51E7244B-00F6-4EB0-B591-B36EF4FB67BE (resized).jpeg
59F33700-17DC-487F-9702-4BDC8220499B (resized).jpeg
10A11C47-3FF6-4192-9791-240ACEEECB97 (resized).jpeg
BC53B7C8-7FF3-4CDB-903C-0217C2ED704C (resized).jpeg
22780689-6432-4F17-97B9-D48CC565DFA6 (resized).jpeg
B5A66C1E-59FF-4158-85B5-C2857B28478B (resized).jpeg
1EF91C26-FE26-40A3-9C57-BE2EE0E86DFB (resized).jpeg
4A86BFAD-0539-491E-8FC4-18BDD9250CF8 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,187 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 24.
#151 6 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

If it came with a custom shooter rod that would be good

That would be nice -- But not going to happen....

#152 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Agreed! I wish #RichieWrench would Get On That and stop slacking! Even at $3500, test me with the factory upgrade cost you might be surprised how many opt for the correct package.

It should be a upgrade package -- Or in my opinion be included for those that pay the TOP PRICE for these games.

COME ON JJP AND OTHERS COMPANIES AS WELL -- I am not asking for much here -- Just have the SAME COMPANY that is making the legs, apron and siderails -- Do the Doors as well.

I remember early in my collecting days (which was not that too far back) that you either had a local powder coating company trick out metal or you sent in your parts to be done by someone like Matt with Back Alley -- My point is this --- Companies like Stern, CGC, JJP and others saw that the PowderCoating was something that ALOT of us collectors and those that just play the games for fun - We opting for the powdercoating. So you started to see these companies to do what others did and included it in their LE packages,

Okay -- SO LETS TAKE A LOOK AT THAT -- Back then the price increase was maybe 1000 or so for a LE Package - and your got the powder coating and some other features.

NOW -- ITS LIKE 3500 Plus for the Collectors Edition Package -- I do see value on some of these games and it comes down to what will you pay for your hard earn money. I am just saying that for 12,500.00, and to not do the coin door is just CRAZY -- ESPECIALLY ON THIS ONE -- IT IS GOING TO LOOK LIKE S%!T.

But with that said and with all the love I have for Joe and JJP and other companies as well -- I will pay for the doors to be done. But I will say this -- I think that it does get to a point that where the bubble will bust and that you go too far and to not do things like paying attention to the details, you can loose your customers.

I know that I did a poll and the results were shocking to me on how ALOT do not want to have there doors done.

BUT I WILL SAY THIS -- I BET IF YOU GET ALL 150 TO 200 OF THE COLLECTORS EDITIONS OWNERS TOGETHER IN ONE ROOM AND TAKE THAT SAME POLL.....I BET THE RESULTS WOULD BE WAY DIFFERENT.

IT NEEDS TO BE A OPTION -- ITS NEEDS TO BE AN UPGRADE OPTION. BUT IT NEEDS TO BE INCLUDED FOR THOSE THAT ARE PAYING THE 12,500.00 AND FOR THOSE OF THE LE MODELS ADD IT AS AN UPGRADE MAYBE -- BUT THERE NEEDS TO SOMETHING DONE ON THIS GAME -

I AM GOING TO BE HONEST -- I REALLY GOING TO BE SHOCKED THAT IF THAT DO THE SIDE RAILS, SHOOTER HOUSING, LEGS, HINGES AND ALL OF THAT IS POWDER COATED AND NOT THE DOOR -- COME ON -- REALLY!!!!!

Now, I am not getting my hopes up and I pretty much sure I know what is going to happen, But Maybe, Just Maybe someone in UPPER MANAGEMENT @ JJP is reading this and seeing the other comments -- Maybe a change will coming down the road, if not for this game -- Maybe for the others.

Thanks to all for reading my comments - Means alot for those that support my comments and for those that DO NOT -- I understand as well

We all have fun here and I really do LOVE THIS HOBBY and I have ALL MY GAMES OUT FOR THE PUBLIC / CUSTOMERS (except for a few at my house in my basement) to enjoy. They love it and enjoy the games. Regardless if the door is done or not. But this is my passion and just want the best for these games and want ALL OF US to get what is best for us as collectors for our hard earn money.

Thanks again

#153 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Richie, it's time for your 1am call to Joe. Paging Richie. Those coin doors aren't going to happen magically! That would be like a white Kohler toilet with a pink tank cover. Come on push Harder!!!

Just text Joe that I am leaving for Texas today -- I will try to push -- We ALL need to PUSH HARDER - I think it will happen someday.

#154 6 years ago

Quoted from RichieWrench:That would be nice -- But not going to happen....

Just like coin doors you have to start somewhere

#155 6 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Just like coin doors you have to start somewhere

I AGREE - Would be cheaper as well.....just seeing that black knob is just not right....needs to be different as well.

#156 6 years ago

WEIRD....

I HAVE NOT HEARD BACK FROM JOE YET TONIGHT.....

#157 6 years ago

What does everyone think of the Aztec gold coin

#158 6 years ago

How long does it take to asphyxiate someone ? Asking for a friend...

FBA2D2FB-D471-4ED6-A181-8D8649D42FCA (resized).jpegFBA2D2FB-D471-4ED6-A181-8D8649D42FCA (resized).jpeg

#159 6 years ago

I'm glad to see that code of chivalry was respected, even amongst Pirates. Is that gentleman in the back Richie's Second? What will be the weapon of choice for the duel?
Smallsword, rapier or pistols?

PS: The Seconds's parrot looks inbred.

#160 6 years ago

Any comments/opinions on the CE trim shown at TPF? I think I read that trim is not “final” but I’m not a fan of this at all. I’m a DICE owner but Will not keep my potcce deposit if it looks anything like this. Can we remove barnacles and do nice flakes powder coat on trim and coin door instead? What do you guys think?

CCA23D1E-07F8-44A8-BD31-ABFEAE13179C (resized).jpegCCA23D1E-07F8-44A8-BD31-ABFEAE13179C (resized).jpeg

2A52E20D-665B-4B11-9BFC-BF6B989B01BF (resized).jpeg2A52E20D-665B-4B11-9BFC-BF6B989B01BF (resized).jpeg

#161 6 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Any comments/opinions on the CE trim shown at TPF? I think I read that trim is not “final” but I’m not a fan of this at all. I’m a DICE owner but Will not keep my potcce deposit if it looks anything like this. Can we remove barnacles and do nice flakes powder coat on trim and coin door instead? What do you guys think?

I agree with you - I get what they were going for, but man, to me it just looks awful.

#162 6 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

I agree with you - I get what they were going for, but man, to me it just looks awful.

A very subtle barnacle around the Lock bar button (maybe done in metal??) would be enough IMO

#163 6 years ago

Looks like some kind of plastic sponge bob square pants happy meal toy slapped onto a 12.5k dollar machine.

The cabinet should have been the black pearl with cannons that light and fire when cannons are shot in the game.

The game has a good bit of black pearl in the machine so a CE art pkg based on it would have been cool.

Cheesy to say the least!

#164 6 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

A very subtle barnacle around the Lock bar button (maybe done in metal??) would be enough IMO

I bet Jack adjust based on opinions expressed,he listens and changes when they need to

#165 6 years ago

Has there been any release of info on the LE topper yet?

#166 6 years ago

I hate the barnacles and starfish on the CE game but the topper is cool. Not enough though for the extra 3k and having all the 'ornaments' on the game. So, I have ordered an LE. But, I always say to each his own so to you 'CE" guys, enjoy your game! I know all versions (CE, LE and SE) will be great!

#167 6 years ago

I went for the LE also. I’d be happy to pay for a CE if I loved it. But I just have that gross feeling about the barnacle’s.

I’d pay a lot for that topper alone. They are missing some cash from LE owners.

#168 6 years ago

i agree, barnacles on the lockbar is fine and could be carved off metal not cheap plastic (but at least it suits well as it is)
and yes the barnacles side rails are just like something from spongebob goodies and look very cheap stuff glued on those rails and rdy to be ripped off easely

give CE buyer somethin better and cheaper to look at !

#169 6 years ago

Why not just have a do it yourself kit so you can anchor your trim off a salt-water pier for a couple months while you wait for delivery?

Everyone would have a nice unique barnacle and natural rust patina.

#170 6 years ago

Is that a Eugene Crabs crabby patty special on the left side? Lol

Joking aside, it would be nice if they offered the topper for LE owners as well, even if at a high price and a limited amount. My enough to cover 30% of LE buyers.

Just thinking out loud and I don’t think it would in anyway diminish the CE as it has some other unique features to it which set it apart.

Maybe it would make the LE feel a little more LE?

#171 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Looks like some kind of plastic sponge bob square pants happy meal toy slapped onto a 12.5k dollar machine.
The cabinet should have been the black pearl with cannons that light and fire when cannons are shot in the game.
The game has a good bit of black pearl in the machine so a CE art pkg based on it would have been cool.
Cheesy to say the least!

They are saving the black pearl art for next year. The “black” edition. Last year was arrow, next year will be pearl.

#172 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Is that a Eugene Crabs crabby patty special on the left side? Lol
Joking aside, it would be nice if they offered the topper for LE owners as well, even if at a high price and a limited amount. My enough to cover 30% of LE buyers.
Just thinking out loud and I don’t think it would in anyway diminish the CE as it has some other unique features to it which set it apart.
Maybe it would make the LE feel a little more LE?

The topper Is available for LE buyers. It's 3k! #17 likes what Matt did on the accent barnacle personally. A nice touch and with the legs etc I think it will complete the look nicely.

#173 6 years ago

Did not like the barnacles myself, topper is cool though.

#174 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The topper Is available for LE buyers. It's 3k! #17 likes what Matt did on the accent barnacle personally. A nice touch and with the legs etc I think it will complete the look nicely.

Where did you see this about the topper?

#175 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Where did you see this about the topper?

Umph. I was joking that you Could pay an additional 3k for a CE and get a Free topper. lol

#176 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

They are saving the black pearl art for next year. The “black” edition. Last year was arrow, next year will be pearl.

That is spot on. Almost a guarantee.

#177 6 years ago

In on a CE with Joe, would trade in these Spongebob barnacles for powder coated coindoor in a heartbeat

#178 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Umph. I was joking that you Could pay an additional 3k for a CE and get a Free topper. lol

Yeah I hear ya, the sponge bob barnacles are a no go for me. Doesn’t fit the machine in my opinion.

#179 6 years ago

Topper should be an option for LE buyers!

#180 6 years ago

I’ve only seen photos of them, but I like the barnacles. I just like that it’s adding some texture to the machine.

#181 6 years ago

+1 Black Pearl CE. I’m in on a CE, but don’t care for the green barnacle look.

#182 6 years ago

Barnacles are def horrible first thing I will remove .

#183 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Won't happen... They are charging a lot for the CE and there is a recognition within the company that for that money these folks needs some exclusivity that many of them enjoy as part of the purchase, to take that away on a money grab would not have been cool. There was some initial discussion right after the reveal (My opinion was asked the Monday after Expo to be exact) about raising the number of CEs once they sold so well and the topper being for sale and yes, JJP could have raked in more money for sure, but they did the right thing and stuck to what they announced to their credit. On the other hand the topper is very cool, but it adds value to those folks paying a lot of money. I commend JJP for doing the right thing there.

#184 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Won't happen... They are charging a lot for the CE and there is a recognition within the company that for that money these folks needs some exclusivity that many of them enjoy as part of the purchase, to take that away on a money grab would not have been cool. There was some initial discussion right after the reveal (My opinion was asked the Monday after Expo to be exact) about raising the number of CEs once they sold so well and the topper being for sale and yes, JJP could have raked in more money for sure, but they did the right thing and stuck to what they announced to their credit. On the other hand the topper is very cool, but it adds value to those folks paying a lot of money. I commend JJP for doing the right thing there.

So when can we expect a Black Pearl SE announcement?

#185 6 years ago

Barnacles do not look good.

Would have preferred special side rails with treasure and gold coins - etched to make it look classy.

#186 6 years ago

Or maybe siderails shaped like this down the cabinet.

Would be expensive to do but that is kind of the point

81bttFK75uL._SX355_ (resized).jpg81bttFK75uL._SX355_ (resized).jpg

#187 6 years ago

I like it!

1_l (resized).jpg1_l (resized).jpg

#188 6 years ago

Rails legs and head made out of drift wood could have been pretty cool.

#189 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

There was some initial discussion right after the reveal (My opinion was asked the Monday after Expo to be exact) about raising the number of CEs once they sold so well and the topper being for sale and yes, JJP could have raked in more money for sure, but they did the right thing and stuck to what they announced to their credit. On the other hand the topper is very cool, but it adds value to those folks paying a lot of money. I commend JJP for doing the right thing there.

#190 6 years ago

This would be a lot cooler if they went this route instead of the barnacles...hydro graphic ink

#191 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

They wouldn’t sell CEs if they did this. I sure as hell wouldn’t buy one. Does make you wonder how they would do if they just did a single option with all the bells and whistles for 9000 or so.

#192 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

As it should be........good grief..

#193 6 years ago

Hey Guys and Gals -- First Promo of my company where I am incorporating a Pinball Theme with my plumbing company.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#194 6 years ago

I am also going to wrap one of my vehicles where I am using this background effect -- Much bigger scale and more graphics...I will post previews later.

The above pic is for a pull up banner for my office.

#195 6 years ago

Okay so back on topic -- Where were we -- Coin Door -- NOPE....Need a break away from that ....FOR NOW...

I have mix feeling on the barnacles -- I love MATT's Work -- but I am waiting to see the final product -- I know that this is not a finish deal

Let wait and see what they do and HOPEFULLY we will see it before it is packaged and shipped out.

#196 6 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Okay so back on topic -- Where were we -- Coin Door -- NOPE....Need a break away from that ....FOR NOW...
I have mix feeling on the barnacles -- I love MATT's Work -- but I am waiting to see the final product -- I know that this is not a finish deal
Let wait and see what they do and HOPEFULLY we will see it before it is packaged and shipped out.

Agreed. Maybe Matt can use the coin door as his canvas to practice on! Loving the Co imagery. I will look for it (and hope I don't need it) around town. Just ran through the old Bloomington area visiting a past friend from Stage 1 where Gene used to hang out. long ago... If my toilet overflows you'll be my Second call after Joe!

#197 6 years ago

?????????

I don't get it.

Hey Guys and Gals -- First Promo of my company where I am incorporating a Pinball Theme with my plumbing company.

pinball_plumbing (resized).jpgpinball_plumbing (resized).jpg

#198 6 years ago

First Promo of my company where I am incorporating a Pinball Theme with my plumbing company.

When i think of plumbing, I always think about pinball.

#199 6 years ago

RichieWrench I like the integration idea, but would add a line of text emphasizing “visit our show room, bring your kids and they can pass the time with our collection of free pinball machines” or whatever...

Adding a pinball to the graphic is nice, but people who are not in the hobby are likely to think it is plumbing hardware (or possibly that Richie is an alien since the big ball with wireform kind of looks like a UFO).

Also, the banner needs more powder-coating!

#200 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

?????????
I don't get it.

Quoted from c508:

richiewrench I like the integration idea, but would add a line of text emphasizing “visit our show room, bring your kids and they can pass the time with our collection of free pinball machines” or whatever...
Adding a pinball to the graphic is nice, but people who are not in the hobby are likely to think it is plumbing hardware (or possibly that Richie is an alien since the big ball with wireform kind of looks like a UFO).
Also, the banner needs more powder-coating!

I LIKE THAT - I WILL GET THAT INTO OUR WEBSITE AND PHONE BOOKS ADS WHEN THEY COME BACK UP FOR RENEWAL

GREAT IDEA -- THANKS

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 38.00
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,187 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-potc-collectors-edition/page/4?hl=georgeh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.