nor space! lol) so might need to toss my JP up for sale to free up some room.

#48 4 years ago

I thought I could ignore this mod, having an LE and thus having a rock already. But now looking at this prototype with interactive behavior I am as an upgrade. Please leave the skull in the rock.

I have now uncounted mods from you Scott waiting for shipment after finalizing the chest and lighting mod. When I get tis package it will be like Christmas and birthday together. Perhaps I open a bootle, but no rum.

Please stop making further mods, I need to finance my living first and don’t want my family to be left hungry

#49 4 years ago

Go on and make more mods, gemany is waiting

This Devils Triangle rock is not what I expected ........it's better and bigger my wife also says bigger is better
I will buy one when it is availlable.....

#50 4 years ago

LOL! We love Germany! My wife is a Sebastian Vettel fan and wants to go to Germany next year for the F1 race. However, I had to choose a *different* driver just so we had something to tease each other about while watching the races. Apparently I also work German hours because I'm up with you two. More mods for Germany!

Slapfighter will get his stuff delivered personally so I can hit the Nurburgring.

Thanks for the feedback, good to know there is interest! I really, really just want this stuff on my game too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 38.00
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-potc-the-depths-rock-outcropping-in-design and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.