51E7244B-00F6-4EB0-B591-B36EF4FB67BE (resized).jpeg
59F33700-17DC-487F-9702-4BDC8220499B (resized).jpeg
10A11C47-3FF6-4192-9791-240ACEEECB97 (resized).jpeg
BC53B7C8-7FF3-4CDB-903C-0217C2ED704C (resized).jpeg
22780689-6432-4F17-97B9-D48CC565DFA6 (resized).jpeg
B5A66C1E-59FF-4158-85B5-C2857B28478B (resized).jpeg
1EF91C26-FE26-40A3-9C57-BE2EE0E86DFB (resized).jpeg
4A86BFAD-0539-491E-8FC4-18BDD9250CF8 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,187 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 24.
#401 5 years ago

Here is a recent stream (LE not CE):

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/308859115

#402 5 years ago

Thanks, I was going to get this table and The Hobbit but it looks like I’ll be skipping this one and just getting a Hobbit table.

To me the new single spinner lacks the charm or awe of the triple. That was the main draw for me that really made this table unique.

Maybe someday down the road there will be a remake that sorts the issues and brings it back.

#403 5 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

The new spinner has none of the charm or awe of the triple. That was the main draw for me.

The triple spinner is done on the screen now.

The single spinner works great and actually flings the ball. The three ring version didn't have enough surface area on any one ring to really effect the ball. Watch videos of it, the ball pretty much rolls across it.

Play the production model if you can. Then decide. It's proving to be a great pin.

LTG : )

#404 5 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Thanks, I was going to get this table and The Hobbit but it looks like I’ll be skipping this one and just getting a Hobbit table.
To me the new single spinner lacks the charm or awe of the triple. That was the main draw for me that really made this table unique.
Maybe someday down the road there will be a remake that sorts the issues and brings it back.

I just got the hobbit and I'm loving it. If you liked pirates I don't think the changes to the disc are enough to pull out considering everything else it has.

#405 5 years ago

The passive aggressive "not buying with only one disc" comments are funny to me, although I'm sure they do hurt/bother/annoy the intended JJP employee audience.

While playing Whirlwind or Addam's Family, the last thing I'm thinking is.... you know, this game would be soooo much better if there was another disc or magnet to deflect the ball.

#406 5 years ago

delete me

#407 5 years ago

i played the 3 rings version and it did almost nothing to the ball. glad they changed it!

#408 5 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

The passive aggressive "not buying with only one disc" comments are funny to me, although I'm sure they do hurt/bother/annoy the intended JJP employee audience.

If you mean me, it doesn't bother me at all. Especially for dashv, since he's thinking of buying a Hobbit instead. Pirates and Hobbit are both JJP pins.

Like any pin, JJP or other manufacturer, I've always encouraged people to play them and get the one they like. They are the ones that have to live with their decision. Don't rule a game out until you play it and decide.

Not to mention if down the road I ever give them tech help, I'd much rather help a person who is happy with their purchase than sorry they ever got it.

#409 5 years ago

Have yet to watch a stream and see the ball impacted by the spinner. I know it’s possible from playing Xmen and wish spinner on JJPPOTC made as big an impact. That design also implements a magnet in the center to catch five balls. That would have been cool to add once the triple spinner was yanked. Is it too late for JJP to add and offer to current owners as an upgrade kit?

I feel Brian Eddy’s secret game for Stern will incorporate lots of magnets, based on historical designs.

#410 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Have yet to watch a stream and see the ball impacted by the spinner. I know it’s possible from playing Xmen and wish JJPPOTC made as big an impact.

Pretty sure I saw it grab and throw a ball moving laterally left towards right sdtm twice on the JJP streams.

Definitely puts more action on the ball than the triple spinner did.

#411 5 years ago

Has anyone seen the body armor on the CE yet? Or the coloring on the playfield? I know that there have been a few pics floating around but that was quite some time ago. I just played a LE version and the color around the outlanes blends really well with the theme, blues/greens and orange. Was wondering if the green from squid lips did away with the blue in the outlanes? I am still slotted for a CE but need to see better pics or video before full commitment.

#412 5 years ago

Thanks for understanding, I certainly meant no offense.

POTC was honestly going to be a pure impulse buy for me based on the novelty alone. The prototypes look really cool with the 3 spinners, even if they don’t cause the chaos they originally intended.

The Barnacles on the trim was also awesome, but from what I understand only on the (now sold out CE). And I still can’t figure out if the ship in the bottle topper is really a thing, only on the ce’s or clever modding. I really liked that.

Other mods like the hangman’s noose and dead mans chest sign look really fun.

I don’t mean to slight the developers in the least. As pointed out the JJP Hobbit is still on my wishlist. My arcade is in my home. I can only fit 5 pins and 5 arcade machines. So I’m being a bit pedantic about exactly what I want to see in there.

For the dynamic the spinner causes, I think I’d rather have Theatre of Magic which does similar play field ball manipulation but in a way you’d never expect by looking at the play field. (Magnets everywhere).

For me each game in my personal arcade needs to either be something I personally connected with as a kid. Or something that even now triggers a sense of childlike awe and wonder.

Pirates looks like a good pin. Certainly one I still intend to checkout at barcade. But I’m not a huge fan of the series (don’t hate it either). Hobbit is a book I really enjoyed as a kid and movie I enjoyed as an adult.

Who knows, maybe after trying it in a barcade, I’ll end up with one next to my Hobbit table.

Quoted from LTG:

If you mean me, it doesn't bother me at all. Especially for dashv, since he's thinking of buying a Hobbit instead. Pirates and Hobbit are both JJP pins.
Like any pin, JJP or other manufacturer, I've always encouraged people to play them and get the one they like. They are the ones that have to live with their decision. Don't rule a game out until you play it and decide.
Not to mention if down the road I ever give them tech help, I'd much rather help a person who is happy with their purchase than sorry they ever got it.

#413 5 years ago

Can anyone confirm if the CE is sold out? With a population of 25 million people 25 are coming to Australia with one available last I heard but that was over a month ago , Europe with over 700 million people you would think would get at least fifty leaving the US with 125 which I think a really low numbers for a pin like this .Some people have said they would buy one on the second hand market but I think if you can afford one you're not going to sell it in a hurry unless you are in financial trouble and I don't think they would sell it for less than what they paid for it , in my opinion.

#414 5 years ago

JJP is sold out. Distributors might have some left. I believe I have 2 that are unspoken for at the moment.

#415 5 years ago

Played a production Le on Sat.
Wow, just wow.
Time to start saving and sell a couple pins.

#416 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Played a production Le on Sat.
Wow, just wow.
Time to start saving and sell a couple pins.

There are 2 pins worth of features in Pirates.

#417 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

There are 2 pins worth of features in Pirates.

Well said. There really is 2 pins worth of features.

4 weeks later
#418 5 years ago

Any updates on the CE's? Still waiting to see final details.

#419 5 years ago

Do I get a Dinner if I Buy a JJPPOTCCE?

#420 5 years ago

I'll get you some pizza but you have to come to Chicago to get it!

#421 5 years ago

I'll personally buy you a beer if we meet in person.

#422 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I'll get you some pizza but you have to come to Chicago to get it!

Quoted from Hogbog:

I'll personally buy you a beer if we meet in person.

Thanks to Dave and Keith.
Hope to make it to Chicago next year. This is my busy season, but I'm going to plan way in advance.
Beer and a Pizza and get Lloyd to buy dessert.

#423 5 years ago

Richie Wrench is going to be at the Expo....Stay Tuned...and get get cameras ready
..It will be his first appearance at the show.

FB_IMG_1539966865750 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1539966865750 (resized).jpg
#424 5 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Richie Wrench is going to be at the Expo....Stay Tuned...and get get cameras ready
..It will be his first appearance at the show.
[quoted image]

Are you going to dinner with Jack & Pat dressed like that?

#425 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Are you going to dinner with Jack & Pat dressed like that?

lmao...no....that would be disrespectful....besides how would I eat.

But we will be at the vendors exhibits and Richie is going to play some pinball and is going to find Joe and it going to be on from there.....Richie got a score to settle with Joe.....

So stay tuned.....

#426 5 years ago

lmao...no....that would be disrespectful....besides how would I eat.
But we will be at the vendors exhibits and Richie is going to play some pinball and is going to find Joe and it going to be on from there.....Richie got a score to settle with Joe.....
So stay tuned.....

Before you get Joe,go see Pat at the Dialing it In seminar!Then get back to me with info.

#428 5 years ago

How did the Dinner Go?

It was so good and plentiful that he doesn't fit into the costume anymore

#429 5 years ago

What was served for dinner? Steak, Deep Dish Pizza, Cheesesteaks, Tofu ????

#430 5 years ago

Spoke to Eric at Expo, he said CE’s are supposed to be built in November! Almost there!

#431 5 years ago
Quoted from drewski28:

Spoke to Eric at Expo, he said CE’s are supposed to be built in November! Almost there!

Love those CE games. Can't wait to see you guys get your games and share pics.

#432 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

What was served for dinner? Steak, Deep Dish Pizza, Cheesesteaks, Tofu ????

What is it with you guys and cheese steaks, is it just cheese on a steak ?

#433 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

What is it with you guys and cheese steaks, is it just cheese on a steak ?

No, thin beef grilled on a flat top, then chopped up with big spatula, then cheese melted on top, then folded, then put on a toasty roll. So yummy.

#434 5 years ago

No, thin beef grilled on a flat top, then chopped up with big spatula, then cheese melted on top, then folded, then put on a toasty roll. So yummy.

Sounds good might have to try it. If you really want a heart attack I used to like making cheesy bacon cook your bacon in a fry pan and when it's almost done put in some tasty cheese and keep stiring till it's covered golden brown and crispy.

IMG_20181022_150228 (resized).jpgIMG_20181022_150228 (resized).jpg
#435 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Love those CE games. Can't wait to see you guys get your games and share pics.

Me too. All of those CE additional features really make it a no brainer.

#436 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Me too. All of those CE additional features really make it a no brainer.

I can't wait to see what they've done with the barnacles and starfish I've heard there's going to be a lot more of them than the prototype hopefully a bit crustier , not so fresh looking.

#437 5 years ago

PinballSTAR has a few CEs left to sell for those that asked... Won’t last long... Email Joe at [email protected].

2 weeks later
#438 5 years ago

bump

#439 5 years ago

yeah....like really.....A SERIOUS BUMP

ALL I KNOW RIGHT NOW IS THST I OWE SOMEONE 11,500.00 AND SHIPPING

Come on JJP ...is there anything....a sneak peek, maybe a little update......something.

BUT NO......

All I got was an email saying that I owe money.....

Well..at least it going to be. nice game and cant wait to have it. Sounds like we might get these game this year before Christmas

#440 5 years ago

Come on JJP ...is there anything....a sneak peek, maybe a little update......something.
BUT NO......
Well..at least it going to be. nice game and cant wait to have it. Sounds like we might get these game this year before Christmas

But will the coin door be powder coated by christmas?

#441 5 years ago

BUT NO......

Yep, they're going to start making the CEs up through Christmas and that's why I can't get an LE by Christmas. Oh well, CE buyers have been waiting a long time for their's.

#442 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Yep, they're going to start making the CEs up through Christmas and that's why I can't get an LE by Christmas. Oh well, CE buyers have been waiting a long time for their's.

Did the feature list get updated? For awhile there was a question about what makes up the CE or what was included.

#443 5 years ago

Dead men tell no tales! There be No stainless cannons on me pirate ship! We are proud to introduce our newest JJP Pirates custom Pirate Cannon mod. A very simple yet highly detailed add on to dress up the Black Pearl for battle! Each piece airbrush detailed for an authentic look worthy of such a fine ship. Mod is simple to install and does Not effect play or originality should you wish to reverse later. Plunder this mod Shipping NOW!!! Fire the cannons at those Scurvy dogs!! Available now from our website store www.TheModCouplePinball.com

Thanks for your interest and support!!!
The Mod Couple

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg
#444 5 years ago

They are set to start building all 200 next week. Does anyone know how long it will take to finish and ship.

#445 5 years ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

They are set to start building all 200 next week. Does anyone know how long it will take to finish and ship.

I was told that some will likely arrive at homes before Christmas. Probably not all 200 though.

#446 5 years ago

The pride of the British Royal Navy and scourge of piracy in the Caribbean deserves the a Royal dress up! Introducing the HMS Dauntless dress up kit. Complete the look and pride of the HMS Dauntless with this Custom railing kit. Detailed down to the wood grain and air brushed for an authentic color and weathered look. Robust design to protect against scurvy pirate cannon shot misses. Upgrade your Dauntless today and head out to the open seas!! Arghhhhh. Available and shipping NOW from our website store:

www.TheModCouplePinball.com

Thanks to ALL for your support and interest. Happy Holidays Arghhhhh!

The Mod Couple

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg
#447 5 years ago

Enough turkey Back to Pirates Arrrr! Time to dress up the ship with some fine detail to head out on your voyage of Fun! All New barrel pop bumper caps to complete the remaining plastics on the LE/CE or all 4 on the standard. No pirate left behind! All barrel caps highly detailed and air brushed to perfection. Options include:
1 "Wheres the RUM!" custom pop bumper barrel which includes an illuminated Rum bottle, a dirty pirate hat, and of coarse Captain Barbossa's juicy green apple! Bottle changes color with game and really ties the room together! This cap was designed to fit in the Front right for clearance.
2 "Davy Jones Heart" custom barrel pop bumper cap with illuminated Beating red heart on a pile of sand, detailed telescope for spotting scaly wags, and the Key to Davy Jones heart! Rather eerie seeing the heart beat and a cool effect!
3 "East India Trading Co" raised letter custom pop bumper barrel. Designed to complete the look for JJP Standard buyers with the additional stationary pops. Very fine detail and a big improvement over the plastic.
ALL barrel pops available NOW to ship next day from our website store. Ye be warned, you will love this mod! lol Fits ALL models.

Thanks for viewing!
The Mod Couple

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg
#448 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Enough turkey Back to Pirates Arrrr! Time to dress up the ship with some fine detail to head out on your voyage of Fun! All New barrel pop bumper caps to complete the remaining plastics on the LE/CE or all 4 on the standard. No pirate left behind! All barrel caps highly detailed and air brushed to perfection. Options include:
1 "Wheres the RUM!" custom pop bumper barrel which includes an illuminated Rum bottle, a dirty pirate hat, and of coarse Captain Barbossa's juicy green apple! Bottle changes color with game and really ties the room together! This cap was designed to fit in the Front right for clearance.
2 "Davy Jones Heart" custom barrel pop bumper cap with illuminated Beating red heart on a pile of sand, detailed telescope for spotting scaly wags, and the Key to Davy Jones heart! Rather eerie seeing the heart beat and a cool effect!
3 "East India Trading Co" raised letter custom pop bumper barrel. Designed to complete the look for JJP Standard buyers with the additional stationary pops. Very fine detail and a big improvement over the plastic.
ALL barrel pops available NOW to ship next day from our website store. Ye be warned, you will love this mod! lol Fits ALL models.
Thanks for viewing!
The Mod Couple
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Your mods Dave continue to amaze me!!
These are really nice! The cannon, railing also look very good.

#449 5 years ago

Your mods Dave continue to amaze me!!
These are really nice! The cannon, railing also look very good.

Thanks for the kind words Eric. If you can't tell we REALLY love this game! lol So much fun working on a game of this caliber.

#450 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thanks for the kind words Eric. If you can't tell we REALLY love this game! lol So much fun working on a game of this caliber.

Can you send me a message so that I can get these mods for my game -- Where Do I go to get this mods for my game --

HEY DO YOU GOT A POWDER COATED COIN DOOR FOR US CE OWNERS.....??????

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 1,187 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-potc-collectors-edition/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.