New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 200133)

JJP POTC-CE Collector's Edition

By RichieWrench

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,183 posts
  • 166 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by RichieWrench
  • Topic is favorited by 41 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 351 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Richie_Wrench_02-01 (resized).jpg
EA0B589E-3612-489F-9615-D3D5C4E27716 (resized).jpeg
58A0F1E1-8929-4469-9974-12D28E6451EB (resized).jpeg
4D73B057-E480-455B-BE44-865DA5974C29 (resized).jpeg
484B99D9-E9D4-41EF-82AE-528033F6BCD3 (resized).jpeg
88DDDA75-31C4-42B5-8D46-46CEF26B2B3D (resized).jpeg
B9FE6C20-82B0-438C-B6D7-C053D22A5D96 (resized).jpeg
51E7244B-00F6-4EB0-B591-B36EF4FB67BE (resized).jpeg
59F33700-17DC-487F-9702-4BDC8220499B (resized).jpeg
10A11C47-3FF6-4192-9791-240ACEEECB97 (resized).jpeg
BC53B7C8-7FF3-4CDB-903C-0217C2ED704C (resized).jpeg
22780689-6432-4F17-97B9-D48CC565DFA6 (resized).jpeg
B5A66C1E-59FF-4158-85B5-C2857B28478B (resized).jpeg
1EF91C26-FE26-40A3-9C57-BE2EE0E86DFB (resized).jpeg
4A86BFAD-0539-491E-8FC4-18BDD9250CF8 (resized).jpeg
C10F521D-5679-4FBD-B89C-E29547B1E11A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider f3honda4me.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#544 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Its official I sold my POTC LE!!! I'm Out!! And called Christoper at King Pin Game and bought a CE!! Dam you Eric this game is to Awesome I had to have it!!!!! Plus I wanted to be in the cool club with RichieWrench. Technically ordered a few CE's from Kingpin but I bet he can get a few more. Awesome buying experience and a Great guy! I am officially BACK in the club.

Hey I’m happy to benefit in a round about way from your sale and get a POTC LE for myself! While I’m not getting yours, you indirectly helped me get mine and I’m truly grateful!

#546 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yep I knew you were the buyer and you will not be disappointed. I helped set that game up and it’s Perfect without an issue! This game is tough to explain it’s simply brilliant.

I got to play it, and it was perfect. Cannot wait! The kids are gonna go nuts.

#588 1 year ago

So much comedy :p

#691 1 year ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

So got my ce up thanks to eric. Two problems:
1. how does the button in the middle reach the switch.. because of the barnacles mine is not hitting the switch. If i unscrew the screw at the bottom it just barely reaches but the screw is also about to fall out. Seems the thing was designed to be flush against the metal but the barnacles raised it a bit and wont reach now.
2. After i close coin door or power on machine something on playfield is making a ticking noise like its stuck and trying to move... no error report.. what can i check?

1. Check that the button itself is screwed all the way in to the black plastic piece on the underside meant to hold it in. Also you could try bending/adjusting the physical switch that the metal screw touches.

2. have someone do the steps to get it to repeat and see if you can pinpoint it while they keep doing it? only idea i have there.

#700 1 year ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

So the sound is because it thinks the canon is loaded. the switch opto is trigger and no ball in there. any ideas?

Can of air, blow it out, check that the optical sensor wasn't knocked free in shipping. My right side maelstrom ramp optical switch pops out all the time for some reason.

#719 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I think it's too late to redesign the topper mechanism but maybe like the spinning disc someone will come up with a way to quieten it down .

yelobird has a CE coming, so you're in luck, they might come up with something if they find it too loud. They created the spinning disc silencer kit which everyone has raved about so far! (mine is coming today I think)

#759 1 year ago
Quoted from Furio:

Ok, does anyone have any idea what could be causing this issue. The Coin door is reading as open and it’s clearly not. (See pic 1) I am looking for something causing this issue around the coin door and see nothing out of place. Checked the wiring here and see no issues. I have seen a double set of connectors on the main board that are not connected. (See pic 2) Not sure what they go to or if they should be attached. I do have a burnt wire from a short related to shippping impact but that wire doesn’t go to the coin door, it’s orange with black stripe. (See pic 3) If anyone is decently good at trouble shooting and you have a few minutes, pm me for my phone number. Trying to at least get the game playable for Christmas.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If you trace the cable from the "bottom" white switch where the coin door presses you should see a wire that runs back to a board. Here is the diagram from the owner's manual. The wire goes into the J604 plug on this board. Pin 6 specifically. Hope this helps, maybe a wire is loose inside the connector and isn't all the way in?
Capture (resized).JPG

PS the manual is available on the jersey jack website under downloads. This page is D-80.

#764 1 year ago

For the disc. Under Playfield there is a large white piece that looks like a gear. It’s actually a lock nut. Remove it counterclockwise.

Then you can turn the big metal shaft/screw left or right to adjust level. Then put lock but back on. Should take 2 minutes.

#786 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Kits are Now online and available from our Website store!! Thanks again and happy new year!
www.TheModCouplePinball.com
The Mod Couple

I did not see the one with just the rubber gear and additional pads, since I already bought the original kit. Is it not available yet?

#800 1 year ago

My wife, who is quite picky, said the disc was super annoying and distracting. After the mod, she doesn’t even notice the disc now. It truly is a must have. JJP should buy them from Yelobird and install at factory hah!

#818 1 year ago

Once I found the release mechanism, removing and reinstalling the monitor was easy. *shrug*

#875 1 year ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

I received mine and it is #53. Game played 99% out of the box with some small adjustments. Last night the Bumper VUK wasn't retracting and starting to have some issues with the fork under the chest. I will look at all of this tonight. Prob need to tighten a few screws. Will report back....game is fantastic

Yea the chest forks being loose was a problem on mine too. Quick and easy fix though.

#877 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Me too. Did you use any loctite or similar on them, or just tighten them?

I just tightened them really good. So far they haven't loosened up again.

2 weeks later
#933 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Got my CE today #66... LOVE the game... HATE the topper... It's wayyyyyyy too freaking loud... Short of disconnecting the motor like I saw someone above talking about, any other suggestions to quite it down? It's louder than the freaking game... LOL
Thanks,
Jeff

Turn speed down to 4 in settings

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 53.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Keller, TX
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 28.00
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider f3honda4me.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside