• $12000 52 votes
    23%

(230 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
17A5D48E-3087-4484-BB36-B893E4C407C0.jpeg
4123A5CC-7AAD-4B8A-8D95-E6EF1E33F78E.gif

There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 2 years ago

With all the ludicrous pricing for used JJP POTCs, I’m sure Jack is at least pondering a re-run. But I’m curious - if there was a re-run, would you buy one? I think I would buy one for $8k (which would probably NOT be the price), I would ponder it for $10k but probably pass and would have no interest at $12k+.

So - here’s a poll. If JJP were to re-run a POTC “LE” (not standard, not CE), what is the most you would pay if you would buy one at all?

#2 2 years ago

If they could add updated code, updated LED and wifi, and that original spinner I’d pay up to 12k but it would need to be updated thoroughly.

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from Gattiman:

If they could add updated code, updated LED and wifi, and that original spinner I’d pay up to 12k but it would need to be updated thoroughly.

Yea, the original spinner would certainly move me to a higher number that I would pay, but I don’t see it happening. They spent a ton of time trying to get it reliable the first time around and never could.

#4 2 years ago

Not interested

#5 2 years ago

I'd pay 10k for an LE..

#6 2 years ago

Zero. I hated it when it came out, and the weird FOMO to get one now that we can’t hasn’t shifted my opinion of the game.

#7 2 years ago

I would buy it for whatever and then sell it a year latter for 40k

#8 2 years ago

Instant deposit at 8k. 10k would make me squirm but I would probably cave. 12k and I’m out. Great thread!

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Zero. I hated it when it came out, and the weird FOMO to get one now that we can’t hasn’t shifted my opinion of the game.

I didn’t care for it initially, then kind of liked it at TPF 2019 and tried to buy one but they sold out. I had the opportunity to buy a standard edition NIB for $6500 and passed. (Kicking myself for that now).

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

FOMO is driving this hobby right now

#11 2 years ago

You know, this has become absurd, I just can't understand why people actually believe these are going for 18k for the LEs and 30k for the CEs- just because ads are placed and marked "sale pending" does not mean the game sold. Even if one single idiot truly paid that much, that doesn't set market price. Everybody else jumped on the wagon and listed theirs for 20k "firm". Still sitting there. Anyhow, its a great game and I placed my vote, hope it gets put back on the line

#12 2 years ago

Game was expensive to make. They cut production short to move on. With all that said $12,500 for an LE wouldn’t be enough for them. WOZ yellow brick road with the missing monkey was going for $13,500 with most distributors and they have increased prices on new games by $1,000 since then. A POTC rerun would probably start at at least $14,500 and would maybe be missing one of the mechs.

#13 2 years ago

A Black Pearl edition without Depp’s face all over it, playfield issues fixed and opening trunk $10,500.
Triple disk special edition $12,500

#14 2 years ago
4123A5CC-7AAD-4B8A-8D95-E6EF1E33F78E.gif4123A5CC-7AAD-4B8A-8D95-E6EF1E33F78E.gif
#15 2 years ago

I would pay nothing. But I sure would enjoy watching people bitch about the price, buy one anyway, then turn around and try to sell it for more.

#16 2 years ago

I thought this game was too expensive to make thusly they stopped manufacturing them. If u think they are gonna re-run these at a higher price cus a few [Removed] out there are willing to pay way 2 much for used ones, for what is an average game then ur wrong. Just because people are asking ridiculous prices doesn't mean they are getting it.

#17 2 years ago

No interest.

#18 2 years ago

Just played a few games on this yesterday.
It's fun, but I don't feel compelled to own one, so I would pass at current NIB prices

#19 2 years ago

My pins are strictly for home, so going above 10-12 really stings since I don’t earn this money back. Someone posted that WOZ yellow brink sold new for $12,500, so I wouldn’t see this coming in lower than that.

To any of the current POTC sellers currently sitting at 17-18, if you ever consider 12k send me a message.

#20 2 years ago

Game is not that fun. I don’t get all the hype around it. To each their own.

#21 2 years ago

A re run at original price would be very interesting. I’d be interested in a standard at $8500, but that would probably never happen

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I think I would buy one for $8k (which would probably NOT be the price), I would ponder it for $10k but probably pass and would have no interest at $12k+.(not standard, not CE), what is the most you would pay if you would buy one at all?

What's the point saying you would buy them less than current pricing? That's the reason they didn't sell well to begin with and why JJP didn't produce more. Thinking about buying one and then passing is exactly what most people did. Current LE price is $10500 and you would have to expect much more than that for a special small run. You would have to cover licensing costs and high build costs for smaller numbers. At $12000-$15000 there is no market.

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from ruralcollector:

Not sure if it’s driving the hobby, but it’s driving a few buyers of certain NIB games. It just takes a few maniacs with FOMO & cash to seem like it’s all of us.

#24 2 years ago

Not interested never was a fan of that game.

#25 2 years ago

I would say FOMO may play a small role, but that its actually the most highly collectable 'new era' game and it's no more complex than that. It has a lot going for it.

Production Run cut short
Innovative and packed playfield
Great gameplay and ruleset - top 5 on pinside ranking indicating more love the game than hate it
Eric M's first game - the same way people follow Elwin they now follow Eric
Perhaps the last new era widebody game amongst top manufacturers
A theme that is not polarizing

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

What's the point saying you would buy them less than current pricing? That's the reason they didn't sell well to begin with and why JJP didn't produce more. Thinking about buying one and then passing is exactly what most people did. Current LE price is $10500 and you would have to expect much more than that for a special small run. You would have to cover licensing costs and high build costs for smaller numbers. At $12000-$15000 there is no market.

I actually did try to buy an LE towards the end of the run but they were sold out. I passed on a standard edition as I don’t buy standard/pros.

But the point of this poll is exactly that - to see how much interest there is still at various (non-insane) price points. I included the $8k choice because that was the original LE price. You say there is no market at 12k, but the poll clearly indicates there is. I think the initial spinner-gate fiasco caused many to ignore the game altogether, but after spending some time on it, some people have changed their mind.

#27 2 years ago

Based on the rule set, the high number of mechs on the playfield, the high level of detail invested in the toys, the overall design
(i.e. using molded plastic instead of just a bunch of flat acrylic pieces), and the just general fun of the game - AND given that so many other games now are going for almost 10K, I'd definitely pay 10 or 11. But that's crazy! Isn't it?

We bitch about Stern cheapening out on parts - but it costs money to have solid parts! And those parts - which we basically never see and hardly every think about - are going up in cost. So more $$$. The playfield really has a ton of mechs, so IMO the high price is justified, especially when compared with recent Sterns. But do I think others will pony up for it? hell no.

full disclosure: already have one, so I really have no dog in the race.

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

You nailed it!

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I actually did try to buy an LE towards the end of the run but they were sold out. I passed on a standard edition as I don’t buy standard/pros.
But the point of this poll is exactly that - to see how much interest there is still at various (non-insane) price points. I included the $8k choice because that was the original LE price. You say there is no market at 12k, but the poll clearly indicates there is. I think the initial spinner-gate fiasco caused many to ignore the game altogether, but after spending some time on it, some people have changed their mind.

Maybe looking at different poll but majority by far is not interested. I wager a large portion of the interested individuals wouldn't actually buy one in the end. The major reason the game is so desirable to some is because of the very limited quantities. Once you take away the rarity of the game, a $12500-$15000 price tag will be hard to take for a game most people passed on to begin with.

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Maybe looking at different poll but majority by far is not interested. I wager a large portion of the interested individuals wouldn't actually buy one in the end. The major reason the game is so desirable to some is because of the very limited quantities. Once you take away the rarity of the game, a $12500-$15000 price tag will be hard to take for a game most people passed on to begin with.

Exactly they are kicking themselves that they didn’t have the foresight to buy an LE For $9500 and turnaround and sell it 2 years later for $15,000. Most would probably pass AGAIN

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I included the $8k choice because that was the original LE price.

I'm pretty sure the LE was originally $9,500? The SE was closer at $8,500.

#32 2 years ago

Wouldn't. Had fun with mine for a while but moved on.

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Not sure if it’s driving the hobby, but it’s driving a few buyers of certain NIB games. It just takes a few maniacs with FOMO & cash to seem like it’s all of us.

I’m guilty of it as well. Just bought a stock TZ for more than I should’ve because I was afraid I wouldn’t see one again for a while. One cheaper popped up in our area shortly after with tons of mods. I didn’t mean it as a negative thing, it just seems that it is the state of the hobby at the moment

#34 2 years ago

Sorry, double post

#35 2 years ago

You know what, it is. Hey, I love pinball (obviously), but they are too damn expensive for what they are. I have entirely more enjoyment with video games for a fraction of the cost. Now, you have to have a god damn bidding war with someone just to get one... man, no thank you.

#36 2 years ago

What is FOMO?

#37 2 years ago

"Fear Of Missing Out."

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

"Fear Of Missing Out."

Well that definitely isn't "Whats driving this hobby right now"

A very few confused collectors might have that mentality, but most of us get that NIB game we want with little to zero trouble what so ever.

#39 2 years ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

Well that definitely isn't "Whats driving this hobby right now"
A very few confused collectors might have that mentality, but most of us get that NIB game we want with little to zero trouble what so ever.

Not talking nib. Talking about games you can't get unless you shell out a lot of money that aren't even all that old.

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Not talking nib. Talking about games you can't get unless you shell out a lot of money that aren't even all that old.

Well then its even more ridiculous.

#41 2 years ago

The reason Stern stopped making POTC is because it was almost impossible to manufacture. It was such a pain in the ass to get to work correctly they threw there hands up and said, never again. Don't expect to ever see a rerun.

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from maglar:

The reason Stern stopped making POTC is because it was almost impossible to manufacture. It was such a pain in the ass to get to work correctly they threw there hands up and said, never again. Don't expect to ever see a rerun.

Huh?

#43 2 years ago
Quoted from maglar:

Never again for the money they made on it. Maybe some extra Z E R O S will change their mind

#44 2 years ago

If you can't build a decent machine and sell it for $8K, how come thats exactly what CGC did and what I spent on A MBrLE? I get it that recreations have no game development cost, but the underlying platform does, and most know that the labor is the most expensive thing in a pinball machine nowadays anyways.

#45 2 years ago

No kidding, I'd rather pay $ 15,000 a potc and indulge myself than put $ 7,000 or $ 8,000 in an average Stern game. If tomorrow the reissue is announced, I place a direct pre-order. This game is pure wonder.

#46 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I would say FOMO may play a small role, but that its actually the most highly collectable 'new era' game and it's no more complex than that. It has a lot going for it.
Production Run cut short
Innovative and packed playfield
Great gameplay and ruleset - top 5 on pinside ranking indicating more love the game than hate it
Eric M's first game - the same way people follow Elwin they now follow Eric
Perhaps the last new era widebody game amongst top manufacturers
A theme that is not polarizing

Don't forget that tight fast upper playfield loop...and the allure of the 6 stack multiball!

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I'm pretty sure the LE was originally $9,500? The SE was closer at $8,500.

Yes - you are correct - the final MSRP prices were 8.5k standard, 9.5k LE, 12.5k CE. For some reason I thought they started $1k lower and had a price bump towards the end like WoZ and Hobbit. Also the street prices at that time weren’t as close to MSRP as they are now. Not so long ago it was common to get $1k+ off the MSRP on the LEs. Now we are lucky to get shipping thrown in.

Regardless, the poll is just to gauge what people perceive the “worth” to be if they were readily available to buy NIB.

The consensus seems to be they would be at WoZ YBR pricing (12.5k) if re-made which would be a small run as most don’t seem to value them that highly.

#48 2 years ago

The only issue JJP would have with POTC LE is making them fast enough. No matter what anyones opinion is even at 12.5 this game would be a sell out! Its just that dam good.

#49 2 years ago

I’m guilty of it as well. Just bought a stock TZ for more than I should’ve because I was afraid I wouldn’t see one again for a while. One cheaper popped up in our area shortly after with tons of mods. I didn’t mean it as a negative thing, it just seems that it is the state of the hobby at the moment

That's ALWAYS how it is - at least for the past 10 years or so.

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The only issue JJP would have with POTC LE is making them fast enough. No matter what anyones opinion is even at 12.5 this game would be a sell out! Its just that dam good.

Seriously! Goes to show you how out of touch some people are. Why is 8K an option? Can we do a poll to re-run Tron at 4K?

These re-run POTC threads are becoming the new next pinball bubble topic.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.
Decals
$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.
Decals
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-potc-re-run-what-would-you-pay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.