(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (5 years ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (5 years ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (5 years ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (5 years ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (5 years ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (5 years ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zavadoza.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#118 5 years ago

My weekend just started early.

20180913_151140 (resized).jpg20180913_151140 (resized).jpg20180913_151825 (resized).jpg20180913_151825 (resized).jpg
#120 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Nice... You have all 4 of JJP's games. How do you like Pirates so far?

Even better than I expected, tbh. Gameplay is a lot of fun. There is so much to explore and do. Sound is so rich and immersive in a home environment. Instant favorite for my wife.

2 weeks later
#262 5 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

Please,
There are two outcomes to firing the cannon. A hit, or a bullseye. Not too long ago JP added videos for each outcome. There are big and huge audio outcomes for each. These are the LOUDEST sounds in the game. All of the JJP streams only incidentally capture game audio from the mike so the real experience obtained by standing in front of a pin after blowing up the ship is not available.
The explosions are big, the orchestra goes nuts and it is very rewarding. It used not to be, it is now.
This event happens when the ball is wild and it is as big as it can be without nerfing your ability to continue playing.
There is considerable low frequency content in these fanfares and those with subs attached will notice it.
ddt

I've had my game at home for almost a month now. Congratulations and thank you for the work you did on this title. The sound effects and music are so immersive and rich. There is a lot of variety that I'm still discovering and I love the theme music for different character's chapters. It really adds to the drama and excitement of the game.

This the best sounding score I've ever heard in a pin and it's an original score. Well done David!

#289 5 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

Great point about the scratch off motion for the lottery. I don't know why POTC doesn't use that feature to grab gold.

The scratch is one motion. There can be many pieces of gold and the time you spend with your fingers there and not on the flipper is the risk/reward. The action button is much better for this.

You constantly collect gold in POTC and you would feel so stupid waving your hand in the air all game.

#317 5 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Here's an OCD pro tip: I think it's wise to add some mylar/vinyl to the chapter start cove area. The ball in that area is dragged back and forth several times each game when it's shot up there, and it's a small, tight area. I'm guessing over heavy usage it will start to wear.

I think you're right.

I love the mode start. For those that don't know, there's a magnet underneath that throws the ball around. For each stand up the ball hits, the shaker rumbles and there's a cannon fire sound effect. A lot of the time it does several cannon shots. It's pretty cool.

2 weeks later
#401 5 years ago
Quoted from ptrav1:

Chest releasing two balls instead of one. Solution?

There's a setting. go to VUK (even though it's not a vuk) and look for chest release firing timer. Something to that effect. Default is 3 seconds. Change it to 2.

1 month later
#1241 5 years ago
Quoted from AdamTheHutt:

pinball_keefer
dnaman
Hey guys, no it wasn't just the start up VGA notification/boot screen that was upside down. The entire screen was. All animations after start up where being displayed upside down.All tips and game modes etc. Even while playing. After taking it out and flipping it around, its been proper ever since.
Great game so far, super deep. VERY VERY disappointing there's no movie sound clips of characters, or the infamous theme song. In fact I still can't believe it and im hoping its hidden somewhere, because oh man its like a starwars game without the opening crawl music. *facepalm*

The theme song is infamous?

3 weeks later
#2186 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I don't necessarily dislike the jack sparrow character. I'm just not a fan of layouts that just show a big picture of a character on the playfield with no real function other than to show the brand. It just seems cheesy. If they have to brand that area, I think the skull and crossbones from the ride/movie logo would have been better thematically.

That's the translite and topper. There's also 5 skulls on the playfield (each unique to it's corresponding movie). You're saying to replace Jack Sparrow with more of this? Great suggestion. IDK why they have the main character on the game at all.

3 years later
#17557 2 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

So the Elite Topper went up for sale today, but no picture or video for $2500

The written word is powerful. I was going to buy it at release, went to the doctor and had a couple of meetings and totally spaced it until it was just sold out. It sounds incredible.

Quoted from Reznnate:

And it sounds like nearly 100 morons bought it. It doesn't even affect gameplay.
The worst part IMHO is we've justified this form of sales tactic. Shame on elite toppers and shame on us.
We kinda deserve it if they never ship. But I do hope they ship mine soon.

It's not the FOMO tactic for me. I wished the LE came with the rocking ship. This will be far better. It's not insane to spend that money on it when you know there's a market for it if/when you ever sell.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Wanted
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zavadoza.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=zavadoza and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.