51E7244B-00F6-4EB0-B591-B36EF4FB67BE (resized).jpeg
59F33700-17DC-487F-9702-4BDC8220499B (resized).jpeg
10A11C47-3FF6-4192-9791-240ACEEECB97 (resized).jpeg
BC53B7C8-7FF3-4CDB-903C-0217C2ED704C (resized).jpeg
22780689-6432-4F17-97B9-D48CC565DFA6 (resized).jpeg
B5A66C1E-59FF-4158-85B5-C2857B28478B (resized).jpeg
1EF91C26-FE26-40A3-9C57-BE2EE0E86DFB (resized).jpeg
4A86BFAD-0539-491E-8FC4-18BDD9250CF8 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,187 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 24.
#1101 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Has anyone replaced their topper motor with something better?

I am thinking of doing the exact same thing, as the noise is excessive to me. The prescribed fix is to crank the speed down to 4-6 but to me it sounds like it’s struggling and a motor with more power might be quieter.

The motor used in the topper is the same one used to spin the WOZ house according to the manual.

#1102 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Why? If you dial it back to the correct speed it works fine.

#1103 4 years ago

Remove the spring that is at the end of the assembly. Amazed how much a difference this made in noice production of the topper.

#1104 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

You finally unboxed it?

Jeff

#1105 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

You finally unboxed it?
Jeff

I did.

#1106 4 years ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

Remove the spring that is at the end of the assembly. Amazed how much a difference this made in noice production of the topper.

I will try this. It doesn't move with a setting of 4. At 6 it struggles.

#1107 4 years ago

Anyone have a spare Pirates CE playfield by chance?

#1108 4 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Anyone have a spare Pirates CE playfield by chance?

From what I understand you have to have a collector edition serial in order to receive ant ce specific parts.

#1109 4 years ago

I place my Pirat

2AD5B99F-356E-4857-BB09-8C25266EE26D (resized).jpeg2AD5B99F-356E-4857-BB09-8C25266EE26D (resized).jpegE2A0B602-B19B-4050-B02D-8351F8AF147B (resized).jpegE2A0B602-B19B-4050-B02D-8351F8AF147B (resized).jpeg
#1110 4 years ago
Quoted from Franking1302:

I place my Pirat[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s very cool. Where did you get that pirate figurine? Did you just hot glue it on?

#1111 4 years ago

Only put down, not fixed work good...

Pirate: https://www.pinterest.de/pin/755338168726065576/?lp=true

#1112 4 years ago

It finally arrived!

B2E0E00C-5F4C-4F6C-9EDC-E1D6333B8656 (resized).jpegB2E0E00C-5F4C-4F6C-9EDC-E1D6333B8656 (resized).jpeg
#1113 4 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

It finally arrived![quoted image]

Wow a German machine this time! Send me a PM and I’ll send my NIB setup guide with all the things to check/tweak/bulletproof for a long healthy pirate life.

YARR!

#1114 4 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

It finally arrived![quoted image]

Round the world and back again, that's the sailors way!

#1115 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Round the world and back again, that's the sailors way!

Scurvy free too!

Well, hopefully.

#1116 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Wow a German machine this time! Send me a PM and I’ll send my NIB setup guide with all the things to check/tweak/bulletproof for a long healthy pirate life.
YARR!

Much appreciated! PM incoming. Thanks!

#1117 4 years ago

Little off topic but Wanted to share this on the page -- But I will post it on a separate subject Line - but this is for my fans (few that I have that don't think that I am nuts).

Done by Brian Allen - Amazing

Its in the coloring stage now

We will do something with this and I am open to ideas - Like T-shirts or posters or stickers, etc -- So -- Here is where I am going with this - I will pay for the these to be made and not ask for anything in return and all proceeds will go to a nice charity cause - Pinball related (Project Pinball) or JDRF -- Most Likely BOTH.

We are looking to do do 6 project with Brian Allen over the new couple years and this is the first one with the sewer monsters.

I see Richie Wrench fighting some type of creature, Each one different from another. Then at the end I will do a 7th project with Brian Allen where Richie is battling all 6 creatures or something along that line.

This is the first approved sketch and let me know what you think. I am hoping to have this done well in time for the Expo and will have items for sale on this site soon and all proceeds go to charity.

Richie Wrench Illustration Inks B (resized).jpgRichie Wrench Illustration Inks B (resized).jpg
#1118 4 years ago

Richie Wrench looks like a updated super Mario fighting one of these guys!

525564EC-397F-4FAF-B68C-4F91F4CEFAF8 (resized).jpeg525564EC-397F-4FAF-B68C-4F91F4CEFAF8 (resized).jpeg
#1119 4 years ago

I was thinking more graboid looking myself. If Burt Gummer ever applies hire him.

#1120 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

YARR!

I’ve had a lot of PM requests for this so here is the link for everyone:

https://www.icloud.com/pages/0G6Fdesp8nLo_UflIg8bYnE5A#POTC_Setup_and_Bulletproofing

I initially wrote this for a friend as an email to help him with his machine. It’s essentially an abridged version of the tips from the tech thread, distilled to the issues that seem to be consistent and the issues that need protection up front to prevent later damage. It includes links to parts like the stern lockbar button, wire loom, etc.

#1121 4 years ago

Thank you for this!!

#1122 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I’ve had a lot of PM requests for this so here is the link for everyone:
https://www.icloud.com/pages/0G6Fdesp8nLo_UflIg8bYnE5A#POTC_Setup_and_Bulletproofing
I initially wrote this for a friend as an email to help him with his machine. It’s essentially an abridged version of the tips from the tech thread, distilled to the issues that seem to be consistent and the issues that need protection up front to prevent later damage. It includes links to parts like the stern lockbar button, wire loom, etc.

Excellent write up, as usual!

Thanks as always, for sharing your findings and adjustments!

#1123 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Excellent write up, as usual!
Thanks as always, for sharing your findings and adjustments!

Happy to help! This game is still one of the greats and I want everyone to enjoy their games to the fullest.

2 weeks later
#1124 4 years ago

If any of you guys is interested in a trade for TBL or knows someone who is, send me a PM.

#1125 4 years ago

hmmmm

preview of Brian Allen Project....more to come

Richie Wrench Color (resized).jpgRichie Wrench Color (resized).jpg
#1126 4 years ago

Found a CE overseas that is NIB, but $14,700 without shipping. Another $1000 to ship and man, this is $$. I remember thinking $12.5k was crazy. $3200 up charge now. What do you guys think? I’ve been obsessing about getting a CE for a long time...

#1127 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Found a CE overseas that is NIB, but $14,700 without shipping. Another $1000 to ship and man, this is $$. I remember thinking $12.5k was crazy. $3200 up charge now. What do you guys think? I’ve been obsessing about getting a CE for a long time...

Doubt you'll get many differing opinions in this thread. Personally I would still never sell mine even at that price. Only live once as they say. One could guess even if you changed your mind later I don't think you'd loose much if anything later. Good luck with your decision. One of the best games made in my opinion.

#1128 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Doubt you'll get many differing opinions in this thread. Personally I would still never sell mine even at that price. Only live once as they say. One could guess even if you changed your mind later I don't think you'd loose much if anything later. Good luck with your decision. One of the best games made in my opinion.

That’s what I’m thinking. This looks like my last chance for NIB, better jump on it and hang onto this one! The CE prototype at TPF in 2018 blew me away, haven’t seen one since... I’ll have owned all three levels. Better stop there.

#1129 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

That’s what I’m thinking. This looks like my last chance for NIB, better jump on it and hang onto this one! The CE prototype at TPF in 2018 blew me away, haven’t seen one since... I’ll have owned all three levels. Better stop there.

Well if your ever in the Chicago area you can stop by anytime to play the prototype Or the CE in my basement! lol I have an addiction to Pirates!!! Arghhh.
IMG_3791 (resized).jpegIMG_3791 (resized).jpeg

#1130 4 years ago

My CE monitor was replaced. Is anyone interested in the old one ? It doesn't work, but may be could be repaired? Im not sure. if interested please PM me
Thanks

#1131 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

What do you guys think?

They give you money so you spend it. If they didn't want you spending it, they wouldn't give it to you.

So if a Pirates CE makes you happy. Go for it.

You'll be glad you did.
LTG : )

#1132 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Don't forget you may also get a bill from the tax man if getting shipped in from overseas.

#1133 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Don't forget you may also get a bill from the tax man if getting shipped in from overseas.

Pinball machines are exempt from duty, as far as I know.

EDIT: I just checked - they are duty free.

#1134 4 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

Pinball machines are exempt from duty, as far as I know.

Oh really? Hmm. One guy I talked to imported an Alien and got stuck with a 1000-1500 tax bill , at least that’s hat he told me. Anyways good luck if you decide to do that.

#1135 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Oh really? Hmm. One guy I talked to imported an Alien and got stuck with a 1000-1500 tax bill , at least that’s hat he told me. Anyways good luck if you decide to do that.

I would think POTC would be exempt as it was originally manufactured in the US.

#1136 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I would think POTC would be exempt as it was originally manufactured in the US.

Ahh.. gotcha. Thanks for the info.

#1137 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Sounds like that might have been in error?

https://hts.usitc.gov/?query=9504.30.00

#1138 4 years ago

Should be around $250 for customs duties and bond fees given my last 2 experiences

#1139 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

They give you money so you spend it. If they didn't want you spending it, they wouldn't give it to you.
So if a Pirates CE makes you happy. Go for it.
You'll be glad you did.

Thanks guys for your input! I agree. If all goes well, I'll be asking Yelobird to make me a coin door plaque for CE 172...

#1140 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I'll be asking Yelobird to make me a coin door plaque for CE 172...

Smart move. That is one of the best looking mods out there.

Disclaimer : Next to the Monkey.

#1141 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Thanks guys for your input! I agree. If all goes well, I'll be asking Yelobird to make me a coin door plaque for CE 172...

Anything, anytime. Congrats on your decision. The only suggestion I can offer is Try not to consume yourself with the tech service concerns. Use them more as a reference/support if you Find you have an issue. Hard to see posts were new owners get consumed with the service concerns and tear their game down before even Seeing if they have an issue. Most times Creating issues they never had. Plug it in and See what all the hoopla and hype is all about! If you suspect an issue #LTG is always on speed dial and this club has most of the answers at this point to get you back to sailing the 7 seas. Congrats!!!

#1142 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Anything, anytime. Congrats on your decision. The only suggestion I can offer is Try not to consume yourself with the tech service concerns. Use them more as a reference/support if you Find you have an issue. Hard to see posts were new owners get consumed with the service concerns and tear their game down before even Seeing if they have an issue. Most times Creating issues they never had. Plug it in and See what all the hoopla and hype is all about! If you suspect an issue #LTG is always on speed dial and this club has most of the answers at this point to get you back to sailing the 7 seas. Congrats!!!

Thanks, Dave! Your mods on this are incredible. In my search, one of the distributors overseas said he would sell his prototype for the right price. Does that mean that the triple disc spinners are still out there, or were they sample games?

#1143 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Thanks, Dave! Your mods on this are incredible. In my search, one of the distributors overseas said he would sell his prototype for the right price. Does that mean that the triple disc spinners are still out there, or were they sample games?

There were only a rare few prototype samples. He has one the other is keeping my CE POTC company till I put her in dry dock for a complete tune up. Don’t care what anyone says, the triple disk map Was the ultimate engineering accomplishment and it very much was special to game play. I understand it was crazy expensive and more then likely troublesome long term to repair but Wow what a creative design. Just put in a new disk mech and the ball movement is absolutely random and fun. I accept the improvised solution via video but I wish Eric’s full creation could have made it to production.

#1144 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

There were only a rare few prototype samples. He has one the other is keeping my CE POTC company till I put her in dry dock for a complete tune up. Don’t care what anyone says, the triple disk map Was the ultimate engineering accomplishment and it very much was special to game play. I understand it was crazy expensive and more then likely troublesome long term to repair but Wow what a creative design. Just put in a new disk mech and the ball movement is absolutely random and fun. I accept the improvised solution via video but I wish Eric’s full creation could have made it to production.

That was my impression as well, the triple disc was incredible. I'll be curious to hear if this prototype is one of those. I figured the code updates wouldn't support the triple spinner.

#1145 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

That was my impression as well, the triple disc was incredible. I'll be curious to hear if this prototype is one of those. I figured the code updates wouldn't support the triple spinner.

Most of the code was there up to where the moved the mechanical logic to the screen. You just can’t update it to the today code but I am fine with that. It’s a bit of pinball history to me and sadly a creative idea that was just a bit ahead of its time.

#1146 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I figured the code updates wouldn't support the triple spinner.

That is correct.

#1147 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok Buccaneers, how about a Friday How To tutorial on making your own Davy Jones! NOT for sale just a tutorial so please don't ask! lol Start with a not so easy to find but attainable if you keep an eye on Ebay Davy Jones Series 1 7" figure. Incredible detail and a perfect scale fit! Start with a simple nut cracker move and literally Crack him in half at the waist. While his mid section does have a plate of plastic it seemed a bit to thin for my long term liking so I added a printed solid plastic reenforcement plate and super glue. Center and match holes in removed barrel and Tom figure. Ok, this part is a bit more invasive but really Not that hard. As this figure does not have articulating elbows his arms would Not work in our spinning application with the ramps so he needed to be Persuaded to conform. Using a heat gun Slowly apply heat to his elbow. You'll know when you're there when you see a little smoke and they bend easy. To fare and you get fire. Bend both arms to 90 degrees and add rubber bands till they heat set to the correct shape. A few minutes. After mounting him its time to give that lovely cape a needed trim. I found just below the barrel top edge is perfect and still looks Flowey. (is that a word?) One detail that is IMPORTANT, after you dry fit him and make sure all spins perfect you Need to apply a small amount of super glue to All joints to lock them in place. He won't love it but he Can't move or raise his arms when spinning!! Also note how I arranged and glued his right hand tentacle to the barrel for a nice look. Spins great and other then some casual hobby time really not that hard to do. Plus on a CE this is simply Spot On! Hope this helps. Do let me know if there is anything I forgot to explain. Play on ye scurvy Pirates!!!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So surely not for sale? ):

#1148 4 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

So my game has arrived. It is special in an additional way for me as the manufacturing date happens to be my birthday. My game came with a few issues just as others have. I’m working through them with my most excellent salesman Gary from Abel electronics. I’m not going to publicly Bitch because several of my new Sterns also came with issues. Quality control from both manufacturers has been less than desirable but their ability to fix the issues is the key for me.
[quoted image][quoted image]

What issues did you have?

#1149 4 years ago

I use a 3D pen, take a look into the chest

#1150 4 years ago
Quoted from HectorCM:

So surely not for sale? ):

I just found one for $60, but they are hard to get for a reasonable price. Make sure it is the Series 1 Neca Davy Jones 7 inch figure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,187 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-potc-collectors-edition/page/23?hl=gnarlee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.