51E7244B-00F6-4EB0-B591-B36EF4FB67BE (resized).jpeg
59F33700-17DC-487F-9702-4BDC8220499B (resized).jpeg
10A11C47-3FF6-4192-9791-240ACEEECB97 (resized).jpeg
BC53B7C8-7FF3-4CDB-903C-0217C2ED704C (resized).jpeg
22780689-6432-4F17-97B9-D48CC565DFA6 (resized).jpeg
B5A66C1E-59FF-4158-85B5-C2857B28478B (resized).jpeg
1EF91C26-FE26-40A3-9C57-BE2EE0E86DFB (resized).jpeg
4A86BFAD-0539-491E-8FC4-18BDD9250CF8 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ilushka85.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#455 5 years ago

Just joined the ce party

#459 5 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Great...what number is yours?

21 to match my di ce

#465 5 years ago

Why does it look like a 7 year old cut out the graphics here?

47319299_2296162860402297_6334554291713343488_o (resized).jpg47319299_2296162860402297_6334554291713343488_o (resized).jpg
#467 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I hate the cheesy Apron Decal....and it's the wrong color! Thought CE was a different apron in original pics, had Green Art.

Same apron in all 3 pics on their site and I think it goes well with the graphics on all 0 editions.

#472 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

OK?? Not sure what your referring to but that is a 3D sculpted coral scape not a decal. Similar to what they have shown on the CE for a year now granted a slightly different color scheme. I think Back Alley custom created every accent piece and from what I have seen he does amazing work. Might want to judge the final product.

I’m not talking about that piece. I’m talking about the apron decal look at left corner by screen compared to right corner.

#474 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

My apologies I thought you were referring to the lock bar jewelry. OK, I guess I see what your looking at but that is a fairly small detail to imply a 7 year old did it?? You have higher expectations then I. lol Not a bad thing.

I would just expect it to have been cut by a machine and symmetrically cut. It looks hand cut. Granted I’m not 7 years old and probably would have done a worse job myself.

#504 5 years ago

Guys so the pic you are complaining about is wrong / bad. Here is a secret leaked pic of them before they are even fully ready.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#522 5 years ago

HEY....I think I saw my #12 in there..
Osssss....Fraaaaa....Baaaaaa.....

You looked at it backwards it was my 21 you saw

#525 5 years ago

I am kind of jealous... I never got the dinner for my dice...

#531 5 years ago

Hey...Found out that my #12 is shipping today. Wonder how long it will take to get.to illinois?

Joe got mistaken it is my 21 that is shipping today to illinois.

#550 5 years ago

CONFIRMED!!!!!
ITS COMING ON MONDAY.....YAHOO!!!!!!
Again, I like to thank Joe for the excellent service and my 3 AM text messages....Going to enjoy it for a out a week and then going to ship that freakin coin door to Matt at Back Alley to get that done and get all the other mods on order and make this machine that much more special.

Not fair... where is my 21?

#617 5 years ago

And #21 is being delivered tomorrow morning....

#627 5 years ago

Okay -- So here are my pics for tonight ....
Enjoy
Now that I figure out the pop bumper top was actually under the ship - LOL and fixed it and the balls are not getting stuck anymore -- LOL.
Game is freakin awesome and is even better playing it night.
I am going to try to play in just my underwear later and send Joe the Pics at 3AM
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I am really bothered by two things in the pic... why is the coin door on pirates and Woz black? I really do not think they should be. Did you do this on purpose?

#651 5 years ago

So while I’m glad I got my pirates ce today It’s kind of useless. Jjp did not include leg levers or the screws to attach the topper. Seeing everyone else’s missing items and issues it’s concerning to me how rushed and lack of qc that has been employed to get these out.

#656 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I am sorry this happened. Perhaps borrow some off one of your other pins. I know it isn't right, but then you can play your pirates.
LTG : )

Too hard to pick them up like this all for a temporary solution. And my topper screws were also missing.

#661 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Doubt it would help you much but I could give you a set to get your Pirate sailing. Not to far from me. PM if I could help.

Just pm’d you thank you !

#662 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Anywhere you can find the local ? I doubt they could ship them so you'd have them before the holiday.

I know. I am sorry. You can play the game without the topper until they send them to you.
LTG : )

Joe from pinballstar emailed jjp and I followed up early this afternoon. They read the emails and no response. You would think they could just overnight them tomorrow and I could have them Friday. But might just need to get them locally. For now I put the game down on the legs and put thick padding and cardboard below them. Not ideal but at least could fire the game up and see the beauty.

#668 5 years ago

What are people doing for side blades ?

#684 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

For WOZ and TH, the LE's (and Smaug Edition) had a set maximum that would be produced. Once they reached that production quantity, all that was left to produce was the standard editions. They created the RR and Black Arrow as unlimited production units to keep making an LE "type" or "style" of machine. With DILE and JJPOTCLE, they did not make a maximum declaration, but did provide the CE's instead with the maximum units declaration. Since the LE models are ironically unlimited (no maximum production units), they will likely not make additional variations/versions. CE buyers should not fear some better version coming along ... in my opinion.

While I like this thought process.... I will still live in constant fear. FOREVER.

#686 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

JJP PotCCE 10k by Christmas.

Damn it... should have waited as its only a few days away.

#689 5 years ago

So got my ce up thanks to eric. Two problems:

1. how does the button in the middle reach the switch.. because of the barnacles mine is not hitting the switch. If i unscrew the screw at the bottom it just barely reaches but the screw is also about to fall out. Seems the thing was designed to be flush against the metal but the barnacles raised it a bit and wont reach now.

2. After i close coin door or power on machine something on playfield is making a ticking noise like its stuck and trying to move... no error report.. what can i check?

#690 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Curiously question for CE receivers. Did Jack or Eric Autograph the back of the game? Minor thing but they are celebrities now after all. Lol

It is not signed by either.

#693 5 years ago
Quoted from KirboTurbo:

my button was not hitting the switch either. It wasn't even close. I bent the switch way up, and now it hits it and works fine.

if i bend the leaf part of the switch it makes contact but then it does not push the leaf far enough down to hit the red part of the actual switch. its screwed down all the way also... seems like they used the wrong length on the CE and the same part as the le but the barnacles added distance.

#694 5 years ago

So the sound is because it thinks the canon is loaded. the switch opto is trigger and no ball in there. any ideas?

1 week later
#792 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

10k maybe. The likelihood of any newer game selling above cost is super low. No recent game 2016 plus is selling higher than list.

Not true ....

Alien sells above list.
Batman 66 sle sells above list.

#795 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Supreme , Beatles platinum , The Big Lebowski

Tron
Magic Girl

#803 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Beatles diamond and platinum are selling at 25k and 15k.
Aliens is out of production and super rare. DUTCH went under. Magic Girl is another.
I'm sorry but there's no way this game holds value. None of them do.
I have a BM66 LE with a ton of mods. If someone wants to buy it for what I have in it, it's gone. Any takers?

If you had an sle.... you would have takers. The sle is about as rare as a pirates ce. What remains to be seen is how much demand there will ultimately be for pirates

#811 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Set up several beetles and no issues out of the box; wish I could say the same for JJP but that definitely is not the case; so not sure where this superior build quality is; you ever try to get the monitor back in on a JJP it’s a nightmare and it doesn’t seem like they are testing these games pirates at the factory

There’s no issues out of the box on Beatles because the game is baron.

#813 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I totally get your point on that note but for the price you pay for a JJP there shouldn’t be any issues at all out of the box

My only issues was missing topper screws and missing leg levelers.

I’ve taken the monitor out a dozen times on potc and di and it’s incredibly easy. Much easier then having to remove it on a stern and having no place to lay it down.

The more stuff you have on a game the more potential for failure. The issues they had early in production have been changed and addressed on later run games.

And if you think nothing is wrong on sterns take a look at deadpool reviews. Some people can never make one of the shots while for others it’s smooth as butter. Good luck trying to adjust that.

#815 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

That’s because the level has to be set up just right on a Deadpool and you probably have not seen a new stern yet because they redesigned the speaker panel that it just folds down and hovers over the glass so no worries there the monitors I pulled out were on a pirates and a dialed in and they were an absolute nightmare to put back into place

I’ve had every modern stern. Yes it folds down but that’s not removing the monitor. Try to remove it.

How is the monitor on jjp a nightmare. It’s a standard swivel arm mount like a tv put it back straight and lock it. Takes 2 seconds and no tools.

#820 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Not to mention the fact that they've had nearly 40 years to perfect that particular layout.

I’m sure the diamond editions are nearly perfect at 25k.... imagine if pirates cost 100k.... and they offered nothing extra Think of how much quality control they can do for the extra 87.5k .

#822 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

JJP uses better quality materials, but I don’t think the build quality is any better than Stern.

At the end of the day they all have decent coils and leds and io boards. It’s the same. They are all made of wood and items are screwed into the wood with similar screws. So the quality is roughly the same.

The difference is in the amount of parts and mechanisms and there is much more of that in a jjp game then a stern. Which means that thru assembly , shipping , usage of these mechanical items there is more that could and will go wrong.

You know why Toyota Corollas break less then bmw 7 series ? Because they are empty cars. Their massaging seats can’t break because they just don’t exist in the Toyota. Etc.

#833 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Why would you have had to take your monitor out a dozen times?

Had to connect topper and pulled monitor out to snake grabbing the wires easier
Came back later and was not happy with monitor being slightly askew so wanted to straighten the mount
Later installed additional back box lights
Later installed trough lights
Later installed brite buttons
Later came back to add a dimmer option to back box lights.

Oh and I also have a di ce .... so multiply those things above by 2 since di is made same way

1 week later
#887 5 years ago

Second time barnacle has fallen off the machine on its own. The double sided tape is terrible. And now that it fell off it cracked also. What do I do ? Sent it to support but they still haven’t replied to my other issue from a month ago.

191EF4F3-A7CB-4AE4-8904-FED273CD297F (resized).jpeg191EF4F3-A7CB-4AE4-8904-FED273CD297F (resized).jpeg75F0F03C-9868-4289-892D-FA58E4D0A12A (resized).jpeg75F0F03C-9868-4289-892D-FA58E4D0A12A (resized).jpeg
#894 5 years ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

Agreed! I would like to be proactive about this as well! Has anyone contacted JJP about this issue and a possible resolution?

I did since I need a new one and awaiting one. Someone from support reaches out on pinside and found my ticket last night and said would follow up today from office.

#898 5 years ago

JJP is shipping me a new one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 38.00
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ilushka85.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-potc-collectors-edition?tu=Ilushka85 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.