• Latest reply 4 years ago by gumnut01
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Choose which game you like most”

• JJP Pirates Standard is good enough 40 votes
    31%
  • JJP Pirates LE because you lose too many features with the standard (assuming you will pay about 2k more at this point for an LE over a standard) 64 votes
    50%
  • Star Trek Premium is more fun 16 votes
    13%
  • Game of Thrones Premium is more fun 7 votes
    6%

(127 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190324_190239 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider f3honda4me.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

I would be scared to buy Pirates Nib right now. It seems to be plagued with issues. They will make more.....they always do.

It’s not. Everyone having little or no issues isn’t posting every day how their POTC continues to be trouble free. And for those that do, we get chastised for it.

Only issue I had with my POTC was a screw loose and a bulb popped out. I have a small chip by a post that has not changed in 1000 plays.

As someone who buys sterns, there is no stern even close to pirates for me. Buy a standard, add a shaker, and enjoy one of the best pins ever made.

#24 4 years ago

Sterns don’t break because there’s practically nothing in them to break.

That said my sterns break just as much as any other pin I’ve owned. Though I’ve had more problems NIB on my sterns than JJP. But anecdotes are anecdotal.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Come on, Honda dude, knock it off.

It’s a joke, to illustrate how ridiculous the anti JJP crowd is. :p

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I get it but you are sounding super anti Stern in your posts! If you changed your name to bmw4me, you’d like Stern better, to continue the car analogy! I love JJP and will add one eventually.

It’s a super old forum name I use. I owned an F3 as a young lad. I’m not anti stern at all. I own and buy them all the time.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Not true Matt
No offense but you have two Stern pins
It’s not a “joke”. You have been around here less than a year
JJP problems are well documented, and I have a POTCCE on the way
It’s a “joke” as well how bad the anti Stern crowd is
You have an AS pro and IMDN premium
What else have you owned?
Stern pins have been awesome, like em or not
There are many reasons they sell 12k per yr and JJP doesn’t even come close

Why do you always have to make it personal? You do realize that joining pinside does not mean that life before doing so is irrelevant. It matters absolutely zero how long I’ve “been on pinside”. I spent my teenage years in the 90s pinball frenzy playing endless pins at an arcade we owned and have been playing pins ever since. I’ve owned many throughout the years. My pinside “history” collection only contains pins that I’ve been tracking since I joined pinside, because the forum feature looked cool so I thought I’d use it.

In the past 6 months I’ve bought Star Wars, Star Trek, GotG, IMDN, and now Aerosmith. How many sterns have you bought the past 6 months? I’m practically buying one stern per month, so it’s safe to say I like sterns. I mean doesn’t every stern hater spend $5k a month on sterns?

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

That’s a lot of Sterns in a short time...you’re burning some midnight oil for sure! Maybe I made a mistake on POTC. It is a great game, although the last movies sucked. Toy Story, I’m in.

Because of my parents operating pins at an arcade I’m used to changing pins often. After that, starting in 2004, I had been buying pins off and on over the years. But now that we live in a home that could fit potentially 10 or more pins, that old habit came back quickly, so I’ve been buying and selling pins with greater frequency like we used to at the arcade. Old habits die hard I guess. :p

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ridiculous comments like "there is nothing in there to break" is just plain ignorant, especially for someone that claims to keep buying Stern games?

It was sarcasm. It was making fun of people who post ridiculous comments by posting a ridiculous comment. Maybe it was too subtle. :p

And I’m not just claiming it, I actually do it. I have pics of 4 of those pins in my game room at some point on this forum. I even made a video of my Iron Maiden unboxing. My Aerosmith is arriving this week, bought it from Lermods.

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

OK guys time to take them out add see whos is bigger

After re reading, I have no ill will towards iceman. I think my sarcasm was too subtle and he took it as serious and acted accordingly. Water under the bridge.

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah man I missed the sarcasm!
The thread is about JJP Potc and it looks great to me. I’m excited to to explore the journey!
Stern premiums offer some excellent pins at decent value
My favs are BM66 and TWD
I’d love to see TWD remade with an LCD

TWD is on my list, near the top. LE preferably. I’ve played it and with cleland mod it’s fantastic.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider f3honda4me.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-vs-?tu=f3honda4me and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.