51E7244B-00F6-4EB0-B591-B36EF4FB67BE (resized).jpeg
59F33700-17DC-487F-9702-4BDC8220499B (resized).jpeg
10A11C47-3FF6-4192-9791-240ACEEECB97 (resized).jpeg
BC53B7C8-7FF3-4CDB-903C-0217C2ED704C (resized).jpeg
22780689-6432-4F17-97B9-D48CC565DFA6 (resized).jpeg
B5A66C1E-59FF-4158-85B5-C2857B28478B (resized).jpeg
1EF91C26-FE26-40A3-9C57-BE2EE0E86DFB (resized).jpeg
4A86BFAD-0539-491E-8FC4-18BDD9250CF8 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,187 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 24.
#51 6 years ago

Here is the playfield for the collector's edition....

20171013_201032 (resized).jpg20171013_201032 (resized).jpg

#52 6 years ago

that playfield is worth 3000 not having johnny depp on there!

#53 6 years ago

Anyone on the fence for a ce should consider it quickly. I have gone through half my initial purchase (10) already and that's just from calls received. My emails will go out tomorrow after I recover from two very long (but so exciting) days.

Others have said it over and over already, but I am so proud of what my brother and the jjp team have put together here. Simply amazing. Can't wait to get my personal ce (brothers first designed game, how could I not get it?) In the house and put my super cool accents by it.

Richie, you may have a plunger wheeling mascot, but I have the VERY FIRST EVER (Eric Meunier designed) WHITEWOOD (main and upper) SIGNED AND DATED PLAYFIELD SET!!!

It is so cool to have a piece of modern history.

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Anyone on the fence for a ce should consider it quickly. I have gone through half my initial purchase (10) already and that's just from calls received. My emails will go out tomorrow after I recover from two very long (but so exciting) days.
Others have said it over and over already, but I am so proud of what my brother and the jjp team have put together here. Simply amazing. Can't wait to get my personal ce (brothers first designed game, how could I not get it?) In the house and put my super cool accents by it.
Richie, you may have a plunger wheeling mascot, but I have the VERY FIRST EVER (Eric Meunier designed) WHITEWOOD (main and upper) SIGNED AND DATED PLAYFIELD SET!!!
It is so cool to have a piece of modern history.

lol...Very Cool. That is a part of history and glad it's stay in the family.

#55 6 years ago

I did ask about the Topper and I guess there is no official decision on if this topper will be exclusive to CE Owners...

Has anyone heard anything more on that topic??

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Rich I heard your shower is not working in your room you can come spruce up in my room bud, I drew you a bath....

I wonder if he will hurt Richie Bobblehead. He will be shipped to u on Monday Joe.....Now don't hurt him
or seem revenge at 3:00 am in the morning.

20170304_105543 (resized).jpg20170304_105543 (resized).jpg

#57 6 years ago
#58 6 years ago

I will love him forever....

Maybe one day I’ll reciprocate... lmao !!!

16891E61-6A6A-4407-AC6E-DCCE6C672256 (resized).jpeg16891E61-6A6A-4407-AC6E-DCCE6C672256 (resized).jpeg

#59 6 years ago

PinballSTAR is working hard all weekend taking orders and answering questions... We are one of the largest JJP distributors and tend to take care of all our pre-order customers early due to the volume we buy... Every single one of our DI customers (close to 100) will have their pre-orders fulfilled by this week already ! We welcome new customers to take care of and we don't disappear after the sale - we have the reputation we have for a reason... We also support the hobby - do shows, charity work, have parties, sponsor tournaments and are very active in supporting the hobby.

Have questions or interested in ordering POTC ? Email us - we'll get right back to you day, nights, weekends...

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
570-357-0042

[email protected]

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

I'm In again CE #21

Thanks Eric - can't wait to get you another CE ! Thanks for your confidence !
Joe

#61 6 years ago

it does look like the Topper for the CE is exclusive to the CE only and the LE models get a laser topper.....

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

i don't know... the joe i saw in person looked a little bigger around the body and a lot more tired... probably from answer texts and email at silly hours of the night.

joe, if you want you can call Spooky Tech support and they will tell you how to put your phone on "Do Not Disturb" mode from say 11pm to 6am or something. Those are good guys over there.

#63 6 years ago

Is there any video of the ship in a bottle topper in action?

#64 6 years ago

Search youtube - there's one I think from buffalo that shows the topper. It's great but too expensive for me.

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Is there any video of the ship in a bottle topper in action?

On pinballstars fb page

#66 6 years ago

Art detail as well.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#67 6 years ago

Starfish beachy thing is getting even worse the more I look at it.

#68 6 years ago

I want a Richie bobble head..........and a Joe bobble head.

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Starfish beachy thing is getting even worse the more I look at it.

Have to agree - it looks like a bad mod idea. I don't think it adds anything, and potentially takes away from it.

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Have to agree - it looks like a bad mod idea. I don't think it adds anything, and potentially takes away from it.

I have the opposite reaction - I think it looks really cool and adds to the CE unlike DI which was basically the same (less topper). I really like what they've done with the CE.

#71 6 years ago

didn't think I wanted in on this one at first, but now seeing the videos from buffalo and the SDTM guys now im thinking of sending joe more of my hard earned money!! but dang, 12,500.00 ... im thinking if I wait long enough they will be sold out of the CE's then it wont matter... LOL

im really not a wide body fan, but the reviews are saying it really doesn't play like a widebody!!!

grrrrrr....... what to do , what to do... Mr. Jersey Jack, you are KILLING me...

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

DANG IT....No Powder Coating on the Coin Door......$%^&!!!!
Oh Well...that will keep Matt @ Back Alley that much more busier.

You mean like this?

hobbittc (resized).JPGhobbittc (resized).JPG

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I have the opposite reaction - I think it looks really cool and adds to the CE unlike DI which was basically the same (less topper). .

Ah good I thought it was on all of them.

#74 6 years ago

TheLaw has a allergic reaction to barnacles.

#75 6 years ago

Sadly there is no vaccination for barnacles around my action button

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#76 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Is this Joe??? Where is the gray hair??? - This must be from 20 years ago

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

didn't think I wanted in on this one at first, but now seeing the videos from buffalo and the SDTM guys now im thinking of sending joe more of my hard earned money!! but dang, 12,500.00 ... im thinking if I wait long enough they will be sold out of the CE's then it wont matter... LOL
im really not a wide body fan, but the reviews are saying it really doesn't play like a widebody!!!
grrrrrr....... what to do , what to do... Mr. Jersey Jack, you are KILLING me...

Troy here sent me the best email ever... No explanation just said Dammit then called me a F&%(er and I'm like Troy, what's wrong, being a customer and friend I was concerned... And next email he says 'you guys keep making me spend money' and paypal'd me a $ 1000 for a CE... I pissed my pants and took his money... Just so everyone knows if you order a game you are welcome to call me whatever you want. It's cool...

#78 6 years ago

Is this Joe??? Where is the gray hair??? - This must be from 20 years ago

Ok Chris - yes I used to be in slightly better shape - I actually played ice hockey, ran 1/2 marathons, and was a boxer not too long ago, then I started PinballSTAR and well, you know... Stop bobble shaming me...

Richie - ya I've got grey - FROM YOU, YOU BASTARD ! : )

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Troy here sent me the best email ever... No explanation just said Dammit then called me a F&%(er and I'm like Troy, what's wrong, being a customer and friend I was concerned... And next email he says 'you guys keep making me spend money' and paypal'd me a $ 1000 for a CE... I pissed my pants and took his money... Just so everyone knows if you order a game you are welcome to call me whatever you want. It's cool...

You never answer my calls.

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

... Stop bobble shaming me...
Richie - ya I've got grey - FROM YOU, YOU BASTARD ! : )

Reminds me of talking in the major leagues.

#81 6 years ago

Here is the playfield for the collector's edition....

I'm surprised you guys prefer squidface over Captain Jack. Is it because Johnny Depp is a jackass in real life?

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Call or text???

I guess I am on a timeout for a bit...trying to give Joe some breathing room...before I start my rants. But really don't have anything to say on this one...I am in and I am glad the Topper is exclusive or at least I think it is for the CE Owners

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

'Joe why doesn't Jack have little pirates on the ship in the bottle, that's BS man, somebody's got to steer'
etc....

Where's the Jack the dead monkey in the bottle Joe ?

LTG : )

#84 6 years ago

I've ordered CEs of DI and POTC

#85 6 years ago

Call or text???
I guess I am on a timeout for a bit...trying to give Joe some breathing room...before I start my rants. But really don't have anything to say on this one...I am in and I am glad the Topper is exclusive or at least I think it is for the CE Owners

Aren't LE owners getting powder coated coin doors instead, and exclusively? guess not.

#86 6 years ago

So does this one come with a pirate hat instead of a jacket?

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from c508:

So does this one come with a pirate hat instead of a jacket?

It comes with a live monkey

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It comes with a live monkey

i hope it's not the monkey from "Outbreak"

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Aren't LE owners getting powder coated coin doors instead, and exclusively? guess not.

IS THAT TRUE????

JOE!!!!!!!!

#90 6 years ago

IS THAT TRUE????
JOE!!!!!!!!

no, it's just a rumor I was trying to start, figuring you'd appreciate it, sorry
But it is the second time I've said it. So one more time and maybe it will become true.

1 week later
#91 6 years ago
Quoted from KirboTurbo:

They had me at hello. Awesome game! Also, wanted to say how great last night was. Jack, Jen, Eric, Pat, and so many others from JJP that I forget their names, were so nice to talk to. Congratulations JJP! You guys have really got it going on!
Oh, I also got to meet RichieWrench. So that made the night extra special!

It was nice to meet you as well - I made alot of new friends this year. If anyone wants to be put on the list for 2am text messages.....Let me know --- What is weird is that only JOE is on that list.

#92 6 years ago
Quoted from fordtudoor:

You mean like this?

That looks nice - -Good Job -

Now -- I have to ask.....

Who would not like that on their game -- I know there are those out there that do want to have their doors just black and some will even go ahead and change the color no matter what the color is and make it their own unique special game. I know when I get my AFMLE (Green Trim) I am going to have it redone to a special unique color.

But I think this is a good example that the LE or CE's should have the coin doors done -- Add another 250 to the game and call it a day.....

There was a time when those in UPPER MANAGEMENT thought it was a waste of time and money to TRICK out these games and was not taking interest in the powder coating and said it would be a nightmare to have done. Now -- Games are being done -- EXCEPT for the coin doors and I do get it that there is more involved in having these done - So I have been schooled in this process when it comes to the doors.

But let me ask this -- Out of 200 CE Owners -- HOW MANY WOULD SAY NO TO A POWDER COATED COIN DOOR - And At 12,500.00 I would think that there is enough margin in there to have Matt or whoever is doing the powder coating to have these done at that same time as the other parts are being done as well.

I know that if I ever get my way on this -- I would not be satisfied -- because I would also want the leg bolts done as well and then there is the issue on the plain shooter rod and that should be something different as well - but that is why we have those out there that will make those special Mods out there to make us all happy and we can choose which way we want to go so that really most CE Owners will trick out their own game in their own way -- So either way -- I am happy in the quality of the games and enjoy the hobby and most of all I enjoy it most when people come in off the streets and just ask to play the games and to see the young boy and girls come in and their eyes light up when they see these game is all that more special.

Now with all that said -- I promise that if JJP will just powder coat the freakin doors -- I will leave JOE alone at 2:00 am. I have been leaving JOE alone here the last few weeks and promise to give him a break -- But I am about to blast his phone on some comments and ideas that I have.

#93 6 years ago

Sent my deposit to Joe for a CE and can't wait. My deal with him on the Houdini was smooth as silk.

#94 6 years ago

That looks nice - -Good Job -
Now -- I have to ask.....
Who would not like that on their game -- I know there are those out there that do want to have their doors just black and some will even go ahead and change the color no matter what the color is and make it their own unique special game. I know when I get my AFMLE (Green Trim) I am going to have it redone to a special unique color.
But I think this is a good example that the LE or CE's should have the coin doors done -- Add another 250 to the game and call it a day.....
There was a time when those in UPPER MANAGEMENT thought it was a waste of time and money to TRICK out these games and was not taking interest in the powder coating and said it would be a nightmare to have done. Now -- Games are being done -- EXCEPT for the coin doors and I do get it that there is more involved in having these done - So I have been schooled in this process when it comes to the doors.
But let me ask this -- Out of 200 CE Owners -- HOW MANY WOULD SAY NO TO A POWDER COATED COIN DOOR - And At 12,500.00 I would think that there is enough margin in there to have Matt or whoever is doing the powder coating to have these done at that same time as the other parts are being done as well.
I know that if I ever get my way on this -- I would not be satisfied -- because I would also want the leg bolts done as well and then there is the issue on the plain shooter rod and that should be something different as well - but that is why we have those out there that will make those special Mods out there to make us all happy and we can choose which way we want to go so that really most CE Owners will trick out their own game in their own way -- So either way -- I am happy in the quality of the games and enjoy the hobby and most of all I enjoy it most when people come in off the streets and just ask to play the games and to see the young boy and girls come in and their eyes light up when they see these game is all that more special.
Now with all that said -- I promise that if JJP will just powder coat the freakin doors -- I will leave JOE alone at 2:00 am. I have been leaving JOE alone here the last few weeks and promise to give him a break -- But I am about to blast his phone on some comments and ideas that I have.

Totally agree on coin door! Matt is trying to get the powder for coin door on Dialed In CE! Need this done like yesterday as that black coin door is killing me!!

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I'm surprised you guys prefer squidface over Captain Jack. Is it because Johnny Depp is a jackass in real life?

Probably.

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Sent my deposit to Joe for a CE and can't wait. My deal with him on the Houdini was smooth as silk.

Did you receive your Houdini?

#97 6 years ago

on the ce that beautiful sideart covered by the side rails. should have lowered it some and made it smaller or adjusted it to fit better.

#98 6 years ago

IS THAT TRUE????
JOE!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna pay Matt to powder coat your wiener soon... : )

#99 6 years ago

It was nice to meet you as well - I made alot of new friends this year. If anyone wants to be put on the list for 2am text messages.....Let me know --- What is weird is that only JOE is on that list.

Please everyone - text Richie spread the love around - one man alone can't shoulder this burden... I do a lot for this hobby guys - come on help a brother in need out...

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Did you receive your Houdini?

No you know Houdini's haven't shipped just yet... He was referring to my wonderful disposition when I'm accepting money, that part went smooth as silk - it was incredibly easy and painless, no tech support needed at all. : )~

I'm as wonderful during and after the sale too though !

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
30,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
There are 1,187 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-potc-collectors-edition/page/2?hl=vdrums and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.