51E7244B-00F6-4EB0-B591-B36EF4FB67BE (resized).jpeg
59F33700-17DC-487F-9702-4BDC8220499B (resized).jpeg
10A11C47-3FF6-4192-9791-240ACEEECB97 (resized).jpeg
BC53B7C8-7FF3-4CDB-903C-0217C2ED704C (resized).jpeg
22780689-6432-4F17-97B9-D48CC565DFA6 (resized).jpeg
B5A66C1E-59FF-4158-85B5-C2857B28478B (resized).jpeg
1EF91C26-FE26-40A3-9C57-BE2EE0E86DFB (resized).jpeg
4A86BFAD-0539-491E-8FC4-18BDD9250CF8 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cserold.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#160 6 years ago

Any comments/opinions on the CE trim shown at TPF? I think I read that trim is not “final” but I’m not a fan of this at all. I’m a DICE owner but Will not keep my potcce deposit if it looks anything like this. Can we remove barnacles and do nice flakes powder coat on trim and coin door instead? What do you guys think?

CCA23D1E-07F8-44A8-BD31-ABFEAE13179C (resized).jpegCCA23D1E-07F8-44A8-BD31-ABFEAE13179C (resized).jpeg

2A52E20D-665B-4B11-9BFC-BF6B989B01BF (resized).jpeg2A52E20D-665B-4B11-9BFC-BF6B989B01BF (resized).jpeg

#162 6 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

I agree with you - I get what they were going for, but man, to me it just looks awful.

A very subtle barnacle around the Lock bar button (maybe done in metal??) would be enough IMO

#191 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Topper should be an option for LE buyers!

They wouldn’t sell CEs if they did this. I sure as hell wouldn’t buy one. Does make you wonder how they would do if they just did a single option with all the bells and whistles for 9000 or so.

4 weeks later
#268 6 years ago

It was not easy to hit “send” this morning because I love the people at JJP and what they are doing but I cancelled POTCE #69. Got DICE and love it but already didn’t like the theme (never seen one second of any Potc movie) and the latest news just made it feel like the right thing to do... especially with Maiden LE. It’s strange but I was most worried/nervous about disappointing Jack/Jen and hurting their bottom line.

My bet is also that they turn the tide of public opinion back to being positive with something in the near future. They are too good and want “it” bad enough IMO. I bet it still ends up being a very popular game.

#277 6 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I'm really confused by guys that are dumping POTC for Maiden. I looked at the Maiden playfield and does it have any toys at all? So we lost one of many toys on POTC, but it still has way more toys vs Maiden with the change.
Some strange psychological phenomenon at play here.

Like I mentioned, I do not like the POTC theme one bit and the CE was the only one that interested me. At $12,500 and removing the two features it no longer made sense for me. For me it wasn't choosing one or the other. I happily had both on order before the latest news. Saying that, a < $9k Iron Maiden LE just "feels better" to me with the theme and Elwin's Archer layout vs. the $12.5K POTCCE as things are being stripped out. I feel for JJP because I like how they soft release these games while still in Beta in both design and code, but it can really bite them in the a$$ if they find that popular features aren't realistic for production games.

7 months later
#470 5 years ago

Had an initial deposit on POTCCE then bailed. After getting several games on the LE, I’m back in. Getting #69 to match my DICE. What a game.

#476 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

While I’m sure it took many man hours to create that coral look it just doesn’t fit the game.
The coral and barnacles on Davey Jones crew are not that vibrant and lively.
Just looks out of place to me and would look better on a sponge bob square pants battle of bikini bottom pinball.
Glad I went with the LE, although I do envy the topper you guys get!

Wonder if these are removable and could get repainted by modfather

#515 5 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Also update....
Trust me...I know from a reliable source that it looks much better than what the pic is showing...give it a day or two and u will see better pics...
Out of respect...I will not show the pics I have seen and it needs to come from other parties that have rights to those.....
Ooohss... Fraaaa....Baahhhaa
See....Much better.

I want to second RichieWrench on this. I've seen the final version as well. It made my decision to move forward an easy one. Another thing we all have to remember is that we are seeing these things on a flat surface with light hitting them very differently then it will after they are installed. Anything artistic is subject to different opinions/criticism but have faith that these guys have put in the effort to explore all options...including one that had the barnacles match the color of the trim. They are giving this much more thought than they are getting credit...I was guilty of this as well.

And, lastly, if (in my opinion) the barnacle finish out isn't ideal for my tastes it is not difficult to send the rails and lock down bar off for changes by one of several artists that are masters of this kind of stuff. Can't wait for my machine and thanks to JJP and their partners for the best customer support I've ever received today.

#559 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Are they selling the sling plastic of the CE? Like them....

Doubt they would sell items unique to the CE separately. Kinda goes against the purpose of the uniqueness of the CE. I would assume this would not be received well by CE buyers

#609 5 years ago

Nope...it was missed..lol....But I tell u this....
Steve @ JJP cant believed that it was missed...but we looked everywhere and it was missed...but the part is on its way to me tommorrow.
GREAT SERVICE AT JJP....They were all over it and apologized.

Goes to show that, with great service, mistakes are easily forgiven and forgotten.

#637 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I do believe only Joe has Earned the right to see your skivey pics.

Go check the DICE thread.

I was thinking about taking off the cork and stuffing the bottle with insulation.......

Hahahha

#642 5 years ago

I know this has been discussed a lot on Dialed In! But havent seen much discussion among CE buyers on POTC.

Couple questions:

Do you think JJP will release a newly themed/skinned version of POTC (like a Black Pearl Edition)?

If so, would it upset you if it was priced at LE levels but was limited to say 500 games? What if it was priced as a CE and included same topper with a run of 200?

I’m a capitalist to an extreme so I’m not pissed or worried about this possibility but it does intrigue me as an interesting business decision for JJP and curious to see what folks think.

#644 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Of course they will.
Same topper? No way

Would you have been this sure on Dialed In!?

#654 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well I had a CE like you but bailed out. I would have zero concern on whether or not JJP creates another edition of POTCCE like a Black Pearl with the same topper. Not happening
Another edition like Black Pearl? If Potc sells no doubt. But I think they will be dealing with selling what they currently have right?
That topper is one of the only things that make it CE worthy. Jack told Joe no way on topper
Then again, we have seen it on Woz

JJP didn’t have 3 levels of games with WOZ or Hobbitt when they were released did they? My bet is now that they have gone to this Se, LE, CE model they won’t be rethemeing/reskinning games. We won’t see it with DI (not that there any good opportunities for this with the custom theme) and I bet we don’t see it with POTC. Time will tell I guess.

#655 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

So while I’m glad I got my pirates ce today It’s kind of useless. Jjp did not include leg levers or the screws to attach the topper. Seeing everyone else’s missing items and issues it’s concerning to me how rushed and lack of qc that has been employed to get these out.

Bummer man. Sorry to hear this. Easy to fix of course but very frustrating.

#677 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Nothing else you could with DI?

Ice, what are you asking me here? I'm saying the DI theme doesn't lend itself to a very marketable re-theme. Are they going to do a "Chaos in Quantum City" release? "Bob's Crazy Phone" edition? DI is top 3 game for me but don't see re-theme opportunities.

Quoted from iceman44:

A Black Pearl IF Potc is popular and keeps selling is a gimme

If it happens hopefully it's just a basic reskin of the LE. Different trim, different art on the plastic topper, etc. Even some decal tweaks maybe.

#678 5 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

The later, limited runs help turn those unique parts back into dollars for JJP to use for R&amp;D and other things instead of spending more to warehouse the unobtanium parts of tomorrow. It's also a way to keep market mindshare in the long period between new pinball releases for everyone not named Stern.

I don't think anybody is disagreeing with the fact that this approach is absolutely a great business decision and opportunity for JJP. I think we also all love the company and want them to be successful. This is what makes this so interesting to me.

They are marketing and justifying some of the "value" of these games due to "limited numbers and/or collectibility." Many (if not most) buyers are making their purchasing decisions on these same factors. As we all know, flooding the market with different versions of the game dilutes the limited numbers/uniqueness of the original models. We should all realize that these things are absolutely depreciating assets (especially levels like the CE) but, I assume, we all want to limit that depreciation as much as possible. Without a doubt, releasing additional versions of a game, that are perceived as desirable, is going to accelerate this depreciation and decline in demand.

#680 5 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

Hopefully they're in a position to let these three models stand on their own considerable merits and move on.

You hit the nail on the head here. I think both JJP and us buyers likely want the same thing but they may be in a position where they have to take the $$ now...even at the risk of sales on their limited edition releases moving forward.

Oh, and congrats on your CE shipping! Give us some updates and pics pretty please.

#683 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

For WOZ and TH, the LE's (and Smaug Edition) had a set maximum that would be produced. Once they reached that production quantity, all that was left to produce was the standard editions. They created the RR and Black Arrow as unlimited production units to keep making an LE "type" or "style" of machine. With DILE and JJPOTCLE, they did not make a maximum declaration, but did provide the CE's instead with the maximum units declaration. Since the LE models are ironically unlimited (no maximum production units), they will likely not make additional variations/versions. CE buyers should not fear some better version coming along ... in my opinion.

Well explained and I agree with you 100%.

#705 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

SO excited. As if Christmas wasn't already great having my daughter and granddaughter visit the Man Christopher at KingPin came through as promised. Our games arrived as he predicted and will be home for the holidays!!! Just fricken Awesome!!! Thanks again Chris and especially to your family for sharing your holiday time from them to bring us this wonderful gift. You rock!!!! There be Pirates coming......ARghhhhhhhhh
[quoted image]

Whoa! Those are all yours? All POTC?

1 week later
#865 5 years ago

Has anyone done the mirrorblades for this game or DICE...need mirror blades for this one for sure

I put them on my DICE. The large holes for the pivot bolts on the blades from pinball decals are just slightly off the bolt holes on the JJP cabs. Just need to use a grinder/dremel to make the hole bigger in the mirror blade. I had a bit of a rough time doing it and had the bit “run” on me a couple times and scratch the blade up pretty good. Got them on eventually and they really make the light shows pop.

#866 5 years ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

The CE's all left jersey jacks before Xmas.

Yeah, not true. Still waiting on notice for mine.

#878 5 years ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

Ok I could be wrong about all have left but all should have been done. I saw a picture on here of #200 before Xmas and they usually built in order of number. Mine is number 71 and it left JJ 11/18/2018.

Mine is #69 (not joking...same as DICE) and it's leaving JJP tomorrow.

1 week later
#889 5 years ago

#69 in the house.

87D25DB8-E196-418A-AC95-68F9E08DE689 (resized).jpeg87D25DB8-E196-418A-AC95-68F9E08DE689 (resized).jpegC889967A-F270-4CE1-8DA2-B6790D7C939E (resized).jpegC889967A-F270-4CE1-8DA2-B6790D7C939E (resized).jpeg
#917 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Fellow Bay Area person here... Oh and FIRST POST... LOL While I don't know what number mine is yet, my CE is shipping from JJP in the next day or so...
Jeff

Congrats Jeff. Send some pics when you get it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cserold.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-potc-collectors-edition?tu=Cserold and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.