51E7244B-00F6-4EB0-B591-B36EF4FB67BE (resized).jpeg
59F33700-17DC-487F-9702-4BDC8220499B (resized).jpeg
10A11C47-3FF6-4192-9791-240ACEEECB97 (resized).jpeg
BC53B7C8-7FF3-4CDB-903C-0217C2ED704C (resized).jpeg
22780689-6432-4F17-97B9-D48CC565DFA6 (resized).jpeg
B5A66C1E-59FF-4158-85B5-C2857B28478B (resized).jpeg
1EF91C26-FE26-40A3-9C57-BE2EE0E86DFB (resized).jpeg
4A86BFAD-0539-491E-8FC4-18BDD9250CF8 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,187 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 24.
#751 5 years ago

Pirates isn't complete without the best character in the films. "Jack the Monkey"!! Of all the mods we have created this one is dare I say the Cutest thing we have ever made. This mischievous monkey know to haunt Jack Sparrow is up to his old tricks stealing the pinball (scaled of coarse...) from your fun! While there are several places you can install him he is like the movies at home on the Black Pearl railing keeping an eye out for trouble or looking for it!! Each mod meticulously hand painted to keep with the games beauty. We hope you love him as much as we did creating him. "We named the Monkey Jack!" Available NOW from our website store!

www.TheModCouplePinball.com

Thanks SO much for all the interest and support. We Love what we do and appreciate being part of your amazing collections!

The Mod Couple

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
#752 5 years ago

Pirates Ye Be Warned!!!! Custom shooter plate sign mod. Be warned you are plunging into a world of Fun with Pirates of the Caribbean. Ye Be warned it's an amazing ride. This simple yet highly detailed add on is a fitting theme piece to show off your fine pirate skills! Airbrushed and detailed, a fitting piece for the pirate lover in all of us! Arghhhhhhh! Available Now from our website store.

Thank you ALL for the support and interest!

The Mod Couple

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
#753 5 years ago

The ship speed at 5 or lower on my machine causes the ship to stop at times. 6 is the minimum speed at which it properly operates.

I plan on oiling the mech a bit, and investigating the motor gearbox. Might use some dry lube on it if I can get into it.

#754 5 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

The ship speed at 5 or lower on my machine causes the ship to stop at times. 6 is the minimum speed at which it properly operates.
I plan on oiling the mech a bit, and investigating the motor gearbox. Might use some dry lube on it if I can get into it.

As its plastic I would suggest a light coating of White Lithium grease. Safe on plastic, less noticeable, and lasts a Long time!

#755 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Of all the mods we have created this one is dare I say the Cutest thing we have ever made.

You did a great job on him !

LTG : )

#756 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

As its plastic I would suggest a light coating of White Lithium grease. Safe on plastic, less noticeable, and lasts a Long time!

If you haven't used this stuff yet, give it a try. I have used it for a while in the RC space and its been great. WLG is the next best choice and is a lot cheaper!

https://www.dry-fluids.com/dryfluid-gear-lube-1.html

#757 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You did a great job on him !

Thank you So much #LTG your feedback is very kind and appreciated! With that said I need to offer a HUGE shout out to The Mod Father for making an absolutely AWESOME CE must have. While all the mods and accessories he makes are Always top notch his Custom POTC pingulp and shooter rod are a picture perfect fit for this machine!!! The detail, color choice, beautiful barnacle accents and pirate imagery are spot on amazing! I have very few external mods but I must say these are well worth it to complete the complete pirate theme. Thanks again to The Mod Father for raising the bar on a Really cool set!

Do check out his amazing collection and for POTC its a no brainer!
https://modfatherpinball.com

IMG_1679 (resized).jpgIMG_1679 (resized).jpgIMG_1680 (resized).jpgIMG_1680 (resized).jpgIMG_1681 (resized).jpgIMG_1681 (resized).jpg
#758 5 years ago

Ok, does anyone have any idea what could be causing this issue. The Coin door is reading as open and it’s clearly not. (See pic 1) I am looking for something causing this issue around the coin door and see nothing out of place. Checked the wiring here and see no issues. I have seen a double set of connectors on the main board that are not connected. (See pic 2) Not sure what they go to or if they should be attached. I do have a burnt wire from a short related to shippping impact but that wire doesn’t go to the coin door, it’s orange with black stripe. (See pic 3) If anyone is decently good at trouble shooting and you have a few minutes, pm me for my phone number. Trying to at least get the game playable for Christmas.

37BD5FD2-828F-4A55-848B-E819853DB561 (resized).jpeg37BD5FD2-828F-4A55-848B-E819853DB561 (resized).jpeg76ABAC3C-9DAA-4664-9989-659FDD12A189 (resized).jpeg76ABAC3C-9DAA-4664-9989-659FDD12A189 (resized).jpeg1C0348AF-AA10-4269-8492-D1512762B860 (resized).jpeg1C0348AF-AA10-4269-8492-D1512762B860 (resized).jpeg
#759 5 years ago
Quoted from Furio:

Ok, does anyone have any idea what could be causing this issue. The Coin door is reading as open and it’s clearly not. (See pic 1) I am looking for something causing this issue around the coin door and see nothing out of place. Checked the wiring here and see no issues. I have seen a double set of connectors on the main board that are not connected. (See pic 2) Not sure what they go to or if they should be attached. I do have a burnt wire from a short related to shippping impact but that wire doesn’t go to the coin door, it’s orange with black stripe. (See pic 3) If anyone is decently good at trouble shooting and you have a few minutes, pm me for my phone number. Trying to at least get the game playable for Christmas.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If you trace the cable from the "bottom" white switch where the coin door presses you should see a wire that runs back to a board. Here is the diagram from the owner's manual. The wire goes into the J604 plug on this board. Pin 6 specifically. Hope this helps, maybe a wire is loose inside the connector and isn't all the way in?
Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

PS the manual is available on the jersey jack website under downloads. This page is D-80.

#760 5 years ago
Quoted from Furio:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those plugs should Definitely be plugged in. I did see your original issues post (sorry for the bad luck...) and noticed the burnt and clearly broken wire. I personally would mend that wire (with the power OFF) as it is clearly blown and can't be good. Tough break on such a great machine especially before the holidays.

#761 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Those plugs should Definitely be plugged in. I did see your original issues post (sorry for the bad luck...) and noticed the burnt and clearly broken wire. I personally would mend that wire (with the power OFF) as it is clearly blown and can't be good. Tough break on such a great machine especially before the holidays.

Thank you! I plugged them in and the door error went away. I had followed the door wires from the schematic above carefully and they did nothing. I have become well acquainted with the machine though at this point. The game is playable at this point but with several issues. Good enough for tomorrow’s unveiling. The rest can be fixed with time and someone skilled in this.

Lowered the topper to 4 and it looks and sounds great.

Pearl still catches balls at the off load.
Chest catches balls at the blue target loading area.
Launcher still sucks even with the 2 large washers removed. I bound the right flipper to the auto launch function so that my kids can still play.

Thank you all for the sound advice! Christmas is saved.

#762 5 years ago
Quoted from Furio:

Thank you! I plugged them in and the door error went away. I had followed the door wires from the schematic above carefully and they did nothing. I have become well acquainted with the machine though at this point. The game is playable at this point but with several issues. Good enough for tomorrow’s unveiling. The rest can be fixed with time and someone skilled in this.
Lowered the topper to 4 and it looks and sounds great.
Pearl still catches balls at the off load.
Chest catches balls at the blue target loading area.
Launcher still sucks even with the 2 large washers removed. I bound the right flipper to the auto launch function so that my kids can still play.
Thank you all for the sound advice! Christmas is saved.

Enjoy that game with family and the remaining minor issues will soon be resolved. Congrats!

#763 5 years ago

Got my JJP POTC-CE Friday. There are two things I noticed that I thought I would ask you guys about.

The first thing is that the map disk isn't level. Its going to wear like hell if i dont get it level with the hole and the ridge gets the ball stuck sometimes. I looked at the mechanism and it wasnt apparent to me that there were any adjustments for leveling.

The second issue is that the instructions to the topper dont compute. I cant find power connectors for both the back glass led strip and the topper. What am i missing here? Was there a y cable shipped with the topper that i didnt get or should I be routing it from somewhere else?

Thanks for any advice.

#764 5 years ago

For the disc. Under Playfield there is a large white piece that looks like a gear. It’s actually a lock nut. Remove it counterclockwise.

Then you can turn the big metal shaft/screw left or right to adjust level. Then put lock but back on. Should take 2 minutes.

#765 5 years ago
Quoted from Rhombus:

Got my JJP POTC-CE Friday. There are two things I noticed that I thought I would ask you guys about.
The first thing is that the map disk isn't level. Its going to wear like hell if i dont get it level with the hole and the ridge gets the ball stuck sometimes. I looked at the mechanism and it wasnt apparent to me that there were any adjustments for leveling.
The second issue is that the instructions to the topper dont compute. I cant find power connectors for both the back glass led strip and the topper. What am i missing here? Was there a y cable shipped with the topper that i didnt get or should I be routing it from somewhere else?
Thanks for any advice.

Rhombus in the head, behind the backglass there should be a pair of wires that have the connectors you need to connect the topper. Mine were on the left side of the head near the speaker.

#766 5 years ago

I have a CE coming ! Please pm me if you have a new pirates and how much you like the game ,

Thanks Ken

#767 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I have a CE coming ! Please pm me if you have a new pirates and how much you like the game ,
Thanks Ken

PM. It’s awsome!

#769 5 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

You also Richie and may your balls remain shiny for years to come! Happy holidays to All!!

#770 5 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

Merry Christmas Richie. I do hope you remembered to call and text Joe Star about 14 hours ago.

#771 5 years ago

Ok The Mod Couple is testing some New waters from inspiration from this amazing game. We have seen/done modded playfields, cabinets, backboxes, heck we even modded the Player with our "NIB Cologne" but we wanted to take this game to a higher level of detail down to the Coin Door! We wanted to create a unique and Individual Custom piece for the owner Knowing it will truly be one of a kind like this game deserves! Still haven't figured out a product name but the creation is done! A molded theme coin door shadow box with custom serialized number and designation. Collectors Edition AND Limited Addition designs will be available. All 3D sculpted from ship to limited edition unique badge. Ship, wood sign, and lettering all individually airbrushed to meticulous detail with multilevel LED internal accent lighting for a proper display glow. Simple and reversible installation with polycarbonate protective lense to keep display free from poking fingers. When available we will require the user provide their #serial number and we anticipate less then one week turn around for the custom mod. While custom we will do all we can to keep the costs as low as possible though there are a Lot of pieces in this assembly. For now please PM for interest we Hope to have these available via our website store within the week.

The Mod Couple

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg
#772 5 years ago

so what would be a huo ce value after a year? 10,500? just curious.

#773 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

so what would be a huo ce value after a year? 10,500? just curious.

Lets see based on them just being delivered a week ago, could be 100k? To early to tell but based on the interest, feedback and extremely Limited supply I imagine (guess) they will hold their value pretty well for some time.

#774 5 years ago

20k ! Only 250 made

#776 5 years ago

I discovered as others have noted that there were no pilot holes in the top of the backbox for installing the PotC CE topper.

Steve Z at JJP support had this helpful info for me that I'll pass along here to hopefully assist others:

"For the position of the topper, I reached out to the Production Manager at the factory and asked about the spotting holes for the CE topper. He said that measuring from the front edge of the backbox, the holes should be 7 and 5/8" and then 8 and 1/2" back from the front edge, and then center the topper (don't put the holes in the center, center the topper) side to side. Four holes total to accommodate the four spots on the bracket."

JJP Support continues to get it done. Lloyd and Steve get attaboys from me today for being responsive and helpful. Frank probably woulda gotten in on the act too, but he's on vacation!

Thanks, JJP Support!

#777 5 years ago

Were there no pilot holes on any of them or were some just missed , either way there should have been 4 " T " nuts ready to go

#778 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Were there no pilot holes on any of them or were some just missed , either way there should have been 4 " T " nuts ready to go

Mine had all the pilot holes in place for a simple 4 screw install. Granted it would not take but a few minutes to add the holes if they were not there. Small world problem.

#779 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Granted it would not take but a few minutes to add the holes if they were not there. Small world problem.

Maybe , but I make medical equipment for a living and and everything has to be spot on . If I forgot to put in holes in a job and my boss came to me about it and I told him to tell the customer to mark and drill the holes themselves I could just imagine what he would say ( and it wouldn't be good ) Don't get me wrong I love the game the design and the code is excellent that's why I'm going to spend 20 k on it . I can understand tight wires and switches not working but to forget putting holes where needed and to have the le toppers off centre seems lacking in QC . If you don't mention these issues nothing will change .
PS have you got a price on your coin door mod it looks really good.

#780 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Maybe , but I make medical equipment for a living and and everything has to be spot on . If I forgot to put in holes in a job and my boss came to me about it and I told him to tell the customer to mark and drill the holes themselves I could just imagine what he would say ( and it wouldn't be good ) Don't get me wrong I love the game the design and the code is excellent that's why I'm going to spend 20 k on it . I can understand tight wires and switches not working but to forget putting holes where needed and to have the le toppers off centre seems lacking in QC . If you don't mention these issues nothing will change .
PS have you got a price on your coin door mod it looks really good.

Wasn't doubting you and yes I suspect JJP wants this game to be as perfect as we do. Hard time comparing Medical equipment to a wooden box toy but I have different expectations of what is acceptable. We are very close on the coin door mod. Must say it Really turned out amazing we may consider offering something like this for other Special limited models per requests. We will have final pics and availability up soon. Thanks and Keep making those medical devices PERFECT!!!! lol

#781 5 years ago

Looking forward to the final version! I knew you were going to make something great!

#782 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Wasn't doubting you and yes I suspect JJP wants this game to be as perfect as we do. Hard time comparing Medical equipment to a wooden box toy but I have different expectations of what is acceptable. We are very close on the coin door mod. Must say it Really turned out amazing we may consider offering something like this for other Special limited models per requests. We will have final pics and availability up soon. Thanks and Keep making those medical devices PERFECT!!!! lol

Not much in this world is perfect , wheather it be medical furniture or a wooden box toy it's all about following steps and procedure and checking all the details to get it as close as possible to being perfect.
Looking forward to seeing more pics of your coin door mod. May all your holes be in the right places lol.

#783 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

20k ! Only 250 made

Dreams are free....

#784 5 years ago

Happy Friday ye scurvy Pirates!! The Mod Couple is Pleased to say the Complete pirate map silencer kit is now tested and might I say works Awesome!!! Kit now includes a solid keyed core with correct durometer rubber gear molded as one. Rigid yet flexible enough to silence the mesh noise along with some minor tooth pitch changes. Direct replacement you simply install the set screws from your gear into the threaded replacement easy-piesy. Thanks to #Rbviessman great suggestion we are Also including a set of self adhesive (1/8") foam rubber pads to the kit to isolate vibration to the playfield and a HUGE plus that now you can fine tune the disk level to the playfield! We will make a light version kit with only the rubber gear and pads for those that already bought the standard silencer kit. In test (2) separate machines the results were Incredibly good. Note not sneak up on a pirate silent but WAY better then stock and very easy to install! Yes my instructions can be daunting (lol) but keep in mind not Everyone is wrench savy, savy? Kits should be up today and know we did everything we could to keep costs down that gear was a B*&^h to make! I hope this can put a quiet rest to any disk concerns and back to pirating!!! Happy holidays to all and thank you so much for your support!

The Mod Couple

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg
#785 5 years ago

Kits are Now online and available from our Website store!! Thanks again and happy new year!

The Mod Couple

#786 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Kits are Now online and available from our Website store!! Thanks again and happy new year!
The Mod Couple

I did not see the one with just the rubber gear and additional pads, since I already bought the original kit. Is it not available yet?

#787 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I did not see the one with just the rubber gear and additional pads, since I already bought the original kit. Is it not available yet?

To those that bought the foam only kit please understand that we did say we were going to work on the Complete gear set over the holidays so we apologize if we missed the schedule. IF you ordered the foam only kit and wish to upgrade to the complete kit please just send me a PM and I can work out the upgrade minus the cost of the previous kit and reduced shipping. Hope that makes things a bit smoother we are working at the fastest pace we can... lol

The Mod Couple

#788 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

To those that bought the foam only kit please understand that we did say we were going to work on the Complete gear set over the holidays so we apologize if we missed the schedule. IF you ordered the foam only kit and wish to upgrade to the complete kit please just send me a PM and I can work out the upgrade minus the cost of the previous kit and reduced shipping. Hope that makes things a bit smoother we are working at the fastest pace we can... lol
The Mod Couple

Stop playing your game and work more!!! You have now created a monster that can only satisfied once you outfit every jjp potc with mods....

.... good luck

#789 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The Mod Couple

Do you have before/after videos showing the sound improvement? I’m curious what to expect, knowing of course it won’t make the disc silent.

#790 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Stop playing your game and work more!!! You have now created a monster that can only satisfied once you outfit every jjp potc with mods....
.... good luck

Hey you be nice!! This game is a thing of beauty so inspiration is too easy in this world Eric invented. If we can make the game just a bit quieter or more loved we succeeded!

#791 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

20k ! Only 250 made

10k maybe. The likelihood of any newer game selling above cost is super low. No recent game 2016 plus is selling higher than list.

#792 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

10k maybe. The likelihood of any newer game selling above cost is super low. No recent game 2016 plus is selling higher than list.

Not true ....

Alien sells above list.
Batman 66 sle sells above list.

#793 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

There are real diffences between this ce and other CE's and le's. Also factor in out of the 200 made the ones that have gone to Europe and Australia so supply will be very limited . I think they should hold their value very well. I for one won't sell mine for less than I paid for it , if at all.

#794 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Not true ....
Alien sells above list.
Batman 66 sle sells above list.

Supreme , Beatles platinum , The Big Lebowski

#795 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Supreme , Beatles platinum , The Big Lebowski

Tron
Magic Girl

#796 5 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

rhombus in the head, behind the backglass there should be a pair of wires that have the connectors you need to connect the topper. Mine were on the left side of the head near the speaker.

In addition to the wire that goes to the led strip mounted on the CPU cover? Thanks!

#797 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

For the disc. Under Playfield there is a large white piece that looks like a gear. It’s actually a lock nut. Remove it counterclockwise.
Then you can turn the big metal shaft/screw left or right to adjust level. Then put lock but back on. Should take 2 minutes.

Awesome, worked great, many thanks.

#798 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Do you have before/after videos showing the sound improvement? I’m curious what to expect, knowing of course it won’t make the disc silent.

Good request. Instead, how about someone buy a handheld sound meter for $10 take a smattering of readings with sound volume off and from different spots - before and after installing the disk dampening mod. Then we could have proof of x% sound reduction and y vs x sound levels. Would help sell the mod and be a good source for describing improvement.

I remember buying a CFTBL green creature enhancer once. It turned a faded blue/green creature to all green. The effect was 51% greener and well worth the $40 cost.

#799 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Good request. Instead, how about someone buy a handheld sound meter for $10 take a smattering of readings with sound volume off and from different spots - before and after installing the disk dampening mod. Then we could have proof of x% sound reduction and y vs x sound levels. Would help sell the mod and be a good source for describing improvement.
I remember buying a CFTBL green creature enhancer once. It turned a faded blue/green creature to all green. The effect was 51% greener and well worth the $40 cost.

Yes we could get technical with meters but the best way to describe the before and after (at least my game) is new it sounded like a blender with rocks in it, after the silencer kit it simply spins like a disk and is no longer distracting. lol Should be said we do not think the disk noise bothers everyone so not really a Must have but we wanted to offer a solution that works really well for the few like us that couldn't get past that noisy distraction.

#800 5 years ago

My wife, who is quite picky, said the disc was super annoying and distracting. After the mod, she doesn’t even notice the disc now. It truly is a must have. JJP should buy them from Yelobird and install at factory hah!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,187 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-potc-collectors-edition/page/16?hl=seenev and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.