(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (5 years ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (5 years ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (5 years ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (5 years ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (5 years ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (5 years ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vzspyder.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3294 5 years ago

JJPOTC #900 reporting in! I got it set up last night right next to its cousin and played it all the way through midnight. What a machine! Very impressed so far.

Believe it or not, I've read through every post in this thread in preparation for receiving my game. I was anticipating having to make adjustments and fixes... But my POTC worked perfectly out of the box.

Still working on learning the shots and wrapping my head around the ruleset- and still getting used to the fact that this machine takes your picture- every high score entry has me making a dumb face at the screen! Ha!

P_20190202_092622 (resized).jpgP_20190202_092622 (resized).jpg
#3305 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Did you order through pinballstar? I have #800 coming and I believe #900 was a choice I had as well. Still waiting on mine. Shipping tracking shows the last movement was 1/25/2019. I haven’t heard anything since. Glad to hear yours is trouble free. Is the topper centered?

Yes I did! Joe Newhart at pinballSTAR is great. Very communicative and quick- I received my POTC within a week of contacting him, though keep in mind that the game shipped directly from the factory and I live 2 hours away from them!
I also ordered a TNA which hasn't arrived yet; coincidentally, you are pretty close to Spooky's factory!

My topper is not centered but I don't care about that.

#3570 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Nothing yet. Plays fantastic! Such a beautiful machine!
After only the 2nd game I was in the menu and both screens lost signal. They didn't return. Had to power off. Same exact thing happened on day one with my DILE also. Strang JJP bug? Hopefully it doesn't return.
The way the ball falls off the side of the black pearl seems really odd to me. Sounds like it's hitting the cabinet side. Funny how I hadn't noticed this on the 2 games I had played before buying. Obviously this is supposed to happen, just odd IMO.

FWIW, the exact same thing happened to me. 1st or 2nd game, the screens died and I had to reboot. Nearly 100 games later, it has not reoccurred, nor have I experienced any other glitches.

(and yes, falling off the ship has a nice *thonk* sound when it hits the cabinet.)

1 week later
#4111 5 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

So they still having problems out of box or most resolved now. Anyone get one in last couple weeks?

I got mine NIB this month and I've had zero problems

1 week later
#5010 5 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

Hey all,
I'd like to give some context to Kaneda and POTC... I was the one that went with him to Sunshine Laundromat to play it on location and show him why in my opinion it is one of the greatest, if not the greatest, pinball machines out there. I have a perfectly set up game at home. I was visiting NYC for work and figured I could seamlessly transition to playing with him at this location game. I was dead wrong.
The game was so poorly set up and was such a different experience than I am used to at home. Here are a list of the issues it had on location:

Wow- what a shame. I was planning a trip to Sunshine to test out POTC before deciding to buy mine, but I changed my mind and decided to just buy it sight unseen. Glad I did!

I was still thinking of stopping by to play a bunch of other games I've never seen before, but now I'm thinking twice. Is this a reflection of Sunshine's maintenance and setup capabilities? Your experience is something I would expect from a neglected machine sitting in a 2nd-tier hotel "arcade", not a premier, dedicated pinball parlor.

Also, I would guess that the map disc felt like it had no effect due to the playfield steepness.

1 week later
#5688 5 years ago

There is indeed a foam strip along the rear of the chest, separate from the shipping foam. I'd say you should verify game leveling before attempting to trim it.

Also, about your screen blackout- you are now the third or fourth person (including me!) To experience a single non-repeating instance of this. For me it was after my second game, still has never happened again. Weird!

P_20190315_093658 (resized).jpgP_20190315_093658 (resized).jpg
#5694 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

No, not a bad idea, I’d still do a little more checking first:
1) pin is leveled and pitched correctly
2) verify that the chest mounting screws are tight
3) is the hinge at the chest entrance working correctly
4) is the blue bumper plug mounted correctly
If you can confirm those, then yes, a little trimming may due the trick.

I agree ^^

#5703 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Your chest registers balls with that foam piece? I put mine in multiplaces and tried to get it as high in there as possible, still wouldn’t register any balls. I will relevel as I need to level my back of the game too, what level are you at?

Yes, and I haven't touched the foam at all. Chest worked great out of the box. I'm at 6.5 degrees.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vzspyder.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=vzspyder and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.