(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 16,239 posts
  • 543 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by paynemic
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,748 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

P1050752 (resized).JPG
pirate 2 (resized).jpg
pirate 1 (resized).jpg
art of pinball banner 1080 (resized).jpg
20210101_182143 (resized).jpg
20201112_193034 (resized).jpg
B1ECD902-8371-49E3-BCCB-2F9AE6D99E98 (resized).jpeg
20201230_145428 (resized).jpg
20201230_143155 (resized).jpg
20201230_143357 (resized).jpg
1CB0C36B-7CAD-4DD4-9F02-804C39F6EFFE (resized).jpeg
more bs (resized).JPG
bs (resized).JPG
irl540 (resized).JPG
IMG_3646 (resized).jpg
IMG_3643 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (2 years ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (2 years ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (2 years ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (2 years ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (2 years ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (2 years ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (1 year ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (1 year ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (1 year ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vitty.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13147 1 year ago

Anyone have a feel for what a new in unopened box pirates CE would go for these days?

1 week later
#13175 1 year ago

CE #32 is on its way to me from Germany! Can't wait to join the group here.

#13181 1 year ago

After the one I got, Freddy's should have one left. I tried to buy the LE that was for sale on here first but just missed out on it. With so much interest and such a fast sale on that I figured the extra money for the CE NIB was ultimately not far from what its actually worth, especially given warranty support from an authorized dealer.

#13196 1 year ago
Quoted from Vans:

Please tell me they aren't unpacking/repacking it before shipping...!!!

They are unpacking/inspecting and repacking. Personally I find the value in this service and am having them do it for me.

#13246 1 year ago

NIB Pirates CE #32 heading my way from Germany. Lots of imports lately Keep in mind (thanks to bbulkley), it was determined that the recommended course of action for power conversion to 110v is to contact JJP and purchase some parts as the manual is not entirely accurate!

Pirates_CE32 (resized).jpg
#13251 1 year ago

I initially had no desire in the pin due to the theme to be honest. Then the good reviews started to pour in about gameplay over the last year and I finally gave it a shot and loved it which sent me on my chase.

1 week later
#13337 1 year ago

bbulkley mind sharing what you all swapped out now that it’s done? Glad to hear it was easy and you are up and running.

1 week later
#13510 1 year ago

Anyone have a spare CE playfield or know of any around?

#13512 1 year ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

You don't want an old CE playfield, you want a new generation one from JJP once they come in from Germany

Thanks for the info. Are they supposedly being produced?

3 weeks later
#13878 12 months ago

Anyone have a full cliffy set available now that they wouldn't mind 'spotting' me until my order comes in from cliffy? I've got my playfield torn apart going through some mods and the new game setup checklist of adjustments. Its ready for the cliffy's now It still has zero games on it and I'm jonesin' to play!

#13880 12 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Would have been advisable to play a few games to see how/if its working Before tearing the game apart. Just an opinion. Honestly the game is pretty safe to play for a Long time before loads of protection unless you plan to install it in a local Chucky Cheese. lol

Agreed lol and I tried but when I fired up the game the Pearl clunked and was no longer moving. Long story short the rear pin bracket was slightly bent which caused it to fall off the front most pin. Since I had the Pearl off at that point I decided to just keep going. Lots of switch tests and coil tests allowed me to check aim and whatnot but that’s the extent of my play time unfortunately.

#13894 12 months ago

Definitely take things one at a time. This is a complex game that requires a fair amount of tuning and double checking out of the box. Probably one reason the game may never be remade at least with all the bells and whistles it has now.

Finally made my way through zaphx setup guide and fixed several other niggles and got it back together for my first couple games last night!

What an awesome pin!!

0DBBE89E-D015-46EE-834A-7C4414466C3B (resized).jpeg472CF051-F713-4D2F-921F-1518EF8A9B3B (resized).jpeg
#13972 11 months ago

Is Mylar in the map area recommended? I’d assume it’s a good idea since it’s got a magnet under there that throws the ball around. That’s the one thing I didn’t add when I had my game apart as I didn’t know how the game behaved in that area until after it was all back together

#14028 11 months ago

I second houdini's post above. Great products which I also use and recommend!

#14032 11 months ago
Quoted from Harmonic-Homes:

I just picked up one of the most recently made POTC NIB Born on date 5/1/19. Very few issues except for all difficulty and game presets are are blank as pictured.
I called JJP and they said they took them out a few years ago due to bugs. Can anyone confirm? I am on 0.99 and reloaded the full code to make sure that wasn’t it. Seems strange. Thanks guys.[quoted image]

My pirates on 0.99 does not have difficulty presets either. I thought I recall this next update adding them.

#14052 11 months ago

Anyone in need of a Pirates CE backglass? I just had mine replaced under warranty for a bit of spot flaking in a small area of the black border that surrounds the monitor. If someone is good at repairing, it is otherwise perfect. Figured I'd mention it in case someone was looking.

Nic

#14107 11 months ago

I used the plastic type as well per zaphx and no issues so far anyways!

#14162 11 months ago

After aiming and tightening my tortuga vuk with loc-tite it still sends a ball SDTM quite often instead of to the left flipper. I happened to be working on the machine tonight (tightening one of the Pearl flippers which came loose) and saw eaglepin post above regarding the addition of foam on the plunger rest. I added this to mine and over the first several games and dozen or so times i landed in the tortuga it has been rock solid now every time to the left flipper like clockwork. I’ll keep an eye on it and report back over time. Seeming like a great tip though so far. Much appreciated!

#14170 11 months ago

the second photo above is how mine came from the factory. Just installed my map Cliffy today.

#14229 11 months ago

I've just recently installed the silencer a couple weeks ago. Its intimidating, but very doable once you get into it and realize what is going on with it. I find it to works extremely well and has quieted mine down a lot. Compared to my Wonka gobstopper hole noise, it is much quieter.

1 week later
#14300 11 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Not to get off topic, but the Harbor Freight lift project is a game changer. That plus Escalera and your pinball life is sorted out.[quoted image]

Could you shoot me the parts you used to get your handle to do that? I've got the same cart and have been investigating how to more effectively use the handle without just taking it out and dragging it along

#14302 11 months ago

Much appreciated!

#14332 11 months ago

I bought B/W from https://www.pinballdecals.com/MirrorBladesPage.html and they did not naturally fit my POTC CE. I had to trim about 1/8" off a small portion off the top-back to get it to fit the cabinet.

Quoted from ViperJelly:

For the people that used side mirrors, will the B/W mirrors fit or do I need to buy JJP specific? Seems like B/W fit the other JJP machines.

1 week later
#14376 10 months ago

This is why a distributor is a great ally Working with joe pinballstar they always respond quickly. Very much appreciated.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Danville, VA
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 3.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Miami, FL
Sale Pending!
St. Charles, IL
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vitty.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside