Topic Stats

• 1,099 posts
  • 159 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 days ago by apinballwiz
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 325 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190917_162207 (resized).jpg
20190917_162203 (resized).jpg
20190917_161517 (resized).jpg
20190917_161511 (resized).jpg
20190917_161501 (resized).jpg
20190917_161445 (resized).jpg
20190917_161439 (resized).jpg
20190916_205801_resized (1) (resized).jpg
20190916_205757_resized (resized).jpg
20190916_205752_resized (resized).jpg
20190916_205748_resized (resized).jpg
20190916_205728_resized (resized).jpg
20190916_205742_resized (resized).jpg
Green-Preview (resized).jpg
20190627_223626_resized (resized).jpg
20190627_223623_resized (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider screaminr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#115 1 year ago

The wait is killing me I'm down for no. 25.been watching the streams I hope the spinning disc's are quiter when they come out

#117 1 year ago

I've played it a bit and it's noisy with the glass on and the glass is on in the videos.

1 week later
#130 1 year ago

Would be good if you could play as the dog with the keys or as the monkey

#131 1 year ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

I
ITS A FREAKIN 12,500.00 MACHINE!!!!!!!

It's 19500 in oz

#132 1 year ago

I'm not complaining but the ce should come with all the bells and whistles a matching coin door would be nice though

#140 1 year ago

I hadn't thought about it much but my RR woz would have looked so much better with a matching coin door and what's the big deal the coin door has to be painted anyway so just send them some matching paint to paint it

#143 1 year ago

Would love to see a more involved video mode than dice, maybe looking out a cannon port hole shooting a ship or ships

#145 1 year ago

I haven't seen it, the Sdtm review mentioned it but how exciting can dice be?

#149 1 year ago

If it came with a custom shooter rod that would be good

#154 1 year ago

Quoted from RichieWrench:That would be nice -- But not going to happen....

Just like coin doors you have to start somewhere

#157 1 year ago

What does everyone think of the Aztec gold coin

1 week later
#201 1 year ago

As this will be one of the best pins of all time the ce is definitely worth it for the topper,cabnit art ,playfield and yes even the barnacles, which mean people can't just make one by adding rails or toys. The fact only 200 are being made (25 in oz) make it even more special ! I don't want to sound greedy but I would love to see a custom shooter rod and sword flippers (and of course a powder coated coin door ) they're so close to having everything covered. I want a pinball that doesn't need or want modding .counting down the days -don't know how many , can't wait .

1 week later
#218 1 year ago

Great news on hearing all of the side rails will be covered in barnacles. Would love to see gold coins -treasure, octopus or even sea slugs thrown in the mix.
PS sharp looking van

2 weeks later
#233 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

getting rid of the spinning map and replacing it with a pizza without lights? !

That's exactly what it looks like.they can't get the lid on a box to go up and down? Next the topper won't move and the rocking ship will be static will watch the next stream to see what it's like but for almost 20k aud for the ce I could get 2 pins .very disappointed!

1 month later
#335 1 year ago

Does anyone think the apron colors don't work with the green of the ce. Have no problem with the ships just the brightness and colors.
Plus shouldn't the ce apron be different to the standard and limited anyway.

IMG_20180527_212057 (resized).jpg

#342 1 year ago

Can anyone tell me what this is , it looks like a ship but not really sure .Have no problems with ships just the image should be stronger. Personally I would like to see a couple of bad guys.

IMG_20180603_001046 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#350 1 year ago
Quoted from Raknitz:

news ? anything to show us ? something ?

I was told that some ce's could ship in the first batch to oz possibly October like they did with Di it would be great if jjp could confirm this. If it's going to be a few months longer I could pick up my Hobbit earlier.

1 week later
#356 1 year ago
Quoted from whitey:

For $12,500 dropping 2 mechs
Now Im hearing alot of other issues
Hmmmmm

Some people just want to stir ,if there is ALOT of issues we would have heard about at least one.

#364 1 year ago

I think the virtual disks look great and work better for spectators it still has more features than you can poke a stick at

2 weeks later
#371 1 year ago

Jjp can you give us any update photos topper side rails cabinet ect.

#374 1 year ago
Quoted from whitey:

Not stirring up shit pal, shelling out $12,500 cash plus shipping ? Dont show me one thing and delete stuff Thats the most Ive spent on a game .PPS is doing the right thing, here it is buy it or not. JJP POTC CE is my last game to put down a deposit, that and TBL . When its ready to ship within a few weeks
Then I can hit pay now or pass. I loose interest waiting 2 yrs .

What does you crying about the price of the pin "plus shipping" have to do with people making up there are issues with it. Pal.

#375 1 year ago

Sorry just realised that you're the one making up shit about issues with pirates .

#377 1 year ago
Quoted from whitey:

Now Im hearing alot of other issues
Hmmmmm

Quoted from whitey:

I said hmmm more issues ?

First you said it as a statement now you're saying it as a question if you do know of any issues let me know because I'm spending a lot of money on one of these things. I am hopefully going to the states next year so maybe I should look you up and we could go play some pinball.

2 weeks later
#390 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

They covered every one of these changes in their weekly blog videos. And yes all changes are the same for all models as #Kingpingames pointed out.

So they showed pictures of the side rails and legs totally covered in barnacles like they said they were going to do, and the backing behind the ship in a bottle topper. ( which I think should be stormy Seas at night with lightning clouds)

#392 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Don’t know I was simply answering his question about apron art and Playfield changes to the CE. I do like your ideas on the rails though and hope they come up with something interesting.

It wasn't my idea on the side rails pretty sure that's what Zach said back alley creations were going to do, my idea was to put an octopus and treasure amongst the barnacles.

1 month later
#404 1 year ago
Quoted from dashv:

Thanks, I was going to get this table and The Hobbit but it looks like I’ll be skipping this one and just getting a Hobbit table.
To me the new single spinner lacks the charm or awe of the triple. That was the main draw for me that really made this table unique.
Maybe someday down the road there will be a remake that sorts the issues and brings it back.

I just got the hobbit and I'm loving it. If you liked pirates I don't think the changes to the disc are enough to pull out considering everything else it has.

#413 1 year ago

Can anyone confirm if the CE is sold out? With a population of 25 million people 25 are coming to Australia with one available last I heard but that was over a month ago , Europe with over 700 million people you would think would get at least fifty leaving the US with 125 which I think a really low numbers for a pin like this .Some people have said they would buy one on the second hand market but I think if you can afford one you're not going to sell it in a hurry unless you are in financial trouble and I don't think they would sell it for less than what they paid for it , in my opinion.

#416 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Played a production Le on Sat.
Wow, just wow.
Time to start saving and sell a couple pins.

There are 2 pins worth of features in Pirates.

1 month later
#432 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

What was served for dinner? Steak, Deep Dish Pizza, Cheesesteaks, Tofu ????

What is it with you guys and cheese steaks, is it just cheese on a steak ?

#434 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

No, thin beef grilled on a flat top, then chopped up with big spatula, then cheese melted on top, then folded, then put on a toasty roll. So yummy.

Sounds good might have to try it. If you really want a heart attack I used to like making cheesy bacon cook your bacon in a fry pan and when it's almost done put in some tasty cheese and keep stiring till it's covered golden brown and crispy.

IMG_20181022_150228 (resized).jpg
#436 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Me too. All of those CE additional features really make it a no brainer.

I can't wait to see what they've done with the barnacles and starfish I've heard there's going to be a lot more of them than the prototype hopefully a bit crustier , not so fresh looking.

1 month later
#458 1 year ago

Eric was there this week watching the CE's come off the line I asked for some pics so we'll see how we go and by the way I'm Number 25

#462 1 year ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Just joined the ce party

Just curious when you put your order in , I put my order in two days after they were announced and was told 25 was the lowest number available

#479 1 year ago

Finally a picture. I have to say I much prefer the original barnacles they look alot more realistic in color. I was hoping the armour was going to be like the hobbit le only green that would have been great but Davey Jones on the playfield helps make up for this he looks really good so much better than captain Jack.

IMG_20181209_195955 (resized).jpgIMG_20181209_195653 (resized).jpgIMG_20181209_200121 (resized).jpg
#481 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I wonder what happened. The original version looks pretty darn good in comparison.

Eric said they changed it a couple of times I was hoping for an octopus or something , side by side it's obvious which one looks better .

#484 1 year ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

You can not go by the pictures have to be seen in person to tell the real color.

The shading and detail looks better on the original let alone the colours

#492 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

A single cell phone picture of the lock down bar/sticker and the game is being thrashed.

I don't think 100 photos would make it look better than the original and I don't think anyone is " thrashing " the game .

Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Not sure I'd want to have to look at Davey Jones's squid-face all the time

That's cool everybody has their own opinion I usually find the baddies are the coolest if it was Star Wars and I had a choice between Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader I would be going Darth .

#497 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

we really do get judgemental based on very little content.

I thought giving your opinions and impressions were the whole point of these threads.

#511 1 year ago

There is no more need to get excited or upset. It all works out in the end.....

I'm sure they will be great I have to learn not to go off just one picture just like the front apron it looks so much better in real life than the initial pictures and like jjp said from the very beginning the original barnacles were never going to be the finished artwork . But it has been good seeing this thread come back to life

#514 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Granted my statement was taken as critical but that was my only point. JJP promised a masterpiece on especially on the CE and my guess is this will be amazing. Granted they opted not to do the coin door because of RichieWrench but thats ok. From what I heard he has a special surprise coming.....lol

No worries you were right ! I got caught up in first impressions of that picture . Keep the Faith , Eric , back alley creations and jjp know what they're doing . Got home from work and saw the pictures of what appears to be side rails on a proper size screen and WOW ! How good do they look , if they come out anything like that I'll be more than happy . Excitement levels have gone up 100% .

#527 1 year ago

And the winner of the best topper in pinball goes to...

Screenshot_2018-12-13-19-04-05-65 (resized).png
#582 12 months ago

I Guess Yelobird -- went to sleep.
Okay -- Its past 4 AM Plus and STILL NO CALL YET!!!!!! -- I stating to think that R&L is not open yet. Let me ask Joe....One Sec.....

I'm glad you're not fixing my pipes today . I think you might be a little bit distracted

#633 11 months ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

It is right around 87" , 7'3".

Phew ! I measured my ceiling and scrape in by 1 1/2 in ". It's 3 in" taller than my Fish tails .

Quoted from LTG:

Apparently they are loud.
LTG : )

Can't be louder than FT topper !

#713 11 months ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

During bonus it's all I hear....

Is the topper constantly going or does it only come on at certain points in the game .

#717 11 months ago

I think it's too late to redesign the topper mechanism but maybe like the spinning disc someone will come up with a way to quieten it down .

#718 11 months ago
Quoted from KirboTurbo:

It runs constantly while playing

That could get annoying would people prefer it to only come on at certain points in the game

#777 11 months ago

Were there no pilot holes on any of them or were some just missed , either way there should have been 4 " T " nuts ready to go

#779 11 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Granted it would not take but a few minutes to add the holes if they were not there. Small world problem.

Maybe , but I make medical equipment for a living and and everything has to be spot on . If I forgot to put in holes in a job and my boss came to me about it and I told him to tell the customer to mark and drill the holes themselves I could just imagine what he would say ( and it wouldn't be good ) Don't get me wrong I love the game the design and the code is excellent that's why I'm going to spend 20 k on it . I can understand tight wires and switches not working but to forget putting holes where needed and to have the le toppers off centre seems lacking in QC . If you don't mention these issues nothing will change .
PS have you got a price on your coin door mod it looks really good.

#782 11 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Wasn't doubting you and yes I suspect JJP wants this game to be as perfect as we do. Hard time comparing Medical equipment to a wooden box toy but I have different expectations of what is acceptable. We are very close on the coin door mod. Must say it Really turned out amazing we may consider offering something like this for other Special limited models per requests. We will have final pics and availability up soon. Thanks and Keep making those medical devices PERFECT!!!! lol

Not much in this world is perfect , wheather it be medical furniture or a wooden box toy it's all about following steps and procedure and checking all the details to get it as close as possible to being perfect.
Looking forward to seeing more pics of your coin door mod. May all your holes be in the right places lol.

#793 11 months ago
Quoted from hank527:

10k maybe. The likelihood of any newer game selling above cost is super low. No recent game 2016 plus is selling higher than list.

There are real diffences between this ce and other CE's and le's. Also factor in out of the 200 made the ones that have gone to Europe and Australia so supply will be very limited . I think they should hold their value very well. I for one won't sell mine for less than I paid for it , if at all.

#794 11 months ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Not true ....
Alien sells above list.
Batman 66 sle sells above list.

Supreme , Beatles platinum , The Big Lebowski

#831 11 months ago

Happy New Years matees from one drunken Pirate to all the other pirates

1 week later
#892 11 months ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Second time barnacle has fallen off the machine on its own. The double sided tape is terrible. And now that it fell off it cracked also.

Quoted from Genjuro:

Mine fell off as well.. glad it didnt break.

That's really sad to see , I suppose you could glue it . Now I'll be paranoid of them falling off as mine's going on a hardwood floor , might have to put a few drops of superglue here and there just in case .

#896 11 months ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

Has anyone contacted JJP about this issue and a possible resolution?

From looking at the picture it could have used a lot more tape , if the underside isn't really flat you won't get much surface area sticking . I wouldn't want to attempt pulling them off to put more tape on and risk breaking them in the process . I don't like the thought of using super glue it can go cloudy and run , I wouldn't want to get any on the radcals , ideally you would put a couple drops from underneath but that would mean you need to flip the pin upside down ....good luck with that . If they did come off I would probably try to reattach them with a clear silicone it gives you a little bit of time for positioning and if there's any excess should be easy to get off .

2 weeks later
#955 10 months ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

As they are working themselves loose anyway , I decided to blend the side ornaments a little more with the cab in general.
Little darker green/brown like the powdercoat . Left side is still original
Rest to follow [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow great job . I don't want to bag The Originals but what you've done they look a lot more suited to machine , excellent !

#961 10 months ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Wow... Was that really necessary? What kind of deep seeded issues do you suffer from that would compel you to be such an asshole?
Jeff

There's a few miserable people on pinside thankfully the majority are nice and very helpful

1 week later
#983 10 months ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Got my CE all set up for the stream tomorrow. Added something nice that my brother picked out for me from my friends at The Mod Couple, and killer key chain from a good friend of mine. See you guys tomorrow at 5![quoted image]

Number one very nice . The OZ CE's are sitting in the US waiting to fill a shipping container

2 months later
#1024 7 months ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Batch #2 is up,
10 LE ,
2 model type handle, 2colours
259’- euro’s shipped
8 CE
models, some have brass fitting, some gun metal .
329,- shipped
(Only 2 unspoken for as i post this )
I will continue making them , and maximum of 50 pieces untill my current
stock (33) of pistols run out .[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Would be fun trying to explain them to customs

#1030 7 months ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Out of the 20 shipped, none have been clamped down yet!
But I fill in the contents on my UPS account before shipping. Makes all the difference

I'm sure they will be fine , as everyone else has said excellent job

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 233.10
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Mateo, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Milwaukee, WI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider screaminr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside