New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 200133)

JJP POTC-CE Collector's Edition

By RichieWrench

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,183 posts
  • 166 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by RichieWrench
  • Topic is favorited by 43 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 351 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Richie_Wrench_02-01 (resized).jpg
EA0B589E-3612-489F-9615-D3D5C4E27716 (resized).jpeg
58A0F1E1-8929-4469-9974-12D28E6451EB (resized).jpeg
4D73B057-E480-455B-BE44-865DA5974C29 (resized).jpeg
484B99D9-E9D4-41EF-82AE-528033F6BCD3 (resized).jpeg
88DDDA75-31C4-42B5-8D46-46CEF26B2B3D (resized).jpeg
B9FE6C20-82B0-438C-B6D7-C053D22A5D96 (resized).jpeg
51E7244B-00F6-4EB0-B591-B36EF4FB67BE (resized).jpeg
59F33700-17DC-487F-9702-4BDC8220499B (resized).jpeg
10A11C47-3FF6-4192-9791-240ACEEECB97 (resized).jpeg
BC53B7C8-7FF3-4CDB-903C-0217C2ED704C (resized).jpeg
22780689-6432-4F17-97B9-D48CC565DFA6 (resized).jpeg
B5A66C1E-59FF-4158-85B5-C2857B28478B (resized).jpeg
1EF91C26-FE26-40A3-9C57-BE2EE0E86DFB (resized).jpeg
4A86BFAD-0539-491E-8FC4-18BDD9250CF8 (resized).jpeg
C10F521D-5679-4FBD-B89C-E29547B1E11A (resized).jpeg

There are 1183 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 24.
#201 2 years ago

As this will be one of the best pins of all time the ce is definitely worth it for the topper,cabnit art ,playfield and yes even the barnacles, which mean people can't just make one by adding rails or toys. The fact only 200 are being made (25 in oz) make it even more special ! I don't want to sound greedy but I would love to see a custom shooter rod and sword flippers (and of course a powder coated coin door ) they're so close to having everything covered. I want a pinball that doesn't need or want modding .counting down the days -don't know how many , can't wait .

#202 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

They are charging a lot for the CE and there is a recognition within the company that for that money these folks needs some exclusivity that many of them enjoy as part of the purchase

Since you put it that way, I agree!

#203 2 years ago
Quoted from c508:

“visit our show room, bring your kids

Lucky for me I am pretty close to you Richie, so I can come and check out your store! Unfortunately for you I don't need any plumbing work so I would just be coming to play pinball! LOL
That will be a cool wrap though on the work van!

#204 2 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Lucky for me I am pretty close to you Richie, so I can come and check out your store! Unfortunately for you I don't need any plumbing work so I would just be coming to play pinball! LOL
That will be a cool wrap though on the work van!

He had a great public party (customers, pinsiders, family, and random people who were walking by and wondered what the hullabaloo was about) last October! Fingers crossed he does it again in 2018. Regardless, richiewrench is a friendly guy who loves to play and talk pinball, so I’m sure if you asked he’d be happy to let you know a good time to stop by.

#205 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Has there been any release of info on the LE topper yet?

No images yet, but I was told this last weekend that it will be laser-etched like the RR WOZ topper.

#206 2 years ago

Any shipping dates been mentioned yet?

#207 2 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

No images yet, but I was told this last weekend that it will be laser-etched like the RR WOZ topper.

RRWOZ topper is not laser etched. The standard and ECLE ones are though.

#208 2 years ago

HEY GUYS -- HERE IS THE BIG VAN GRAPHICS PROOFS

WHAT YOU THINK???

I TOLD FASTSIGNS THAT THEY NEED TO DO SOMETHING IN THE FRONT VIEW -- TOO PLAIN.....

Yes -- 23 1/2 Hour Service -- NOT 24 HOURS

I NEED TO EAT......

72094e65-30f0-42dc-adb0-3031ff57c11a_3_Proof (resized).jpg

72094e65-30f0-42dc-adb0-3031ff57c11a_4_Proof (resized).jpg

72094e65-30f0-42dc-adb0-3031ff57c11a_5_Proof (resized).jpg

72094e65-30f0-42dc-adb0-3031ff57c11a_6_Proof (resized).jpg

#209 2 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

WHAT YOU THINK???
I TOLD FASTSIGNS THAT THEY NEED TO DO SOMETHING IN THE FRONT VIEW -- TOO PLAIN.....
I NEED TO EAT......

Wow. That looks incredible. A wise business investment that will return on your investment. I like how you matched the entire truck for a finished look. Makes me think of a certain game with an unfinished coin door.......

#210 2 years ago

Penciling over the “24 hour’ with “23 1/2” makes me smile.

Don’t forget to mount a Richie Wrench bobble-head on the dash!

#211 2 years ago

WHAT YOU THINK???
I NEED TO EAT......

I can't believe you didn't powder coat your license plate door. Just sayin'

#212 2 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

THATS THE FUNNIEST THING I HAVE HEARD ALL DAY!!!!!

#213 2 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

100 thumbs up on this one ! Hallelujah!!! Lmao. Suck it Richie ! Dammit that license plate area just looks so unfinished !!! And people are going to think the pinball habitrail is somebody’s colon and they are passing a kidney stone and blocking the toilet Richie Wrench gets called to fix.

Joking of course but it’s fun to bust your chops my friend - the van looks amazing !

#214 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

100 thumbs up on this one ! Hallelujah!!! Lmao. Suck it Richie ! Dammit that license plate area just looks so unfinished !!! And people are going to think the pinball habitrail is somebody’s colon and they are passing a kidney stone and blocking the toilet Richie Wrench gets called to fix.
Joking of course but it’s fun to bust your chops my friend - the van looks amazing !

Your his distributor? I can picture that email/text thread.

Good to finally meet you in person at TPF. -Adam

#215 2 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Your his distributor? I can picture that email/text thread.
Good to finally meet you in person at TPF. -Adam

Hey Adam - Yup I'm the lucky guy : )~

Great meeting you too !

Joe

#216 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Okay -- Okay

First -- THIS IS JUST A PROOF -- NOT A FINISH PRODUCT

My Van is actually a blue color so you wont see the white edges or hindges on the truck. One of the reasons that I got a blue truck so it blends with the wrap better.

Now that I see some of you have mentioned the plate - I will make sure that I make it a point to powder coat that plate. I will do my best on that and want to thank those that have brought that to my attention -- If only others will do that on those coin doors from the factory.

Oh Well -- -- HEY JOE -- Are we getting a dinner for this game. Have not see the invite for the other CE Game?

#217 2 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

I will find a metal one and get that done now for sure...lol

#218 2 years ago

Great news on hearing all of the side rails will be covered in barnacles. Would love to see gold coins -treasure, octopus or even sea slugs thrown in the mix.
PS sharp looking van

#219 2 years ago

Now that I see some of you have mentioned the plate - I will make sure that I make it a point to powder coat that plate. I will do my best on that and want to thank those that have brought that to my attention -- If only others will do that on those coin doors from the factory.

The rims! They are the ugliest part of the truck - did everyone miss that? That's like the legs of a pinball machine being ... not even chrome. I think a shiny blue chrome powder coating on those would look good. Just sayin ...

#220 2 years ago

Agreed, rims need powdercoat. Then Titan super tires for the rubbers.

#221 2 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

The rims! They are the ugliest part of the truck - did everyone miss that?...

Totally fixable...

Tire Lites (resized).JPG

#222 2 years ago

Where can I find video of the topper?

#223 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Where can I find video of the topper?

Here's some

1 week later
#224 2 years ago

Sad to say but unless Richie Rich has some Serious pull with Joe and JJP their recent announcement to Remove many of the key features of the game as sold has me looking to jump ship per say on this CE investment. Really, getting rid of the spinning map and replacing it with a pizza without lights? Please tell me this is a joke. I can accept the removal of the chest feature but with the spinning disks gone they Really should re-evaluate the pricing or fix Erics original plan which was Perfect!

#225 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Sad to say but unless Richie Rich has some Serious pull with Joe and JJP their recent announcement to Remove many of the key features of the game as sold has me looking to jump ship per say on this CE investment. Really, getting rid of the spinning map and replacing it with a pizza without lights? Please tell me this is a joke. I can accept the removal of the chest feature but with the spinning disks gone they Really should re-evaluate the pricing or fix Erics original plan which was Perfect!

Yea i dont think this is gonna go over well bc of the crazy price and so many other options coming out....

#226 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

What announcement is that? Is there a link to it? I haven't seen anything and I'm in for CE ...for now...

#227 2 years ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

What announcement is that? Is there a link to it? I haven't seen anything and I'm in for CE ...for now...

You might want to check out the announcement before the ink drys on that check..... Hope CE deposits are redly refundable for me also.

#228 2 years ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

#229 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

» YouTube video

Sorry Eric, Minor Tweaks is Not what I would define happened here. Removing some barnacle from the lock bar would be a minor Tweak!

#230 2 years ago

They were expensive mechs so seems likely the BOM had to be reduced.

#231 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

They were expensive mechs so seems likely the BOM had to be reduced.

Sorry, at 12.5k they could make this work! Other companies maybe not but this is just a fail.

#232 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Sorry, at 12.5k they could make this work! Other companies maybe not but this is just a fail.

Even 9500 for the le sld be plenty to cover it. Its actually not that complicated.

#233 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

getting rid of the spinning map and replacing it with a pizza without lights? !

That's exactly what it looks like.they can't get the lid on a box to go up and down? Next the topper won't move and the rocking ship will be static will watch the next stream to see what it's like but for almost 20k aud for the ce I could get 2 pins .very disappointed!

#234 2 years ago

Man o man.. waiting to see the stream...my hand is already on the plug and ready to pull.. Disc looks like crap and not spending 12.5 k if this stays....or 9.5k for that matter when I will be starring at this...

#235 2 years ago

From collector edition to crap edition with a single decision.

#236 2 years ago

Same here
Waiting for Wednesday and am ready to cancel
This sucks

#237 2 years ago

Eric said they couldn't get spinnng disk 100%. Ok fine, but how reliable is it - 80%, 90%? That's probably close enough for most of us. or does the mech freeze up after 5000 plays? Fine, include a spare mech with each new game. Heck, throw in a spare motor and a set of three replacement disks too. Does it catch on fire when left on > 20 hours? Ok, add smoke detector and fire extinguisher with each goodie bag. Just how bad could the spinning disk mech be? How about reconsidering this one JJP, and approaching it from another angle? The spinning disk functionality added a new and cutting edge functionality. As heard on MM pinball machines around the world as a bic lighter flicks off, "they took our pinball machines"!

#238 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Sorry Eric, Minor Tweaks is Not what I would define happened here. Removing some barnacle from the lock bar would be a minor Tweak!

Agree, these proposed changes are a significant downgrade. If I still go forward with the purchase, I think it will forever annoy me to look at the spinning pizza knowing what it should have been.

#239 2 years ago

Not good news at all! I've patiently been waiting for my CE but this may be a deal breaker for me. I will wait for more info so please make it right....

#240 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

Agree, these proposed changes are a significant downgrade. If I still go forward with the purchase, I think it will forever annoy me to look at the spinning pizza knowing what it should have been.

And that there is a decoupled arm in your chest that will never lift/close a lid...

#241 2 years ago

I don't care about a discounted price when they have ruined the look of the center of the game...sorry. ...discount wont change ugly...hope this is a joke

#242 2 years ago

Hey Richie Wrench...
Does this mean we get powder coated coin doors now?

#243 2 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

I don't care about a discounted price when they have ruined the look of the center of the game...sorry. ...discount wont change ugly...hope this is a joke

Unfortunately, it does not appear to be a joke . . . really hope JJP reconsiders this decision.

#244 2 years ago

WOW , that disc looks like poop

#245 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

Unfortunately, it does not appear to be a joke . . . really hope JJP reconsiders this decision.

I,d rather wait until they can make it work , Thats the good thing about refundable deposits.

#246 2 years ago

oh my the concentric discs ? This has got to be a joke?

#247 2 years ago

April 1st was 2 weeks ago

#248 2 years ago

Deposit Canceled today sadly. If anyone is interested in CE #17 it is now available with a free Pizza Spatula! Sorry but this decision is Not what I would call a "few minor Tweaks". So really wanted this game and Sincerely feel bad for Eric. He rocketed toward pinball stardom only to have his visions and creation crushed by poor business decisions. I only hope he will not let this defeat sway his future vision and creativity. He is Very talented. For now CGC is up and no matter what the title I am In!

#250 2 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Dont get to the end of line again. Doh

Funny man Mike! lol This time I'm in the CGC line for ANYTHING they build so long as its not Monster Bash with muppets replacing the character mechs to make them reliable!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 1183 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 24.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside