51E7244B-00F6-4EB0-B591-B36EF4FB67BE (resized).jpeg
59F33700-17DC-487F-9702-4BDC8220499B (resized).jpeg
10A11C47-3FF6-4192-9791-240ACEEECB97 (resized).jpeg
BC53B7C8-7FF3-4CDB-903C-0217C2ED704C (resized).jpeg
22780689-6432-4F17-97B9-D48CC565DFA6 (resized).jpeg
B5A66C1E-59FF-4158-85B5-C2857B28478B (resized).jpeg
1EF91C26-FE26-40A3-9C57-BE2EE0E86DFB (resized).jpeg
4A86BFAD-0539-491E-8FC4-18BDD9250CF8 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,187 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 24.
#801 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Supreme , Beatles platinum , The Big Lebowski

Beatles diamond and platinum are selling at 25k and 15k.

Aliens is out of production and super rare. DUTCH went under. Magic Girl is another.

I'm sorry but there's no way this game holds value. None of them do.

I have a BM66 LE with a ton of mods. If someone wants to buy it for what I have in it, it's gone. Any takers?

#802 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

My wife, who is quite picky, said the disc was super annoying and distracting. After the mod, she doesn’t even notice the disc now. It truly is a must have. JJP should buy them from Yelobird and install at factory hah!

At only 12.5K, you really need to temper your expectations.

#803 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Beatles diamond and platinum are selling at 25k and 15k.
Aliens is out of production and super rare. DUTCH went under. Magic Girl is another.
I'm sorry but there's no way this game holds value. None of them do.
I have a BM66 LE with a ton of mods. If someone wants to buy it for what I have in it, it's gone. Any takers?

If you had an sle.... you would have takers. The sle is about as rare as a pirates ce. What remains to be seen is how much demand there will ultimately be for pirates

#804 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

My wife, who is quite picky, said the disc was super annoying and distracting. After the mod, she doesn’t even notice the disc now. It truly is a must have. JJP should buy them from Yelobird and install at factory hah!

Ok I wouldn't let your wife see that picky comment but thanks very much for the kind words. Not to come off in any way as a pitch but with the silencer kit complete with new neoprene rubber tooth gear I must say its Much quieter. Funny thing is my wife (shhhh picky also) said she couldn't believe a game of this value and precision construction would sound so loud. So while I am pleased to create a solution for everyone I honestly Had to do it for our game or I would never hear the end of it. (My wife's grinding disc not the game. lol) I hope she doesn't read this later......

#805 5 years ago

Ok Buccaneers, how about a Friday How To tutorial on making your own Davy Jones! NOT for sale just a tutorial so please don't ask! lol Start with a not so easy to find but attainable if you keep an eye on Ebay Davy Jones Series 1 7" figure. Incredible detail and a perfect scale fit! Start with a simple nut cracker move and literally Crack him in half at the waist. While his mid section does have a plate of plastic it seemed a bit to thin for my long term liking so I added a printed solid plastic reenforcement plate and super glue. Center and match holes in removed barrel and Tom figure. Ok, this part is a bit more invasive but really Not that hard. As this figure does not have articulating elbows his arms would Not work in our spinning application with the ramps so he needed to be Persuaded to conform. Using a heat gun Slowly apply heat to his elbow. You'll know when you're there when you see a little smoke and they bend easy. To fare and you get fire. Bend both arms to 90 degrees and add rubber bands till they heat set to the correct shape. A few minutes. After mounting him its time to give that lovely cape a needed trim. I found just below the barrel top edge is perfect and still looks Flowey. (is that a word?) One detail that is IMPORTANT, after you dry fit him and make sure all spins perfect you Need to apply a small amount of super glue to All joints to lock them in place. He won't love it but he Can't move or raise his arms when spinning!! Also note how I arranged and glued his right hand tentacle to the barrel for a nice look. Spins great and other then some casual hobby time really not that hard to do. Plus on a CE this is simply Spot On! Hope this helps. Do let me know if there is anything I forgot to explain. Play on ye scurvy Pirates!!!!

IMG_1780 (resized).jpgIMG_1780 (resized).jpgIMG_1785 (resized).jpgIMG_1785 (resized).jpgIMG_1781 (resized).jpgIMG_1781 (resized).jpgIMG_1782 (resized).jpgIMG_1782 (resized).jpgIMG_1787 (resized).jpgIMG_1787 (resized).jpgIMG_1788 (resized).jpgIMG_1788 (resized).jpgIMG_1789 (resized).jpgIMG_1789 (resized).jpgIMG_1791 (resized).jpgIMG_1791 (resized).jpgIMG_1794 (resized).jpgIMG_1794 (resized).jpg
#806 5 years ago

Omg... that work on davy is PERFECT!

#807 5 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

Omg... that work on davy is PERFECT!

And you can do it to! Really straight forward and I must say on the CE it is Absolutely spot on for this game. Plus as I pointed out in the other thread, if you want to get technical there were no spinning pirates or pirates in a barrel in the movie but Davy Jones Was in both! Or it just looks dam cool! lol

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg
#808 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

The sle is about as rare as a pirates ce.

That’s not true.

BMSLE 80 units
POTC CE 200 units
BMLE 240 units

#809 5 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

That’s not true.
BMSLE 80 units
POTC CE 200 units
BMLE 240 units

One thing for sure, the build QUALITY of a JJP game far exceeds the Kapow ripoffs.....

#810 5 years ago
Quoted from normalville:

One thing for sure, the build QUALITY of a JJP game far exceeds the Kapow ripoffs.....

Set up several beetles and no issues out of the box; wish I could say the same for JJP but that definitely is not the case; so not sure where this superior build quality is; you ever try to get the monitor back in on a JJP it’s a nightmare and it doesn’t seem like they are testing these games pirates at the factory

#811 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Set up several beetles and no issues out of the box; wish I could say the same for JJP but that definitely is not the case; so not sure where this superior build quality is; you ever try to get the monitor back in on a JJP it’s a nightmare and it doesn’t seem like they are testing these games pirates at the factory

There’s no issues out of the box on Beatles because the game is baron.

#812 5 years ago

I totally get your point on that note but for the price you pay for a JJP there shouldn’t be any issues at all out of the box

#813 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I totally get your point on that note but for the price you pay for a JJP there shouldn’t be any issues at all out of the box

My only issues was missing topper screws and missing leg levelers.

I’ve taken the monitor out a dozen times on potc and di and it’s incredibly easy. Much easier then having to remove it on a stern and having no place to lay it down.

The more stuff you have on a game the more potential for failure. The issues they had early in production have been changed and addressed on later run games.

And if you think nothing is wrong on sterns take a look at deadpool reviews. Some people can never make one of the shots while for others it’s smooth as butter. Good luck trying to adjust that.

#814 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

I’ve taken the monitor out a dozen times on potc and di and it’s incredibly easy. Much easier then having to remove it on a stern and having no place to lay it down.
The more stuff you have on a game the more potential for failure. The issues they had early in production have been changed and addressed on later run games.
And if you think nothing is wrong on sterns take a look at deadpool reviews. Some people can never make one of the shots while for others it’s smooth as butter. Good luck trying to adjust that.

That’s because the level has to be set up just right on a Deadpool and you probably have not seen a new stern yet because they redesigned the speaker panel that it just folds down and hovers over the glass so no worries there the monitors I pulled out were on a pirates and a dialed in and they were an absolute nightmare to put back into place

#815 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

That’s because the level has to be set up just right on a Deadpool and you probably have not seen a new stern yet because they redesigned the speaker panel that it just folds down and hovers over the glass so no worries there the monitors I pulled out were on a pirates and a dialed in and they were an absolute nightmare to put back into place

I’ve had every modern stern. Yes it folds down but that’s not removing the monitor. Try to remove it.

How is the monitor on jjp a nightmare. It’s a standard swivel arm mount like a tv put it back straight and lock it. Takes 2 seconds and no tools.

#816 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

I’ve had every modern stern. Yes it folds down but that’s not removing the monitor. Try to remove it.
How is the monitor on jjp a nightmare. It’s a standard swivel arm mount like a tv put it back straight and lock it. Takes 2 seconds and no tools.

Details matter.....

#817 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Easy to remove but a nightmare to put back in that’s all I’m saying

#818 5 years ago

Once I found the release mechanism, removing and reinstalling the monitor was easy. *shrug*

#819 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

There’s no issues out of the box on Beatles because the game is baron.

Not to mention the fact that they've had nearly 40 years to perfect that particular layout.

#820 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Not to mention the fact that they've had nearly 40 years to perfect that particular layout.

I’m sure the diamond editions are nearly perfect at 25k.... imagine if pirates cost 100k.... and they offered nothing extra Think of how much quality control they can do for the extra 87.5k .

#821 5 years ago
Quoted from normalville:

JJP uses better quality materials, but I don’t think the build quality is any better than Stern.

#822 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

JJP uses better quality materials, but I don’t think the build quality is any better than Stern.

At the end of the day they all have decent coils and leds and io boards. It’s the same. They are all made of wood and items are screwed into the wood with similar screws. So the quality is roughly the same.

The difference is in the amount of parts and mechanisms and there is much more of that in a jjp game then a stern. Which means that thru assembly , shipping , usage of these mechanical items there is more that could and will go wrong.

You know why Toyota Corollas break less then bmw 7 series ? Because they are empty cars. Their massaging seats can’t break because they just don’t exist in the Toyota. Etc.

#823 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

At the end of the day they all have decent coils and leds and io boards. It’s the same. They are all made of wood and items are screwed into the wood with similar screws. So the quality is roughly the same.
The difference is in the amount of parts and mechanisms and there is much more of that in a jjp game then a stern. Which means that thru assembly , shipping , usage of these mechanical items there is more that could and will go wrong.
You know why Toyota Corollas break less then bmw 7 series ? Because they are empty cars. Their massaging seats can’t break because they just don’t exist in the Toyota. Etc.

Yeah, no.

#824 5 years ago

Ok The Mod Couple is testing some New waters with inspiration from this amazing game. We have seen/done modded playfields, cabinets, backboxes, heck we even modded the Player with our "NIB Cologne" but we wanted to take this game to a higher level of detail down to the Coin Door! We wanted to create a unique and Individual Custom piece for the owner Knowing it will truly be one of a kind like this game deserves! The Custom Coin Door Shadow Box Mod! A molded theme coin door shadow box with custom serialized number and designation. Collectors Edition AND Limited Addition designs will be available. All 3D sculpted from ship to limited edition unique badge. Ship, wood sign, and lettering all individually airbrushed to meticulous detail with multilevel blue LED internal accent lighting for a proper display glow. Simple and reversible installation with polycarbonate protective lense to keep display free from poking fingers. When ordering, we will require the user provide their serial number and model (LE or CE) We anticipate less then one week turn around for the custom mod creation. Simple and reversible installation with color instructions included. Image shows example of CE/LE gold lettering examples. Yours would match your individual game number. Available Now from our website store!

www.TheModCouplePinball.com
The Mod Couple

1a (resized).jpg1a (resized).jpg2a (resized).jpg2a (resized).jpg3a (resized).jpg3a (resized).jpg4a (resized).jpg4a (resized).jpg5a (resized).jpg5a (resized).jpg
#825 5 years ago

When my CE comes in - count me in!

#826 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The Mod Couple is testing some New waters with inspiration from this amazing game.

Greatest Pirates mod yet !

LTG : )

#827 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Greatest Pirates mod yet !

Thanks #LTG! And sincerely Thank you for the weekend support call on my failed fuse! (My fault) Rare to find support on any product over a late night weekend but you never fail to come through. I hope JJP appreciates you as much as the consumers do, you are as always stated invaluable.

#828 5 years ago

Cool concept. I feel like anything 3d printed with abs extrusion just doesn't look right next to a bunch of molded components. The texture always bothers me. Have you thought about having your products made by professional printing services? Maybe even molding them for better texture?

#829 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Cool concept. I feel like anything 3d printed with abs extrusion just doesn't look right next to a bunch of molded components. The texture always bothers me. Have you thought about having your products made by professional printing services? Maybe even molding them for better texture?

I've never had a complaint and I believe with the machines I have a Service will never make the quality we put into our products. We have more processes then printing to refine our quality which has never been an issue. Thanks.

#830 5 years ago

Wow that is very cool Yelobird! I have to use the validator slot or else I'd have that. My daughter just said that hologram is better than a flashing piece of plastic that takes paper money. Haha. Very nice addition to a home collectors game.

#831 5 years ago

Happy New Years matees from one drunken Pirate to all the other pirates

#832 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Why would you have had to take your monitor out a dozen times?

#833 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Why would you have had to take your monitor out a dozen times?

Had to connect topper and pulled monitor out to snake grabbing the wires easier
Came back later and was not happy with monitor being slightly askew so wanted to straighten the mount
Later installed additional back box lights
Later installed trough lights
Later installed brite buttons
Later came back to add a dimmer option to back box lights.

Oh and I also have a di ce .... so multiply those things above by 2 since di is made same way

#834 5 years ago

So my game has arrived. It is special in an additional way for me as the manufacturing date happens to be my birthday. My game came with a few issues just as others have. I’m working through them with my most excellent salesman Gary from Abel electronics. I’m not going to publicly Bitch because several of my new Sterns also came with issues. Quality control from both manufacturers has been less than desirable but their ability to fix the issues is the key for me.

CD1E0B31-89BB-410F-8497-2A60B13285A4 (resized).jpegCD1E0B31-89BB-410F-8497-2A60B13285A4 (resized).jpegE340D309-BF6B-4C06-88C4-D97509B3EAE3 (resized).jpegE340D309-BF6B-4C06-88C4-D97509B3EAE3 (resized).jpeg
#835 5 years ago

Happy New Year Eve Everyone......

Who is down for me starting off the year with the 3AM text to my good old buddy Joe?

I need to get the mods for this awesome and great game..so for those of u out there that do the nods... PM me so I can start spending some money....lol.

Has anyone done the mirrorblades for this game or DICE...need mirror blades for this one for sure

#836 5 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Who is down for me starting off the year with the 3AM text to my good old buddy Joe?

Yes. Start the New Year off right. It will be the first of many in the New Year !

#837 5 years ago

Happy New Year Eve Everyone......
I need to get the mods for this awesome and great game..so for those of u out there that do the nods... PM me so I can start spending some money....lol.
Has anyone done the mirrorblades for this game or DICE...need mirror blades for this one for sure

Matter of fact...Maybe we all should wish him a Happy New Year at 3AM

#838 5 years ago

Matter of fact...Maybe we all should wish him a Happy New Year at 3AM

A self promotion but we have a really nice selection of mods for this Awesome POTC. Check it out if your interested.

www.TheModCouplePinball.com

#839 5 years ago

Received my POTC CE today and there are a few items that are small issues so far. I assume the barnacles are being held on by double sided 3M tape. I did receive it in NY cold weather so they weren't adhering as well as I would like. Lets see what happens in time. The disc is a bit off center and I will adjust that and install the recent mod. The only major issue is that the action button does not hit the switch on the lock down bar. I am guessing they installed the button on the LE and not the longer CE version. Any one have this issue?

Topper is not as noisy as everyone thought. In my opinion

#840 5 years ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

Received my POTC CE today and there are a few items that are small issues so far. I assume the barnacles are being held on by double sided 3M tape. I did receive it in NY cold weather so they weren't adhering as well as I would like. Lets see what happens in time. The disc is a bit off center and I will adjust that and install the recent mod. The only major issue is that the action button does not hit the switch on the lock down bar. I am guessing they installed the button on the LE and not the longer CE version. Any one have this issue?

I posted this on the other thread, but since you said something.....

20181231_202833 (resized).jpg20181231_202833 (resized).jpg
#841 5 years ago

Thats pretty funny! Did you contact JJP? Is it the wrong button?

#842 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok Buccaneers, how about a Friday How To tutorial on making your own Davy Jones! NOT for sale just a tutorial so please don't ask! lol Start with a not so easy to find but attainable if you keep an eye on Ebay Davy Jones Series 1 7" figure. Incredible detail and a perfect scale fit! Start with a simple nut cracker move and literally Crack him in half at the waist. While his mid section does have a plate of plastic it seemed a bit to thin for my long term liking so I added a printed solid plastic reenforcement plate and super glue. Center and match holes in removed barrel and Tom figure. Ok, this part is a bit more invasive but really Not that hard. As this figure does not have articulating elbows his arms would Not work in our spinning application with the ramps so he needed to be Persuaded to conform. Using a heat gun Slowly apply heat to his elbow. You'll know when you're there when you see a little smoke and they bend easy. To fare and you get fire. Bend both arms to 90 degrees and add rubber bands till they heat set to the correct shape. A few minutes. After mounting him its time to give that lovely cape a needed trim. I found just below the barrel top edge is perfect and still looks Flowey. (is that a word?) One detail that is IMPORTANT, after you dry fit him and make sure all spins perfect you Need to apply a small amount of super glue to All joints to lock them in place. He won't love it but he Can't move or raise his arms when spinning!! Also note how I arranged and glued his right hand tentacle to the barrel for a nice look. Spins great and other then some casual hobby time really not that hard to do. Plus on a CE this is simply Spot On! Hope this helps. Do let me know if there is anything I forgot to explain. Play on ye scurvy Pirates!!!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks awesome. Make some more and I would buy. Yes I'm that lazy about doing this.

#843 5 years ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

Thats pretty funny! Did you contact JJP? Is it the wrong button?

Yeah, they sent me a used syringe as an action button... is that not correct?

#844 5 years ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

There is a screw in the bottom of the bottom. You should be able to extract the screw to make it extend out from the bottom of the button, therefore hitting the switch.

#845 5 years ago

Thanks Kingpin! Yup did that and it resolved the issue.

#846 5 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

Yeah, they sent me a used syringe as an action button... is that not correct?

In all fairness, you guys are acting like you spent over 10K for these machines.

Wait, what? 12.5K? Never mind.

#847 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

In all fairness, you guys are acting like you spent over 10K for these machines.
Wait, what? 12.5K? Never mind.

Yup, and worth every penny in my opinion!

#848 5 years ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

The rails are taped but they are also screwed on if you look for the screws. Glad your button adjustment worked rather a simple tweak. As for the disk off center? I would make sure it’s not just the decal as it does make it appear that way. IF it is really off center there really isn’t much adjustment for that as the 8 screw mount is fairly fixed position. Just an alternate fix if it Really is off the 8 holes in the bracket are roughly .187 (3/16) diameter. If you drilled each of those holes to .250 (1/4) that would allow you about 1/32” adjustment with the screws still working as designed. Just don’t mess with the Playfield wood as there is no going back from there. Enjoy your awsome new game.

#849 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yup, and worth every penny in my opinion!

Love guys like you. You’ve afforded me my lifestyle.

#850 5 years ago

Thanks! I wont be drilling any screw holes at this point. I will have to take a closer look! Does anyone know if there are any treble/bass adjustments in settings? The game is lacking bass and way too much treble. Subwoofer will solve that

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,187 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-potc-collectors-edition/page/17?hl=ilushka85 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.