66%
  • AP Oktoberfest 25 votes
    34%

(73 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).jpg

#1 5 years ago

Out of all the recent games that are now or soon-to-be available, JJJP Pirates and American Pinball's Oktoberfest are the two I find the most interesting for a potential purchase. I played POTC this summer and was really impressed, and the code has seemed to really develop into a league of its own since. I haven't played Oktoberfest, but it looks like it shoots well and is "full-featured" with a theme that I think is fun.

I won't make any decisions until I've put enough time on both, but which do you guys think is better and why?

#2 5 years ago

Oktoberfest based on much lower cost plus uniqueness of theme.

#4 5 years ago

POTC hands down. Yes it costs more but you get what you pay for. Not even a comparison. Played both.

#5 5 years ago

POTC. Of course I work for them.

Play them both. Buy the one you like. It's an investment to make you happy.

I want you to be happy. That way if you decide POTC and ever need help. I would rather help someone who loves his game and wants to get it going again fast. I'd hate to deal with someone who doesn't like his game and sorry he bought it, and now it don't work.

Best wishes on which one you decide on.
LTG : )

#6 5 years ago

Good thoughts and pretty evenly divided so far.

#7 5 years ago

JJPotc easily gets my vote... it’s more $$$ but the game is just amazing.

#8 5 years ago

I vote JJPOTC.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

Out of all the recent games that are now or soon-to-be available, JJJP Pirates and American Pinball's Oktoberfest are the two I find the most interesting for a potential purchase. I played POTC this summer and was really impressed, and the code has seemed to really develop into a league of its own since. I haven't played Oktoberfest, but it looks like it shoots well and is "full-featured" with a theme that I think is fun.
I won't make any decisions until I've put enough time on both, but which do you guys think is better and why?

Buy both and play them for a few months. After you know them pretty well, if you don't like either of them for long term keepers, sell or trade when the next hotness comes out!

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd hate to deal with someone who doesn't like his game and sorry he bought it, and now it don't work.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#11 5 years ago

Has to be POTC hands down and, even though not mentioned, MBR. JJP makes amazing games and the quality of CGC games is outstanding. Frankly, although I like OK's theme, play field layout, and play field artwork, the call outs, music and animation need a whole lot of work before I would buy one. I know the one at EXPO was a 'W.I.P.'; I hope the production model will be much improved.

#12 5 years ago

I don't think its fair to compare the two machines. You'd have a hard time getting october fest anywhere near the quality, depth, sound package, and code of JJPOTC

#13 5 years ago

I am biased in the fact I have POTC. But man its a blast and super fun to play. I probably wont get to play Oktoberfest for awhile. It does look like a fun game though.

#14 5 years ago

Pirates, everything in it (especially its code, sounds, animations, etc) is just on a different level.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-potc-or-ap-oktoberfest?hl=onthesnap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.