(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 hours ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (5 years ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (5 years ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (5 years ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (5 years ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (5 years ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (5 years ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zmeny.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#61 6 years ago

SDTM Episode 51: Pirates of the Caribbean Pinball Machine Review - Deluxe Edition Part 1

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Look what I been playing all night.

I love that place!

1 week later
#65 6 years ago

Is it a HIT or a FLOP?!

SDTM Episode 52: JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Deluxe Review Part 2

6 months later
#235 5 years ago
Quoted from Navy_AT1:

Still looking for an unboxing vid for this game gah waiting two months is going to suck to unbox my own...

Still looking to film an unboxing vid for this game...

3 weeks later
#395 5 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Tonight we talk with hogbog of Jersey Jack Pinball about all things Pirates of the Caribbean! Reply with your questions or email [email protected] and we'll answer them on the show. Live at 8 p.m. Eastern: http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball[quoted image]

Ive got a question for him........hahaha

1 week later
#583 5 years ago

Played another production Pirates last night, not mine of course......, gameplay was smooth af and had me wanting to keep pressing the Start button. Owner had to make numerous tweaks though out of the box.

1 week later
#977 5 years ago
Quoted from Rbviessman:

psw757
Here’s the framed picture I talked about. It came out great!
[quoted image]

Ya know, I don’t mind that at all. Nicely done.

2 weeks later
#1436 5 years ago

#356 is in the house! Unboxing coming soon!

#1491 5 years ago

SDTM Unboxing/Rum Run: JJP Pirates of the Caribbean

SDTM Zach does a Rum Run on JJP’s newest pinball machine. Yarrr!!

#1497 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

This top shelf game deserves a little better than captain morgan! Lol☠️

It all tastes like shit to me haha

Quoted from drewski28:

Good grief pretty much eight shots while putting together a game!!!! For a guy who hates drinking I'm amazed you could stand! You sure you weren't pulling the old Super Troopers iced tea gag? Hahaha

Game Exchange JJ trained me well

Quoted from mountaingamer:

That was food coloring

The next day I wished it was food coloring

#1636 5 years ago

Ahhhh....much better.

Move over Tortuga Tom, Captain Jack Sparrow is coming aboard!

I love this mod!!!

SDTM Zach’s Bad Ass Jack Sparrow Replacement Mod for JJP POTC LE/CE

1BF0CC8D-9B8A-499F-9E1E-B11CE5BECD89 (resized).jpeg1BF0CC8D-9B8A-499F-9E1E-B11CE5BECD89 (resized).jpeg4BE796B5-5DC3-4C21-B335-B2B8A4FAACA5 (resized).jpeg4BE796B5-5DC3-4C21-B335-B2B8A4FAACA5 (resized).jpeg8AAA39FB-FC02-4D2B-9919-C606B633965F (resized).jpeg8AAA39FB-FC02-4D2B-9919-C606B633965F (resized).jpegA3260A40-A217-4DE6-9F85-86B5EF4D0A5E (resized).jpegA3260A40-A217-4DE6-9F85-86B5EF4D0A5E (resized).jpegF535B4C6-8D78-46C6-A206-7838E52EBE1B (resized).jpegF535B4C6-8D78-46C6-A206-7838E52EBE1B (resized).jpeg
#1641 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Never did understand Tortuga Tom. This is awesome! Does Tortuga Tom come off or is this a new barrel top too?

Quoted from arcadem:

That is great! Where can I get one?

Tom is removed easily from pop with two screws.

Basically I purchased a 6 or 7 inch NECA figurine (I think it was Dead Mans Chest Series 1? with rock base). I pulled off bottom half of Jack, cleaned it up, removed pop bumper (2 screws), removed Tom (two screws), marked the holes for bottom of Jack, made small pilot holes, then screwed in Jack to barrel using same Tom screws, then put pop back on.

CAUTION: This may not hold up over time and may void your warranty so do so at your own risk.

#1642 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

How about this instead! There is enough Depp already!!!!!!!!

Oh cmon gotta have Sparrow In The Barrel!

#1648 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Hey Zack. Very clever. Thanks for sharing. I 'm guessing that you used epoxy or glue to set the sword and jug into the figure's hands so they don't fly off. Assuming you have sobered up from your unboxing effort, how are you liking your POTC so far?

Yes a little superglue worked wonders but like Yelp said May be wise to superglue the joints so that the arms stay in place. I’m loving it so far, but I still need more home-owner time to find a good strategy to tackle the journey, because I’m far from comfortable with it yet

#1656 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

What did you cut him in half with to get a clean cut?

Like many figurines there is a joint at his waist. I just pulled it off and shaved down the middle portion that was originally attached to the waist (you can’t miss it). The rest of his waist is already a clean, flat cut.

1 week later
#2001 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Goodbye Tom, hello Jack. Series II figure.
[quoted image][quoted image]

No more eyeless pirate! Nicely done

5 months later
#9898 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Funny how everyone wants this guys approval. I actually watched all of SDTM reveal and review of this game. Was entranced and it was a huge factor in me getting this game. I believed from their videos that this was the best pinball had to offer. Then a few episodes later they brush Pirates aside as being too complicated with its code. This was a few weeks after they praised how great it was. So go figure. Reviewers opinions change so quickly. They must be writing it down on water.

We have never backed off our praise of POTC, not sure where you heard us brush it off weeks later. You must be thinking of someone else. I continue to own the game and thinks its one of the best out there. Got to a mini-wizard two nights ago and felt like I climbed Everest. haha

Quoted from rs812:

I have based my collection on doing the exact opposite of what SDTM recommends.

To each their own, but you do own a Star Wars Prem/LE which I continue to praise for being one of stern's best ever made, as well as a few others in your collection that we love.

#9972 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yeah I don't recall Zach or sdtm brushing it off either. Maybe bc they never did a proper review? That might be bc Zach sells jjp pins which is understandable. I know Zach's mentions a few times that he really enjoys it and it's at his home ... Bone already declared it one of the best ever in his top 10. I was surprised to see it didn't make Zach's list.

We reviewed potc an entire year before I became a distro. Hey Delt we seldom see eye-to-eye, but at least we can both agree that this game is one of the greats. Haha

#10010 4 years ago
Quoted from MarZ_78:

Got it. Installed it. It's awesome!!! Shooter rod from steigerpijp.[quoted image]

Ok damn it i want that!

2 years later
#17563 2 years ago

Here she is! Congrats to those that got one! It’s one of the best ever.

#17572 2 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

ZMeny How loud is it? This was my main problem with the CE topper and it looks like this one has several motors.
Would love the option to disable the water sculpts movement.

Oddly, my answer initially would be I don’t know. And that’s because I never thought about it, which is the best feedback on servo sounds I can think of. I was at a friend’s last night (where I installed it for the video) and we were talking about the noise of the JJP CE topper and we laughed about the fact that we hadn’t talked about the Elite topper noise because we never noticed it having any alarming sounds. You can hear the echo of my voice in that big garage so any sound would have been amplified and I still didn’t notice. I’m sure they make sounds all servos do typically but I didn’t notice so I don’t really know.

#17573 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

I dont know if it does this... BUT if the GI mode colors change in the topper as well that would be amazing

The backlighting effects are the subtle game changer in my opinion. Everything else slaps you in the face with how cool it looks, but the backlighting really was the nice touch on this topper.

#17576 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Thanks ZMeny maybe my questions was confusing… so as you know when you enter a mode on the le and ce the gi changes color for the mode your in… green for example… does that topper change color as well?

to my knowledge no. The topper taps into the game in two spots. I believe the waves tap into the boat and change speed based on the speed changes of the Black Pearl playfield. And the tentacles tap into the front of the cabinet and are activated more when gold is being collected. Then when the topper lcd display strikes lightening on screen, the backlighting flashes on the wall like ambient lightening strikes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.00
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zmeny.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=zmeny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.