51E7244B-00F6-4EB0-B591-B36EF4FB67BE (resized).jpeg
59F33700-17DC-487F-9702-4BDC8220499B (resized).jpeg
10A11C47-3FF6-4192-9791-240ACEEECB97 (resized).jpeg
BC53B7C8-7FF3-4CDB-903C-0217C2ED704C (resized).jpeg
22780689-6432-4F17-97B9-D48CC565DFA6 (resized).jpeg
B5A66C1E-59FF-4158-85B5-C2857B28478B (resized).jpeg
1EF91C26-FE26-40A3-9C57-BE2EE0E86DFB (resized).jpeg
4A86BFAD-0539-491E-8FC4-18BDD9250CF8 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,187 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 24.
#651 5 years ago

So while I’m glad I got my pirates ce today It’s kind of useless. Jjp did not include leg levers or the screws to attach the topper. Seeing everyone else’s missing items and issues it’s concerning to me how rushed and lack of qc that has been employed to get these out.

#652 5 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Would you have been this sure on Dialed In!?

Well I had a CE like you but bailed out. I would have zero concern on whether or not JJP creates another edition of POTCCE like a Black Pearl with the same topper. Not happening

Another edition like Black Pearl? If Potc sells no doubt. But I think they will be dealing with selling what they currently have right?

That topper is one of the only things that make it CE worthy. Jack told Joe no way on topper

Then again, we have seen it on Woz

#653 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Jjp did not include leg levers

I am sorry this happened. Perhaps borrow some off one of your other pins. I know it isn't right, but then you can play your pirates.

LTG : )

#654 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well I had a CE like you but bailed out. I would have zero concern on whether or not JJP creates another edition of POTCCE like a Black Pearl with the same topper. Not happening
Another edition like Black Pearl? If Potc sells no doubt. But I think they will be dealing with selling what they currently have right?
That topper is one of the only things that make it CE worthy. Jack told Joe no way on topper
Then again, we have seen it on Woz

JJP didn’t have 3 levels of games with WOZ or Hobbitt when they were released did they? My bet is now that they have gone to this Se, LE, CE model they won’t be rethemeing/reskinning games. We won’t see it with DI (not that there any good opportunities for this with the custom theme) and I bet we don’t see it with POTC. Time will tell I guess.

#655 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

So while I’m glad I got my pirates ce today It’s kind of useless. Jjp did not include leg levers or the screws to attach the topper. Seeing everyone else’s missing items and issues it’s concerning to me how rushed and lack of qc that has been employed to get these out.

Bummer man. Sorry to hear this. Easy to fix of course but very frustrating.

#656 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I am sorry this happened. Perhaps borrow some off one of your other pins. I know it isn't right, but then you can play your pirates.

Too hard to pick them up like this all for a temporary solution. And my topper screws were also missing.

#657 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Too hard to pick them up like this all for a temporary solution.

Anywhere you can find the local ? I doubt they could ship them so you'd have them before the holiday.

Quoted from Ilushka85:

And my topper screws were also missing.

I know. I am sorry. You can play the game without the topper until they send them to you.

#658 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Too hard to pick them up like this all for a temporary solution.

You are about an hour from Pinball Life.

Any friends closer you could borrow some from ?

#659 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Too hard to pick them up like this all for a temporary solution. And my topper screws were also missing.

Doubt it would help you much but I could give you a set to get your Pirate sailing. Not to far from me. PM if I could help.

#660 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Sorry to hear this happened.

If you steal the ones off your DI, could just leave them on the pirates. JJP will ship some out pronto, they are really fast at getting parts out and you could put them on the DI to minimize the work. Annoying for sure, but worth it to start playing pirates now.

Definately read through this and the other jjp pirates thread, will want to make sure the ship wires have enough slack so you don’t break any of the wires when the ship rocks back and forth. I wish I would have done that to prevent having to solder them back on.

Game is fantastic though, once everything gets worked out its all worth it.

#661 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Doubt it would help you much but I could give you a set to get your Pirate sailing. Not to far from me. PM if I could help.

Just pm’d you thank you !

#662 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Anywhere you can find the local ? I doubt they could ship them so you'd have them before the holiday.

I know. I am sorry. You can play the game without the topper until they send them to you.

Joe from pinballstar emailed jjp and I followed up early this afternoon. They read the emails and no response. You would think they could just overnight them tomorrow and I could have them Friday. But might just need to get them locally. For now I put the game down on the legs and put thick padding and cardboard below them. Not ideal but at least could fire the game up and see the beauty.

#663 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Just pm’d you thank you !

Replied. Just let me know when and how you want to get them. Just want to see you enjoy that Pirates over the holidays. No sense being upset over a minor mistake. Keep the ones they sent as a spare just in case this ever happens again. Lol.

#664 5 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

JJP didn’t have 3 levels of games with WOZ or Hobbitt when they were released did they? My bet is now that they have gone to this Se, LE, CE model they won’t be rethemeing/reskinning games. We won’t see it with DI (not that there any good opportunities for this with the custom theme) and I bet we don’t see it with POTC. Time will tell I guess.

I think JJP will create whatever “level” will sell a pinball machine after the fact

Nothing else you could with DI?

A Black Pearl IF Potc is popular and keeps selling is a gimme

#665 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think JJP will create whatever “level” will sell a pinball machine after the fact

The CE would have been cool to utilize a Flying Dutchman topper since that was Jones’s ship. Triple cannons and can come up out of the head of the machine like in the movies.

#666 5 years ago

Just got my CE yesterday, number 100. I assume someone cancelled as I put my order in last week with Joe and got instant delivery with R+L. Still sitting my garage till I get my Hobbit delivered tomorrow and the mover can take both up stairs for me. No way I can move a 350lb beast myself. So far the bad of it is that the unit took an impact and punched a hole in the box. That impact but a 1in divot in the back of the head unit. I didn’t realize that the head unit houses the controller boards so we will see if there is any damage when it’s setup tomorrow. So far though Joe has been all over the insurance for the shipment and is working to make things right. It’s a small bit of damage to the back of the unit but at 12.5k it’s going to start off perfect. Pics to follow if the impact point and damage so far. I’m hoping nothing further as this is a family gift.

5BCAA81F-1862-402B-94DB-FF8C952E1521 (resized).jpeg5BCAA81F-1862-402B-94DB-FF8C952E1521 (resized).jpeg6FD054A7-461C-4FE1-A548-174BDB7DFF4A (resized).jpeg6FD054A7-461C-4FE1-A548-174BDB7DFF4A (resized).jpegC9650D32-4918-470F-B920-26387A56F759 (resized).jpegC9650D32-4918-470F-B920-26387A56F759 (resized).jpeg
#667 5 years ago
Quoted from Furio:

I’m hoping nothing further as this is a family gift.

That's a shame. Why did you accept delivery with a hole punched into the box? Or did you do that yourself?

#668 5 years ago

What are people doing for side blades ?

#669 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's a shame. Why did you accept delivery with a hole punched into the box? Or did you do that yourself?

This is a Christmas gift. If the game is screwed up once it’s fully delivered, I will send it all back with an insurance claim. It’s more important to not screw up Christmas for the family than it is to squabble over what appears to be a repairable minor cosmetic issue. Joe has already lined up a new head unit with JJ and set the insurance claim in motion. I also like my number at 100, so I’d rather repair with new parts than shift to a different number than isn’t so even. Though, my tune may shift if I find more issues with my unit.

#670 5 years ago
Quoted from Furio:

This is a Christmas gift. If the game is screwed up once it’s fully delivered, I will send it all back with an insurance claim. It’s more important to not screw up Christmas for the family than it is to squabble over what appears to be a repairable minor cosmetic issue. Joe has already lined up a new head unit with JJ and set the insurance claim in motion. I also like my number at 100, so I’d rather repair with new parts than shift to a different number than isn’t so even. Though, my tune may shift if I find more issues with my unit.

Does the insurance cover an authorized jjp tech to install the new backbox? The warranty is written fairly strict in that it states that the warranty is voided unless repairs are done by an authorized jjp technician. I don’t even know how that is economically reasonable for most people especially ones that live in less populated areas. Not sure if they actually hold anyone to that as written though.

#671 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Does the insurance cover an authorized jjp tech to install the new backbox? The warranty is written fairly strict in that it states that the warranty is voided unless repairs are done by an authorized jjp technician. I don’t even know how that is economically reasonable for most people especially ones that live in less populated areas. Not sure if they actually hold anyone to that as written though.

Those are all things that will have to be figured out through insurance. I’m based in Orlando and have a tech locally that’s got a great rep. Not sure if he is a JJP certified tech though. Worst case this game is on site for a month and a replacement comes in later, but Christmas isn’t screwed up by not having the game here. The way insurance works is it covers replacement to the insured value. So they will try and go the cheap route first and repair it. Then realize that it can’t be repaired and replace it. They take the old unit and sell it as salvage for around 7k and replacement cost now only costs them 5-7k even with the attempted repairs value accounted for. I do insurance for a living so it’s not a bad process to navigate, just slow.

#672 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

The warranty is written fairly strict in that it states that the warranty is voided unless repairs are done by an authorized jjp technician.

Guess who jjp authorizes as the JJP technician..... find a mirror.

#673 5 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

JJP didn’t have 3 levels of games with WOZ or Hobbitt when they were released did they?

JJP had three Hobbit levels when they shipped: Standard, Limited Edition & Smaug Gold Special Edition.

#674 5 years ago

ce looks so much nicer without johnny!

#675 5 years ago

From a value perspective of the purchaser, it makes sense for JJP to just release their initial designs of their games. Launch the three editions as they are currently doing and ditch the reskin. This will prevent any buyers remorse and allow JJP to concentrate on getting the next title underway. Since I am a consumer of JJP pins, I may not make a purchase now and wait for secondary market or for the reskin of the game. This is if I felt that JJP would continue to make different machines after the run of the three initial versions. As a business owner, I would want the revenue stream upon launch and bring in as many potential buyers as possible while the machine/title is "hot". Deferring the decision of a potential customer bc of the unknown has proven to decrease revenue. Then again I have no clue as to their top/bottom line and their focus or refocus as the pin hits the market. I love JJP games and just want to see them succeed. I still feel that there should be more, or continue to be more, ways to separate and distinguish a CE purchase vs. an LE/SE. Just my thoughts

#676 5 years ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

Just my thoughts

Thanks for your thoughtful and constructive post.

I'm with you in hoping for JJP's long term success, and one way to facilitate that is for Jack to end a run with as few non-reuseable unique parts as he can. They can reuse screws, coils, and brackets in other games, but hundreds of Tortuga Tom sculpts, not so much.

The later, limited runs help turn those unique parts back into dollars for JJP to use for R&D and other things instead of spending more to warehouse the unobtanium parts of tomorrow. It's also a way to keep market mindshare in the long period between new pinball releases for everyone not named Stern.

#677 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ice, what are you asking me here? I'm saying the DI theme doesn't lend itself to a very marketable re-theme. Are they going to do a "Chaos in Quantum City" release? "Bob's Crazy Phone" edition? DI is top 3 game for me but don't see re-theme opportunities.

Quoted from iceman44:

If it happens hopefully it's just a basic reskin of the LE. Different trim, different art on the plastic topper, etc. Even some decal tweaks maybe.

#678 5 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

The later, limited runs help turn those unique parts back into dollars for JJP to use for R&D and other things instead of spending more to warehouse the unobtanium parts of tomorrow. It's also a way to keep market mindshare in the long period between new pinball releases for everyone not named Stern.

I don't think anybody is disagreeing with the fact that this approach is absolutely a great business decision and opportunity for JJP. I think we also all love the company and want them to be successful. This is what makes this so interesting to me.

They are marketing and justifying some of the "value" of these games due to "limited numbers and/or collectibility." Many (if not most) buyers are making their purchasing decisions on these same factors. As we all know, flooding the market with different versions of the game dilutes the limited numbers/uniqueness of the original models. We should all realize that these things are absolutely depreciating assets (especially levels like the CE) but, I assume, we all want to limit that depreciation as much as possible. Without a doubt, releasing additional versions of a game, that are perceived as desirable, is going to accelerate this depreciation and decline in demand.

#679 5 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Without a doubt, releasing additional versions of a game, that are perceived as desirable, is going to accelerate this depreciation and decline in demand.

Agreed on all your points. My CE shows up in a couple of hours and I certainly hope it retains as much value as possible. I would certainly prefer if these three trims were it for PotC, and off we go to a completely new design with the next release.

In almost 2019 words like "collector" and "limited" etc. set market expectations that are best observed. If the value of this CE drops considerably because of a Black Pearl edition or whatever I'll be much less likely to pull the CE trigger a second time--and of course they know that.

We'd also probably agree there are plenty of sound business reasons to do another version, and ultimately I want them to be around to support what I've bought from them and delight us in the future with great new games. Hopefully they're in a position to let these three models stand on their own considerable merits and move on.

#680 5 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

Hopefully they're in a position to let these three models stand on their own considerable merits and move on.

You hit the nail on the head here. I think both JJP and us buyers likely want the same thing but they may be in a position where they have to take the $$ now...even at the risk of sales on their limited edition releases moving forward.

Oh, and congrats on your CE shipping! Give us some updates and pics pretty please.

#681 5 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Give us some updates and pics pretty please.

Won't be terribly interesting today unfortunately, as it's raining and the box must sit for a few days for the yard to dry out so it can make the perilous journey to the basement door.

Was cleaning up the garage the other day, and when my wife asked what I was up to I told her I was prepping the cardboard box portrait studio.

#682 5 years ago

For WOZ and TH, the LE's (and Smaug Edition) had a set maximum that would be produced. Once they reached that production quantity, all that was left to produce was the standard editions. They created the RR and Black Arrow as unlimited production units to keep making an LE "type" or "style" of machine. With DILE and JJPOTCLE, they did not make a maximum declaration, but did provide the CE's instead with the maximum units declaration. Since the LE models are ironically unlimited (no maximum production units), they will likely not make additional variations/versions. CE buyers should not fear some better version coming along ... in my opinion.

#683 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

For WOZ and TH, the LE's (and Smaug Edition) had a set maximum that would be produced. Once they reached that production quantity, all that was left to produce was the standard editions. They created the RR and Black Arrow as unlimited production units to keep making an LE "type" or "style" of machine. With DILE and JJPOTCLE, they did not make a maximum declaration, but did provide the CE's instead with the maximum units declaration. Since the LE models are ironically unlimited (no maximum production units), they will likely not make additional variations/versions. CE buyers should not fear some better version coming along ... in my opinion.

Well explained and I agree with you 100%.

#684 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

While I like this thought process.... I will still live in constant fear. FOREVER.

#685 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

While I like this thought process.... I will still live in constant fear. FOREVER.

JJP PotCCE 10k by Christmas.

#686 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

JJP PotCCE 10k by Christmas.

Damn it... should have waited as its only a few days away.

#687 5 years ago

Curiously question for CE receivers. Did Jack or Eric Autograph the back of the game? Minor thing but they are celebrities now after all. Lol

#688 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Curiously question for CE receivers. Did Jack or Eric Autograph the back of the game? Minor thing but they are celebrities now after all. Lol

I dont believe so, but I can sign both of their names directly on your playfield glass with a rock if you want. How do you spell Eric's last name?

#689 5 years ago

So got my ce up thanks to eric. Two problems:

1. how does the button in the middle reach the switch.. because of the barnacles mine is not hitting the switch. If i unscrew the screw at the bottom it just barely reaches but the screw is also about to fall out. Seems the thing was designed to be flush against the metal but the barnacles raised it a bit and wont reach now.

2. After i close coin door or power on machine something on playfield is making a ticking noise like its stuck and trying to move... no error report.. what can i check?

#690 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

It is not signed by either.

#691 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

1. how does the button in the middle reach the switch.. because of the barnacles mine is not hitting the switch. If i unscrew the screw at the bottom it just barely reaches but the screw is also about to fall out. Seems the thing was designed to be flush against the metal but the barnacles raised it a bit and wont reach now.
2. After i close coin door or power on machine something on playfield is making a ticking noise like its stuck and trying to move... no error report.. what can i check?

1. Check that the button itself is screwed all the way in to the black plastic piece on the underside meant to hold it in. Also you could try bending/adjusting the physical switch that the metal screw touches.

2. have someone do the steps to get it to repeat and see if you can pinpoint it while they keep doing it? only idea i have there.

#692 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

my button was not hitting the switch either. It wasn't even close. I bent the switch way up, and now it hits it and works fine.

#693 5 years ago
Quoted from KirboTurbo:

my button was not hitting the switch either. It wasn't even close. I bent the switch way up, and now it hits it and works fine.

if i bend the leaf part of the switch it makes contact but then it does not push the leaf far enough down to hit the red part of the actual switch. its screwed down all the way also... seems like they used the wrong length on the CE and the same part as the le but the barnacles added distance.

#694 5 years ago

So the sound is because it thinks the canon is loaded. the switch opto is trigger and no ball in there. any ideas?

#695 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

if i bend the leaf part of the switch it makes contact but then it does not push the leaf far enough down to hit the red part of the actual switch. its screwed down all the way also... seems like they used the wrong length on the CE and the same part as the le but the barnacles added distance.

it does seem like it is button is not long. I don't think that the part that holds the switch came be moved up any higher on the machine. I had to bend the left side of the switch way up a bunch before it would make contact.

#696 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I dont believe so, but I can sign both of their names directly on your playfield glass with a rock if you want. How do you spell Eric's last name?

Too funny. I have a better idea, please sign the back with your name, ss# and bank account number wise ass. lol And you said Eric was the wise guy....

#697 5 years ago

Hey guys - There is a screw in the bottom of the shaft of the button that can be adjusted out a couple turns to make it 'longer' - That should clear up any issues with it not hitting the switch (or you can adjust the leaf on the switch). Whatever hoists your sails...

Thanks,

E

#698 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

if i bend the leaf part of the switch it makes contact but then it does not push the leaf far enough down to hit the red part of the actual switch.

Bend it past the part that pushes the small knob into the switch body. So you don't effect that.

#699 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

How do you spell Eric's last name?

Same as yours. Mueneir.

#700 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

So the sound is because it thinks the canon is loaded. the switch opto is trigger and no ball in there. any ideas?

Can of air, blow it out, check that the optical sensor wasn't knocked free in shipping. My right side maelstrom ramp optical switch pops out all the time for some reason.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

There are 1,187 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-potc-collectors-edition/page/14?hl=captchaos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.