4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by shadski
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Several times during a game on a JJP POTC LE during multi ball 2 or more balls will not eject out of the left Scoop raceway. The plunger will continue to fire in attempt to eject the balls, I observed that the plunger will only move about 1/4 to 1/2" when this occurs. I have replaced the coil, coil sleeve and checked to see if the raceway is obstructed with a foreign object (I.E. clear buttons that keep falling off). The poly post positioned at the end of the subway where it enters the raceway for the scoop was installed by the factory. Tech support sent me 2 poly posts, one for the left scoop and one for a second subway entrance that I can't figure out where it goes. Tech support has been unable to figure out the problem so far.

Has anybody...... Had this problem and resolved it on their machine?

Also, LCD monitor and apron monitor went blank during a game. (No Signal appeared briefly) Had to turn off power and restart. Fixed it though. Is this a hardware problem or can I expect it to happen occasionally?

Hope some one can shed some light on these problems.

P.S. I am a new member and this is my first post.

#2 4 years ago

If you can't find the solution in this thread (below) I am betting you will have more help lines there! Hope you figure it out. I can assume you already dialed up the power to that VUK as your starting point before mechanical fixes?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues

#3 4 years ago

Thanks,
    I will spend an evening reading the thread. A lot of good material in there. I have turned the rubber bumper plug around in hope to put a 1/16" more metal of the plunger in the coil to help it pull in and give it little more power. Ill update the thread if it works out but I'm not optimistic.

1 year later
    #4 3 years ago

#metoo

If you dial up the power on the Left VUK coil, then the ball often comes out too fast and catches the corner of the metal guide rail and drains in the (inline) outlane.

Did you find a resolution here by chance?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-potc-left-scoop-poly-post-kit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.