51E7244B-00F6-4EB0-B591-B36EF4FB67BE (resized).jpeg
59F33700-17DC-487F-9702-4BDC8220499B (resized).jpeg
10A11C47-3FF6-4192-9791-240ACEEECB97 (resized).jpeg
BC53B7C8-7FF3-4CDB-903C-0217C2ED704C (resized).jpeg
22780689-6432-4F17-97B9-D48CC565DFA6 (resized).jpeg
B5A66C1E-59FF-4158-85B5-C2857B28478B (resized).jpeg
1EF91C26-FE26-40A3-9C57-BE2EE0E86DFB (resized).jpeg
4A86BFAD-0539-491E-8FC4-18BDD9250CF8 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,187 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 24.
#451 5 years ago

Can you send me a message so that I can get these mods for my game -- Where Do I go to get this mods for my game --

HEY DO YOU GOT A POWDER COATED COIN DOOR FOR US CE OWNERS.....??????

Quoted from Yelobird:

Enough turkey Back to Pirates Arrrr! Time to dress up the ship with some fine detail to head out on your voyage of Fun! All New barrel pop bumper caps to complete the remaining plastics on the LE/CE or all 4 on the standard. No pirate left behind! All barrel caps highly detailed and air brushed to perfection. Options include:
1 "Wheres the RUM!" custom pop bumper barrel which includes an illuminated Rum bottle, a dirty pirate hat, and of coarse Captain Barbossa's juicy green apple! Bottle changes color with game and really ties the room together! This cap was designed to fit in the Front right for clearance.
2 "Davy Jones Heart" custom barrel pop bumper cap with illuminated Beating red heart on a pile of sand, detailed telescope for spotting scaly wags, and the Key to Davy Jones heart! Rather eerie seeing the heart beat and a cool effect!
3 "East India Trading Co" raised letter custom pop bumper barrel. Designed to complete the look for JJP Standard buyers with the additional stationary pops. Very fine detail and a big improvement over the plastic.
ALL barrel pops available NOW to ship next day from our website store. Ye be warned, you will love this mod! lol Fits ALL models.
www.TheModCouplePinball.com
Thanks for viewing!
The Mod Couple
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from Yelobird:

Enough turkey Back to Pirates Arrrr! Time to dress up the ship with some fine detail to head out on your voyage of Fun! All New barrel pop bumper caps to complete the remaining plastics on the LE/CE or all 4 on the standard. No pirate left behind! All barrel caps highly detailed and air brushed to perfection. Options include:
1 "Wheres the RUM!" custom pop bumper barrel which includes an illuminated Rum bottle, a dirty pirate hat, and of coarse Captain Barbossa's juicy green apple! Bottle changes color with game and really ties the room together! This cap was designed to fit in the Front right for clearance.
2 "Davy Jones Heart" custom barrel pop bumper cap with illuminated Beating red heart on a pile of sand, detailed telescope for spotting scaly wags, and the Key to Davy Jones heart! Rather eerie seeing the heart beat and a cool effect!
3 "East India Trading Co" raised letter custom pop bumper barrel. Designed to complete the look for JJP Standard buyers with the additional stationary pops. Very fine detail and a big improvement over the plastic.
ALL barrel pops available NOW to ship next day from our website store. Ye be warned, you will love this mod! lol Fits ALL models.
www.TheModCouplePinball.com
Thanks for viewing!
The Mod Couple
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#452 5 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Can you send me a message so that I can get these mods for my game -- Where Do I go to get this mods for my game --
HEY DO YOU GOT A POWDER COATED COIN DOOR FOR US CE OWNERS.....??????

https://themodcouplepinball.com/collections/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-custom-mods-collection

#453 5 years ago

https://themodcouplepinball.com/

LTG : )

#454 5 years ago

Well thanks everyone for the support!! Love to support Richie like everyone on this Awesome game. My guess is this CE thread will be hopping if rumor is correct that they are racing down the line. Can't wait to see those toppers. Granted they won't match the black coin door......lol

#455 5 years ago

Just joined the ce party

#456 5 years ago

I love this CE machine. Congrats to you guys that get one. Seriously a Cool looking machine all around. Can't wait to see pics soon.

#457 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Just joined the ce party

Great...what number is yours?

#458 5 years ago

Eric was there this week watching the CE's come off the line I asked for some pics so we'll see how we go and by the way I'm Number 25

#459 5 years ago

Great...what number is yours?

21 to match my di ce

#460 5 years ago

I sure hope that mine will arrive before Christmas.

#461 5 years ago

Any chance we can get some pictures of them coming off the line?

#462 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Just joined the ce party

Just curious when you put your order in , I put my order in two days after they were announced and was told 25 was the lowest number available

#463 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Just curious when you put your order in , I put my order in two days after they were announced and was told 25 was the lowest number available

I think it was 12...as my number is 12

12 is my lucky number...I guess I just got lucky

#464 5 years ago

Jjp just posted pics on their FB page!!

#465 5 years ago

Why does it look like a 7 year old cut out the graphics here?

47319299_2296162860402297_6334554291713343488_o (resized).jpg47319299_2296162860402297_6334554291713343488_o (resized).jpg
#466 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

[quoted image]

I hate the cheesy Apron Decal....and it's the wrong color! Thought CE was a different apron in original pics, had Green Art.

#467 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I hate the cheesy Apron Decal....and it's the wrong color! Thought CE was a different apron in original pics, had Green Art.

Same apron in all 3 pics on their site and I think it goes well with the graphics on all 0 editions.

#468 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Same apron in all 3 pics on their site and I think it goes well with the graphics on all 0 editions.

Its sad that a 10k machine and 13k CE need a really good magnet apron cover out of the box.
I think it looks bad on all 3 editions.

#469 5 years ago

I personally liked the release version better, but we can't all get everything how we want it. Still looking good jjp.

#470 5 years ago

Had an initial deposit on POTCCE then bailed. After getting several games on the LE, I’m back in. Getting #69 to match my DICE. What a game.

#471 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

[quoted image]

OK?? Not sure what your referring to but that is a 3D sculpted coral scape not a decal. Similar to what they have shown on the CE for a year now granted a slightly different color scheme. I think Back Alley custom created every accent piece and from what I have seen he does amazing work. Might want to judge the final product.

#472 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

OK?? Not sure what your referring to but that is a 3D sculpted coral scape not a decal. Similar to what they have shown on the CE for a year now granted a slightly different color scheme. I think Back Alley custom created every accent piece and from what I have seen he does amazing work. Might want to judge the final product.

I’m not talking about that piece. I’m talking about the apron decal look at left corner by screen compared to right corner.

#473 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

I’m not talking about that piece. I’m talking about the apron decal look at left corner by screen compared to right corner.

My apologies I thought you were referring to the lock bar jewelry. OK, I guess I see what your looking at but that is a fairly small detail to imply a 7 year old did it?? You have higher expectations then I. lol Not a bad thing.

#474 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

My apologies I thought you were referring to the lock bar jewelry. OK, I guess I see what your looking at but that is a fairly small detail to imply a 7 year old did it?? You have higher expectations then I. lol Not a bad thing.

I would just expect it to have been cut by a machine and symmetrically cut. It looks hand cut. Granted I’m not 7 years old and probably would have done a worse job myself.

#475 5 years ago

While I’m sure it took many man hours to create that coral look it just doesn’t fit the game.
The coral and barnacles on Davey Jones crew are not that vibrant and lively.

Just looks out of place to me and would look better on a sponge bob square pants battle of bikini bottom pinball.

Glad I went with the LE, although I do envy the topper you guys get!

#476 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

While I’m sure it took many man hours to create that coral look it just doesn’t fit the game.
The coral and barnacles on Davey Jones crew are not that vibrant and lively.
Just looks out of place to me and would look better on a sponge bob square pants battle of bikini bottom pinball.
Glad I went with the LE, although I do envy the topper you guys get!

Wonder if these are removable and could get repainted by modfather

#477 5 years ago

Is this the first time that the top model of the line has different playfield art?

#478 5 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Is this the first time that the top model of the line has different playfield art?

Yes

#479 5 years ago

Finally a picture. I have to say I much prefer the original barnacles they look alot more realistic in color. I was hoping the armour was going to be like the hobbit le only green that would have been great but Davey Jones on the playfield helps make up for this he looks really good so much better than captain Jack.

IMG_20181209_195955 (resized).jpgIMG_20181209_195955 (resized).jpgIMG_20181209_195653 (resized).jpgIMG_20181209_195653 (resized).jpgIMG_20181209_200121 (resized).jpgIMG_20181209_200121 (resized).jpg
#480 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Finally a picture. I have to say I much prefer the original barnacles they look alot more realistic in color. I was hoping the armour was going to be like the hobbit le only green that would have been great but Davey Jones on the playfield helps make up for this he looks really good so much better than captain Jack.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I wonder what happened. The original version looks pretty darn good in comparison.

Must be licensing.

#481 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I wonder what happened. The original version looks pretty darn good in comparison.

Eric said they changed it a couple of times I was hoping for an octopus or something , side by side it's obvious which one looks better .

#482 5 years ago

hmm why the color of the side rails is different from the one on the lockbar ? i thought the CE colour for sides and lockbar was brownish, not black (as for the LE) as the picture realeased on FB show.

And defenitly, the first batch from 1 year ago so so much better than the spongebob's one showed 2 days ago

#483 5 years ago

You can not go by the pictures have to be seen in person to tell the real color.

#484 5 years ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

You can not go by the pictures have to be seen in person to tell the real color.

The shading and detail looks better on the original let alone the colours

#485 5 years ago

Just got an email that mine should be shipping in the next week or so. Looks like it might be a Pirate Christmas after all!

#486 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Eric said they changed it a couple of times I was hoping for an octopus or something , side by side it's obvious which one looks better .

Agree . . . really disappointed with the new version. Looks like I may have to send them to back to Matt at Back Alley to have them re-painted as he initially intended.

#487 5 years ago

Oh wow. Original Barnacles and powder coat look way better a year ago. This bulk job to get CE's out seems a rush job.

#488 5 years ago

Hmmm...is the lock down bar even green? I can't quite tell. Looks black to me. Barnacles match the bright green around Davey Jones on play field, but I like the more realistic colors from original release version. Maybe it all looks better in person, but I really liked the original better based off of pics.

#489 5 years ago

A single cell phone picture of the lock down bar/sticker and the game is being thrashed. I have no idea why they wouldn’t keep posting build images of the game prior to release....lol. In typical JJP fashion I suspect this model and every detail as a complete package will be Awesome! There is no doubt any/all changes will not be loved by all but this will be a special game for certain.

#490 5 years ago

I just wanted to share a custom PinCup for the POTC CE , I did for a customer. The base color is a rustic brown with a haze of olive green over it. Over grown coral, shells and barnacles are are formed over the edges of the PinCup to give it a realistic look and feel. A thick gloss clearcoat is brushed on for great durability and matches the factory trim well. It also comes with gold decal of a pirate with crossed swords which looks pretty cool too. This and other interesting mods can be found at www.modfatherpinball.com

potc JJP cup (2) (resized).jpgpotc JJP cup (2) (resized).jpgnew pirate cups (3) (resized).jpgnew pirate cups (3) (resized).jpgpotc JJP cup (4) (resized).jpgpotc JJP cup (4) (resized).jpg
#491 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

... but Davey Jones on the playfield helps make up for this he looks really good so much better than captain Jack.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Maybe. Not sure I'd want to have to look at Davey Jones's squid-face all the time though. Either way, neither his image nor Jack Sparrow's are a highpoint of the art package for me.

#492 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

A single cell phone picture of the lock down bar/sticker and the game is being thrashed.

I don't think 100 photos would make it look better than the original and I don't think anyone is " thrashing " the game .

Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Not sure I'd want to have to look at Davey Jones's squid-face all the time

That's cool everybody has their own opinion I usually find the baddies are the coolest if it was Star Wars and I had a choice between Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader I would be going Darth .

#493 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

A single cell phone picture of the lock down bar/sticker and the game is being thrashed. I have no idea why they wouldn’t keep posting build images of the game prior to release....lol. In typical JJP fashion I suspect this model and every detail as a complete package will be Awesome! There is no doubt any/all changes will not be loved by all but this will be a special game for certain.

Thrashed? Your pension for hyperbole is noted.

#494 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Thrashed? Your pension for hyperbole is noted.

Ok maybe thrashed was a bit much but we really do get judgemental based on very little content. Lol. Just saying this game (CE) will be an ultimate masterpiece so consider giving them the benefit of doubt that they want it perfect also. We have had our LE for a month now and in Person the colors and quality are simply brilliant. I suspect the CE will be every bit as special.

#495 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok maybe thrashed was a bit much but we really do get judgemental based on very little content. Lol. Just saying this game (CE) will be an ultimate masterpiece so consider giving them the benefit of doubt that they want it perfect also. We have had our LE for a month now and in Person the colors and quality are simply brilliant. I suspect the CE will be every bit as special.

I'm sure all will end well, but many of these people are dropping 12.5K for this pinball machine.
At that price point, each buyer has a right to be (overly) critical and mouth off a bit.
And any manufacturer asking 12.5K better be prepared for criticism.

#496 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

... pension for hyperbole ...

New kind of retirement plan provided at The Mod Couple?

#497 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

we really do get judgemental based on very little content.

I thought giving your opinions and impressions were the whole point of these threads.

#498 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I'm sure all will end well, but many of these people are dropping 12.5K for this pinball machine.
At that price point, each buyer has a right to be (overly) critical and mouth off a bit.
And any manufacturer asking 12.5K better be prepared for criticism.

Exactly.

Especially as from the photo posted, it does look worse, no doubt about it.

#499 5 years ago

That's cool everybody has their own opinion I usually find the baddies are the coolest if it was Star Wars and I had a choice between Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader I would be going Darth .

So true, awesome villains are what make a good story great. Disney has badass villains down really well. Maleficent is a classic in pure evil villainy, love these bad guys and gals.

#500 5 years ago

I think If I just add some dirt and mud to the barnacles
....then that will dull it up so the colors are not so bright and will blend with the lockdown bar. Easy fix...Dirt and water.

Original version is a better match...but it is what it is....

My big issue is that apron.....WTF....but....Its a.great game and we can not get what we all want.....

I have come to learn that therapy has been a big help to me to not get excited anymore. Enjoy the game...Invite ur friends and family over to play and all...and when it's all said and done u can all change what u want to ur own likes and needs.

Ooossss.....Fraaaaaaa.....Baaaaaaa

Ooosssss.....Fraaaaaaa....Baaaaaa

See......It works much better now

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Wanted
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,187 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-potc-collectors-edition/page/10?hl=rgzpinx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.