(Topic ID: 332277)

JJP Poll: Godfather, Harry Potter, or Other... What's next?

By SantaEatsCheese

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What is the next JJP Pin (3/2/2023)?”

• Harry Potter 22 votes
      22%
    • Godfather 69 votes
      69%
    • Other 9 votes
      9%

(100 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1519 (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

What do you guys believe is next from JJP. Harry Potter or Godfather? Answer in poll. Not what we want (cough Harry Potter) but what we think is coming.

#2 1 year ago

I can't see anyone under 25 years of age dropping coins in Godfather on route. HP though, I'm 48 and have kids that are 13 and 15 and would lose their mind if it was HP. Either way I have fomo and will probably buy the next JJP.

#3 1 year ago

I honestly hope it's not Harry Potter. I need some recoup time as I have a Scooby on and a Foo LE on order. My Scooby should be in by May.

#4 1 year ago

Trust me...... Its not Harry Potter.......

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from chriscable34:

I honestly hope it's not Harry Potter. I need some recoup time as I have a Scooby on and a Foo LE on order. My Scooby should be in by May.

What number Scooby are you that you anticipate a May delivery? (trying to get a sense on when to expect mine)

#6 1 year ago

I'm going with Eric doing Godfather, and by Expo time Steve Ritchie's game.

LTG : )

#7 1 year ago

I am 341

Quoted from ericcsgmu:

What number Scooby are you that you anticipate a May delivery? (trying to get a sense on when to expect mine)

#8 1 year ago

If I had a choice between either of them, it would be Harry Potter. (And that’s coming from someone who is not a Harry Potter fan.)

However I believe it’s Godfather.

Overall, I know Eric kicked butt on it!

#9 1 year ago

Hopefully a massive code update for GNR that's desperately needed and the super wizard mode for Pirates that's been missing for years.

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Hopefully a massive code update for GNR that's desperately needed and the super wizard mode for Pirates that's been missing for years.

Naw....the new game will push all that stuff to the back of everyone's mind.

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bmanpin:

I can't see anyone under 25 years of age dropping coins in Godfather on route. HP though, I'm 48 and have kids that are 13 and 15 and would lose their mind if it was HP. Either way I have fomo and will probably buy the next JJP.

I think there's decent evidence that young people enjoy 50 year old weighty dramas too and would be happy to give something like this a shot. A few months ago TikTok and Tumblr went crazy with elaborate fake recollections of a nonexistent Martin Scorsese movie called Goncharov. Sure it was a joke, but it was based on those kids' actual appreciation of 70s crime dramas.

I think this theme has a ton of promise if they lean into the characters and don't treat it like a gangster action movie. I like art that tries to create an audience instead of being created for an audience. I know that's complicated in an industry like this where artists and craftspeople depend on this game succeeding to feed their families, but I hope they let it be what it is.

#12 1 year ago

A good fun pin is just that regardless of theme. Theme alone personally I’d pass on both. Maybe a Goodfellas or Scarface but not Godfather

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

What do you guys believe is next from JJP. Harry Potter or Godfather? Answer in poll. Not what we want (cough Harry Potter) but what we think is coming.

I voted other because I hope it's a redue of pirate's.

#14 1 year ago

This pinball shop here in the UK has announced 6 hours ago The Godfather 50th anniversary pinball...
    Here is the link to the video
    https://www.facebook.com/198050760232202/posts/682996270498733

IMG_1519 (resized).jpgIMG_1519 (resized).jpg
    #15 1 year ago
    Quoted from apinapple:

This pinball shop here in the UK has announced 6 hours ago The Godfather 50th anniversary pinball...
    Here is the link to the video
    https://www.facebook.com/198050760232202/posts/682996270498733
    [quoted image]

Dude

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-poll-godfather-harry-potter-or-other-what-s-next and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.