51E7244B-00F6-4EB0-B591-B36EF4FB67BE (resized).jpeg
59F33700-17DC-487F-9702-4BDC8220499B (resized).jpeg
10A11C47-3FF6-4192-9791-240ACEEECB97 (resized).jpeg
BC53B7C8-7FF3-4CDB-903C-0217C2ED704C (resized).jpeg
22780689-6432-4F17-97B9-D48CC565DFA6 (resized).jpeg
B5A66C1E-59FF-4158-85B5-C2857B28478B (resized).jpeg
1EF91C26-FE26-40A3-9C57-BE2EE0E86DFB (resized).jpeg
4A86BFAD-0539-491E-8FC4-18BDD9250CF8 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,187 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 24.
#901 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

What black armor? Thats the custom CE powder coat he just had the coin door done to match. Which looks Awesome by the way!!!

Looks kind of blackish(less green)in the photo, maybe lighting.sorry... I did say it looked great though,maybe the lack of barnacles on lock bar threw me off.

#902 5 years ago

I just got my CE #77, Does the chest open and close?

My action button needed adjusting to hit switch now it sticks on me. Also topper is to loud, I tried to lower to 5 in settings yet not liking it. I just unplugged motor so only lights on topper works.

#903 5 years ago

My CE was shipped out today to CA Bay Area #91

#904 5 years ago
Quoted from madscientist101:

I just got my CE #77, Does the chest open and close?
My action button needed adjusting to hit switch now it sticks on me. Also topper is to loud, I tried to lower to 5 in settings yet not liking it. I just unplugged motor so only lights on topper works.

Chest is fixed in the open position and does not close. Make sure the roller is riding true on the cam (square). Look at it from the right side of the game. Along with slowing it to 5-6 in settings you can also remove some of the compression on the spring under the boat so the motor gear box doesn't have to work so hard. In game play its hard to even hear it. Good Luck and Congrats!!

#905 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Chest is fixed in the open position and does not close. Make sure the roller is riding true on the cam (square). Look at it from the right side of the game. Along with slowing it to 5-6 in settings you can also remove some of the compression on the spring under the boat so the motor gear box doesn't have to work so hard. In game play its hard to even hear it. Good Luck and Congrats!!

Thanks for the tips. Yea I got to tinker with the topper.

#906 5 years ago
Quoted from madscientist101:

Thanks for the tips. Yea I got to tinker with the topper.

You could also consider a Light application of White Lithium grease on that cam to further reduce friction. After a few adjustments you are going to Love playing that game. Best game out there!!!!

#907 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Woohoo!! If you need any help dialing it in let me know, I feel like I know this machine pretty well now

#908 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Woohoo!! If you need any help dialing it in let me know, I feel like I know this machine pretty well now

That would awsum ! I’m going to have it delivered to our shop, you can see some of our collection and a row of some beautiful pitch n bats

Are you familiar with Woz ? My
GI,s are out and the lights stop 3/4
Of the way down on the playfield?

That’s a mile away, Happy to pay ya !
Thanks Ken

I’m in Burlingame/ San Mateo
Shops right off broadway 101

#909 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

That would awsum ! I’m going to have it delivered to our shop, you can see some of our collection and a row of some beautiful pitch n bats
Are you familiar with Woz ? My
That’s a mile away, Happy to pay ya !
Thanks Ken
I’m in Burlingame/ San Mateo
Shops right off broadway 101

Which version of WOZ do you have? May be a simple loose connection, may be a board issue depends on which model boardset you have.

#910 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

My

This should help you :

Please check out page C-54 in the manual ( you can download it at jerseyjackpinball.com ) that page shows the data harness path. From W6 to #29, to #1, to #2, to #3, etc. etc.

Please go into Tests - LEDs - All LEDs, this turns any working all white. Lift playfield and lean on backbox. You can see the working ones kind of glow.

They are wired in series, a straight line. Find the last working one, the one after it that is out is the bad one. With the power on, you can by pass the data harnesses on the LED boards, bypass the bad one, and turn off in settings. ( be sure and turn it back on when you replace it ) this will help you identify a bad one.

As an example, say #15 was out. You can run the data harness from red on W2, to green on #16 instead of #15. If the rest light up, you know #15 is the bad one.

With the power on you can move data harnesses. They go red to green from board to board. Don't mess with the power connectors with the power on.

Quoted from whitey:

Happy to pay ya !

I'll be right over.

LTG : )
Disclaimer : Just kidding. Tech support late needs a little humor.

#911 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Second time barnacle has fallen off the machine on its own. The double sided tape is terrible. And now that it fell off it cracked also. What do I do ? Sent it to support but they still haven’t replied to my other issue from a month ago.
[quoted image][quoted image]

B4692AB6-4BF1-4F76-8E2A-0854D8707CB8 (resized).jpegB4692AB6-4BF1-4F76-8E2A-0854D8707CB8 (resized).jpeg
#912 5 years ago

We have one CE available. PM if interested.

#913 5 years ago

A huge THANK YOU to Pinsider FryDaddy for inviting me to his house over the weekend to play his POTC-CE #71 ! What a beautiful game and IMO is the best game yet from JJP. The playfield, cab, and artwork are all terrific. The layout of the playfield is unique and the rocking ship is a blast to play and adds a extra challenge to master, especially the cannon shot! Last year at the Texas Pinball Festival, I played the prototype that had the 3 spining disc and closing chest lid and I personal don't see where they added much to the game. Sure the 3 spinning disk were cool, but also looked like it could have been a nightmare in the future to keep working the way they were wobbling around on the prototype.

Overall , I was blown away. Eric really knocked this one out the park. The build quality and attention to detail really shows. Hope to add this game to my collection some day. Thanks again FryDaddy for the invite. I really enjoyed the game and also meeting a fellow Pinsider in the area.

#914 5 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

A huge THANK YOU to Pinsider FryDaddy for inviting me to his house over the weekend to play his POTC-CE #71 ! What a beautiful game and IMO is the best game yet from JJP. The playfield, cab, and artwork are all terrific. The layout of the playfield is unique and the rocking ship is a blast to play and adds a extra challenge to master, especially the cannon shot! Last year at the Texas Pinball Festival, I played the prototype that had the 3 spining disc and closing chest lid and I personal don't see where they added much to the game. Sure the 3 spinning disk were cool, but also looked like it could have been a nightmare in the future to keep working the way they were wobbling around on the prototype.
Overall , I was blown away. Eric really knocked this one out the park. The build quality and attention to detail really shows. Hope to add this game to my collection some day. Thanks again FryDaddy for the invite. I really enjoyed the game and also meeting a fellow Pinsider in the area.

Your more than welcome.

#915 5 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

Nothing like plundering friends!! lol My favorite part of the game. Pinball is all about friends and sharing your toys. Can't have them all, cool to share.

#916 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Fellow Bay Area person here... Oh and FIRST POST... LOL While I don't know what number mine is yet, my CE is shipping from JJP in the next day or so...

Jeff

#917 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Fellow Bay Area person here... Oh and FIRST POST... LOL While I don't know what number mine is yet, my CE is shipping from JJP in the next day or so...
Jeff

Congrats Jeff. Send some pics when you get it

#918 5 years ago

Game is getting dropped off 10-2 tomorrow, taking day off ! Crazy storm coming in the Bay Area Perfect Pinball weather !

#919 5 years ago

Debating whether to take the plastic wrap off and read it. When I think that you can find all that is in this via the pdf file.

20190116_144844 (resized).jpg20190116_144844 (resized).jpg
#920 5 years ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

Debating whether to take the plastic wrap off and read it. When I think that you can find all that is in this via the pdf file.
[quoted image]

How did you get yours?

#921 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

How did you get yours?

I called Jersey Jack's and talked to someone in sales about it. They asked for the serial number of my machine and where to mail it. Very nice people to work with.

#922 5 years ago

I have not seen a potc manual yet, but the previous 3 (woz, th, di) had a large section in the back with "extras." Early whitewood photos, show pictures, early art, etc.

#923 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I have not seen a potc manual yet, but the previous 3 (woz, th, di) had a large section in the back with "extras." Early whitewood photos, show pictures, early art, etc.

It says on the cover Extra! Making Pirates of the Caribbean.

#924 5 years ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

It says on the cover Extra! Making Pirates of the Caribbean.

ha, i guess i should have looked at the picture more closely

#925 5 years ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

[quoted image]

Guess i need to call them as well... now if I can just get someone to pick up the phone.

#926 5 years ago

Hey guys! Just joined the club today
Game seems to be playing great, I do have a problem though and it happens more often than not. Anybody know any way to stop this? The ramp up to the black pearl, my ball keeps getting stuck on the left side of the wire I have attached a photo. Any advice on how to adjust would be much appreciated! Thank you

A09F3862-483D-4013-AC10-83BC439CF703 (resized).jpegA09F3862-483D-4013-AC10-83BC439CF703 (resized).jpegBAE90EC7-0EF8-49C0-A8A4-4440ED857136 (resized).jpegBAE90EC7-0EF8-49C0-A8A4-4440ED857136 (resized).jpeg
#927 5 years ago
Quoted from Cgpinhead:

Hey guys! Just joined the club today
Game seems to be playing great, I do have a problem though and it happens more often than not. Anybody know any way to stop this? The ramp up to the black pearl, my ball keeps getting stuck on the left side of the wire I have attached a photo. Any advice on how to adjust would be much appreciated! Thank you
[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats! Check out the other POTC thread. Bottom line, need to make the ramp lean right. Combo of tightening the rubber washer under the light just to the right of the ramp and putting cabinet bumper under lower portion of ramp going up.

#928 5 years ago
Quoted from Cgpinhead:

Any advice on how to adjust

See the red arrow pointing to the red screw ? Tighten it down and squish the rubber grommet it goes through to lower the ramp so it leans to the right.

DSC00679 (resized).JPGDSC00679 (resized).JPG
#929 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

See the red arrow pointing to the red screw ? Tighten it down and squish the rubber grommet it goes through to lower the ramp so it leans to the right.
[quoted image]

Thank you! That seemed to work well I had to bend the light up as it started hitting the right flipper. One last thing does this look normal for the target ship? The top being so far apart from the ship?

127E94DC-3B0A-447C-BDB8-0E1D2ED55FFB (resized).jpeg127E94DC-3B0A-447C-BDB8-0E1D2ED55FFB (resized).jpeg8F614426-5BDB-439D-9E8C-07390B6E8A1F (resized).jpeg8F614426-5BDB-439D-9E8C-07390B6E8A1F (resized).jpeg
#930 5 years ago
Quoted from Cgpinhead:

Thank you! That seemed to work well I had to bend the light up as it started hitting the right flipper. One last thing does this look normal for the target ship? The top being so far apart from the ship?[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, that looks spaced out to far to me. Im sure LTG has a fix.

#931 5 years ago
Quoted from Cgpinhead:

Thank you! That seemed to work well I had to bend the light up as it started hitting the right flipper. One last thing does this look normal for the target ship? The top being so far apart from the ship?[quoted image][quoted image]

I looked at the top of the Dauntless quite a bit as it was binding and keeping the ship from swinging for me. I had to bend mine up a bit to provide enough clearance. Yours looks to have the opposite issue, I definitely didn’t have to bend mine that far up.

#932 5 years ago

Got my CE today #66... LOVE the game... HATE the topper... It's wayyyyyyy too freaking loud... Short of disconnecting the motor like I saw someone above talking about, any other suggestions to quite it down? It's louder than the freaking game... LOL

Thanks,
Jeff

#933 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Got my CE today #66... LOVE the game... HATE the topper... It's wayyyyyyy too freaking loud... Short of disconnecting the motor like I saw someone above talking about, any other suggestions to quite it down? It's louder than the freaking game... LOL
Thanks,
Jeff

Turn speed down to 4 in settings

#934 5 years ago

Also, changing the spring will help. The factory spring is too aggressive and causes the gearbox to make noise.

#935 5 years ago

Side note: tilt graphics is releasing sideblades that are going to look really great with the CE. Check out his post in his vendor thread.

#936 5 years ago

I think there may be something wrong with either my black pearl, the cannon, something... From the videos I've seen when you load the cannon the ship is supposed to keep rocking back and forth so you can aim your shot but mine when I load the cannon the ship just stops rocking wherever I loaded the cannon... What's the correct gameplay behavior? Should the pearl keep rocking to aim or should I time loading the cannon to the correct tilt of the pearl to get the dauntless skill shot? Just not sure...

Thanks,
Jeff

#937 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

I think there may be something wrong with either my black pearl, the cannon, something... From the videos I've seen when you load the cannon the ship is supposed to keep rocking back and forth so you can aim your shot but mine when I load the cannon the ship just stops rocking wherever I loaded the cannon... What's the correct gameplay behavior? Should the pearl keep rocking to aim or should I time loading the cannon to the correct tilt of the pearl to get the dauntless skill shot? Just not sure...
Thanks,
Jeff

I had this exact problem. See my post in the owners club thread. Short answer is you need to adjust the metal bar behind the playfield so the black pearl stops topping out or bottoming out.

It is definitely supposed to rock up and down when aiming.

#938 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I had this exact problem. See my post in the owners club thread. Short answer is you need to adjust the metal bar behind the playfield so the black pearl stops topping out or bottoming out.
It is definitely supposed to rock up and down when aiming.

Your post in the other thread was super, super helpful in figuring out our issue. I can only get it to calibrate down to a 5 but the gameplay is back to "normal" and the ship now moves up and down properly when the cannon is loaded. I also lubed up the Dauntless hinge point and mechanism as sometimes it doesn't rock fully back when the cannon shot is missed. I may end up putting in a slightly stiffer spring but we'll see how the lubrication job works first.

I think I have it almost completely dialed in, my only remaining frustration is the "mystery" VUK could use an adjustment as 9/10 it shoots the ball back right between the flippers which is supper annoying but I can't find that VUK in the settings to tweak like I had to do with the Throne Room VUK on my Woz 75th machine. Such is life...

Jeff

#939 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Your post in the other thread was super, super helpful in figuring out our issue. I can only get it to calibrate down to a 5 but the gameplay is back to "normal" and the ship now moves up and down properly when the cannon is loaded. I think I have it almost completely dialed in, my only remaining frustration is the "mystery" VUK could use an adjustment as 9/10 it shoots the ball back right between the flippers which is supper annoying

Hooray! So glad it helped!

For the mystery VUK check the guard above the scoop. If it’s loose you will get SDTM drains from it. Tightening it down fixed the problem for me.

#940 5 years ago

Oh and if the Dauntless isn’t returning to position, see if the top is catching. I had to bend mine up a bit for the Dauntless to swing freely.

You should consider a bit of wire loom for the wiring behind the Dauntless. Yelobird pointed out there is a risk for wire being cut there.

I used 1/4 inch loom from Fry’s.

#941 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Oh and if the Dauntless isn’t returning to position, see if the top is catching. I had to bend mine up a bit for the Dauntless to swing freely.
You should consider a bit of wire loom for the wiring behind the Dauntless. Yelobird pointed out there is a risk for wire being cut there.
I used 1/4 inch loom from Fry’s.

Funny enough, I already took care of that based on the other post where the user had his wire sheered off. Fixed that while I was lubing the hinge point. The top seems to be in a reasonable position to not catch but I'll be keeping an eye on that either way for sure.

I'll take a look at the scoop this evening and see what I see. I noticed the map scoop isn't very well position and I already have a smidge of wear on the edge of the play field as a result so I'll look at both at the same time. Game is freaking amazing though... JJP really outdid themselves on this one...

Jeff

#942 5 years ago

Looking for some suggestions! I love the game but the sound quality, in my opinion, is poor. I always play with headphones on bc the sound out of the speakers has no mids or low end, all treble. Does anyone know of a better speaker kit? Or an amplifier system with an EQ? Thanks

matt

#943 5 years ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

Looking for some suggestions! I love the game but the sound quality, in my opinion, is poor. I always play with headphones on bc the sound out of the speakers has no mids or low end, all treble. Does anyone know of a better speaker kit? Or an amplifier system with an EQ? Thanks
matt

Never did figure out an internal speaker improvement. Went full external with amp, sub, and bookshelf speakers. As you found with the headphones, the sound is there, just not being reproduced by the cheap speakers they have in it.

#944 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Your post in the other thread was super, super helpful in figuring out our issue. I can only get it to calibrate down to a 5 but the gameplay is back to "normal" and the ship now moves up and down properly when the cannon is loaded. I also lubed up the Dauntless hinge point and mechanism as sometimes it doesn't rock fully back when the cannon shot is missed. I may end up putting in a slightly stiffer spring but we'll see how the lubrication job works first.
I think I have it almost completely dialed in, my only remaining frustration is the "mystery" VUK could use an adjustment as 9/10 it shoots the ball back right between the flippers which is supper annoying but I can't find that VUK in the settings to tweak like I had to do with the Throne Room VUK on my Woz 75th machine. Such is life...
Jeff

Go to settings coils, the mystery vuk is called “ bumper vuk” so adjust to taste

#945 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

As you found with the headphones, the sound is there, just not being reproduced by the cheap speakers they have in it.

My main remaining issue is the sound, which is fine in headphones but through the speakers is intermittently popping and micro-cutting out. Reseating related connectors and swapping in a working filter box didn't help. Has anyone successfully addressed?

#946 5 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

My main remaining issue is the sound, which is fine in headphones but through the speakers is intermittently popping and micro-cutting out. Reseating related connectors and swapping in a working filter box didn't help. Has anyone successfully addressed?

A buddy of mine said that he thinks it's some type of ground issue.

#947 5 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Go to settings coils, the mystery vuk is called “ bumper vuk” so adjust to taste

Thanks! I ended up finding it's name via the binder that came with the game... RTFM... Go figure...

Jeff

#948 5 years ago

I’m sure someone has posted this already
But what a great mod ! I wish they would
Make one for my Woz, DI, AFM, looks factory !

Thanks Mod couple great mods and quality

F979C7B9-26C4-46FA-AA21-ABD2FCAA418E (resized).jpegF979C7B9-26C4-46FA-AA21-ABD2FCAA418E (resized).jpeg

#949 5 years ago

If you compare the sound coming out of the hobbit vs. POTC it is like night and day. They obviously moved the motherboard from the cabinet to the backbox which took up a ton of room. Issue is that the speakers are shooting up rather than at you. Makes for a very poor sound reproduction. It has been my biggest issue with the pin. I really hope that they find a way to address it.

#950 5 years ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

If you compare the sound coming out of the hobbit vs. POTC it is like night and day. They obviously moved the motherboard from the cabinet to the backbox which took up a ton of room. Issue is that the speakers are shooting up rather than at you. Makes for a very poor sound reproduction. It has been my biggest issue with the pin. I really hope that they find a way to address it.

I slapped a complete Logitech Speaker / Subwoofer combo on it which made the mids/lows come out very well. It is something that needs to be addressed.

Playing with headphones you hear a whackload more detail. Hobbit and DI do have better sound out of the box.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
There are 1,187 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-potc-collectors-edition/page/19?hl=genjuro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.