(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (5 years ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (5 years ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (5 years ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (5 years ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (5 years ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (5 years ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

718 posts in this topic match your search for posts by yelobird. You are on page 1 of 3.
#67 5 years ago

Arrrrr GOLD! We are proud to introduce our First JJP Pirates custom GOLD mod. The CE models got barnacle the standard and LE owners deserve Gold! A very simple yet highly detailed add on to dress up the lock down bar and highlight to remind you to collect yer treasures! Each piece airbrush detailed for an authentic look worthy of such a fine machine. The mod kit also includes a single pirate coin translucent decal to perfectly detail the center illuminated button! Mod is simple to add and does Not effect play or originality should you wish to reverse later. Plunder this mod and be ready for when they start shipping!!! Arrrrrrr. Available now via our New website store. www.TheModCouplePinball.com Thank all you scurvy Pirates for liking our products!!!

The Mod Couple

IMG_0097 (resized).jpgIMG_0097 (resized).jpgIMG_0101 (resized).jpgIMG_0101 (resized).jpgIMG_0106 (resized).jpgIMG_0106 (resized).jpgIMG_0109 (resized).jpgIMG_0109 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#70 5 years ago

Dead men tell no tales! We are proud to introduce our newest JJP Pirates custom Deadmen sign mod. A very simple yet highly detailed add on to dress up the devils triangle entrance! Each piece airbrush detailed for an authentic look worthy of such a fine machine. Mod is simple to install and does Not effect play or originality should you wish to reverse later. While shown in the preferred location above the devils triangle entrance you could install it to your personal taste also! Plunder this mod and be ready for when they start shipping!!! Fits ALL JJP versions! Enter at yer own risk, available Now along with many other unique custom Mods via our new online store. www.TheModCouplePinball.com
The Mod Couple

DeadMen_EDITED (resized).pngDeadMen_EDITED (resized).pngDeadmen2 (resized).pngDeadmen2 (resized).pngDeadmen5 (resized).pngDeadmen5 (resized).png
#71 5 years ago

Escape the Hangman ye be warned! We are proud to introduce our newest JJP Pirates custom Hangman Gallows mod. A very simple yet highly detailed add on to dress up the Escape the hangman out-lane! Each piece airbrush detailed for an authentic look worthy of such a fine machine and even includes an Ever so cute perfectly details parrot. You can't have pirates without a parrot!! Mod is simple to install and does Not effect play or originality should you wish to reverse later. Plunder this mod and be ready for when they start shipping!!! Don't get caught by the hangman, Available today from our store and www.TheModCouplePinball.com

Thanks for checking it out,
The Mod Couple

IMG_0249 (resized).jpgIMG_0249 (resized).jpgIMG_0250 (resized).jpgIMG_0250 (resized).jpgIMG_0258 (resized).jpgIMG_0258 (resized).jpgPOTC_Gallow_Photoshop (resized).pngPOTC_Gallow_Photoshop (resized).png
2 months later
#176 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

This is not what I was told by my distributor.
That shipment was like 4 weeks ago for the overseas people.

Its Possible your distributor is just telling you what you want to hear as he has no other answers to continue giving you.... When these begin to roll I am certain we will all know about it in short order. I think at times we forget that Nobody wants these to ship more than the OEM.

#178 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I haven't talked to my distro in almost 2 weeks. I heard this second hand from other distro.

Ok? You did state "what I was told by My distributor" regardless, the overseas statement as well as anything else we come up with is simply a Rumor at this point. The only fact will be when games are shown arriving which as I said Nobody wants to happen more the JJP and team. If they want to make it perfect I see no issue with that or any reason to complain. I'm paid in full and when this amazing machine is done I will slide it in and enjoy it then.

#180 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Dude - not sure what the attitude is about but I had that conversation back in August and has nothing to do with the question asked.
Am I missing something here? I didn't ask anything about where the games are.

ok I think your taking it a bit to serious. You made the statement 7 Hours ago so I simply replied to it. Nuff said. We ALL want our games and I am certain they will be here. Just trying to answer your questions about MFG issues (30 minutes ago). We are all in the same waiting line just passing the time nothing personal.......

1 week later
#237 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Still looking to film an unboxing vid for this game...

Still waiting to see a left handed pliers and butter knife Speed unboxing of this pin while whistling a pirate song in a pirate outfit. Bonus points if your sloggered in rum!

1 week later
#284 5 years ago
Quoted from jcoble:

Got the word Friday that mine is ready and will ship Monday! Going to be a great flipping week!

Congrats thats awesome!!

#324 5 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I bet this ends up being a rare game in the future due to low production numbers. Unfortunately, this pin has had a really bumpy start.

Heck no. A slow and cautious start but this game (in just My opinion) will hit massive numbers and they will be making it for Many years to come. As close to a art/code/shot masterpiece as you can get.

1 week later
#394 5 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Tonight we talk with hogbog of Jersey Jack Pinball about all things Pirates of the Caribbean! Reply with your questions or email [email protected] and we'll answer them on the show. Live at 8 p.m. Eastern: http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball[quoted image]

Looking forward to it. Question for Eric: Did you start the mechanical design after collaboration with the software teams code vision or did they write the “code story” as they seen the mechanical direction unfold. Also, did you have involvement in some of the software code direction. Amazing Pin!!

#397 5 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

I'll ask so your game gets bumped back another spot. I've got your back!

Or he will take a crap in Zach's Maelstrom hole before it ships. lol

#413 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Looks nice. Where did you get the artblades and the background for the topper ?
Greetings

Those are both custom aftermarket and do not come with the LE. The game comes with a topper but it is Very basic.

#416 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Just wondering where ya'll are setting your bubbles? Mine is set at the second line with top of bubble just touching it.

I rarely trust a bubble as it’s just a guess. Use the PinGuy app (or equivalent) to level for a bit more accuracy. I’m at 7 degrees and feels good to me.

#418 5 years ago

Finally broke 2 million yesterday dam I stink at pinball. This game is an Addictive cinematic marvel. From art to animation they hit a home run. A few Minor ball stuck area adjustments but otherwise perfect. Haven’t had this much fun with a new pin in some time.

#470 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Great don’t have that tool set.
Love what 10k buys me!

It’s not the end of the world it’s a 2$ bracket. One of mine had a burr on the tread also. Simple fix to try. Remove leg, install bolt from Inside of cabinet going out. Often this will push the small thread burr out and simply reinstall the leg as normal. Will work just take your time.

#476 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

On another note while I have it all opened up.
Should the spinner disc be perfectly level to PF? Mine seems ever so slightly raised.

Try not to over analyze the game just enjoy it. I understand it’s expensive but these minor things do happen bouncing in a truck for hundreds of miles. The disk is a very simple adjustment of a large plastic jamb nut and turn center post down. Trust that most every game will need these adjustments but I Promise once you play this Amazing machine you will soon forget the effort. Yes little screw is for coin mech. Mine did the same. Consider the adjustments “ getting to know your game more intimately!” Lol

#484 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Finally got the errors to clear and play a game.
Right mini pf flipper needs to be adjusted, after the first flip it got stuck in up position. Is this adjustable without removing the ship? Just needs to be tightened.
Also, Was able to lower the center disc to be flush with pf however there seems to be some up and down slop when pf is lifted causing the spinner to be slightly above pf but when pf is lowered gravity puts it back in place. Does the center screw do anything to tighten this up? Doesn’t seem to tighten or loosen when I turn it.
Thanks for all the help, beautiful game and don’t want to mess it up!

Don’t remove the ship Not necessary. On the Back of the Playfield behind the ship is a flat arm plate, nylon washer, and 2 socket head screws. Loosen the screws as the plate is Slotted and adjust ship tilt. As for the disk. Yes there is slop up and down just adjust level and only play with the Playfield Down lol. I had mine out to adjust gear mess noise very easy.

20B05056-687A-4332-AFFB-8BA13CB63077 (resized).jpeg20B05056-687A-4332-AFFB-8BA13CB63077 (resized).jpeg
#485 5 years ago

And Yes the foam should be removed. Lol

#488 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

When you say adjust ship tilt, I’m assuming this will allow me to tilt it left to get to the bottom of right flipper?
Then level ship and retighten the 2 screws?
As for the disc, does that center screw do anything? I turned it left and right thinking it would reduce the up and down play and it doesn’t seem to do anything from what I can tell.
How did you reduce disc noise?

You don’t have to worry about the disk up down as long as it’s level. Gravity will do the rest. As for the mesh adjust. Mine was a tad noisy as the gears were not meshing proper so simply loosening and adjusting the motor position via 2 screws made it better. Not major.

860653E8-8FF4-4AFF-9047-A4E38890C186 (resized).jpeg860653E8-8FF4-4AFF-9047-A4E38890C186 (resized).jpeg
#490 5 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

How much did this help yours? My disc motor seems pretty loud as well although I'm not sure if that's normal. I took the mech out and tried messing around with the motor position but once back in the machine it didn't really seem to make any difference.

It’s still going to make noise as you have fresh plastic gears. After several games it will wear in a bit and quiet down. Mine the gears were barely touching so it sounded like a coffee grinder. Lol. Seems like the fine spot it close mesh but Not completely seated to the root of the gear. It is much quieter now and I suspect will get better in time and wear in. I may (but not suggesting to others) apply a silicone grease for plastic gears to fine tune but that is just a preference.

#493 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Any idea what that center screw does on bottom side?
Part list calls it a serrated screw. I turned it a few times thinking I had to loosen it to adjust disc height.

The center screw simply keeps the shaft from coming out of the bushing. No need to mess with that.

#495 5 years ago

We are So loving the plunder feature of this game software. I set it to the highest setting (bedlam I think?) and playing with friends and guests it really puts a spin on friendly competition. A little less serious and always a good laugh. At the end of our last game my wife Was winning till I pillaged virtually every point/gold she had. Lol we both had a good laugh playing like this. A new spin on pinball and loving it as it Should be Fun.

#496 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I already did and it didn’t seem to move even though I turned in both directions.
I thought this was odd. This is where you can see the up down play with spinner as there is a small space between this screw and next component on shaft.

As I have tried to say, do not worry about the up and down it is taken care of with gravity. Yes, there is about 1/16” of clearance there but it doesn’t matter the disk will never levitate out of the Playfield. Just adjust Large silver bushing to set height and lock plastic jamb nut and done.

#499 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Can someone post a picture of how the topper sits in the channel up top and what hardware was used to install?

Don’t have a picture but I can try words. Topper sits in channel. Screws go through large holes in front, through acrylic topper, and thread into rail. Install all screws and put provided plastic caps in front large holes in rail. 5 minute install.

#501 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Here is the hardware they gave me. Screws not long enough to reach threaded hole in channel and no idea what these plastic anchors are for.
Called JJP this am about the leg bolt issue and asked about the topper, possible wrong hardware sent.[quoted image]

No idea or need for the white standoffs. Should be 4-5 screws and black caps. Install as mentioned previously not really difficult

#509 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Thanks for the help, it worked!

Glad you finally figured it out. Have you played the game yet or are you still fine tuning since you got it??!

#514 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Lol...funny!
On a different note, got her all dialed in finally and played a few games. Managed a hit on the ship, how do you know if it was the big hit or just partial?
Also, my inner left ship lantern is only illuminating the very bottom of the lantern. Could this be a loose bulb? I tested and all colors work, just doesn’t look the same as other 3 as far as lighting the lantern all the way to the top.

Lamps is normal just the LED angle. Full ship hit goes Into the side hole partial doesn’t. Did you watch any of the many JJP twitch videos?

#519 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Switch stack on UP bonus x target
[quoted image]

That stinks looks like you have to do some soldering. Easy fix you’ll be back to catching pirates in no time.

#530 5 years ago

Same on mine. Don’t really notice it though as I am mostly playing the game.

#562 5 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Here is a list of items I have had problems with since unboxing(had the game about 2 weeks), hopefully things to keep an eye out for others on theirs, some were just obvious and easy solutions others still pending:
- Autoplunge hits the rubber on left 50% or more of the time - Only solution I have found is removing the rubber
- Far left lantern light on my ship does not light up the same way as the others - Haven't seen solution or cause and just noticed it when brought up by user above. I obviously didn't notice it before until brought up
- On unboxing the "jack barrel" that spins on far right pops was floating in the playfield, not attached. Luckily didn't seem to cause damage to anything I could see on the playfield but damaged the part itself, pops right back on but I don't think spins quite correctly, part may have been faulty or got damaged.
- The forks underneath the chest that pop up, the coil magnet that releases the mech a screw had fallen out or wasn't put in correctly on shipping - Replaced the screw that held the small coil in and worked great.
- The ball release for the chest locks wasn't working originally - Fidgeted with some stuff up that controls that mech and seems to work now - I think it might have been a wire was getting in the way of the coil working properly, after fidgeting with it all for 15 minutes, seems to work.
- Opto mech above the top left flipper keeps popping out if the ramp plastic holder and causing opto to fail(which only really makes it so diverter for whirlpool doesn't work). I kept just pushing it back into place and it would pop out again after few games. I just used a little sticky tack to help hold it in place and seems to do the trick.
- Haven't pursued or gotten a response yet but my spinning disc is REALLY loud, seen other make the same comment so maybe it just is. But also my wheel is definitely off center doesn't rotate evenly and when you view it you can see the lopsided way it spins/sits(picture attached). Not sure if this is a simple adjustment possibly or potentially a faulty part or disc. Opened a ticket with no response a week ago, have to pursue again.
Again a lot of more or less little things and possibly just some poor QC but otherwise game is great and love it!
[quoted image]

Just trying to assist as I had the disk assembly off several times to adjust the gear mesh to quiet things down. Regarding position alignment. If it’s wobbling side to side it’s probably the moulded disk. If it’s simply off center have you tried loosening the (8) mounting screws that retain the disk mount. I believe ( not positive) the holes are larger and would allow you to reposition the disk slightly to center. Not telling you to do this but IF the mount was assembled IE screws the other option you could do is simply drill the (8) holes in the metal bracket just Slightly larger to say 3/16” which would give you ample adjustment side to side. As you never move the disk again this would be a permanent solution your call.

#564 5 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I know my pin is coming soon. I am still really excited and I’ve played it so I know it’s a lot of fun, but I am worried about hearing all the adjustments that are needed on many of these. I am pretty new to pinball other than playing a bit as a kid, and am worried I don’t have the skill or knowledge to make these adjustments. I’m a total fan of pinball now and will be putting two in my game room, I just want to make sure I can keep them working. I’d value the opinion of some more experienced pinsiders on this.
So far, I just have a Deadpool LE and no issues so far needing to fix, except one loose wire on the start button that was an easy fix. POTC sounds much more maintenance intensive.

I would only say do Not be scared off by a few posts and fine tune adjustments. This game is Absolutely incredible and know that we (most of us here) are simply anal pickey pinball folks that love to hunt for perfection. While you may be new with this forum, JJP, and most importantly #LTG you will not find yourself lost or without help should you have questions. When you release a masterpiece many will wish to dial it to perfection and some simply like to see what makes it tick. (A childhood thing ). We (my wife and I) are still blown away by the play, animation, and depth of this game. Trust that NO title is ever released without a few tinkerers that need perfection. When/if you need that there will Aleays be help to guide you. Dare I say best purchase we made in 2018 considering 9 other titles this year. PM if you ever need help.

#566 5 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Thank you! I know that many of the members of this site are very helpful and I have great confidence that you all will help me! I have less confidence in my implementation lol. However, I have been reading here for awhile before joining and I love the community and you all are a big reason why I bought one in the first place.

Well as long as you don’t judge us by Everything you read in this community lol. Pinside can be brutally honest, overwhelmingly helpful, or down right crazy. Depends on what you read. All that aside for Me JJP as an OEM has never let me down. Hope your game arrives soon I suspect you will be amazed. And yes I too own a DP LE but they are completely different.

#589 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Is there a downloadable manual yet? I cant seem to find it.
my ship is barley rocking.. I went into test mode and here's my results . can someone check this against there's.it doesn't look right..
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

IF settings don’t work do confirm the mechanical connection and screws behind the Playfield. Could be loose in the slots?

#597 5 years ago
Quoted from Rbviessman:

Up and running! The back box monitor was unplugged. Got that fixed. I think I’m good to go! (For now)
[quoted image]

Curious, what is that on the glass in the upper left? Looks like a plaque?

#705 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone use the pinguy app to level this machine in particular?

Yes. And same as leveling any other game.

#928 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Is that normal ? I can lift up the disc. Space between screw and washer. Or is there something to adjust ? Seems that the disc is a little bit too high.
Also the Disc is very loud... should I use some grease?
[quoted image]

Yes that is normal. As gravity will hold it down there is no issue. If your disk is slightly to high simply loosen the white large jamb nut and rotate the knurled hub to correct height. Then lock the jamb nut back in place. If noisy you may need to remove the entire assembly (8 screws) and make sure the motor gear is meshing correctly with the disk. Simply loosen the 2 screws holding the motor and gear and adjust closer to the disk gear. Photos are in this thread. Just don't make it mesh to tightly or it will be louder. Good luck very simple adjustments.

#986 5 years ago

Dead men tell no tales! There be No stainless cannons on me pirate ship! We are proud to introduce our newest JJP Pirates custom Pirate Cannon mod. A very simple yet highly detailed add on to dress up the Black Pearl for battle! Each piece airbrush detailed for an authentic look worthy of such a fine ship. Mod is simple to install and does Not effect play or originality should you wish to reverse later. Plunder this mod Shipping NOW!!! Fire the cannons at those Scurvy dogs!! Available now from our website store www.TheModCouplePinball.com

Thanks for your interest and support!!!
The Mod Couple

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg
#1004 5 years ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

Yes, it varies depending on how it rests on the white post, left or right side, once it is ready to release I'm nudging most every time, more when it's on the left side.

This must be a setting issue?? Long ago they fixed this with software where after the ball rests on the post before the post lowers it pulses the ball up several times so it doesn't just roll to outlane drain. Rather clever fix I must say. I have not had an issue with this.

#1007 5 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

After receiving your last two mods for POTC (thank you!), my buddy and I were talking about this exact mod. Haha. We said it needed to be made and here it is! Can I give 1 point of criticism? The cannon is sticking out way way too far. IMO, if the cannon stopped where the metal stopped, that would be more realistic and long enough. You could cut back the wood cannon cover back a bit too. Anyways, I may wait to see if there is an update to that mod, it is definitely a must have mod, but I feel like some tweaking would make it even better.

I do appreciate the feedback. We did try a shorter version but it really didn't fit the scale of the ship or player view. It should be noted that all of the photos shown are at an extreme side angle to show the detail of the product. From the players position it barely sticks out and you can see the effect much clearer. Technically the stainless tray that sticks out goes clear under the ship so you could slide is back but I am fairly certain most will like the scale we used. Thanks for the feedback!!

The Mod Couple

IMG_1466 (resized).jpgIMG_1466 (resized).jpg
#1021 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I spoke with distributor on Thursday and apparently he has a couple people with this issue. Unfortunately I haven’t gotten a response from JJP to address this issue yet and I find it very disappointing.
Yes it’s a minor issue and doesn’t have any impact on gameplay but when everybody who plays the game comments about it looking burned out it just bothers the shit out of me. Hey man...looks like you got a bulb out right there. I expect just a little more from JJP when we as customers are buying these expensive machines. I’m a first time buyer and likely last time unless they address this.
Rant over, love the game other wise!

Ok as this lamp is really effecting peoples opinions and apparently visiting friendships I thought I would take a look and see if I could contribute. Yes my lamp as others is slightly dimmer though it didn't really bother me. Wrote it off as pirates didn't have OSHA lighting inspections back then nor were all oil lamps the same. So while some may be upset to fix this I simply wanted to show how simple it really is if it bothers you. You only need a nut driver to remove the (2) nuts on the top of the left ship plastic which the lamps are attached to and a hot glue gun. No removing anything else! Lift off threaded studs to show back side of lamps. As you can see they are simple LED bulbs hot glued to the back of the molded ship. I simply used a screw driver and the old hot glue pulled right off. Here you will see the minor issue. In assembly the bulb was not fully installed into the base of the lamp prior to glue assembly. Pick out all the old glue and IF you need (which I did but NOT telling you what to do!!) I carefully used a 3/16" drill (same diameter as LED bulb) to Slowly and Carefully remove the old glue in the hole. Do hold the lamp and plastic and ream Slowly!!! You are just removing the old glue. Re-install the bulb and Hot glue the bulb into position as well as the wire harness as removed. All in all this took me 10 minutes With taking pictures and I never even turned the game off. No OSHA at my house. Yes I could bitch about it and do hope JJP can make changes for future owners on the line but for .05 cents of hot glue and a few minutes of my time I am back to enjoying the BEST game ever Made! Hope this helps some hate to see anger over minor details....

Disclaimer: I do not work for nor represent JJP so they are not liable for my suggestions or advice. Lol

The Mod Couple

IMG_1490 (resized).jpgIMG_1490 (resized).jpgIMG_1488 (resized).jpgIMG_1488 (resized).jpgIMG_1485 (resized).jpgIMG_1485 (resized).jpgIMG_1483 (resized).jpgIMG_1483 (resized).jpgIMG_1480 (resized).jpgIMG_1480 (resized).jpgIMG_1478 (resized).jpgIMG_1478 (resized).jpgIMG_1491 (resized).jpgIMG_1491 (resized).jpg

#1022 5 years ago

Sorry pictures are out of order but my guess is everyone will figure it out. If not, do not attempt to repair lol.

#1024 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Thanks for digging into that. I’ll be getting on this ASAP!
My gripe wasn’t to knock the game because it is absolutely fantastic but I can’t understand why after almost 4 weeks of a service ticket being opened, a discussion with JJP directly over phone and a distributor going to bat for a few of his customers who are experiencing this issue...zero response.
It sure is a good thing we have this community to help each other out!

No worries. What I have learned having worked for an OEM for many years in management is no matter how simple the answer is it must be evaluated, documented, tested, assess liabilities, and implemented before telling individuals what to do for liability. lol Basically lots of red tape but JJP has a lot riding on this title and Many anxious customers. They have never let me down and as a back up you can alway call Lloyd. Let me know if you have issues and just take your time. Really not an adventurous repair consider it "getting to know your awesome machine" a bit better....

#1026 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

sweet, thanks I'll get on that as well I didn't know how to access the bulbs. thanks for sharing that.. a little more training at the light install station.. : )
P.S. Mod couple.. you need to get working overtime on the mod's all the Pirate mods are out of stock... : )
great mod's!

Always here to try and help or contribute. ALL mods are In stock and shipping next day for all games from our website store especially POTC Awesomeness which has keep us busy but happy to be a part of these amazing games.
www.TheModCouplePinball.com

#1053 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Picked it up yesterday!
I will share my findings on out of box adjustments and issues in a new post but they are mostly what others have already experienced and shared themselves. Very pleased that I have been following this closely as I immediately had a shortlist of things to look for even before putting the legs on. (See ground braid threading issue
Even with my climber, this is one heavy pin but I can already tell that it's worth it's weight in gold Arr!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

First off Congrats!! I have to say the picture of your eclectic collection made me smile. POTC LE Game of the Decade masterpiece or code and art next to a $50 "The Fonze" !! Lol I bought the same for my grandson but hide it when players come over so I'm not harassed. Enjoy that game and let us know if you need any help. Advise, it's not as Easy as the JJP team showed in the video! My high score to date is still sadly just under 2m.

#1072 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

A drop of air tool oil I would think would work as well.
Would like to see a stiffer spring in the action button though. It seems weak, I have installed the lighted flipper mod from PBL bright mods and they are awesome. [quoted image]

As I would guess they buy that lock button I would assume there are no custom options for the spring. I am going to try and pull it apart and lightly stretch the spring and add oil. Will report back though a minor issue to overcome.

#1079 5 years ago

Time for another Macgyver (Pirate addition) how to "Get the GOLD" button adjustment! lol Yet a minor repair and my suggestion method is based on MY solution not an endorsement from JJP or even LTG the master! In pulling the button out you will quickly see and Hear that there is a clear rubbing (squeak) when you push the button. While a drop of oil would more then likely aid in helping the burr wear in over time I want to play NOW! lol My solution was to simply (carefully) install the screw end of the button into a hand drill. (as shown) Apply a Single drop of 3 in 1 oil to the edge of the button to aid in the wear in and keep it from heating up. Hold the button and run the drill at a decent throttle while pulling the button down in the compressed state. Only 15-20 seconds. Then reverse the drill and do the same in reverse. This process Expedites the smoothing and wear in process of the button bottom burr and the oil gets distributed evenly. Testing by hand now you will no longer hear the squeak (bind). Re-install and BAM we are getting the GOLD again!! Worked perfect for me and only took maybe 5 minutes tops to complete. Good luck ya scurvy dogs!!

IMG_1495 (resized).jpgIMG_1495 (resized).jpgIMG_1496 (resized).jpgIMG_1496 (resized).jpg
#1083 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

No shit, That is some macguyver stuff for real!
What would we all do without you. Lol!

You would be Playing Pinball! lol Minor tweaks but honestly these are 100 year old pirate ships they are going to need little bits of fine tuning. Now I need someone to tell me how to become a better Player!

#1104 5 years ago

The pride of the British Royal Navy and scourge of piracy in the Caribbean deserves the a Royal dress up! Introducing the HMS Dauntless dress up kit. Complete the look and pride of the HMS Dauntless with this Custom railing kit. Detailed down to the wood grain and air brushed for an authentic color and weathered look. Robust design to protect against scurvy pirate cannon shot misses. Upgrade your Dauntless today and head out to the open seas!! Arghhhhh. Available and shipping NOW from our website store:

Thanks to ALL for your support and interest. Happy Holidays Arghhhhh!

The Mod Couple

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg
#1107 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Needs to up production so it isn't sold out upon posting it. Just glad I was able to get my hands on the cannon mod before it sold out.
Keep em coming Mod Couple!

Nothing is sold out for any mod or system at this time. As noted for now these are only available via our Website store www.TheModCouplePinball.com
This lets us catch up and stay ahead without watching multiple stores so no one is delayed. All shipping next day. Thanks!

The Mod Couple

#1111 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Thanks! Good to know. Just ordered mine. Looking forward to these mods.

We thank you WolfmanCat! This is an Incredible game and we are Honored to be a small part of your collection.

The Mod Couple

#1117 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Back up and running.
The cannon is a cool little mod!
Definitely spices up that little area!
[quoted image]

Looks awesome I was just going to get a picture from you but I couldn't tear my wife off the game. Good kind of problem I guess. Glad you got it fixed and your back to the battle!!

#1177 5 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

I’m having a problem where every time I turn on the pin, more and more switches are having issues. It started with the “chapter select right rubber” (which I’ve tried to fix many times). It’s like a cancer spreading. Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions?
Also the left Malestrom entrance switch keeps falling out of the hole, it’s seems like it was just pushed in there and not glued or anything. Any fixes for that?
[quoted image]

Sounds like one or several of the board plugs in the back box are loose or not properly seated? I would shut it down and reseat everything back there.

#1192 5 years ago

Enough turkey Back to Pirates Arrrr! Time to dress up the ship with some fine detail to head out on your voyage of Fun! All New barrel pop bumper caps to complete the remaining plastics on the LE/CE or all 4 on the standard. No pirate left behind! All barrel caps highly detailed and air brushed to perfection. Options include:

1 "Wheres the RUM!" custom pop bumper barrel which includes an illuminated Rum bottle, a dirty pirate hat, and of coarse Captain Barbossa's juicy green apple! Bottle changes color with game and really ties the room together! This cap was designed to fit in the Front right for clearance.
2 "Davy Jones Heart" custom barrel pop bumper cap with illuminated Beating red heart on a pile of sand, detailed telescope for spotting scaly wags, and the Key to Davy Jones heart! Rather eerie seeing the heart beat and a cool effect!
3 "East India Trading Co" raised letter custom pop bumper barrel. Designed to complete the look for JJP Standard buyers with the additional stationary pops. Very fine detail and a big improvement over the plastic.

ALL barrel pops available NOW to ship next day from our website store. Ye be warned, you will love this mod! lol Fits ALL models

Thanks for viewing!
The Mod Couple

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg

#1196 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I'm in!!!!!!
[quoted image]

Lol. I would have to see how mama Mod Couple feels about making that mod.

#1202 5 years ago
Quoted from AdamTheHutt:

I got my game today, the mini LCD on the apron was upside down out of the box. we fixed
that easily.
Question for any owners when the game takes your picture is there a way to see it later on? When I view the high scores from the day or previous days it just shows our names how do I see the picture again? Or is it only at the time of entering your initials?

OR, maybe the compass was pointing to the thing you want most! Who were you playing with? lol Glad you got it fixed. Odd the mistakes that can happen doing the same thing each day.

#1205 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Hey Yelobird, what is the deal with the hangman mod?
I tried mounting on the screw above the right slingshot like your site says, but if you notice...its just slightly different. And because of that, it rubs against the glass so I had to angle it at about 30 degrees just so the glass would clear it. Am I doing something wrong?[quoted image][quoted image]

Very sorry I forgot to update that image. Yes, we made a change early on from feedback that it covers the Escape exit to much so we made it taller and it correctly mounts to the screw just above that one towards the top of the exit lane. Will clear fine from there and does not effect site of escape. Will update pics. Game look awesome Congrats!! PM me if you have Any issues!

IMG_1195 (resized).jpgIMG_1195 (resized).jpg
#1208 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Ok thanks! That makes sense now.

No thank you for the reminder and feedback. We still make mistakes and your feedback helps us correct them for others. Site image is updated now with a note thanks to you. Enjoy your Awesome game there is So very much to like!!! A few minor tweeks but worth every minute.

#1220 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Eric’s team has been asked about those Disney assets before and the answer was always the same. I guess they offered Disney ‘the moon’ but Disney said no. The movies are literred with rum and sword fighting, yet this game only has some rum bottles breaking, some inserts with rum graphics, pop bumpers that look like rum kegs, and a plastic pirate with his sword sheathed that spins. The first thing I imagined when I saw this game revealed was a ‘drunken pirate’ mode. Thank you Eric (and Devs) for what you did squeeze in there!
Sorry to disagree with you those of you on the music and movie clips. I have to say ‘THANK GOD’ they didn’t put the movie clips in there. If I wanted to watch the movie, I’d watch the movie. My biggest gripe of GOTG is the looping movie clips. And to see those over and over would drive me crazy.
I love the Hans Zimmer, Klause Badelt, and Geoff Zanelli theme music so much that I bought all of the soundtracks on iTunes. But the fact that the devs went above and beyond at getting their composer, David Theil to create as much music as he did, all the variations paired with the different events being played out in-game...is one of my biggest appreciations of this game. The music sounds like it could be the soundtrack to a sixth movie (if they ever did one).
I will agree it might have been nice to hear the classic Disney ‘pirates life for me’ theme, curious why that wasn’t included since the lyrics are on the outline plastics.

Sooo agree with your post. For me clip art and video clip pasting just seems like the easy solution and more a movie promotion then a Pinball creation. I absolutely love and appreciate the animations and sound tracks JJP (David Theil) created for this pin. Outstanding really. To say "but this is the theme song I was expecting" to me would make it boring and predictable. To compose, create, and implement something of this quality must have been a major feat. To copy and paste would not be as impressive. I (like everyone) knew what I was getting and quite frankly they blew away my expectations in every way. Some crazy talent on that team.

#1223 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Could the East India Trad co logo be clear so the light can shine through. If so I would like two please!!
[quoted image]

That is Great feedback and a fairly simple request to create another solution. I will make another option Today that has the lettering removed so the illumination glows the letters and symbol. We still like and will continue to offer the hand paint detailed option for this but your suggestion will add a more personal touch. Thank you!

The Mod Couple

#1228 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Could the East India Trad co logo be clear so the light can shine through. If so I would like two please!!
[quoted image]

Took a few hours but your recommendation is done. Option 4 is now available with Through cut letters/sign with gel lense defuser applied. Lights nicely granted hard to photograph with the lights off. lol Available now from our store at no additional cost. Thanks again for the feedback and Thanks to all for your interest and support!!

The Mod Couple

IMG_1560 (resized).jpgIMG_1560 (resized).jpgIMG_1562 (resized).jpgIMG_1562 (resized).jpgIMG_1563 (resized).jpgIMG_1563 (resized).jpg
#1234 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

WOW that was fast... now a... how we coming on tortuga tina?

Lol Yeah I presented that to Mrs Mod Couple and just got that Looook. So my guess is Tina won't be happening. We are however Considering a Jack (ish) looking figure (she was fine with that??) for our Standard JJP buyers.

#1243 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

TMC, is it possible to get this extruded and clear or white as opposed to cut out? That is what I envisioned by the suggestion, just like you rum bottle (white or clear)

Clear would really take away from the goal of matching the correct barrel theme. Not sure they had many clear barrels in piratey days. lol For now those selections are what we are going with and possibly a Jack type replacement character barrel in time. The Beating heart and Rum barrels are selling as fast as we can make them for that we thank everyone!

#1249 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Yes, clear letters (and/or embossed/raised, like I mentioned). I wasn't thinking 'authentic' or a fully clear barrel, if this is what you thought Yelobird. I was just thinking of seeing the logo lit up and instead of a Silver raised logo, a clear or milky white raised logo that would glow beautifully. (I don't know if you use a clear or translucent material so this is why I am asking)
When I saw the cut out logo, it doesn't seem like you can make it out while playing and in that instance, I'm not sure that would be authentic either. Regardless, it seemed like a logic suggestion.
More importantly, can the top right pop bumper plastic area fit the heart topped barrel for instance?

Yes, the Beating heart barrel can fit in any position. Only the Rum barrel cap is to tall for the rear right position. Thanks.

#1258 5 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

I know others have had problems with their LE toppers, just thought I'm post a video of what I was experiencing.
- When it's working, it flickers a lot when it fades in and out; definitely not smooth. I think this is unfortunately the expected behavior?
- It either had a flaky connection or was shorting out
Shortly after I stopped the video, the wire just came off in my hand, so I'll take off the topper and solder it back together. But I'll wait for the expected JJ service bulletin on this to come out first.

[quoted image]

Seems like it was doing what it was designed to do prior to pulling on the wire harness? Its suppose to flicker and fade.

#1341 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Are both upper flippers supposed to be even when triggered at the flippers? (both are being held at the time of this pic)
[quoted image]

Huh, thats not right! My Guess is the shaft on the right flipper loosened up. Probably looks correct in the down position as its resting on a wire rail. Time to get more close and personal with your pirate ship... lol

#1362 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Well you guys were correct. I didn't know which screw you were referencing, but I figured out its this one (see pic).
That's looking upward, underneath the upper right flipper on the ship. The nut was actually tight, but maybe not tight enough. I loosened it, allowed the flipper to spring backwards against the rubber stop and then tightened the nut again with a nut driver. The fix was really simple...but...
I pulled the ship out all the ways anyways. I didn't disconnect all of the wiring harnesses underneath because I was able to swivel the ship (VERY CAREFULLY) out of the way. I wouldn't say removing the upper playfield ship is as easy as Eric says it is. Yes, it's just the hex screw behind the ship and the cotter pin from the arm behind the playfield...but, then there's the wiring harnesses underneath that are inconveniently zipped-tied very compactly...and its a challenge to find anywhere to safely place the playfield w/o resting it on some fragile plastics.
Question: In test now, my ship rocks full -right and -left, but it seems limited in rocking movement to the full-right position during play. Is that normal? Is the rocking motion/envelope dependent on character or mode?
[quoted image]

What LTG said and yes certain characters (not sure which as I am not that good at the code yet) do effect the speed of the ship as well as certain mods of the game. Hopefully you put the wire harness back as it was so it doesn't create a bind. Good Luck!

#1407 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

If someone tells you on here you will still have to read it.

Lol too funny. My wife thinks I'm nutty and laughs if she sees me watching Papa pinball play/tournament videos online. If she caught me listening to the "JJP audible manual on tapes" she would kick me out. lol Kind of reminds me of The Dude Lebowski listening to bowling playoff tapes.

#1439 5 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

So glad to hear you are at the factory! My CE is on the line! I plan on coming to pick my game up in person and hope to meet you and play the game before departing with it.

Your expecting a Test Drive on your game before they box it? Thats an interesting request...

#1448 5 years ago

Nothing personal just as noted never heard that request before nothing more. I am sure they wouldn't mind sparing a line worker for the afternoon to watch you play and help you adjust your game... If any Pin company would it would be JJP. My guess is Jack would do it himself.

#1457 5 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Does anyone sell shooter lane and scoop protectors for this game or are they even necessary? After 25 or so plays, I'm already seeing dimples all over the playfield, but that's expected. Also, that mystery/tortuga scoop above the upper right flipper is ejecting the ball SDTM at least 50% of the time. I assume it's just a matter of loosening and adjusting the metal scoop?

What do you want to protect in the shooter lane?? Erics clever design to run the rails all the way to the bottom mean the ball never even touches wood? As for the right VUK, I think this was already covered in this thread. I believe you simply adjust that coils kick out power to your liking and all fixed.

#1559 5 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Question. Anyone else’s game have a block of styrofoam taped behind the play field backboard. Mine fell off but it was attached with double sided tape. I assume it stays on for dampening effect.

That was in place for transportation. Take it out.

#1595 5 years ago

Update... I love this dam game! End of update. Lol

#1602 5 years ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

Interested in changes also, how do others get early access? Thanks...

You have to know the secret pirate hand shake. Or buy Eric some pale ale! lol JK.

#1647 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Ahhhh....much better.
Move over Tortuga Tom, Captain Jack Sparrow is coming aboard!
I love this mod!!!
SDTM Zach’s Bad Ass Jack Sparrow Replacement Mod for JJP POTC LE/CE
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the creation and sharing Zach! I ordered one for our game and looks like a simple add on. While yes we can make one for this price, detail, and Not being sued by Disney this is a very simple add on with great detail. Should have it next week and Tom will guard the coin box there after. lol Thanks.

#1654 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I think I might be joining this crazy club......super excited if I do. Been playing this at a local bar and really starting to appreciate all the value it provides. Will need to review all of the fixes although the idea of cutting things has me a little worried!

#Delt31 Good choice and I am certain you will love it even more when you can really dive into it. Just an Opinion but I wouldn't read to much into fears of fixes and issues honestly. Yes a few out of the games needed some tweaks or repair but that can happen in most Any new production item. It is obvious (and appreciated) Eric, LTG, Keith, and JJP are monitoring these issues as fast as they hear them to implement change quickly. They want the game as perfect as we do. After all who Other than me wants to spend a Saturday talking to Lloyd! If you look at early issues/concerns you will notice they have for the most part gone away with the exception for a few that wish to mylar the entire machine for a nuclear fall out?? (Just Joking!!!) I have since helped 4 other friends receive and setup their games and not a Single issue. While not a JJP fanboy this game as a package is absolutely Brilliant! Eric is going to have a Tough time topping this creation but I do hope to see him try! Congrats on your new game!!!!

#1657 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Like many figurines there is a joint at his waist. I just pulled it off and shaved down the middle portion that was originally attached to the waist (you can’t miss it). The rest of his waist is already a clean, flat cut.

Above or below the pirate jewels?

#1682 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Look what just showed up from the Mod Couple. Made some alterations and took off the left side railing. We will see how it holds up.
[quoted image]

Looks awesome. Yes I was going to revise the website image to show with a simple snip you owner could remove the left rail if the preferred that look. Just wanted to make sure everyone’s tastes were covered. Thanks for posting and Thanks to everyone for your support and interest. Such an amazing game to work on and we have other concepts in the works we think most will like.

#1688 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

How about a 'Jack the monkey' mod? I've imagined him either rocking on the left side of the ship or maybe attached to one of those ramps (to the ship).

You sir are a mind reader. Jack the Monkey is in process. No game is complete without the monkey sidekick!! As long as he’s not handzie. Lol

#1733 5 years ago

Its official I sold my POTC LE!!! I'm Out!! And called Christoper at King Pin Games and bought a CE!! Dam you Eric this game is too Awesome I had to have it!!! Technically ordered a few CE's from Kingpin but I bet he can get a few more. Awesome buying experience and a Great guy! I am officially BACK in the club. What a Christmas.

#1766 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

This is my fix. So far so good
[quoted image]

Smart Man! I like low cost simple solutions thats for that easy tip! I may copy that only using black if I have some. Thanks!!!

#1770 5 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

yikes. anybody else seeing this?

Nope can't say I was there but we believe you! JK. No but my bet is a simple communication cable is loose. I believe some time ago in this thread this was covered for someone.

#1778 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

where are you guys getting these figures to replace the popper guy?
Also this sdtm video contains such a great amount of info on this game that I haven't seen anywhere else.

It’s a standard POTC Series 1 figure. As it is out of production your best bet is EBay. I picked one up in box for $18. Not hard to find.

#1786 5 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Now someone tell me how to silence that spinning disk. I am about to put the Dri Lube on. I used the Lithium grease and that didn't help. Sad thing on mine is its off center almost rubbing on one side. I know once it is installed all you can do is move it up or down. JJP Tech said to try and bend the gears closer together. I said I'll probably break it. He said when you buy a Ferrari you shouldn't have to mess with much and if you do and break it we'll replace it.
[quoted image]

Ok your timing is well placed. While not Horrible I do find the disk a Bit to loud for my liking so in typical Mod Couple fashion I decided to investigate a bit further to see if there could be a user friendly solution. This issue is actually a combination problem. The plastic to plastic gear mesh is both loose and the gear floats which creates the known loud grinding sound. Second, that sound is basically transmitted to what technically a plastic Drum! The large disk amplifies the sound like a speaker which makes it a bit more pronounced. While I would (and could) make a new drive gear or possibly a rubber drive roller I wanted to try something slightly less costly and easier to implement. Soooo, I created a precision waterjet insert kit similar to what is used in automotive to sound dampen noise issues. Second, a precision snap in shim was created to the plastic drum floats less and now can ride on a plastic (wear resistant) shim instead of the bronze bushing. This allows a light layer of Lithium grease between the two. At this time I am testing the kit on my machine and it is much quieter. NOT silent just improved! Rather simple install took me 15 minutes or so. In conjunction with some light Lithium grease it appears to be a low cost solution. Not looking to get rich on these just trying to help out with an annoying problem. I will have these on our website this weekend for my estimate around $10 (buy your own grease!). Again, this mechanism will Never be a Swiss watch just trying to make it a bit less annoying. lol Hope some find this useful let me know if you have any questions.

The Mod Couple

IMG_1613 (resized).jpgIMG_1613 (resized).jpgIMG_1616 (resized).jpgIMG_1616 (resized).jpgIMG_1619 (resized).jpgIMG_1619 (resized).jpg
#1795 5 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

This is 100% the ideal solution. The stock gears are metal to metal, and no amount of lube, grease, dampening, etc will stop the noise. The only solution is a plastic gear like above. There really isn’t any weight or force on the wheel, so a plastic gear will absolutely be fine. Kudos to JJP for designing a part that is incredibly durable and near impossible to break, but this plastic gear is the perfect balance of durability and noise I would imagine. Great job!

Ok appreciate the kind words but possibly something was lost in translation. The gears JJP used Are plastic and that is the issue!! They are not metal or grease would have 100% been the solution. This kit reduces the noise though I want everyone to know I am also working on a Replacement drive gear that will have the same arbor core only the teeth will be neoprene. That Should 100% eliminate the drive train noise along with this sound dampening kit. As this is a low friction drive I believe this replacement will last a LONG time. I promise to do this but Know it is not on my plate today so no need to PM lol. I am Hoping to have this done over the holidays. We Will get these amazing ships sailing swiftly and Silently to the next adventure!!! aghhhhhh

The Mod Couple

#1796 5 years ago
Quoted from Raknitz:

Is it even possible to sprade apart the motor and the disc to create and install that kind of rubber, which would be the better choice to lower the noise i guess

Absolutely. In fact it’s a rather simple task. The drive gear is a simple set screw connection with an adjustable slotted positioner. As long as one of the gears can absorb the mesh sound the other will simply be a traveler. If we silence the drum effect, the mesh noise, and shim the disk to bushing most of the vibration should disappear. Plus, as the main Large disk gear is far from precision molded (it wobbles) the flexible gear will compensate for this error. Again, until I make a few and verify it Works I won’t start selling theory. Lol. Fingers crossed my LE left today and awesome KingPin is working his magic to get our CE in to continue our magical pirate journey!

#1814 5 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

Damn, you’re def right. I just have never seen a plastic gear that loud, it literally whines like a metal straight gear. Why didn’t they use a helical or delrin gear? Plus the mod 1 pitch seems slightly overkill for the application, but I guess you don’t have too many gears making a Quick transitions like this does. Hopefully your mod helps with the noise because it’s my only real complaint about the pin, otherwise it’s pretty perfect.

I agree there are several other directions they could have gone with this drive but it is what it is so to speak. Game is just TO awesome not to try and make minor improvements. As I try not to judge a result solely on my impression I did install another kit on a friends machine and he was More than impressed. Again not Swiss watch silent but drastically improved were his comments. Just trying to make a minor contribution to fine tuning this masterpiece of a game. Sounds like we need to work on an automatic switch soldering mod....lol JK! With all of the technical toys and creativity they designed into this game a few minor improvements were to be expected.

#1815 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Wow thanks Mod couple, we really appreciate your mod's and pirate problem solving, like the ship lights and such. and your reasonable prices .
so on that note let me share a shooter rod mod on the cheap. here's how I made mine below you can too for under 15$ or if you don't have the time I can whip up some for 35$ shipped not 98$ + shipping. like some others.. I'm not in the mod business just want to help out on this easy to make cheap mod. pinball is expensive enough. Pm me if your interested.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That shooter looks fricken awesome thanks for taking the time to share the detailed process! Looks like I'll be in the woodshop next week!

#1831 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I get my POTC LE tomorrow and it feels like Christmas came early. So excited!
Going to pick out some mod couple mods next.
Are any of you using aftermarket pinballs such as Marco Silverjet premium?

Yes what BigD said. We tried a Shiny ball set in Pirates and almost Instantly the balls were magnitized and would not roll through the ball trough. Never seen that much myself but there are some serious awsome magents on POTC. Put the Barron or stock balls in the game and it functioned perfectly. Congrats on your awsome new game!! I helped wrap it. Lol. FYI it’s as heavy as a Tank!!

#1843 5 years ago

As promised, the JJP Pirates "Disk Silencer kit" is now listed and available from our website store to ship next day. As soon as Kingpin gets my CE POTC replacement (Praying in the next week...) I will finalize the hardened neoprene replacement drive gear. For most I suspect the Silencer kit will be enough to satisfy but I am committed to finding the complete solution for the few that want a more stealthy pirate ship lol. The drive gear will take some time as I want to test it well and play with different tooth pitch configurations to determine the best option for sound and long term wear. Fairly simple install with instructions. Thanks to all for your support and feedback.

The Mod Couple

IMG_1615 (resized).jpgIMG_1615 (resized).jpg
#1845 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Smoothest standard body meet another widebody.
I'm really getting into the code and things are making sense but sometimes I get in the upper pf and it's like I've already qualified the sails but didn't do anything
Best upper pf in the game. Period.
[quoted image]

Congrats awesome setup. I can't help but chuckle at the photo. I suspect the disclaimer on DI was not a warning about the guy that jumps out of the back of the machine to take your pictures. lol (Yes I know thats a mirror) Just imagined a poparazzi Mod where a guy jumps out of the game and takes your picture.

#1855 5 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

Hey folks,
The gate leading from the black pearl to the cannon does not seem to stay up when it should (after the fuse is lit). Has anybody else encountered this?
There are no alerts and the coil moves the gate a little bit in a switch test. However, the dang thing wont stay up. Thanks!

There are several posts on this and how to adjust it in this thread.

#1871 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Unhook the flat metal bar hooking the motor to ship. Remove the long allen head screw between ship and back wall of playfield. Turn spotlight. Pull ship playfield back and up and lean on side. Solder wires. Put stuff back.
LTG : )

Lloyd is working on a cinematic how to video illustrating the removal and maintenance of the upper playfield ship. My guess is he is finalizing the animations and his wardrobe to make sure it looks Perfect!

#1874 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

My POTC LE has found its home! [quoted image]

Awesome congrats looks like he is loving it! Going to be a fun holiday!

#1879 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Hey the kick out for the "mystery/tortuga" is very erratic. I'm thinking I'd like to turn down the strength of the kickout a bit to see if that prevents the bad habit it has of kicking SDTM sometimes, but can't find the setting for it in the menu under coil settings? Anyone else made any adjustment to that kickout to prevent the instant SDTM?

Yeah simply VUK adjustment. Lawnboy had that game set real steep so it worked well for his setup. At 7 degrees on my game I had to dial that kickout down or it was drain city every time. Fairly simple and all games need an install fine tuning. Good luck.

#1910 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Tricky part is if you want to attempt to center it, going to have to mangle the plastic caps that cover the screw holes to take the topper off. I’m already on my second set of screw hole covers replacing the LED strip.

I removed it twice you just cant go at it from the front like prying out a nail. Simply push the cap out from the back center and it pops out no issues. Plus the caps don't really do much so no real harm it you did ruin them.

#1911 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

quick question. I had lie's dice ready to go then hit a multi ball . during multi ball I must of hit the lane target. when it was over no lie's dice .I never got it.
glitch? or just oh well?

I had this happen as well? Must get overridden by the mode start not sure.

#1954 5 years ago
Quoted from moTiv8:

Also added some toys near the Pin
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow with some lighting that ship would make an awesome topper!! Thanks for sharing looks great.

#1988 5 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

They certainly didn't have enough time to actually install a topper in the factory to see how it looks, lol.
I personally think the game looks better without it anyways since it's literally regurgitating exactly the same thing that's displayed 4 inches below it on the backglass.

Toppers are Defiantly a personal or acquired taste for sure. Some people hate all toppers, some can't own a game without one. While I would have loved a Wow over the top topper the one provided looks very nice and I like the torch flicker effect they added personally. Granted I did sell my LE to order a CE it was not because of the topper. Or was it......lol

#2015 5 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Anyone else experiencing balls getting stuck under the spotlight behind the Tortuga Tom pop bumper? I’ve had this happen a few times deep into a game and had to pull the glass. I’ve tried bending it up, but the wireform is right above it. Minor issue, but annoying nonetheless.

Minor adjustment. Simply rotate it away from the wire form, bend it up slightly, and rotate it back to touch the wire form. Had this happen on setup and fairly easy to adjust.

#2073 5 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

Speaking of the starfield post... I get the ball slipping past the post on the left hand side about 1/2 of the time (not trapped like in the photo).
It didn't happen at all to begin with. Anyone else? As I type this, I'm wondering if it's bent, crooked, or loose under the playfield.
[quoted image]

Hard to tell from your picture but make sure the up post is as centered as possible. Make sure the left rubber ring is in position. And make sure the clear post holding the ring is snug and not upside down?

#2083 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Is the black “hair” around the chest insert part of the art? Or some kind of crack/issue?

No, the wireform is bent and is lifted from the shooter lane. You can see it move when I push it with my finger.
I don’t even see a way to remove the wireform to put a bend back into it to fix [quoted image]

The black line is an art feature no worries. Looking at your video it shows the ball launcher is offset throwing the ball off track into the rubber post. The wire track is supposed to be loose and only to keep the ball off the wood. I suspect if you use the plunger manually this is not happening. I would just adjust the auto plunger as others have show personally.

#2088 5 years ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:

Just put up a good score for me. Love this game.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Just couldn’t rest till you knocked my name off the leader board could you. Lol. I’ll practice up for our next competitive plunder round! I am so loving that bedlam option, really levels the playing field and adds some fun competetive laughs.

#2139 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

You seem to understand how the starmap works. Care to explain?

Regarding the star map it was actually well covered and illustrated by Eric, Joe, and Kieth in there JJP Pirates Documentary videos I thought we all watched while waiting for these amazing games to arrive. The star map is not an In Your Face map. Think of it as a secondary puzzle to solve trying to figure out the Hint the stars are trying to illustrate. IE, sometimes the stars will form an outline of a treasure chest, or an X etc. Again, NOT HD imagery meant to be Obvious but more of an added puzzle to solve. Kind of like the Compass in the apron that points to the thing you want most. Its just a Hint of what you would most benefit from and focus on. I think its an amazing addition though with my slap and pray pinball technique looking more than 3 inches from the flippers at this point is rough and non productive. I Strongly suggest reviewing some of the game play content the designers shared. Trust that they did these videos for Our benefit Not for an afternoon off playing pinball! lol Maybe they did...

#2140 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Would this character work as a replacement? I would like to put him on but not sure with that jacket...
ebay.com link » Pirates Of The Caribbean Davy Jones Dead Mans Chest Series 1 Figure Nip

Thats the one I am using for my game but I paid WAY less then that! As the Series 1 figures have long gone out of production you need to simply keep your eye out they do pop up cheap you just can't be in a hurry! Mine cost $18 and don't worry about the NIB variable as your going to throw away the box And over half of the figure anyway! lol

#2143 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

post a pic? Would like to see what it looks like

Will do but my CE arrives Sunday so unless you want to see it spinning on my finger it will take a few days. Lol

#2145 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

did you have to trim off the coat at all? Any info on how you did it would be appreciated.

You absolutely need to trim the coat or it will be sweeping the Playfield like a prom dress. It’s a removable soft rubber. A pair of scissors or a razor will cut it very easy.

#2159 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

What is the best way to change the mini flipper rubbers on the ship?
Looks like this might be a little tricky?
If you take the nuts off the plastic pieces of the ship that are covering the rear of the flippers will that open that area up?
[quoted image]

Try not to over think it lol. Take nuts off change rubber like any game easy piesey.

#2172 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I have the disc silencer kit coming from mod couple, has anyone posted pics or details on how to remove the spinning disc assembly? I assume I don't have to totally dismantle the entire thing but figured I'd ask. I found C-56 in the manual that has the full schematic, but figured I'd ask here if anyone did a step by step. If not I'm sure I'll figure it out, not my first pin!

I provided a More than detailed how to with pictures in the kit. I suspect you will do fine though you can reach out if you have questions.

#2173 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I don't necessarily dislike the jack sparrow character. I'm just not a fan of layouts that just show a big picture of a character on the playfield with no real function other than to show the brand. It just seems cheesy. If they have to brand that area, I think the skull and crossbones from the ride/movie logo would have been better thematically.

Totally don't understand your point?? There are a Dozen characters on the playfield yet you only want Sparrow removed yet you have no issue with him??? Can you name many licensed themes or music themes where the actor/character is not displayed on the playfield? Any game. Totally understand if you have a grip with Johnny Dep but they did offer you an alternate playfield layout if your Phobia of him is so strong... lol

IF JJP is taking requests like this, please remove Keira Knightley from the playfield as I have a difficult time playing with an erection! Umph

#2177 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

I'm not a huge fan of Depp there either, but you get over it once you play the game. Its great. I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you can afford the CE do that, otherwise just play the game and enjoy it. It is very good. The only function Depp really serves is decoration. He is also on the side of the game and is really big so you just have to get over it.

Actually Jack Sparrow (or Johnny Dep if you have a man crush) is the treasure shot on the game. lol Agreed, I don't get to personal about the art. They were the characters of a motion picture which we wanted to own. As Jack is the Key character for ALL of the movies it makes sense he would have a key position. Love it or hate it. Doesn't take anything away from this amazing game in my opinion.

#2185 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Owners thoughts so far? Curious about code in regards to the level of excitement, adrenaline rush this game has, and is it easy to understand.

I've said it before, this game is a Masterpiece. The only issue for JJP and especially Eric is Topping this game. Not going to be easy! For me, the biggest surprise and value of this pin is how immersive the audio and graphics are. With all the nay sayers early on demanding DVD rips I feared there would be gaps in the play to code animation. Far from it to me. Not to put this game on a pedestal but the animations and sound tracks created FAR exceed my expectations and I can't think of another game done this well. Add to that I suspect Keith/Joe and team are still not done as they seem like perfectionists. (good thing). As for easy to understand, I can see this being difficult to master on a route but in home use I feel the fact you can't really Master every aspect in one week is a great new spin for Pinball. A new adventure every time we play it.

#2191 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

OK - so here we go. I have to say, I doubt these pics will get this across but with the way I have them configured (not 100% full blast but 70 or so) - they are EXACTLY what I need for full dark play. Put a red/purple color with the whites - perfect for what I need.
Flasher integration using the Shaker motor to push off the uv is great too.
Btw there are red clouds on the star map.... Never even noticed that before haha
I will post these here but trust me, the way it looks in person is not as extreme. Very happy - only in FULL dark play would I need this but that's the way I play at night!

That second picture looks awesome! lol Sorry while I like that product, just didn't seem needed in this title. Its a dark pirate theme no need to night baseball the playfield in my opinion.

#2197 5 years ago
Quoted from kse001:

Just got my game set up recently and finally started trying to play it. Have had a couple minor issues with balls getting stuck.
One of them has been discussed here already: the gate at the top of the right ramp. I've tried tightening the right screw to lower the right side as suggested, but it was already pretty tight so I'm not sure it's going to make much difference. Will have to see.
The second one is the left orbit and it's happened multiple times. I had some thoughts about trying to bend the bracket or adding washers under it, but figured I'd post a couple pics and see if someone might be able to confirm or suggest some other action based on how mine looks compared to their own game.
Appreciate any help. Thanks,
Kyle

Hard to tell which you are having an issue with so I will advise with caution. You don't want to man handle Bend the bracket. Similar to the WOZ ball lock I think you Slightly bend up the small metal finger on the diverter with a pair of needle nose. That finger is the limiter to set the height and throw of the diverter. Hope that makes sense. Remember, a Little goes a long way in adjusting!!

#2201 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Btw I did experience balls getting caught up in the subway during MB recently and I applied the fix noted earlier and haven't had one since
Great job pinside. I had two very minor issues and they are both resolved. Game plays 100%

HEY! Stop doing tech services or the LTG Union will be at your door! lol You trying to take his job!! JK as he is irreplaceable!

#2212 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

More like LTG Mafia.
You'll wake up with a castrated monkey head in your bed.

YIKES!!! You just frightened "Jack" before his big debut tomorrow! I'll never get this little guy to put the ball down and go to bed now!! You mean man you. lol

IMG_1654 (resized).jpgIMG_1654 (resized).jpg
#2219 5 years ago

Love it...the monkey stole a ball. Really detailed for that small of a character. Looking forward to see where you place him.

No where near Lloyd apparently!! lol Yes I must say of all the mods we have created this one is (dare I say...) the cutest dam thing ever! lol I know Pinball shouldn't be cute but the amount of micro hand detail and his face are just priceless. After our new game arrives tomorrow he "Jack" hopes to make his debut along with another (we feel) really nice touch POTC piece. This game is just So easy to get inspired by, we Love it!

#2222 5 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

Couple of issues on my new machine, looking for assistance.
Switch 24 i think is stuck closed, this is the ship on the left... looks like i need to take the ship apart to get to it?
Also, the right most spotlight on the left sling is out..but will flash a moment when a flipper button is pushed.
Got tired, so I'll need to lift the playfield tomorrow morning... just wanted to see if anyone had the same issue in advance. Thanks.

Bulb is loose in spot lamp. Switch 24 has been covered a few times in this thread I believe.

#2257 5 years ago

Twas the night before Christmas (eve), not a creature was stirring not even a monkey. Mods were hung by the chimney with care in Hopes that St JJP Pirates would soon be there. Then out from the lawn there rose such a clatter, it appears some elves had arose from a van. Not just ordinary elves but a Special surprise from the East Pole. As the elves turned our jaws dropped with surprise, as the elves were non other than the famous Pirate brothers themselves! Eric and Christopher (KingPinGames) WOW! Not here to plunder but rather to share some holiday cheer. Such a wonderful and Appreciated surprise! After the shock a smooth delivery, a gracious personalized autograph, and for good measure Eric decided to take Grand Champion score for me to stare at for likely years to come lol. The game worked Perfectly and Eric also took some time to share some additional details on setup so I could share them with the CE group as he travels. An absolutely memorable day and a machine that will long define pinball at its best. Thank you to Eric and Christopher (and their families) for sharing some of their holiday time to make my families holiday special!
SPECIAL NOTE! Christopher mentioned he still had 1 or 2 CE machines left in his slay so if your looking for a Magical Piratey Christmas he can still make it happen!!! KingPinGames!!

IMG_1659 (resized).jpgIMG_1659 (resized).jpgIMG_1660 (resized).jpgIMG_1660 (resized).jpgIMG_1662 (resized).jpgIMG_1662 (resized).jpgIMG_1663 (resized).jpgIMG_1663 (resized).jpgIMG_1682 (resized).jpgIMG_1682 (resized).jpg
#2265 5 years ago

Pirates isn't complete without the best character in the films. "Jack the Monkey"!! Of all the mods we have created this one is dare I say the Cutest thing we have ever made. This mischievous monkey know to haunt Jack Sparrow is up to his old tricks stealing the pinball (scaled of coarse...) from your fun! While there are several places you can install him he is like the movies at home on the Black Pearl railing keeping an eye out for trouble or looking for it!! Each mod meticulously hand painted to keep with the games beauty. We hope you love him as much as we did creating him. "We named the Monkey Jack!" Available NOW from our website store!

Thanks SO much for all the interest and support. We Love what we do and appreciate being part of your amazing collections!

The Mod Couple

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
#2266 5 years ago

Pirates Ye Be Warned!!!! Custom shooter plate sign mod. Be warned you are plunging into a world of Fun with Pirates of the Caribbean. Ye Be warned it's an amazing ride. This simple yet highly detailed add on is a fitting theme piece to show off your fine pirate skills! Airbrushed and detailed, a fitting piece for the pirate lover in all of us! Arghhhhhhh! Available Now from our website store.

Thank you ALL for the support and interest!

The Mod Couple

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
#2274 5 years ago

Put the Mod Couples silencer kit in tonight. SOOOO much better. You can still tell that it is on, but it is not annoyingly loud any longer. As an extra bonus, my disk is not much more level with the playfield. Honestly if it were any quieter you wouldn’t realize it was moving. I will admit, it is not the easiest of mods to put in but anyone that has had experience with pinball machines should be able to easily do it.
This mod for me is mandatory. It truly just makes the game more enjoyable. Makes it feel even more like the high end quality machine it wants to be.
Now for Jack the monkey...hmm...can he fit on the lower stationary pop bumper?

Thank you So very much for the kind words and feedback. I give my wife credit for "Jack". While I can sculpt anything without the steady hand of art he is just a lifeless statue. Technically as long as he is sitting on the edge of something to allow his little feet to dangle you can put him most anywhere. In my opinion as the mascot of the Black Pearl he really should be on that ship but as you know the pirates code is "more of a Guidelines anyway!" lol

#2275 5 years ago

I need to offer a HUGE shout out to The Mod Father for making an absolutely AWESOME POTC must have. While all the mods and accessories he makes are Always top notch his Custom POTC pingulp and shooter rod are a picture perfect fit for this machine!!! The detail, color choice, beautiful barnacle accents and pirate imagery are spot on amazing! I have very few external mods but I must say these are well worth it to complete the complete pirate theme. Thanks again to The Mod Father for raising the bar on a Really cool set!

Do check out his amazing collection and for POTC its a no brainer!
https://modfatherpinball.com

IMG_1679 (resized).jpgIMG_1679 (resized).jpgIMG_1680 (resized).jpgIMG_1680 (resized).jpgIMG_1681 (resized).jpgIMG_1681 (resized).jpg

#2286 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I think I found a possible bug? If I disable codex tips, my bonus screens will often be black with just the bonus points shown. If I enable codex tips again, the bonus screen will always have an image/video clip in the background. Anyone else seen this behavior?

Not sure if this would help at all as I’m not savvy on code but did you reboot after making the changes? Curious if the scene is written at start up?

#2289 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Yes I did try that and it exhibited the same behavior. Good troubleshooting tip though!

It was worth a try... Eric did mention for ALL POTC owners they are finalizing a software code update so I suspect many of these fine adjustments and some code wonderment will be added. The way I play I don't ever plan to See all the amazing code but we enjoy it all the same!!

#2300 5 years ago

Latest revision of the underwater light show. Different projector (actually is brighter since the floor was so dark), green and blue lights. Will need to modify the projector a bit if possible. More on that as I dig into it. At this point, I just want to see what is possible.

Looks Way cool. I ordered the same light for our machine and it arrived today for some holiday makeover! Thanks for sharing!

#2306 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Can you share what light this is ?

I opted for this unit for the low cost and the ability to power it off the USB. I will post the results no matter the outcome.

https://www.amazon.com/SyndeRay-Ocean-Night-Projector-Player/dp/B01DB8ANFO

#2316 5 years ago
Quoted from Rbviessman:

@yelobird Here’s a mod to your disk silencer mod I purchased.
I added strips of window insulation strip between the spinner mounts and the board. A little more silencing AND it let me level the disk on all four sides by tightening screws more or less on each side of the mount! The insulation will squish like a washer, but more or less depending on how tight you screw in the screws. I had problems getting all the sides to level at once, not any more.
Now... heading to your site to order Jack!

Wow great tip Thanks for sharing that! Thats what makes this fun it creative people sharing solutions so all can fully enjoy. I to noticed my lower disk quadrant is a bit low I will definitely be adding your suggestion to our machine! Thanks.

#2321 5 years ago
Quoted from Wudchopper:

So im really new to this while "pinball to be ownership" lol. I have this machine ordered and coming at the end of January. Ive been following this thread for awhile now. And I've got to say I'm a little concerned about when i pull it out of the box im going to be working on the thing for days just to get to play it. I really dont believe a $10k pin should be that way. Am i over thinking this. Or maybe im reading this thread to much. But the last few pages have been all the things wrong... ugh. I hope im wrong, its alot of money and expect some quality.

While there are never gaurentees I would point out that the primary forum poster would by nature be someone with an issue. Of the Hundreds of games already shipped I think you will agree the majority of issues/questions have been a small group/demographic of individuals. Few come on to say “wow my game was perfect “! (Granted mine was but didn’t wish to rub it in). Lol. I suggest looking at the forum thread as an acknowledgement that IF you have an issue there are many plans outlined to fix it and a strong showing of people/OEM willing to help. Unless your both new to pinball And limited on basic skills this game is really simple to diagnose. Hope all this makes some sense. Best game ever even if you had an issue. Good Luck.

#2328 5 years ago

Ok The Mod Couple is testing some New waters from inspiration from this amazing game. We have seen/done modded playfields, cabinets, backboxes, heck we even modded the Player with our "NIB Cologne" but we wanted to take this game to a higher level of detail down to the Coin Door! We wanted to create a unique and Individual Custom piece for the owner Knowing it will truly be one of a kind like this game deserves! Still haven't figured out a product name but the creation is done! A molded theme coin door shadow box with custom serialized number and designation. Collectors Edition AND Limited Addition designs will be available. All 3D sculpted from ship to limited edition unique badge. Ship, wood sign, and lettering all individually airbrushed to meticulous detail with multilevel LED internal accent lighting for a proper display glow. Simple and reversible installation with polycarbonate protective lense to keep display free from poking fingers. When available we will require the user provide their #serial number and we anticipate less then one week turn around for the custom mod. While custom we will do all we can to keep the costs as low as possible though there are a Lot of pieces in this assembly. For now please PM for interest we Hope to have these available via our website store within the week.

The Mod Couple

#2330 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I’m starting to wonder if my Black Pearl aiming issue is a feature, not a bug.
Sometimes, it doesn’t move up and down when I load the cannon, and sometimes it does.
Are there gameplay rules that govern this behavior? Or is it always supposed to move up and down for aiming at the bullseye?

It is supposed to move throughout gameplay granted at different speeds depending on the character you select and mode you are in. While I suspect your optos are working I wonder if they are properly aligned? Hard to see from your photo if the bracket is slightly bent? Also, what level is your game set to and how did you verify it? I am betting its a simple issue.

#2333 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The top of the bubble is at the second line from the bottom. The left/right leveling was verified by placing a level on the playfield while cranking the leg levelers.

OK long shot here but since Lawrence Welk that bubble is virtually useless. If you have an iPhone do download the PinGuy app to do a truer level front to back And side to side. I believe there is a similar app for Android though I'm not the guy to pitch that. Its very possible your game is just out of level side to side enough where the ball is not coming to rest cradled properly in the canon hence the reason it sometimes works. Once loaded the ship should continue cycling up and down IE why its a skill shot to get it Into the other ship. No rocking no objective. Before I would start pulling playfields or any creative fine tuning make Certain the basics (Leveling) are spot on correct! I leveled my game to 7 degrees and made sure front And back it is level side to side. No issues. Good Luck!!

#2347 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Argh - and not the good pirate kind. I now have a new problem: the Chapter Select post coil will not fire.
The soldering connection looks fine, and the post can be freely manipulated. It does not raise during gameplay and it does not raise when I fire the coil test.
Suggestions?
PS - sorry to the thread, I’ve had so many little issues I feel like I am spamming it. Perhaps I should fork off into a tech support thread.[quoted image]

Minor observation from the image the jamb nut on the coil depth screw should be all the way down to keep the setting height correct.

#2349 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Thanks for that, will spin it down. I did notice the height appears sunken below the playfield by about a 1/4 inch.

Its Possible if you raise the plunger (turn screw in to set height and lock jamb nut) that the coil will be able to draw the plunger again. I suspect its just out of range. Simple adjustment but we are here if that doesn't work.

#2352 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Thank you very much!! Adjusting the position and tightening the nut was all it needed. The post now fires as it should.
Thank you for the tip!

No worries, LTG pays us in smiles and warm comments to be his helper elves! (monkeys) lol. Glad you got it working. The group is always around to help unless you want to know how to play better for that I'm at a loose.

#2354 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I expect it will be months and months before I’m able to successfully finish all chapters for 1 movie.

Yep can't help with that. Haven't figured out a mod to make me play better! I sadly resorted to watching the Wizard modes on YouTube as I may never see them otherwise. lol

#2357 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It’s a really good balance IMO. Plenty of challenge and difficulty mastering the chapters/wizard modes, while it’s still pretty approachable to get multiballs, the cannon shot and other exciting events.
It seems equally interesting to newbies/casuals as well as hardcore pinheads.

Plus plundering all there points, gold, and balls always makes for some competitive laughs lol.

#2362 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Scratch that! New highest score!
[quoted image]

LOL I was going to say Ha got that beat then you posted again. Nice!

#2416 5 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

Well, CE owners, especially yelobird have you found a way to remove the button without damaging the way the button is integrated into the coral rock on the lock down bar? I am concerned about breaking it if I attempt to remove it. It looks like epoxy was used to seal the gap around the button.

Well I just pulled the lock bar and the button is completely free so you should have no issue mending or replacing it. It simply goes through the barnacle piece. Good Luck!

#2438 5 years ago

Happy Friday ye scurvy Pirates!! The Mod Couple is Pleased to say the Complete pirate map silencer kit is now tested and might I say works Awesome!!! Kit now includes a solid keyed core with correct durometer rubber gear molded as one. Rigid yet flexible enough to silence the mesh noise along with some minor tooth pitch changes. Direct replacement you simply install the set screws from your gear into the threaded replacement easy-piesy. Thanks to #Rbviessman great suggestion we are Also including a set of self adhesive (1/8") foam rubber pads to the kit to isolate vibration to the playfield and a HUGE plus that now you can fine tune the disk level to the playfield! We will make a light version kit with only the rubber gear and pads for those that already bought the standard silencer kit. In test (2) separate machines the results were Incredibly good. Note not sneak up on a pirate silent but WAY better then stock and very easy to install! Yes my instructions can be daunting (lol) but keep in mind not Everyone is wrench savy, savy? Kits should be up today and know we did everything we could to keep costs down that gear was a B*&^h to make! I hope this can put a quiet rest to any disk concerns and back to pirating!!! Happy holidays to all and thank you so much for your support!

The Mod Couple

#2440 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Happy Friday ye scurvy Pirates!! The Mod Couple is Pleased to say the Complete pirate map silencer kit is now tested and might I say works Awesome!!! Kit now includes a solid keyed core with correct durometer rubber gear molded as one. Rigid yet flexible enough to silence the mesh noise along with some minor tooth pitch changes. Direct replacement you simply install the set screws from your gear into the threaded replacement easy-piesy. Thanks to #Rbviessman great suggestion we are Also including a set of self adhesive (1/8") foam rubber pads to the kit to isolate vibration to the playfield and a HUGE plus that now you can fine tune the disk level to the playfield! We will make a light version kit with only the rubber gear and pads for those that already bought the standard silencer kit. In test (2) separate machines the results were Incredibly good. Note not sneak up on a pirate silent but WAY better then stock and very easy to install! Yes my instructions can be daunting (lol) but keep in mind not Everyone is wrench savy, savy? Kits should be up today and know we did everything we could to keep costs down that gear was a B*&^h to make! I hope this can put a quiet rest to any disk concerns and back to pirating!!! Happy holidays to all and thank you so much for your support!
The Mod Couple
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Kits are Now online and available from our Website store!! Thanks again and happy new year!

#2444 5 years ago
Quoted from drewski28:

Haha I have the mod on order however earlier in the threat people were pulling the mechanism out and having to adjust the gears closer together if I remember correctly.

And when you get the kit (Granted the new one also includes the rubber gear and pads) you will adjust the gear at that time. No sense creating extra work for yourself!

To those that bought the foam only kit please understand that we did say we were going to work on the Complete gear set over the holidays so we apologize if we missed the schedule. IF you ordered the foam only kit and wish to upgrade to the complete kit please just send me a PM and I can work out the upgrade minus the cost of the previous kit and reduced shipping. Hope that makes things a bit smoother we are working at the fastest pace we can... lol

The Mod Couple

#2449 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

This is my only hang up with this game...literally.
[quoted image]

On recent games JJP added one of those clear rubber nipple stick on things same as the top of the Tortuga scoop and the issue is solved. Hope this makes sense.

Not sure if this will help but here is a picture of the afore mentioned nipple. lol

IMG_1753 (resized).jpgIMG_1753 (resized).jpg
#2453 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

The nipple is there. Maybe I need to stimulate it more. In all seriousness, it should be longer. I noticed the nipple/soft plastic cover right after. I took the picture.

Stimulation is key! lol If your game is not into that I suspect they installed your nipple just slightly to far back. I moved it towards the wire ramp just a nipples length and no more ball catches. So much nipple talk you would think we really Were pirates!

#2463 5 years ago

Bummer, even at high speeds I was able to do this! Lol. Guess I need to erase those high scores!

Couple of suggestions. Sounds like your Black Pearl is moving correctly only possibly not centering for proper target. I would calibrate first as thats a simple process. Second, know that the metal linkage with 2 screws (talked about several times for early owners myself included) is a slotted bracket. Its possible yours needs to be mechanically adjusted so it makes a full travel up. Sounds like yours is in the fully down slot position. Finally, just because one person can make the target shot from center doesn't mean your coil settings are the same. There is a setting for the cannon coil power, it's possible yours might be a bit low and needs to be slightly bumped up if you don't want to fire from the cannon up position. Basically making a jump shot instead of a volley. Good luck Im sure you will get it working perfectly.

#2473 5 years ago

Ok Buccaneers, how about a Friday How To tutorial on making your own Davy Jones! NOT for sale just a tutorial so please don't ask! lol Start with a not so easy to find but attainable if you keep an eye on Ebay Davy Jones Series 1 7" figure. Incredible detail and a perfect scale fit! Start with a simple nut cracker move and literally Crack him in half at the waist. While his mid section does have a plate of plastic it seemed a bit to thin for my long term liking so I added a printed solid plastic reenforcement plate and super glue. Center and match holes in removed barrel and Tom figure. Ok, this part is a bit more invasive but really Not that hard. As this figure does not have articulating elbows his arms would Not work in our spinning application with the ramps so he needed to be Persuaded to conform. Using a heat gun Slowly apply heat to his elbow. You'll know when you're there when you see a little smoke and they bend easy. To fare and you get fire. Bend both arms to 90 degrees and add rubber bands till they heat set to the correct shape. A few minutes. After mounting him its time to give that lovely cape a needed trim. I found just below the barrel top edge is perfect and still looks Flowey. (is that a word?) One detail that is IMPORTANT, after you dry fit him and make sure all spins perfect you Need to apply a small amount of super glue to All joints to lock them in place. He won't love it but he Can't move or raise his arms when spinning!! Also note how I arranged and glued his right hand tentacle to the barrel for a nice look. Spins great and other then some casual hobby time really not that hard to do. Plus on a CE this is simply Spot On! Hope this helps. Do let me know if there is anything I forgot to explain. Play on ye scurvy Pirates!!!!

The Mod Couple

IMG_1780 (resized).jpgIMG_1780 (resized).jpgIMG_1782 (resized).jpgIMG_1782 (resized).jpgIMG_1784 (resized).jpgIMG_1784 (resized).jpgIMG_1787 (resized).jpgIMG_1787 (resized).jpgIMG_1788 (resized).jpgIMG_1788 (resized).jpgIMG_1789 (resized).jpgIMG_1789 (resized).jpgIMG_1791 (resized).jpgIMG_1791 (resized).jpgIMG_1794 (resized).jpgIMG_1794 (resized).jpg
#2475 5 years ago

Absolutely brilliant on the CE! Great job as always.
And thanks for Jack the monkey. He is up causing mischief on the Black Pearl and looks great!

Thanks VillaThrills! Just couldn't look at spinning Tom any longer. Plus for technical semantics I don't recall any pirates in a barrel or spinning but Davy Jones was actually doing both in the movie! lol

Davy Jones spinning in movie:

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg
#2477 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Which mirror blades will fit this game ?

I believe Cointaker is the seller of the blades. As long as they are for a JJP game they will fit. In my opinion the Mirrored Black option would be the best for this game over the standard mirror if available.

#2483 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

My left ship flipper does not consistently fire all the way. Sometimes full and sometimes half. The flipper switch at the button is good. I've messed with the EOS switch and that seems fine. So to questions: what could be the issue and how do I remove the ship from the playfield to fix it?

If it goes full and half at random times its possible it is just slightly binding. I would see how much up and down play it has like a traditional flipper and adjust accordingly. You could also just adjust the coil power up 1 bump.

#2484 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Yes but technically that area is representing Tortuga trading post and bar, I'm not sure he was ever in the bar? you know who was Tina the waitress!..(you know its time..)

Well then your in Luck!! You can buy your sexy pirate on Ebay for only $23 and attach her as I illustrated with Davy Jones! lol DO please share pics of your completed upgrade!!!

12 (resized).jpg12 (resized).jpg
#2491 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Can you send a link. I’ll buy her.

Here you go! Can't wait to see your custom solution! lol
ebay.com link: i

#2492 5 years ago

Ok The Mod Couple is testing some New waters with inspiration from this amazing game. We have seen/done modded playfields, cabinets, backboxes, heck we even modded the Player with our "NIB Cologne" but we wanted to take this game to a higher level of detail down to the Coin Door! We wanted to create a unique and Individual Custom piece for the owner Knowing it will truly be one of a kind like this game deserves! The Custom Coin Door Shadow Box Mod! A molded theme coin door shadow box with custom serialized number and designation. Collectors Edition AND Limited Addition designs will be available. All 3D sculpted from ship to limited edition unique badge. Ship, wood sign, and lettering all individually airbrushed to meticulous detail with multilevel blue LED internal accent lighting for a proper display glow. Simple and reversible installation with polycarbonate protective lense to keep display free from poking fingers. When ordering, we will require the user provide their serial number and model (LE or CE) We anticipate less then one week turn around for the custom mod creation. Simple and reversible installation with color instructions included. Image shows example of CE/LE gold lettering examples. Yours would match your individual game number. Available Now from our website store!

The Mod Couple

1a (resized).jpg1a (resized).jpg2a (resized).jpg2a (resized).jpg3a (resized).jpg3a (resized).jpg4a (resized).jpg4a (resized).jpg5a (resized).jpg5a (resized).jpg
#2497 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Not quite what I had in mine.. I wasn't thinking striper pirate.I was thinking waitress pirate with ruffled top for the time off the shoulders maybe a tray or a beer in her hand. It is a bar ..

Stripper Pirate seems like more fun though! I bet pirates weren’t looking for a fine waitress!! Lol

#2504 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I bought one and don't have my game yet. Waiting for some beginner instructions on it too. I do have a cut-off saw that I have a metal cutting blade in it. Following this topic in the thread.

Guys, All of the Series 1 Pirates figure characters are the same scale and construction. NO saws are required to do this modification. Simply pry them apart at the articulating waist and super glue the plastic (already in there) pivot plate in so it's secure. My installation of Davy Jones is the same for Captain Jack granted he does have articulating elbows to no heat gun is needed. Trust that this is really not that hard and you can PM me any questions if you run into trouble. I do have a Jack character though I may not use him after seeing how well Davy turned out.

#2511 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Now that I have this game dialed in, it is a dream to shoot! Unfortunately, I am now to the point where I am trying to progress towards the wizard modes instead of just having fun with the muliballs. Man, this game can be brutal. I will have an amazing game followed by 10 horrible ones. Amazing how fast this game can turn on you!

Too funny. My daughter who normally doesn't love pinball as we do played almost the entire day saying its so dam addictive but unpredictable. One game she gets 600k the next she gets 15k lol. I'm just glad to see my kids enjoy it as much as I do but I agree at times this game just likes to keep me in my place.

#2518 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Ok, side mirrors: who to get from (pinballsidemirrors.com?) and what type? B/W, JJP Hobbit/WOZ, or JJP Dialed In?

And to tag along someone find them in Black polished stainless!! Please

#2520 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

I ordered b/w from pdi... waiting for them to come on Wednesday will let you know if they fit.

Thanks. I did find an Old Pinside thread that Claimed the B/W blades fit a JJP but for $200 I wanted to be sure....

#2527 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

check my posts in this thread as I installed mine from the same website and they worked perfectly fine. JJP Hobbit WOZ
I also second Modcouple making premade DJ to sell. Just not my type of thing.

Ok so to clarify you ordered the Bly/WMS blades from that site and they fit the JJP correct? Looking to order a set of black chrome but can’t get this confirmed. Thanks.

#2530 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Yelobird, Delt31 got his from pinballsidemirrors.com and ordered the JJP Hobbit/WOZ type. The do offer the black that you are looking for. I've ordered from them before but found the process frustrating. I had one set not arrive. USPS reimbursed me and I had to ordered another set. Guess I will give them another go.

Thanks. I did try emailing them a few times with no reply as they do not show the Black Mirror for JJP but I guess time will tell. Just think the black option would be spot on the right look for this theme.

#2532 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Get the American door.

Im curious man of infinite pinball knowledge... lol Why do they use different doors for export machines?

#2604 5 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

Still looking for an answer on this, is anyone experiencing the same thing?
Thanks in advance

Ok I am Hoping this can help you trouble shoot to verify if the issue is mechanical. I am using house hold MacGyver props to illustrate. Fold up a piece of paper 8 1/2" wide into a 1" strip. Fit it into the cannon tray and see if there is a true alignment issue. Note that the Dauntless Can slide front to back on its pivot pin so make sure to check this with the ship front And back! My personal game works fine though it does favor the Rear of the ship hole (sounds dirty) entrance. I suspect this is because of the added variable of the game tilt and ball trajectory? IF your measurements look Way off from what I show the only simple solution I can recommend is to simply add 1-2 washers between the Large Nylon spacer and metal plate on the bottom side of the game. (shown) This should keep the Dauntless at least a 1/4" further back. Hope some of this makes sense and helps others fine tune this ship.

IMG_1812 (resized).jpgIMG_1812 (resized).jpgIMG_1817 (resized).jpgIMG_1817 (resized).jpg
#2605 5 years ago

With that solution investigated (cannon alignment) I came across what I am going to call a PPSA (Pirates Public Service Announcement!!!!). Lloyd, Eric I do ask that this be recognized at the factory as I suspect this Will be an issue for some soon. In reviewing the Dauntless movement issue I looked over the wiring to the rear of the back board going to the Dauntless switches. In less then 50 plays my wire was already sheared off! (red wire in my case) This was caused by a Very tight wire harness with limited flexibility attached to a Moving arm with a razor sharp steel edge. These wires never had a chance!! While I am not proud of my solution (not pretty) I wanted to share a solution that most would have to at least repair or protect this from happening. As can be seen from the bottom of the playfield there is actually Plenty of wire available but in my machines case it is all bundled with no relief. You need to snip roughly (3) zip ties from the wire harness to give this wires a few inches of motion. Verify by swaying your Dauntless (sounds dirty again) back and forth to ensure there is no pull. From there I soldered my wires and added electrical tape to the entire wire bunch. I also added (and recommend) a strip of tape over the edge of the metal channel these feed to. That at least gives the wires a fighting chance should they come in contact again! I admit I Hate electrical tape repairs personally but I wanted everyone to have an available solution to at least fix if needed. All in all a Minor assembly learning curve on a new product and no harm done just hope this can be passed on and help others. I am Very curious if this MAY be some of the Dauntless switch issues people are having at times.... Let me know if there are Any questions.

IMG_1816 (resized).jpgIMG_1816 (resized).jpgIMG_1814 (resized).jpgIMG_1814 (resized).jpgIMG_1818 (resized).jpgIMG_1818 (resized).jpgIMG_1819 (resized).jpgIMG_1819 (resized).jpgIMG_1820 (resized).jpgIMG_1820 (resized).jpgIMG_1821 (resized).jpgIMG_1821 (resized).jpg
#2608 5 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

yelobird Thanks for posting this! Gotta check mine out as soon as I get home!

Strongly recommended!

#2611 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Anyone else with ball jumps from the left ramp? To see in the video at about 1:53

I try to adjust the diverter but didn’t help, any ideas ?

Try dialing Back your Right flipper coil power. I have never had the ball bullet that fast up that ramp and watching a bit of your play it appears to be shooting hot. Flipper power plays heavily on how steep you set the playfield pitch. Good Luck.

#2619 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Almost everything the mod couple sells.

Thanks So much for the kind words. Going to share that with Ms Mod Couple as she (like I) appreciate words of encouragement!

#2626 5 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

Thanks Yelobird,
I did something similar last night, I had two thin pieces of wood and put them in the cannon tray , my alignment is worse than yours, further to the right of the Dauntless.
Eric/Lloyd: Is the cannon shooting tray under the Black Pearl adjustable?

As I showed in post #2604, a few washers added above the white nylon spacer below the Dauntless bracket arm will slide the ship back. Simple to add. Good Luck

#2628 5 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

Here is a picture of mine, the ball always hits to the right of the hole. I checked the Dauntless and it moves freely back and forth. There isn't any room to add a washer or two to the spacer on the Dauntless, it's very tight.
[quoted image]

With the Playfield raised can you show the white nylon spacer and bracket. That arm they use is the same on All of the assembly’s I doubt yours is different. There is at least a 1/4” of play there. (Unless one of the small plastic shaft guides popped out of the hole)

#2643 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Where can I get Mylar for slingshot and lanes for this pin? I have some chipping already so I’d like to protect that area.

Pinballlife has a selection of Mylar squares at low cost.

#2661 5 years ago

Ok for clarity so this doesn't become a viral concern is this the same one persons playfield chip or your actual game? Not defending just hate to see panic on a one off issue due to an over/under tightened or sharp edge post.

#2688 5 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

I have this problem often.

Thats an Odd issue?? Basically the ball gets stopped by the magnet, lets it roll down into the hole, drop into the trough and then it rolls to the VUK. Once its in the VUK it can only go up with the design configuration. The only thing I can think of is that you didn't use the factory balls and they are magnetized. Therefore stuck on the magnet and when it finally releases continues toward the pops? The Only ship VUK issue I have seen and repaired (not my game) is the game was set to 8.3 degrees and the ball would not roll down the trough to the VUK. turns out the clear flap on the subway plastic was slightly bent up. Put some heat to it and lowered it further so it would roll to the VUK correctly.

#2696 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

I have a problem with my right Flipper finger from the black pearl. Sometimes it didn’t react and sometimes it only comes up half way. I was thinking of a broken cable. I dismount the black pearl playfield to check it, but everything looks ok.
I also check the flipperbutton switch’s but they are working also nice.
Any idea or do I have a bad coil ?

Hard to tell from the photo but is it possible as the plastic ship is a molded part that the right spring mount clip is dragging along the plastic when flipped? You could rotate the flipper by hand to see if its close. Also, check that the flipper shaft has a correct up/down clearance in the flipper guide.

POTChelp (resized).jpgPOTChelp (resized).jpg
#2700 5 years ago

Another DIYarrrrrr segment for those of us with older eyes or needing to see the flippers just a little bit better. This Very simple to install and low cost LED strip really adds just the right amount of light to both the flippers as well as the lower playfield area without any obtrusive lighting fixtures. With the small LCD encloser its like they designed this upgrade from the start. I used a simple ($2) LED strip (must be 12v!!) from CometPinball. They have it in several colors though I prefer the simply clear white for my view. Remove adhesive strip, center and it is completely hidden from the players view. Route the wire through the trough and connect to several 12v options below including the LCD itself which has a 12v power connector. Note in the CometPinball (Secret Stash) shelf on their website they offer a Longer 12v LED strip (as I used here) which can be cut to the correct length to add even more light though that costs ($5). Happy Pirating!

IMG_1836 (resized).jpgIMG_1836 (resized).jpgIMG_1837 (resized).jpgIMG_1837 (resized).jpgIMG_1838 (resized).jpgIMG_1838 (resized).jpgIMG_1839 (resized).jpgIMG_1839 (resized).jpg
#2708 5 years ago

Not loving the black flipper, worry not! Walk the Planks and collect the gold with the New Mod Couple Gold Plank custom flipper bat kit! Set of (3) custom made and individually painted with the look of wooden planks and it not be a Pirate plank without some Gold!! Each gold coin oriented to face the player. Simple and reversible install. Complete the look and flip in style! Golden Flipper Planks me hearties!! Available Today from our website store!!

The Mod Couple

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg1a (resized).jpg1a (resized).jpg2a (resized).jpg2a (resized).jpg3a (resized).jpg3a (resized).jpg
#2713 5 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

I'm curious yelobird, how does this look with the controlled GI lighting effects? Does it dim/turn off? Or is it always on?

Depends on where you hook it up. I hooked it up to the 12v spot lamps on the left side which plug in just below and those dim with the modes as does this add on strip. Just something I needed to brighten up the flipper area not a sale item. Just to simple to add and for a few bucks anyone can do it.

#2721 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I noticed my left flipper (and the left flipper on the pearl) both have an end position higher than the right one.
What’s the trick to adjuating the end position?

Loosen pawl nut, adjust alignment, tighten. This often happens in new games and trust that if you think its tight go just a bit more. lol I think Mr LTG made a video on this which applies to most games.

#2726 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

To confirm the bottom position of my flippers looks right, I believe it’s only the top position. And it’s both the bottom play field and the pearl doing it.
I did have a broken left flipper eos wire for a while - would overpowering the left flipper hold cause anything to go out of whack?

Your EOS did not cause an issue. The flippers always look correct in the down position because they are resting against something. Hold them both in the up position when adjusting (use a straight edge across them if you like) and tighten per the LTG movie.

#2730 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Turn game off. Move spotlight over a little. Behind back panel of playfield yank out the big metal clip holding the flat metal thingy holding the motor to the pearl. I'd pull off the big white nylon spacer so you don't lose it. Look between pearl and back wall, see the long allen head screw sticking up ? Remove it with a 1/8th inch allen head wrench.
Slide pearl back and lift up and set on the side. Should have plenty of room to work.
If you want to remove from the game, disconnect the connectors below the playfield. Mark opto connectors in case they aren't marked.

Flat metal Thingy? Is that tech support beginner level talk? Lol

#2735 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Sorry about that. I should have provided a visual for the mod makers.
[quoted image]

Oh that metal do hicky thing-a-ma-bob! lol Would be a better illustration without the packing foam.....lol

#2755 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

These are the same mechs that have been used in pinball games for the last 30 years. There is no way (that i know of) to reduce the noise. This is part of pinball.
I noticed that this is your first NIB game, but is it also your first game in general? Not asking to be an ass, but generally curious as all pinball games (except the virtual ones, which are not really pinball) will have these mechanisms and make these same sounds. Even if you were able to deaden the noises with insulation, the noise would still travel through the glass (although there are some noise reduction properties inherent to the glass itself.)
If you find something let us know, otherwise, accept it as part of the "pinball experience" and enjoy your game.

I’d also add as you PMd me the same question on making a pinball Quiet that I Strongly recommend NOT adding Any foam or foreign materials to the inside of Any pinball machine for both heat and fire concerns. It’s pinball, it will be loud. Find a common ground or tighter friendship with your neighbor whatever you can do but All pinball machines are mechanical and noisy. Don’t risk your family or home trying to quiet down a hobby. Finally, as I also suggested to you, add some Rubber pads to the leg levelers. Often the sound neighbors hate is the transfer of noise through the levelers to floor. Like a tuning fork. Even add a thick carpet on the Floor to dial back the acoustic noise. Play safe, hope this helps.

#2775 5 years ago
Quoted from ellips6:

Thank you guys for the feedback. I am used to the pinball noise for years and like it. I came accross threads where people installed foam inside to reduce noise and I did not feel confortable about this idea due to the safety hazard it will introduce as Yelobird wisely mentionned. Also, I came accross a thread where someone installed a piece of soft plastic onto the coil stop to reduce the 'bang' sound. It did not feel right to me either, this is why I decided to reach out to the community to learn if 'noise reduction' standard practices exist. I got the rubber pads on the legs and will soon receive the silencer kit. I will leave my POTC like that, and enjoy playing it. Everyone loves this pirate experience, this is such a fantastic game.

Crazy idea but why not just dial up your stereo with some louder music. That would make your neighbor hate the music more and appreciate Pirates when the music goes off! JK but I hope you find your solution. Many pinball collectors live in apartments, condos, etc and have had to find alternate compromises so they can enjoy their hobby while being respectful of the others around you. Often simply playing at a different time of the day can smooth things out. Do consider the heavily padded carpet on the Floor under your machine and legs. I suspect you will find that helps a lot. Good Luck!

#2781 5 years ago

definitely. i would encourage all the people not having issues to comment too, but they are probably too busy enjoying their game.
if new buyers are worried, give me a call. I can point you in the direction of a great distributor that answers emails/phone calls at all hours of the night and it a decent tech support guy. Also, JJP has an amazing tech support department that is there just in case you need them.

Not a single issue with our POTC but I did have an Ace installation crew so that may have helped! All in all with Anything pinball things will need to be tinkered, or metal thingys (#LTG) adjusted but thats the nature of pinball. The Great thing is there are Many pinball enthusiasts and amazing support members available to help owners, now and throughout ownership. This game is Honestly a work of art and by far one of the most fun games we have owned in a Long time! Try not to over analyze the possibility of issues just Enjoy one of the best games ever made!

#2791 5 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Has anyone put there multiball setting harder? It easy to start the multiballs and in fact, you have to play them only once to get to the wizard mode.
With the easy factory settings POTC turns into a endless multiball game. And that’s not a good thing.

You must have a different setting or game?? I have played a hundred games on Pirates with multiple multi-balls and yet to see a wizard mode unless I watch it on YouTube!

#2819 5 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Joined the club today with ordering a LE #569, will be here end of next week I hope. In the meantime Just ordered some stuff from the ModCouple hope it will arive at the same time.

We won't let you down nor delay your Pirate cruise date. Shipping tomorrow to meet your awesome ships arrival! Congrats and Thank You for your support!!

(Scratch that, mama was headed toward the post office so your order is shipping Today)!

The Mod Couple

#2826 5 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

A couple more items, curious to hear the owners' feedback:
1) Often times when shooting the inner loop, the ball will drop into the pearl ship area and go up on the ship. Doesn't seem like it should be happening.
2) Auto-plunge is all sorts of jacked up..not sure if it's wireform or what.

On item #1 thats the added mystery and Design of the Pirates code. (more like Guidelines). You never Know when or where the ball will pop up or divert. They mentioned this several times in the tutorial videos.

#2829 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

It is a lot easier to get to wizard modes with Tia Dalma since you can concentrate on one movie that you select chapters for. I can get to the wizard modes this way, but choke during them!!!

Do any of the characters help you Play better? lol I'm considering the 4 Inch flipper mod to help my game.

#2837 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

This just started happening. My trough VUK launches a ball and bounces into this little recess. So the auto plunger does not register. In a multiball the balls stack in the lane because the auto plunge doesn't fire. And re-checked to make sure game is level.
[quoted image]

It appears your switch wire is just a bit to high and holding the ball from entering. Try adjusting the switch wire lower and I suspect it will then fall into the track and be on its way.

#2848 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I’m having so much fun with this machine! My pinball buddy keeps coming over and we kill multiple hours just trying to master it.

Set it to Dollar play and he'll come over less! lol

#2849 5 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

I may try that unless there any other solutions? Just use some needle noses to clip it? Thank you for the advice.

Yes RBWiesman did this in Post #628. Just give the top a snip and you'll be good.

111 (resized).jpg111 (resized).jpg
#2855 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I saw the new Munsters pin and it looks ok . The price of jjp pins comes up a lot but you can really see where the extra money goes .

Agree somewhat but to be fair.... All manufacturers are increasing prices. Last I checked my Munsters LE was close to 9500 with shipping and tax. So not That far off from a JJP. Love the theme a Lot but by far it's not in the same level as POTC which justifies the slightly higher price. At least to me.

#2865 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Well I just threw down a deposit on an LE. My distributor says I should have my game in 2-3 weeks. I’ll be in this club soon!
What are the must have mods for this game? I definitely want to add mirror blades. Can anyone recommend where I can get those? I’ve searched a little bit and didn’t find any that specifically fit POTC.
Is there anything I should check or adjust before I play my game?
I’m trying to read through this while thread. I’m about 10 pages in. I’m sure I’ll pick up a lot of useful information through it all.
Happy to join this group that seems to be so helpful!

I just received a set of black mirror blades from Pinballdecals. Hoping to install them today and verify fit but I think the darker mirror will be a Great look for this theme.

#2882 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Any suggestions on white lithium grease. I have some Lucas just not sure if it’s ok to use?

For our application pretty much any White Lithium grease will work fine. I used the grease from Ace Hardware I use to lube my garage door lol.

#2894 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Nice! Ok, I'll try all of these. What size washer is best for placing on the shooter rod? There are a million of them and I'm not familiar.

Well, as the shooter rod is 3/8" (.375) diameter that is the key most important dimension. The OD of the washer could be anything from 5/8" to 1" doesn't matter really. With that said, Do make sure your shooter tip is ALL the way on or the issue you are having might be pretty simple. Good Luck!!

1 week later
#3017 5 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Thanks zaphX for all the repair posts. Got my ship rocking correctly after doing the rear bracket adjustment - but so much harder to load the cannon now as it doesn't trap on the left flipper nearly as easily.
Got a group coming over Friday night for some games. Going to play a strikes competition. $1 gold coin in the jar each 4 player game, winner takes the loot! Arrrrrrh.

1$ gold coin for Each?? You guys play for Reals!!!! Wow.

#3027 5 years ago

Loving the 'free games' on location!
If I had one at home and was playing for 'pure high scores' I'd probably just turn Specials off in addition to removing plundering and Liars Dice. Seems like some seriously random bonuses can be gained from all of the above.

I would agree on the Specials but not on the Plundering and Liars dice. Plundering is a Great new feature and always makes things more fun playing with others. As for Liars Dice, unless you pick that captain you rarely actually get it anyway so not really a play distraction in any way. Just Love what they did with every aspect of code and play on this game.

#3047 5 years ago

i guess i'm just thinking from a 'purely competitive' aspect where the goal is to remove as much randomness as possible. plundering is GREAT for casual multiplayer games. but its almost been an unspoken rule or gentelmans agreement on our local game that if you are in relatively 'competitive play'... you pass on the plundering every time. but in a casual game with friend... its pirates the whole way down!
liars dice is a little less of an issue but i know i've seen rewards from that in the several hundred thousand point values (values that could make or break a game). whereas other times its just extra tilts, extra treasures, etc. so thats another one that we have just started passing on in games 'that matter' - even though they really all don't matter. its just pinball!
i'm sure eventually there will be an accepted 'competitive play' setting with the code on this game and we'll probably just start playing that way when pride, ego, and 'loser buys the next round' are on the line.

You don't have to Pass on Plundering nor do you have to play with gentleman to have an agreement. You simply agree to shut off that feature as Keefer designed it. They understood when creating the game it had to have the ability to be tournament rules compliant. Still say for the 99% that don't play competitively and just to have fun with friends the plunder adds a Completely new and Fun perspective on playing. Love it!

#3048 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I never noticed until I read your post but mine currently doesn't feed the flipper directly it does hit the top left but does rebound to a playable spot nearby almost every time. If it's truly meant to feed flipper I'm curious if anyone's does too.... Without tweaking

I've never seen it feed directly to the flipper nor do I think they layed it out to be a smooth predictable out-feed. More of a random pinball type exit. Haven't had any issues with it granted I don't play well enough to judge the design. lol

#3093 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

What colored flipper rubbers are you guys going with? Brand? Got any pics?

I opted to go with the Titan Clear on the flippers which slightly brighten up the black flipper area especially after adding the trough LED strip I posted earlier. Works for me and think they look kind of nice.

IMG_1856 (resized).jpgIMG_1856 (resized).jpg
#3096 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I liked the thought of thunderstorms occasionally happening in the background but after watching the above video I think there is just way too much going on which is a good thing ! So I don't think any of my ideas would work . With what I pictured I don't think what was happening in the chapters would make much difference . I also forgot just how good the animation for extra ball is .

You can simply hold down the flipper button to know the status of every chapter and modes played. No lightening but does give you the info you were looking for.

#3121 5 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

This is what I was planning to do. Should work fine and easily reversible

I may have read it wrong but I don't think he had an issue putting 2 screws back in or the mount the issue was the threaded stud sticking out of the cabinet that you can't move. If that is the case you would need to drill a new hole in the channel they provided to move it over and remount. Just guessing.

#3125 5 years ago
Quoted from Nytewatch33:

I have a question for you POTC owners. This may be the worst place to ask this, or possibly the best . I have room for one pin in my house, and I current have a Monster Bash LE on order. I went and played one yesterday, and while it's fun and campy and of course the game is beautiful, I just worry I will get bored quickly of it. I also played a Hobbit black arrow, and (the reason I'm posting here) a POTC. I really loved both the Hobbit and Pirates, and I am leaning towards switching my order to one of these games. Any thoughts/arguments either for or against? In general I love how many modes there are on pirates, and how deep the game seems to be. But my wife is more about bashing the ball around and doesn't pay attention to any of the rules. Still - the machine is mostly for me. Let me know if you have any feedback. Thanks!

Please trust when I say Hobbit should be a Way 10th place decision. Especially in a small collection!! Beautiful game but gets old quick. Bought and sold myself. While you are asking in a POTC thread your responses will certainly be biased but POTC JJP is by Far the finest pinball machine I have owned in well over 100 machines over the years. This game will for Certain set the bar for many to achieve for years to come. From fun, code, art, enjoyability, toys, build, they nailed Every definition of a perfect pinball machine. Thats my opinion anyway from the POTC club thread lol.

#3147 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Is anyone having issues with tilt?
I have my bob set pretty permissively, and it feels about right for the level of effort vs tilt, but I find that hitting it once will often register 2-3 times in a row...and continue on into the next ball also.
Anyone else?[quoted image]

You just have to lower it just a bit more. Most every pinball machine will keep it swaying. Much more if your game is sitting on carpet. Looks like you have correctly bent the brass ring to center the weight so don't rock the boat!! lol

#3149 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Believe it or not, it was much more active when I had it lower than it is now! It’s like concentrating the weight so far down increased the pendulum action.
I was thinking of trying it inverted.

Just put tape around it and you'll never have a problem! JK!! Yeah not much you can do about that other then lowering it. Same design for decades. Just have to learn how much Motivation you can put into the game and dial yourself back a bit.

#3251 5 years ago

I found that Cliff Notes thread to be the most helpful to follow along. Wish he would totally finish it but once you understand the basics of it most comes together rather well.

#3267 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The 3-disc version was SUPER cool looking. But because the discs were all spinning at different velocities so close to one another.. the ball would kinda jiggle around until it wobbled to the outside of the larger disc. I totally understand the decision to change the mech since it was a PITA to maintain apparently. And if it didn’t affect the ball hardly.. why make trouble down the road for yourself?

But you can't deny the spinning LED inserts in those disks was pretty dam cool and innovative. Yes they did the right thing and the end result was More than acceptable but there is no argument that original design was over the top creative genius!!! Wish it worked.

#3273 5 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

I did a restart and now it is in Full left position when I look at the screen.
In the picture
It show the right (motor inner opto) in green now as well.
Still no luck to move the ship again in testmode nor in gameplay
[quoted image]

There are Several helpful posts in this thread to adjust this issue if you scan back a few posts. Specifically search for posts from #ZaphX He has done a good job of documenting and helping others with issues such as this. I would start with the bracket Behind the rear playfield upright that moves the ship. Specifically the linkage connection and the cotter pin that connects it.

#3278 5 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

Thanks for the feedback. I got it up and running after Lloyd tip. I just moved the rod and after it it moves again!
Thanks so much!!

Lloyd is the problem solver and savior to Pinball fact. Now go enjoy friends and the Best Game ever made!!! Arrrghhhh!

#3280 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Lloyd is truly the great!

Easy now! Don't let his head get Too big now. But as for support and a friend you couldn't find a nicer person anywhere so yes Great is fitting.

#3287 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Ok, so I had a problem with the balls not releasing in the trunk. Turns out my balls were too big! I got them from The Ball Baron. Where does everyone get their pinballs? I've heard that some of the shinier ones don't react to magnets as well.

Say what?? I highly doubt they are selling oversized balls unless you were just making a comical statement?

#3293 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It happens. I've seen at shows two boxes with balls. Regular for pinball. And larger ( for bingo games ? ) I bought some one time and sure enough had one larger one that got mixed in.

Did not know that guess I need to verify with the micrometer more often never would have thought they could do that. Learn something new everyday Thanks LTG!

#3319 5 years ago

The Kraken needs some love.... Beware The Kraken!!! Choose your path wisely and hit that Maelstrom right or fear the Kraken. Introducing the Kraken Custom mod. Complete the look of the dangerous Pirate seas with The Kraken. While mechanisms are a necessity of pinball at times they can spoil the world under glass feel. The Kraken mod was layed out and designed to partially hide the mechanical components and further build the theme look. A simple yet reversible installation and works perfectly with the Maelstrom Mod perfectly! Beware The Kraken or be ready for Davy Jones locker!!! Available Now from our website store, Pirates Welcome!

The Mod Couple

#3325 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

now that is cool. Nice.

Thanks delt31 always value your feedback. Had to show the Kraken some love and while JJP did an Incredible job on this pin those 2 exposed coil mechs were just bothering me lol. So I filled them with my Kraken!!!

#3332 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Nice work on the Kraken, looks factory.
Thanks wheels, liked thewoz, but after 2 years it finally got old for me.
potcjjp looks sweet, dont care regarding 3 spinners or ball trunk change.
looks to still have all the bells and whistles for me...
just need to play one now

Thanks for the kind words. I have always been curious, is pinball as popular in AU as the US now? Meaning pincades and such where they are out in the wild again or primarily a private collector type of thing. Seems like there are a Lot of AU fans on the forum so my guess is you have a pretty good pin environment out there even with the crazy prices.

#3344 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Hi guys.
I asked this and nobody responded so I’ll try again.
Any must have protection items needed? Cliffys, mylar, airball protectors, etc?
Your opinions on side-art VS mirrors VS nothing?
I’m trying to order things ahead of time.
Thanks
Nick

Nick, for me I feel JJP did a pretty good job of mylaring the crap out of the game and as my game is in a casual home environment I opted to be fine with what they provided. But thats me... As for side art. I had no luck with the mirrors as they were just to tight and would be damaged instantly. Several on this thread (recently) have done side blade art with good/bad results. You might want to wait to see the fit of your game before investing in art. I added some misc (cheap) mylar squares to the shooter lane and on the front lip of the VUK edges and they seem to work fine. I believe Pinball Life sells them cheap in 1" squares. There is also additional mylar protectors in your goodie bag from JJP. Everyone has a different level of ownership. To me it is pinball and scratches like dimples are just normal wear and tear to me. If you feel concerned I would suggest the Cliffy set and order soon as he is typically a few weeks behind in shipping. Hope this helps?

#3350 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I also had bad luck with mirrors AND side art. They don't take that long to ship...so wait and see what your cabinet looks like as far as room. I do not see a need for cliffys on this one but personal preference with your comfort level comes first. For me, it is pinball and HUO is unlikely to cause major damage. Check out Mod couple's stuff. I would recommend the Dead men tell no tales sign, the pile of gold around the action button, the cannon, and the rails for the Dauntless for sure. I really like the shooter rod sign and my whole family (and friends) love Jack the Monkey. Have fun with your game.

Thanks so much for the kind feedback. If you have time, could you post a picture of the pinstadium lights results here or in the PS thread. Considering it just not sure if I should make the leap. Thanks!!

#3352 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Must be someone else, no Pinstadiums on mine.

opps sorry... lol

#3353 5 years ago

Well, got mine in and they are perfect. Does not rub the sides at all. But, I also have the Pinstadium magnets in there. They get scraped first and actually save the side art. I love the graphics. Exactly what I was looking for. Hard to get a good shot of them.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sorry asked the wrong guy.... If you have time can you please show a picture of the Pinstadium results on your game here or in the PS thread. Been considering it just not sure if they are a must. Thanks!!!

#3366 5 years ago

Thanks so much to you both. As time and my memory passes I forgot you posted these. Need to give it some more thought but your pictures and input really help!

#3374 5 years ago
Quoted from skyrex:

Finally!! Set up and ready for Action!!

Game looks awesome but sadly nothing compared to those Sexy beasts in the garage. Just gorgeous.

#3389 5 years ago

Wow just received our POTC CE manual!! Absolutely over the top and thicker then a phone book. (if anyone remembers what those are...) Thanks again to the JJP team and Christopher at Kingpin Games for an over the top amazing game cover to cover and levelers to topper. This game is history in the making. Thanks!!!

The Mod Couple

IMG_2155 (resized).jpgIMG_2155 (resized).jpgIMG_2156 (resized).jpgIMG_2156 (resized).jpg
#3400 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Something about spending more money for the manual after already buying the LE doesn't sit well. My DI LE came with one. Not sure I understand why that was changed.....

My apologies if this created an issue with the manual. Just a very nice book to accent this proud to own game. It was for the record outlined on the model line up on day one that the printed manual was only included with the CE. I believe WOZ was the same? Anyway, didn't mean to upset anyone on this just wanted to show how nice the book was if you were considering one.

#3402 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No. It's an extra and not used.

If you plug that in it activates the camera so Lloyd can watch you all night.....lol

#3442 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Nice, so they’ve made at least probably 400 LEs in the past two months.

Possible though I don't think they go in exact number order? Could be assumed though. All I know is I wish them all the success in the world on this game. Eric and JJP hit this one out of the park and aside from some growing pains in production any owner will be pleased with this awesome game.

#3458 5 years ago
Quoted from mslow:

Permission to come aboard....
I just put a deposit down for a PoTC LE. Very excited!

Congrats ye scarvy dog! Good choice this game amazes me every time I turn it on.

#3463 5 years ago

Ok I'll ask.... So love playing this game but I find the women characters have the best values for gameplay specifically Tia Dalma. Is it wrong that I have a hard time playing as a woman!!!! lol

#3465 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I’ve been playing as Carina Smythe quite a bit (more time for everything.). Get over it

lol. So its not wrong. Does that mean I don't have to wear the lipstick for the end of game photo?? lol

#3472 5 years ago
Quoted from skyrex:

Wow!! This is a busy thread. Got mine three days ago (an LE) didn’t request any special number and mine was 61. Also saw there is a notice in the scroll after game is over when it is going through the attract cycle that says game #208. I have no idea what that means. Fortunately mine was pretty straightforward to set up with no issues thus far.....however I never noticed the topper wasn’t centered until I read it on this thread and looked closer at it. Thanks for that. lol

You can change the LE# display in the settings or just turn it off. Congrats and welcome to the pirate seas!

#3489 5 years ago

Ok lazy guy question. Is it possible to disable the Todays high score option in settings?

#3492 5 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

It annoys me to all ends but I leave it on cause my 6 year old kid just loves getting his picture taken when he plays and keeps him wanting to play again.

Totally makes sense but as its mostly my wife and I playing I get tired of only seeing her picture up there. Yeah I suck at pinball.

#3497 5 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I'm new to pinball ownership and in the past couple months bought a JJPOTC LE and a STNG. Both have been great games to play, and searching Pinside forums has been super helpful in identifying and troubleshooting some issues popping up in both machines. Unfortunately I don't have much experience or knowledge with mechanical stuff and I don't have much of a tool collection, so it's been very slow learning for me. I've browsed a lot of the history on this JJPOTC thread (up to about page 50) and I've had many of the same issues with my POTC LE as others (ball hanging up on right ramp, balls entering chest but rolling right through instead of locking, and wire breaking under mini playfield - still don't have the courage to try to fix that one yet) and I just had a couple other issues pop up that I haven't seen mentioned (or I missed them). I was wondering if anyone might have some advice to offer on either of these:
- First, the wire return ramp from Malestrom has in the past day or so shifted to the right by about 1/2 inch so balls coming down it are getting hung up on the top edge of the right slingshot where they're supposed to drop down into the "R" lane. I see there are screws on the dividers between the P & I lane and the the I & R lane. It seems like I should just need to unscrew those a bit, nudge the ramp back over and re-tighten in place. Problem is I don't know what tool to use on those two screws. I checked the user manual (especially pages C-135 to C-151) to see what size they are but I couldn't identify it. I went out and bought a 7-piece SAE nut driver set thinking it should be one of those sizes but 5/16 was too small and 3/8 was too big. Any idea what tool I need for those screws?
- Second, in the past week I've had several shots bounced back at me from the left orbit (yellow skull shot). I think the post at the start of that lane may be raising when it shouldn't and blocking the ball, and then retracting when it gets hit. I haven't been able to confirm it for sure because the post is blocked from view when I'm playing and I don't know it's a problem until a shot gets blocked. Anyone have anything similar to this happen?
Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you.

Looks like you have some minor adjustments to make but I applaud your commitment in trying to learn as you go. Most side with giving up to complain. As your not all that far from me feel free to reach out if I can be of assistance. Once you get this pin dialed in you will enjoy every minute. Congrats neighbor.

#3530 5 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Thank you! Yep, even without the chest lock working for me from day 1 and the left load cannon switch now out it's still playable and a ton of fun to play. Once I get those resolved it should be really great again. I've seen your posts with the mods available for the game and they look great. I didn't realize your location until seeing your message. I appreciate the offer. Once I get the chest lock and broken wire issues fixed the next step might be looking into getting that cannon mod

Glad to hear your getting things in order! Do note my offer to help if you had any issues with the fixes or game never mind meeting local enthusiasts. Never any intention to solicit any mod sales just an offer to help a local with an Awesome game. Congrats again!

#3531 5 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Another idea is to make an option for random selection of your character before the game starts and maybe a random selection of traits (like in MarioKart GP arcade). Use the spinning wheel graphic at the end of a game to randomly select your character in the beginning.
Also add some hidden 'special' characters that need to be unlocked during the game. (like in Mario Smash Bros).
-Dan

Not fully sure I understand this request. You can already set the game to randomly select a character for you in settings. (granted it doesn't seem like much work and I rather like alternate character journeys) Not with you on the random traits concept. The game would have to random custom program the rules with every play. Not sure why you would want to wonder what your characters traits are while you're playing. Again, I like that Keith designed the code so I can choose the strategy and journey I want to play. Rather genius in my book and love it.

#3547 5 years ago

If you read it on the internet then it must be true, right?

I heard Eric is held up in the factory refusing to let any of his beautiful Pirates games out the door frantically screaming “My Precioussssss”. All mine!

#3561 5 years ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

Pinside newbie here. I hope to soon be part of the owners club. Has anybody received their POTC from thepinballcompany recently? I paid by deposit late last year. Still waiting for the reminder of my payment to taken. However, with the recent talk of POTC halting production, at least for awhile, should I be worried that I might have a much longer wait?

Have you considered just giving them a call to ask for a status update seeing as they have you money? They are usually pretty quick on the phone. Worst case last I checked KingPin Games and Flippen Out Pinball both had stock for immediate delivery so not sure why you would still be waiting?

#3566 5 years ago

No, he called and we discussed different games. This is what he decided on.

So even thought he's a Packer he's pretty smart!! lol

#3599 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Okay … for anyone interested in my issue that was discussed for quite a few consecutive posts going back with pinballomatic, here is the conclusion to that issue. I went to 3 different hardware stores and no 6.3 amp fuses, closest I could find was 6.0 amp quick blow fuse. Figured that would be close enough at least for me to prove that the old fuse was fine. Installed the new fuse, same issue for no 20v power. The wiring diagram in the manual shows nothing between fuse 703 and the transformer. I inspected all of the wire and it looked fine. Wiggled the wire connector and wires on the board and it was fine. Started wiggling the wires down at the transformer and connector down there and initially nothing happened. But then all of a sudden the red lights turned on with a flash and faded out and this was occasionally repeatable. Switched to the original fuse, same thing happened. I unplugged the big connector coming off of the transformer and found that one of the middle yellow wires pin connection was not seated into the connector very far, causing a likely intermittent connection. (Previously to this I had moved that wire to troubleshoot a headphone harness issue, but never pulled on it.) It took a bit of effort with the wire buckling, but I got that pin back in there and felt it click. The other wires were then buckling a bit because they were tie wrapped that way. A little straightening of the wires for the tie wraps was needed. I put the connectors back together, turned on the power, and all looks okay now. So this is an experience to note in case you run into something similar. Also note that the 6.3 amp fuses are not readily available at your local hardware. I'm going to order a few if/when I find them online, just in case. Guessing some of the other JJP pins use the same fuse for other things as well.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Good catch thanks for sharing your investigative solution. Pinball can be a love/hate proposition at times with troubleshooting and issues. Always appreciate when people share their solution as it Really helps others find the correct path. Otherwise you spend your Sunday evening on the phone with Lloyd poking and prodding your machine lol. Actually a fun option also...

#3617 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Is it "normal" for the right white LED spotlight that looks towards the map disk to "flicker" and come on and off with the movement of the map? All other spotlights are solid white LED all the time but this one behaves like the connection is loose or it's tied directly to the movement of the map disk.
Jeff

Not normal. Typically JJP puts a dab of silicone on the edge of the bulb so it stays in. Yours may not be seated correctly. I find with LED bulb after you pull them out I slightly bend the small wire on both sides Slightly to the sides of the bulb then push it in. This gives a better seat and more wire contact with the socket. With the shaker and the pops going off these lights tend to work themselves loose which is why I suspect JJP adds the dab of silicone. Good Luck.

#3619 5 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

Tech question.
On the Pearl, the left flipper does not raise like the right flipper does. Is this normal behaviour, or not. Do I need to get the pearl removed to resolve this?
It was good untill this weekend I suppose. I changed the pitch of the pearl a bit to the right to resolve the mech touching the wood in the back but making the cannon shot became way more difficult. Then I noticed.
Thanks!
[quoted image]
Left down, right up
[quoted image]
Left up
[quoted image]
Left up, right down

Doesn't look correct from your photos? The mini flippers should act the same as any set of flippers. In the up position they should be almost parallel at the tips. Looks like your left flipper pawl loosened up and it is over traveling down to the rest position. From some previous posts I believe you can adjust this without taking the black pearl out.

#3640 5 years ago

I had another strange software bug come up today. During the game the main monitor went all black but this was not because it lost signal. The floating scores on the bottom were still coming up. A black screen with numbers coming up. And the LCD in the apron was still functioning just fine. I cradled the ball so that I could get my phone and take a picture of it and in that amount of time the screen returned to normal.
Anyone else see this?
Nick

Still don't personally think this is a software bug at this point. I suspect you have a connection or CPU issue somewhere. Especially since it's primarily happening only to the main monitor. Have you tried reseating Every connector and checking pins? Just a thought as I'm not sure it would help but I would consider reloading the software as it may be corrupted?

#3643 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Great choice in distributor.

Agree on That! Chris is an A+ Pirate and the buying experience was Beyond smooth! One of the good guys for sure!

#3649 5 years ago

I appreciate the input. Respectfully I have to disagree with you. There's no way it could be a connection issue when there are still floating scores showing up on the main monitor. If both screens were completely blank then yes definitely a possible connection issue. This could be a possible OS corruption issue maybe. I talked with Lloyd today and sent an email to Keith. If there's anything to pass on I will post it here.
I'm considering doing a full install.
Nick

No issues just trying to provide feedback. I typically don't side with software bugs when its an Individual case. More times then not its a bad software install or electrical issue. Hope you find your solution so you can get back to enjoying the game!!

#3681 5 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Sorry, one more post looking for an assist. Tonight when I found the screw for the forks in the bottom of my cabinet I looked around and also found a small spring. Attached is a picture of it. Anyone have any idea as to where it might have come from?[quoted image]

Thats a new one to me?? Looks almost like a spring from a Bic pen. lol

#3705 5 years ago

Ok, as everyone is helping explain code to slower individuals like my self. Can someone please explain (in simpleton terms lol) what these circled items do and how do you collect them? With the help of others I have figured out most of the game code but these still have me baffled. Thanks!!

POTCHUH (resized).jpgPOTCHUH (resized).jpg
#3710 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Those are treasures. Collect them all, and a "treasures" jackpot can be collected via tortuga hole. You acquire them through map awards or by making "combo" shots.

Thanks So much those had me puzzled. So primarily a random award and side bonus for points in general. Thanks!!!

#3719 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

ARGGG what boxes? is it in the picture?

Damn I forgot all about those. There's so much other things on my mind while I'm playing. This game is awesome! by the time I figure it all out I'll have dementia and forget it all !

Lol I feel the same way. Honestly though of All the JJP titles I am actually understanding the rules on this game better then the other titles. Hobbit for one had me totally confused (not hard). With the help of that how to thread and member support I feel comfortable playing this game. Now I need to start hunting treasures I guess!

#3747 5 years ago

Ok with all the Good vibes I have a personal Negative vibe on Pirates! This game has Literally ruined all other games for me! Dam you Eric, Keith, Joe, and JJP team you raised the fricken bar so high I now constantly compare this game to every other I play or is released and this just makes them sad. You ruined my future of ever loving other games and I blame you for that with this amazing fricken machine! And to make matters even More difficult it turns out KingPin Chris is a beyond awesome guy and I won't ever be able to say no to him cause he's so darn nice. And don't get me started on Lloyd!!!! Ok I'm done venting I have some plundering to do!!!

#3785 5 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

I am a bit confused regarding the reason for the production stop, which seems far too early to me. One said it is not licence related. So what is the true reason? Set up of the next (unknown) JJP game on the production line? Demand should be there for Pirates.
Does anyone know more details?

Note I am BS guessing with NO fact just opinion but really looking at this game as hard as it is to fathom based on sales price I wonder if part of the issue is Eric designed a dream machine almost To complete and advanced to make a sizable company growth profit. Add licensing, actors, delay, and 1 plus year of refinement without a new release and budgets start to get thin... I doubt many would disagree this game (similar to TZ) was ahead of its time in creativity and advancement. I doubt a single part, toy or mech was recycled from a previous JJP or market option. NO complaints and do hope I am completely wrong as I am elated to own one and happy for anyone that has this game and wish JJP only the best and most successful (profitable) future.

#3805 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Actors is the one thing they don't have besides Gibbs doing the callouts

But my Guess is he doesn't work for Free nor is his time. I personally Love that selection of character as a key in each movie and one of my favorites.

#3808 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Gibbs is an actor but you wrote "actors" meaning more than one , and yes he is the perfect choice for the job

Ok you got me on a technicality but for semantics as an example the Arrrhhhg Frenzie mod is done with Several other Acting voices granted many of those were the JJP engineers having some deserved fun but they Were paid.....

#3810 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I wasn't having a go I was meaning it would have been nice if they had got the rights to use the actors in the game

I know I was having fun with my mistake. lol

#3827 5 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Thanks, I will. I've watched a bunch of streams and it seems really fun, especially in multiplayer. I'm trying to decide between this and BM66. BM66 wins by a lot on them but there's a clunkiness to the shots that gives me pause (could just be me). It's hard for me to tell what the shots are like on pirates because they seem kind of different. Are there a lot of satisfying shots?

Clunky is probably the last adjective I would use to describe POTC. Love BM66 but won't deny POTC is in a level all it's own. Thats just my opinion.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
718 posts in this topic match your search for posts by yelobird. You are on page 1 of 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=yelobird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.