Topic Stats

• 1,099 posts
  • 159 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 days ago by apinballwiz
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 325 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190917_162207 (resized).jpg
20190917_162203 (resized).jpg
20190917_161517 (resized).jpg
20190917_161511 (resized).jpg
20190917_161501 (resized).jpg
20190917_161445 (resized).jpg
20190917_161439 (resized).jpg
20190916_205801_resized (1) (resized).jpg
20190916_205757_resized (resized).jpg
20190916_205752_resized (resized).jpg
20190916_205748_resized (resized).jpg
20190916_205728_resized (resized).jpg
20190916_205742_resized (resized).jpg
Green-Preview (resized).jpg
20190627_223626_resized (resized).jpg
20190627_223623_resized (resized).jpg

There are 1099 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 22.
#351 1 year ago

Dead men tell no tales! We are proud to introduce our newest JJP Pirates custom Deadmen sign mod. A very simple yet highly detailed add on to dress up the devils triangle entrance! Each piece airbrush detailed for an authentic look worthy of such a fine machine. Mod is simple to install and does Not effect play or originality should you wish to reverse later. While shown in the preferred location above the devils triangle entrance you could install it to your personal taste also! Plunder this mod and be ready for when your CE's start shipping!!! Fits ALL JJP versions! Enter at yer own risk, available Now along with many other unique custom Mods via our new online store. www.TheModCouplePinball.com
The Mod Couple

Deadmen2 (resized).pngDeadMen_EDITED (resized).pngDeadmen5 (resized).png
#352 1 year ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

When the 2 mechs got dropped I dropped my preorder

For $12,500 dropping 2 mechs
Now Im hearing alot of other issues
Hmmmmm

#353 1 year ago
Quoted from whitey:

Hmmmmm

What issues do you speak of? Please tell

#354 1 year ago
Quoted from whitey:

dropping 2 mechs

Changed two.

Quoted from whitey:

Like what ?

They've performed pretty good at shows and on the live twitch feed.

LTG : )

#355 1 year ago

Escape the Hangman ye be warned! We are proud to introduce our newest JJP Pirates custom Hangman Gallows mod. A very simple yet highly detailed add on to dress up the Escape the hangman out-lane! Each piece airbrush detailed for an authentic look worthy of such a fine machine and even includes an Ever so cute perfectly details parrot. You can't have pirates without a parrot!! Mod is simple to install and does Not effect play or originality should you wish to reverse later. Plunder this mod and be ready for when they start shipping!!! Don't get caught by the hangman, Available today from our store and www.TheModCouplePinball.com
Thanks for checking it out,
The Mod Couple

IMG_0249 (resized).jpgIMG_0250 (resized).jpgIMG_0258 (resized).jpgPOTC_Gallow_Photoshop (resized).png
#356 1 year ago
Quoted from whitey:

Hmmmmm

Some people just want to stir ,if there is ALOT of issues we would have heard about at least one.

#357 1 year ago

#358 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

As an aside to the spinning disc talk : check this bizarro world shit out folks..
1. Richie get VP Cabs Veritgo custom made and lookie : NO POWDER COATED DOOR !!! Explain yourself Richard !
2. Joe gets a VP Cabs Wizard and hmmmm, HE gets the powder coated door !
The world has turned upside down !

Wow that yellow is a home run... :/

#359 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Changed two.

Like what ?
They've performed pretty good at shows and on the live twitch feed.

C’mon now, changed two? That’s being a bit generous. I’m not trying to be mean, but they dropped features from the game, not “changed features”. Going from a 3 disc spinner full of variables and leds down to 1 plain spinner is a total downgrade. I’m a huge JJP fan and owner, but that was a disaster. We should at least be able to say that out loud.

#360 1 year ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Going from a 3 disc spinner full of variables and leds down to 1 plain spinner is a total downgrade.

The 3 disc is now doing the variables on the screen. And the three ring spinner replaced with a single spinner. Which throws the ball quite nicely. Something the three didn't do a good job of.

You haven't lost anything.

#361 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

The 3 disc is now doing the variables on the screen. And the three ring spinner replaced with a single spinner. Which throws the ball quite nicely. Something the three didn't do a good job of.
You haven't lost anything.

See now, that’s not true. Why the denial? The 3 ring spinner on the playfield is easier for the player to see while they’re playing, that’s a fact. On the screen is better than nothing I guess. How about the loss of the chest as well? Downgrades.

#362 1 year ago

I didn't deny anything.

The 3 ring spinner on the playfield is easier for the player to see while they’re playing,

You didn't say anything about seeing it until now. Three feet away from the playing position looking at the playfield, or watching the screen. Fact or not, doesn't seem like a lot of difference to me. You have ball(s) running around and yet you have time to concentrate on the 3 rings or LCD, what they are doing ? I'd think you'd be going for your next shot. If you have time to look down and read, you have time to look up and read.

How about the loss of the chest as well?

You are of course correct. The lid is now fixed open. What a great tragedy. First thing I think of when I played it. Looking back there. Crap, is that lid up or down ? That could greatly alter whether I win a game or not. Damn. Heck, I might not even match now.

#363 1 year ago

LTG, you are one of the good guys.

But reading your last two comments makes me wonder whether you had a few beers tonight.

#364 1 year ago

I think the virtual disks look great and work better for spectators it still has more features than you can poke a stick at

#365 1 year ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

But reading your last two comments makes me wonder whether you had a few beers tonight.

No beer. After 12 plus hours of working my arcade and tech support, I do get in a jollier mood. Anything worth doing is worth having some fun.

#366 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

The lid is now fixed open. What a great tragedy. First thing I think of when I played it. Looking back there. Crap, is that lid up or down ?

Are you dropping 10K-12K on one of these machines?

Folks spending that much cash on a pinball machine tend to be somewhat picky.

#367 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Are you dropping 10K-12K on one of these machines?

Folks spending that much cash on a pinball machine tend to be somewhat picky.

No, and yes.

When you consider the amount of time I put in doing tech support, I'll have way more than that in the game.

#368 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

No, and yes.
When you consider the amount of time I put in doing tech support, I'll have way more than that in the game.

I have no knowledge of your situation, but it would appear someone should be writing you a check for at least some of your time.

#369 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

but it would appear someone should be writing you a check for at least some of your time.

No. I don't do good with a boss. I only did that once. Though I did get to run a foreman up a forklift and left him up there.

This morning I already spent an hour on the phone with a person having an LED board issue on a WOZ. Person was the problem, not the LED board. About 30 minutes into one of these you start going cross eyed and lose a lot of IQ points. You couldn't pay me for this crap. There ain't enough money out there.

The companies I work for I tell them. Let me know what you want done. Consider it done. Leave me alone.

I'm just doing what I've always done. Trying to make my little corner of pinball a little bit better and enable people to enjoy their games more.

#370 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I didn't deny anything.

You didn't say anything about seeing it until now. Three feet away from the playing position looking at the playfield, or watching the screen. Fact or not, doesn't seem like a lot of difference to me. You have ball(s) running around and yet you have time to concentrate on the 3 rings or LCD, what they are doing ? I'd think you'd be going for your next shot. If you have time to look down and read, you have time to look up and read.

You are of course correct. The lid is now fixed open. What a great tragedy. First thing I think of when I played it. Looking back there. Crap, is that lid up or down ? That could greatly alter whether I win a game or not. Damn. Heck, I might not even match now.

Well ok you’re all fired up now and sarcastic. I know you’re a big JJP fan, so Am I. So we agree On something! You say it doesn’t seem like a big difference. I say it is. You can’t win this argument, nor can I. We disagree. But I will say that I’d be shocked if there weren’t many more that look at this through my point of view. Enough to not buy the game? Maybe yes, maybe no.

2 weeks later
#371 1 year ago

Jjp can you give us any update photos topper side rails cabinet ect.

#372 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Jjp can you give us any update photos topper side rails cabinet ect.

. . . and the matching powder-coated coin door?

#373 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Some people just want to stir ,if there is ALOT of issues we would have heard about at least one.

Not stirring up shit pal, shelling out $12,500 cash plus shipping ? Dont show me one thing and delete stuff Thats the most Ive spent on a game .PPS is doing the right thing, here it is buy it or not. JJP POTC CE is my last game to put down a deposit, that and TBL . When its ready to ship within a few weeks
Then I can hit pay now or pass. I loose interest waiting 2 yrs .

#374 1 year ago
Quoted from whitey:

Not stirring up shit pal, shelling out $12,500 cash plus shipping ? Dont show me one thing and delete stuff Thats the most Ive spent on a game .PPS is doing the right thing, here it is buy it or not. JJP POTC CE is my last game to put down a deposit, that and TBL . When its ready to ship within a few weeks
Then I can hit pay now or pass. I loose interest waiting 2 yrs .

What does you crying about the price of the pin "plus shipping" have to do with people making up there are issues with it. Pal.

#375 1 year ago

Sorry just realised that you're the one making up shit about issues with pirates .

#376 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Sorry just realised that you're the one making up shit about issues with pirates .

I,m not making up shit ! I said hmmm more issues ?
Should I have said ? Oh bummer toys getting deleted?
Go wax your disco fever ! Not bitching about price
, I dont have $$ problems . I,m in the bay area if your sorry ass makes it out here look me up

#377 1 year ago
Quoted from whitey:

Hmmmmm

Quoted from whitey:

I said hmmm more issues ?

First you said it as a statement now you're saying it as a question if you do know of any issues let me know because I'm spending a lot of money on one of these things. I am hopefully going to the states next year so maybe I should look you up and we could go play some pinball.

1 week later
#378 1 year ago

"It be to late to alter coarse now matie!" Introducing the Pirates "Maelstrom Battle" mod! A custom design and fit mod to highlight the famous pirate battle scene in the Maelstrom. Simple yet highly detail mod to complete the ramps look with a theme set look. Polished and each hand painted to blend perfectly down to the black sails of the Black Pearl. 5 minute installation with everything included and reversible. Translucent design beautifully carries the games amazing light show throughout. Get yours before Calypso takes them all! Available and shipping Now via our website store. www.TheModCouplePinball.com

Thanks to All for your continued support and interest!!!!

The Mod Couple

MT1 (resized).jpgMT2 (resized).jpgMT3 (resized).jpgMT4 (resized).jpgMT5 (resized).jpg
#379 1 year ago

The mod looks nice, but with it added would you still clearly see the ball whirlpool down the hole? That to me is the coolest thing about making that shot.

#380 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

No. I don't do good with a boss. I only did that once. Though I did get to run a foreman up a forklift and left him up there.
This morning I already spent an hour on the phone with a person having an LED board issue on a WOZ. Person was the problem, not the LED board. About 30 minutes into one of these you start going cross eyed and lose a lot of IQ points. You couldn't pay me for this crap. There ain't enough money out there.
The companies I work for I tell them. Let me know what you want done. Consider it done. Leave me alone.
I'm just doing what I've always done. Trying to make my little corner of pinball a little bit better and enable people to enjoy their games more.

Sorry, not to be personal, but JJP does not pay you for providing tech support to their customers?

#381 1 year ago
Quoted from thewool:

The mod looks nice, but with it added would you still clearly see the ball whirlpool down the hole? That to me is the coolest thing about making that shot.

Good observation and comment. Yes it was designed and elevated so the ramp hole feature is not obstructed. Also adjustable so you could raise it higher if you prefer. Plus the process was done in a through transplant design to view and carry the games lighting effects.

The Mod Couple

#382 1 year ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Sorry, not to be personal, but JJP does not pay you for providing tech support to their customers?

Yes but trust that the only boss LTG answers to are his support callers. And women. Lol

#383 1 year ago
Quoted from tacshose:

No. That was my decision, not Jack's. Or Rick's. Or anybody else I may help in the future.

I knew from the previous 17 years at that time when Jack hired me, helping people on line, there isn't enough money available to do that. After an hour explaining why you can't put 10 balls in a 5 ball game or you can't cut circuit boards in half. You haven't lived until you answer that phone. You couldn't pay me to do that. I knew what I would be getting myself into back then and what I do hasn't changed. Let me know what you want done. Consider it done.

All I've ever wanted was to make my little corner of pinball a little bit better.

#384 1 year ago

Wait one minute. I cant cut a circuit board in half?

#385 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Wait one minute. I cant cut a circuit board in half?

You can. Just not a great idea.

Charlie of Spooky Pinball asked me about that one. He asked me, "They do that", "Why?"

I told him, "You don't want to know". I never ask how we got to that point. I don't want to know why or what their thinking was. I just try to get their game going again as fast as possible.

Disclaimer : Tech support. It's not a job. It's an adventure.

#386 1 year ago

according to jjp facebook, SE / LE are now in production.

so is it possible to get something new about the CE ?

#387 1 year ago
Quoted from Raknitz:

according to jjp facebook, SE / LE are now in production.
so is it possible to get something new about the CE ?

What would you like to know? there have been no changes to the CE that were not applied to the SE/LE.

#388 1 year ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

What would you like to know? there have been no changes to the CE that were not applied to the SE/LE.

i dont know, playfield populated with the new disk ? to see how it is well or not integrated color wise ?
if there is some other changes, like an apron not as bright as on the CE LE ?

#389 1 year ago
Quoted from Raknitz:

i dont know, playfield populated with the new disk ? to see how it is well or not integrated color wise ?

They covered every one of these changes in their weekly blog videos. And yes all changes are the same for all models as #Kingpingames pointed out.

#390 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

They covered every one of these changes in their weekly blog videos. And yes all changes are the same for all models as #Kingpingames pointed out.

So they showed pictures of the side rails and legs totally covered in barnacles like they said they were going to do, and the backing behind the ship in a bottle topper. ( which I think should be stormy Seas at night with lightning clouds)

#391 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

So they showed pictures of the side rails and legs totally covered in barnacles like they said they were going to do, and the backing behind the ship in a bottle topper. ( which I think should be stormy Seas at night with lightning clouds)

Don’t know I was simply answering his question about apron art and Playfield changes to the CE. I do like your ideas on the rails though and hope they come up with something interesting.

#392 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Don’t know I was simply answering his question about apron art and Playfield changes to the CE. I do like your ideas on the rails though and hope they come up with something interesting.

It wasn't my idea on the side rails pretty sure that's what Zach said back alley creations were going to do, my idea was to put an octopus and treasure amongst the barnacles.

1 week later
#393 1 year ago

With the POTC finally into production its time to Raise a flag with the "Pirates Ahoy Flag" Mod!! A ship with black sails pirated by the dead needs to show her colors. This simple yet perfectly scaled flag lets you know pirates be near. Flag double printed in fabric to sway with the rocking motion of the ship. Authentic wood pole with deck wood grain finish mounting base for simple installation without permanent modification. Raise the flag and be warned that pirates is almost hear! Availability and additional info check out www.TheModCouplePinball.com

The Mod Couple

POTC_1 (resized).jpgPOTC_2 (resized).pngPOTC_3 (resized).jpg
#394 1 year ago

Wow...Been Extremely Busy. Going to announce our 2nd Annual Pinball Fest at my office here this weekend and hope all of u that showed last year come again this year...few more new pinball machines and sad to say this one and MBr will not make it by then...but that is okay....It will be there for the 3rd Year.

Oh.....Let's get back to this game....

What have I missed... Does anyone have any updates since the last Chicago expo...I need to get caught up...I know about the spinner...and I have NOT....bother Joe in the late hours....

Any input is nice....

Also looking for ideas to do different this year for the event...We will have it the weekend before the Chicago Expo.

Thanks all

#395 1 year ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Nice...now I should be caught up.

#396 1 year ago
Quoted from Raknitz:

Yeah...I agree with the apron art...I thought someone was punking me on that one...why is that so bright...does not make sense....I hope they change that one...but hey...WTF.....I am just a plumber....what do I know about art

20180412_120939 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#397 1 year ago

BUMP --- IS THERE NOTHING NEW COMING ON THIS SUBJECT????

I had to dust off the cobwebs to this site -- Is everything the same as before?

Does anyone know when the CE will start -- It is later this year or early next year??

#398 1 year ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

BUMP --- IS THERE NOTHING NEW COMING ON THIS SUBJECT????
I had to dust off the cobwebs to this site -- Is everything the same as before?
Does anyone know when the CE will start -- It is later this year or early next year??

I heard from a reliable source that Joe at PinballStar will have absolute answers tonight around 3am! Be the first caller to beat the rush!!

#399 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I heard from a reliable source that Joe at PinballStar will have absolute answers tonight around 3am! Be the first caller to beat the rush!!

be sure to ask about the secret coin door upgrade program. First five callers gets it free.

2 weeks later
#400 1 year ago

Digging through this thread and having trouble finding links to the blog and stuff.

I’ve seen a lot of videos from January and March about this table and was going to place an order. But reading the last several pages I’m reading things have changed like the spinner functionality and other stuff and I’m having trouble finding up to date information and gameplay footage to see if it’s something I still want.

Haven’t paid this much for an Arcade/Pinball since Attack from Mars CE.

Just want to make sure I know what I’m actually getting so I’m not surprised or disappointed.

Please no flames or judgement. Just looking for current info.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Flagstaff, AZ
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 1099 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 22.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside