• $12000 52 votes
    23%

(230 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
17A5D48E-3087-4484-BB36-B893E4C407C0.jpeg
4123A5CC-7AAD-4B8A-8D95-E6EF1E33F78E.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from maglar:

The reason Stern stopped making POTC is because it was almost impossible to manufacture. It was such a pain in the ass to get to work correctly they threw there hands up and said, never again. Don't expect to ever see a rerun.

Huh?

#48 3 years ago

The only issue JJP would have with POTC LE is making them fast enough. No matter what anyones opinion is even at 12.5 this game would be a sell out! Its just that dam good.

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I would rather they focus on getting new games out than re-running old ones. JJP will never get to releasing multiple new machines per year if they go back to re-releasing old ones with some new trim package.

My Guess is their business model is to build games and make profit not a title catalog. So if building game sales by continuing to run WOZ, POTC, GnR, Wonka, whatever makes sales that seems to be a model that works and at a Much lower risk and cost than hoping the next title is a win. Smart business in my view.

#90 3 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

They're struggling to fulfill the GNR orders they currently have. They jacked up the price by $1000 and there are still people getting in line to buy one. I don't think they're worried about losing out on JJPOTC money right now.
Besides, there would be outrage if they started up a second line to do another JJPOTC run. I ordered GNR LE on day 2 and am still waiting. It's been over 6 months.
I understand there people out there that would love to get a retail priced JJPOTC, but people had their chance and passed on it. Good for those that got them when nobody wanted them.

In my view your post is key. It was hard to build and make money building POTC the first time Without having a hot firecracker of a game like GnR on the tracks. Can only imagine those waiting 6 months to a year on a GnR having to wait longer cause they want to simply squeeze a game into production. Add to that, while it was possibly (assuming) a tight profit margin on POTC several years ago This year (from what our company is seeing) materials, components, wood, etc are up in some cases over 40% in cost. That would bleed any possible profit out of that game sadly unless it was released at crazy money.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-potc-re-run-what-would-you-pay?tu=yelobird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.