51E7244B-00F6-4EB0-B591-B36EF4FB67BE (resized).jpeg
59F33700-17DC-487F-9702-4BDC8220499B (resized).jpeg
10A11C47-3FF6-4192-9791-240ACEEECB97 (resized).jpeg
BC53B7C8-7FF3-4CDB-903C-0217C2ED704C (resized).jpeg
22780689-6432-4F17-97B9-D48CC565DFA6 (resized).jpeg
B5A66C1E-59FF-4158-85B5-C2857B28478B (resized).jpeg
1EF91C26-FE26-40A3-9C57-BE2EE0E86DFB (resized).jpeg
4A86BFAD-0539-491E-8FC4-18BDD9250CF8 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,187 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 24.
#251 6 years ago

Back to the ridiculous plumbing ads. Wtf. Might as well.

#252 6 years ago

Gonna b alot of ce available now.... what a tragic chain of events for potc and jjp.

#253 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Deposit Canceled today sadly. If anyone is interested in CE #17 it is now available with a free Pizza Spatula! Sorry but this decision is Not what I would call a "few minor Tweaks". So really wanted this game and Sincerely feel bad for Eric. He rocketed toward pinball stardom only to have his visions and creation crushed by poor business decisions. I only hope he will not let this defeat sway his future vision and creativity. He is Very talented. For now CGC is up and no matter what the title I am In!

Agreed. Eric is a real nice guy and and has sh*tload of talent. It's plain as day.

#254 6 years ago

Would ce owners be happy to wait for the original design if they kept the discs even if it was 6 months to get it right . I would . Maybe the question should have been asked

#255 6 years ago
Quoted from Georgeh:

Would ce owners be happy to wait for the original design if they kept the discs even if it was 6 months to get it right . I would . Maybe the question should have been asked

I would be willing to wait. Even if it wasn’t the three spinning disks . . . just something better than the proposed replacement.

#256 6 years ago
Quoted from Georgeh:

Yep I would!

#257 6 years ago

I would wait. As it stands now - it’s just another theme without innovation. Innovation to me is a reason to buy a game before theme. JJP has always moved the needle forward. This isn’t the right direction for this game and JJP as a company. Poor execution. They can do better.

#258 6 years ago

I would wait another several months for my LE to allow them to get this right, otherwise order is getting cancelled unfortunately.

#259 6 years ago

I would wait another year just for getting the three discs Now I really think about cancelling my reservation.

#260 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

» YouTube video

What is the difference between a playfield tweaker and these guys?

The later took your order for a Predator

index (resized).jpgindex (resized).jpg

#261 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Hey Richie Wrench...
Does this mean we get powder coated coin doors now?

HELL YEAH.....That should be a given for this game at this price. But I am just now getting caught up on these changes and I am bummed about the changes and it can and has happened in the past...so Inwant to see what happens. REMEMBER EVERYONE....You can always get refund on deposits or move it to another game. I want to see how this plays out.

From my calculations...there is alot of money on the table that is going to be pulled so this is not over yet. But I know there is alot to this game...and JJP is a great manufacturer so I will not comment negative because I don't know as much ...just love to play the games and love the kids playin them at our showroom. But....YES....$12,500.00 IS ALOT FOR A GAME and as CE OWNERS we should be getting the best for our money. I am still in for my #12.....I think there will be some changes...So lets see what happens....BUT I WILL NOT WAIT TILL I OPEN THE BOX TO SEE THOSE CHANGES...Give them a chance and see how they respond to our concerns.

#262 6 years ago

Okay here is my actual work truck wrapped with a Pinball Theme.

20180412_120901 (resized).jpg20180412_120901 (resized).jpg

20180412_120906 (resized).jpg20180412_120906 (resized).jpg

20180412_120845 (resized).jpg20180412_120845 (resized).jpg

20180412_120912 (resized).jpg20180412_120912 (resized).jpg

20180412_120915 (resized).jpg20180412_120915 (resized).jpg

20180412_120927 (resized).jpg20180412_120927 (resized).jpg

20180412_120939 (resized).jpg20180412_120939 (resized).jpg

#263 6 years ago

SO ENOUGH ON MY TRUCK......

What is latest on the spinning disks?

#264 6 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

SO ENOUGH ON MY TRUCK......
What is latest on the spinning disks?

They dont spin anymore. Very sad. Rumor is we get one giant pizza in center, toppings to order.

#265 6 years ago

I think the majority of folks here are waiting on the live stream on wed.

#266 6 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Yep!

#267 6 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Ive got money on that there will be no live stream tomorrow. This will take more than a few days to sort out.

#268 6 years ago

It was not easy to hit “send” this morning because I love the people at JJP and what they are doing but I cancelled POTCE #69. Got DICE and love it but already didn’t like the theme (never seen one second of any Potc movie) and the latest news just made it feel like the right thing to do... especially with Maiden LE. It’s strange but I was most worried/nervous about disappointing Jack/Jen and hurting their bottom line.

My bet is also that they turn the tide of public opinion back to being positive with something in the near future. They are too good and want “it” bad enough IMO. I bet it still ends up being a very popular game.

#269 6 years ago

They will sort this all out. I believe Jack is out of the country....so, hopefully soon.....

#270 6 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

It was not easy to hit “send” this morning because I love the people at JJP and what they are doing but I cancelled POTCE #69. Got DICE and love it but already didn’t like the theme (never seen one second of any Potc movie) and the latest news just made it feel like the right thing to do... especially with Maiden LE. It’s strange but I was most worried/nervous about disappointing Jack/Jen and hurting their bottom line.
My bet is also that they turn the tide of public opinion back to being positive with something in the near future. They are too good and want “it” bad enough IMO. I bet it still ends up being a very popular game.

That does sting I canceled the CE myself though I did keep my position on an LE to hedge my bet. For myself, I just can't justify the 3k bump with the changes plus I fear this title will long have a bit of stigma attached in some way. Still an Amazing title and game, just going to use the 3K savings to get All of the rails powder coated Coin door included and make my own barnacle! I do hope they come up with a decent compromise solution though to keep the features.

#271 6 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

I'm really confused by guys that are dumping POTC for Maiden. I looked at the Maiden playfield and does it have any toys at all? So we lost one of many toys on POTC, but it still has way more toys vs Maiden with the change.

Some strange psychological phenomenon at play here.

#272 6 years ago

Okay here is my actual work truck wrapped with a Pinball Theme.

Why haven't you had your rims powder coated yet? WTF?

#273 6 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Why haven't you had your rims powder coated yet? WTF?

He’s got a point lol

#274 6 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I'm really confused by guys that are dumping POTC for Maiden. I looked at the Maiden playfield and does it have any toys at all? So we lost one of many toys on POTC, but it still has way more toys vs Maiden with the change.

We have only seen the Pro version of IMDN.

#275 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

They dont spin anymore. Very sad. Rumor is we get one giant pizza in center, toppings to order.

MAYBE THAT IS OUR DIALED IN DINNER -- I NEED TO FOLLOW UP ON THAT ONE.....HMMMM....MAYBE THIS YEAR THEY WILL HAVE IT AT THE CHICAGO EXPO?

#276 6 years ago

MAYBE THAT IS OUR DIALED IN DINNER -- I NEED TO FOLLOW UP ON THAT ONE.....HMMMM....MAYBE THIS YEAR THEY WILL HAVE IT AT THE CHICAGO EXPO?

Unfortunately there is no pizza in Chicago. There is a good Chinese place they can take you to! lol

#277 6 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Like I mentioned, I do not like the POTC theme one bit and the CE was the only one that interested me. At $12,500 and removing the two features it no longer made sense for me. For me it wasn't choosing one or the other. I happily had both on order before the latest news. Saying that, a < $9k Iron Maiden LE just "feels better" to me with the theme and Elwin's Archer layout vs. the $12.5K POTCCE as things are being stripped out. I feel for JJP because I like how they soft release these games while still in Beta in both design and code, but it can really bite them in the a$$ if they find that popular features aren't realistic for production games.

#278 6 years ago

Will a powder coated coin door and an extra barnacle satisfy CE buyers?

#279 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I’m sure it will seal the deal with the plumber!

#280 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

LOL

#281 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And we all know how hard he is to please.

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg

#282 6 years ago

so what is the latest as of today? Any changes?

#283 6 years ago

Nothing positive. One disk vs. three and an open trunk.

#284 6 years ago

Turns out if you want a CE they are pretty easy to come by

#285 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Turns out if you want a CE they are pretty easy to come by

$12,500 (Firm)

#286 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

$12,500 (Firm)

Better jump in now while the getting is good. These babies gonna be $25k by Christmas!

#287 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I AM REALLY SURPRISED BY ALL OF THIS......

THERE IS ALOT OF BUYERS DROPPING OFF LIKE DEAD FLIES AROUND AN OPEN CAN OF RAID.....

NOT BY EVERYONE DECISIONS...BUT BY JJP...I WOULD THKNK THEY WOULD STEP BACK AND DELAY THE GAME AND MAKE THOSE FEATURES WORK....BUT MAYBE I AM MISSING SOMETHING....

All I know now is that powder coating those doors should be a given...but someday....Maybe....but I dont think that matters enough for some to stay on board.

sounds like there is alot of PIST OFF buyers that are pulling their orders

#288 6 years ago

sounds like there is alot of PIST OFF buyers that are pulling their orders

Really nothing to get PIST about as interest that would have been earned on the deposit is pretty much negligible.

#289 6 years ago

As the most vocal of the CE buyers and knowing what you know now if Jack guaranteed powder coated coin doors as a replacement for the lost features would you still be in Richie?

#290 6 years ago

sounds like there is a lot of PIST OFF buyers

Or off-piste buyers...

offpiste-skiing-courmayeur (resized).jpgoffpiste-skiing-courmayeur (resized).jpg

#291 6 years ago

Here's the new game vs the old.

comparison (resized).jpgcomparison (resized).jpg

#292 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Really nothing to get PIST about as interest that would have been earned on the deposit is pretty much negligible.

What does happen to some is that they passed on other opportunities waiting for POTC, so sometimes that can suck!

#293 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It is not the money, especially for a lot of us CE buyers. We were prepared to pay a premium price for a premium product. We were excited about something we had never seen before. Now that is not gonna happen, yeah sure I'm disappointed and PIST. I spent a couple grand to go to Vegas to play the game at a trade show because we were excited and wanted to play before pay. JJP can drop the price but for us that is not the main issue, wanted the WOW of the triple discs and JJP sold the shit out of that feature from day one.

So don't tell me "really nothing to get PIST about". Plus I really want JJP to thrive -- I have been there supporting them from a day one, paid in full WOZECLE.

Also lots of people have non-refundable deposits, can they get your permission to be PIST?

You are probably advised to not post on here telling others how to feel who have their own hard earned money invested in more than just a deposit.

#294 6 years ago

I AM REALLY SURPRISED BY ALL OF THIS......
THERE IS ALOT OF BUYERS DROPPING OFF LIKE DEAD FLIES AROUND AN OPEN CAN OF RAID.....
NOT BY EVERYONE DECISIONS...BUT BY JJP...I WOULD THKNK THEY WOULD STEP BACK AND DELAY THE GAME AND MAKE THOSE FEATURES WORK....BUT MAYBE I AM MISSING SOMETHING....

Richie, can you do a service call on your keyboard and use your wrench to fix the cap lock button on your keyboard .. it appears to be stuck on!

PS. I’m not PIST about it, I was just asking.

#295 6 years ago
Quoted from pindome:

Also lots of people have non-refundable deposits, can they get your permission to be PIST?

I was under the assumption from what I read here all deposits were refundable. I guess that's why we should never "assume". From the bottom of my heart, I apologize.

#296 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I was under the assumption from what I read here all deposits were refundable. I guess that's why we should never "assume". From the bottom of my heart, I apologize.

It is being reported that many of the European distributors required substantial non-refundable deposits.

#297 6 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

It is being reported that many of the European distributors required substantial non-refundable deposits.

I was trying to get an answer of a possible refund as of sunday, and a definitive refund as of today. I just get no answer and I mailed and called.

It is true they sold it as non-refundable in the first place, but the machine has changed substantially. This was not to be expected at all and I would not even have considered a refund if they would not have done that.

All in all this whole thing puts me off of pinball, and I do not mean just this incident from JJP. Every time there is something wrong or changes for the worse or takes longer than expected. I need a time-out but first I have to try to get my refund.

#298 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

I was trying to get an answer of a possible refund as of sunday, and a definitive refund as of today. I just get no answer and I mailed and called.
It is true they sold it as non-refundable in the first place, but the machine has changed substantially. This was not to be expected at all and I would not even have considered a refund if they would not have done that.
All in all this whole thing puts me off of pinball, and I do not mean just this incident from JJP. Every time there is something wrong or changes for the worse or takes longer than expected. I need a time-out but first I have to try to get my refund.

I suggest that you can avoid much of these problems if you purchase games that have already been on the market for a few months and are in stock at the distributor. In this way you still get a modern game, but one that has a proven (if short) history of fun and reliability.

#299 6 years ago

I suggest that you can avoid much of these problems if you purchase games that have already been on the market for a few months and are in stock at the distributor. In this way you still get a modern game, but one that has a proven (if short) history of fun and reliability.

Hi, thanks for the advice, but that is excactly why I need a time-out. So that the somewhat older machines are the new ones

#300 6 years ago

I've been starting to think that way as well. I cancelled my Pirates preorder and I'm ordering a Dialed In LE instead. Since Dialed In has been out for a while the latest built games have all of the latest fixes in it and most bugs worked out. At these prices I don't want to deal with fix kits or other issues from the first batch or two of games. This goes for any new game regardless of the manufacturer. I'm sure at least a few things will change from early Pirates production games to those made next year.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 38.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Wanted
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 1,187 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-potc-collectors-edition/page/6?hl=georgeh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.