(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (5 years ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (5 years ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (5 years ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (5 years ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (5 years ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (5 years ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tonycip.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#526 5 years ago

Pirates washed ashore in ohio!

20181030_111945 (resized).jpg20181030_111945 (resized).jpg20181030_125954 (resized).jpg20181030_125954 (resized).jpg
#576 5 years ago
Quoted from Rbviessman:

Just arrived! Now I have to wait until tomorrow to set it up. Been raining here and I need to dolly it around to the basement. Wish me luck! If I have issues I’ll be sure to ask for help from this great community! You all are awesome!
[quoted image]

I just got mine in the game room. Heads up try to put the leg bolts in first and make sure they thread in .I also had one, back right. that would not go in due to the grounding braid being in the way, I tried to poke it out of the way with a screw driver but that didn't work. I was frantically trying to clear the hole while my buddy was holding it up.. I had to run a tap through it before it would screw in.
I also see the spinning disc is not centered in the hole or level.(as someone else mentioned ). that's all the time I had for now.

#587 5 years ago

Is there a downloadable manual yet? I cant seem to find it.
my ship is barley rocking.. I went into test mode and here's my results . can someone check this against there's.it doesn't look right..
20181103_160742 (resized).jpg20181103_160742 (resized).jpg20181103_160811 (resized).jpg20181103_160811 (resized).jpg20181103_160854 (resized).jpg20181103_160854 (resized).jpg

#593 5 years ago

Thanks for that. I found the section on the ship test. but it doesn't say what the results should be. looks like a LTG question...

people getting there game might want to check right here. I found the wire tie behind the gold switch keeping it from moving I just cut if off and put another one 1/4" down the wire.

20181103_135110 (resized).jpg20181103_135110 (resized).jpg
#634 5 years ago

I just had a pretty good game 556000. but it didn't replace the default high score 500000 jack ??

#639 5 years ago

I had this error checked switches not working found these broken wires .. now It looks like I'll have to remove the pearl..
I didn't find the instruction in the manual... I remember its not supposed to be hard. If someone can help me find it thanks Tony

20181105_141648 (resized).jpg20181105_141648 (resized).jpg20181105_141739 (resized).jpg20181105_141739 (resized).jpg
#647 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I just did that fix a few days ago. You don't have to take the pearl all the way out.
Remove the screw from the back of the pearl, then the clip, the rod should slide forward allowing the ship to rock more and come slightly out of the resting area. Be careful not to drop the plastic washer into your cab. Then you can lay a couple rags down and do the soldering.

Thanks but it looks like the green wires go on the inside tab. To tight for me. I'd rather just remove it... if I can figure out how..

#651 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Unhook the clip holding the arm that rocks it. Remove the long allen head screw back there. Whole playfield slides back and up and out. You can lean it enough to work on it, or unhook connectors below the playfield to remove from the game. Mark opto connectors to which spots they go in.
LTG : )

Thanks lloyd. I wasn't sure about that long Allen. Fixed and back on the high seas arrgg

#736 5 years ago
Quoted from kingkong16:

I too have two lanterns on the left side of the ship that are barely glowing. I hope there is an easy fix!

I have one as well, I'm thinking not just a loose led...but maybe the way its driven power issue? waiting to hear what they tell you..

#819 5 years ago

I love mine, I hope I was able to help flush out a few minor line issues. its one of the best pinball machine ever made . depth,shots are buttery smooth . like that upper loop OMG . awesome. The only thing that would have made it over the top would have been more movie assets and actor rights . brovo Eric. can't wait for the next pin. I hope it's Toy Story! If its Willy Wonka I'm out,The movie and Gene Wilder are too creepy..

#823 5 years ago

Is there a way to adjust the bass,tone?

#846 5 years ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

Hey, received my POTC a couple days back and have one remaining issue. Thanks to those that posted I was ready to tap the threads but all was good but did need to move the braid out of the way. The chest would not release the balls but tweaked it and all is good. The one issue is the ball hangs on the top of the ladder quite often and stops the flow of the game. Love the game, it's my first pin! How do I resolve this? Also, found some bolts and nuts down below. Two of the brass bolts needed to be threaded into the disappearing post, see attached. Realized the posts were not working until the next day, so if you have this issue here is the resolve..
[quoted image][quoted image]

I had my post stop working as well . I fixed by threading screw #8 in some that fixed it but my screw had a jam nut on it .its not shown in the drawing I tightened it and that should keep it from backing out. If your doesn't have the nut I would get one or use a removable lock tite (blue) .

1 week later
#1015 5 years ago

Ships in dry dock..I need a post for the left sling. I was getting a shorted switch machine gun firing.apon closer inspection the lower post was leaning. Causing the rubber To hit the switch.
It turned out that the post that was installed at the factory was a wood screw type and it needs a threaded type.i hope they could ship me the right one asap.i went on the support page and sent a message. It didn't say it was a ticket so I don't know if it's the right place to send it

20181118_111805 (resized).jpg20181118_111805 (resized).jpg
#1025 5 years ago

sweet, thanks I'll get on that as well I didn't know how to access the bulbs. thanks for sharing that.. a little more training at the light install station.. : )

P.S. Mod couple.. you need to get working overtime on the mod's all the Pirate mods are out of stock... : )
great mod's!

1 week later
#1194 5 years ago

Nice mod's. how about a dancing waitress instead of tartoga tom. ?

#1214 5 years ago

about the sound and music ,is there a way to add your own, ala pinsound card? if not now maybe in the future ?

#1224 5 years ago

I agree the music is great, I was more interested in the call outs by more then just gibbs . I really injoy TAF call outs by both the actors.

#1232 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Took a few hours but your recommendation is done. Option 4 is now available with Through cut letters/sign with gel lense defuser applied. Lights nicely granted hard to photograph with the lights off. lol Available now from our store at no additional cost. Thanks again for the feedback and Thanks to all for your interest and support!!
The Mod Couple
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

WOW that was fast... now a... how we coming on tortuga tina?

#1238 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Lol Yeah I presented that to Mrs Mod Couple and just got that Looook. So my guess is Tina won't be happening. We are however Considering a Jack (ish) looking figure (she was fine with that??) for our Standard JJP buyers.

well your leaving a lot of money on the table... that tortuga tom is ugly. It could be waist up like tom. I didn't say she had to be topless. it could be tastefully done.. If your not interested maybe someone else could pick up the baton!

#1293 5 years ago

I was wondering about the small skull in the chapter place holder? what does it mean?

Quoted from Jireteg:

Qualified charters have the skull and bone picture removed, this small skull is in one of the five placeholders for each chapter and move to different chapters, interesting....

#1380 5 years ago

Did anyone mention what the little skull in the chapter slot was for or why it's in differant positions?

#1399 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

There's a new version of the manual out that does a good job of explaining the rules.
http://159.203.76.48/potc/POTC_Manual%202_0%20November%202018.pdf

thanks . but reading makes me sleepy.. can someone just tell me..

#1410 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Shooting skulls qualifies chapters.[quoted image]

Ok thanks for the page, now maybe I'm over thinking this. When you open the movie by hitting the shot on the playfield the door opens and the cannon is displayed letting you know you have qualified to start a chapter for that movie.
the skull now moves down to the line below to tell you the same thing? is it in different spots just to tell you what order you opened up the movies? what would be the significance of that?

#1460 5 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

The metal rails on the shooter lane is inspired. Great addition, Eric!
I'm waiting on availability for rollover switch lane protectors for where the ball drops off the wireforms, but that's about all I can think of for protectors. This is my first NIB machine, and I don't plan to put it on location, so even the rollover lane protectors are probably overkill.

I added some mylar on the upper playfield where the ball up kicks.

#1590 5 years ago

there wasn't any there on mine ,so I added one as well. damn I didn't even think to look in the goodie bag, I just made one.

#1801 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok your timing is well placed. While not Horrible I do find the disk a Bit to loud for my liking so in typical Mod Couple fashion I decided to investigate a bit further to see if there could be a user friendly solution. This issue is actually a combination problem. The plastic to plastic gear mesh is both loose and the gear floats which creates the known loud grinding sound. Second, that sound is basically transmitted to what technically a plastic Drum! The large disk amplifies the sound like a speaker which makes it a bit more pronounced. While I would (and could) make a new drive gear or possibly a rubber drive roller I wanted to try something slightly less costly and easier to implement. Soooo, I created a precision waterjet insert kit similar to what is used in automotive to sound dampen noise issues. Second, a precision snap in shim was created to the plastic drum floats less and now can ride on a plastic (wear resistant) shim instead of the bronze bushing. This allows a light layer of Lithium grease between the two. At this time I am testing the kit on my machine and it is much quieter. NOT silent just improved! Rather simple install took me 15 minutes or so. In conjunction with some light Lithium grease it appears to be a low cost solution. Not looking to get rich on these just trying to help out with an annoying problem. I will have these on our website this weekend for my estimate around $10 (buy your own grease!). Again, this mechanism will Never be a Swiss watch just trying to make it a bit less annoying. lol Hope some find this useful let me know if you have any questions.
The Mod Couple
www.TheModCouplePinball.com

Wow thanks Mod couple, we really appreciate your mod's and pirate problem solving, like the ship lights and such. and your reasonable prices .
so on that note let me share a shooter rod mod on the cheap. here's how I made mine below you can too for under 15$ or if you don't have the time I can whip up some for 35$ shipped not 98$ + shipping. like some others.. I'm not in the mod business just want to help out on this easy to make cheap mod. pinball is expensive enough. Pm me if your interested.

20181215_090059 (resized).jpg20181215_090059 (resized).jpg20181215_090338 (resized).jpg20181215_090338 (resized).jpg20181215_090817 (resized).jpg20181215_090817 (resized).jpg20181215_090830 (resized).jpg20181215_090830 (resized).jpg20181215_100141 (resized).jpg20181215_100141 (resized).jpg20181215_102013 (resized).jpg20181215_102013 (resized).jpg
#1852 5 years ago

I haven't put the new code in yet. are the changes listed somewhere? (sorry if I missed it) . also when you pick a character it tells you what there advantage is, where is the list of disadvantages?

#1908 5 years ago

quick question. I had lie's dice ready to go then hit a multi ball . during multi ball I must of hit the lane target. when it was over no lie's dice .I never got it.
glitch? or just oh well?

#1922 5 years ago

I updated the machine to .97. it shows that on screen. but now I cant seem to get .98 to go in.. any Ideas..

#1930 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

The .98 delta files must reside within an appropriately named folder (see delta install details on their site). Ensure that you didn't just unzip the file into another main folder using the zip file's name. Just unzip it's connects into the required folder per JJP's instructions. When you have your pin running, connect the USB drive and then go into the Utility - USB Update option. This should see the files in that folder on the USB.
It is perfectly acceptable to have this folder at the root of your prepped ready full .97 USB drive. This is handy when making round to other pins of the same title to update those.

Thanks but like I said I just did the .97 so I did it the same . and as instructed on the web site 2 files only on the flash zipped and unzipped.
I started the update through the menu and it starts to download files then just goes to the start screen I double check the ver and it still says .97..
I'll try download it again and start over maybe a file get corrupted or something. does windows come with a unzipping program? I cant find it, I had to use a third party one..

1 week later
#2342 5 years ago

I’m starting to wonder if my Black Pearl aiming issue is a feature, not a bug.
Sometimes, it doesn’t move up and down when I load the cannon, and sometimes it does.
Are there gameplay rules that govern this behavior? Or is it always supposed to move up and down for aiming at the bullseye?

Now that you mention it ,mine moves vary slowly when loaded, but since it moves normally all other times, I was thinking code related?
what is the proper motion of the pearl when loaded. ?

#2366 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I finally fixed my issue with the cannon! Recapped here in its entirety:
SYMPTOM: Frequently (but intermittently) the cannon shot would fail to move up and down, instead freezing in place. Also noticed that the ship calibration could not get single digit speeds, seeming to lose steam around 12-14.
DIAGNOSIS: Running the ship test seemed to work fine at higher speeds. Initially I took this to mean there were no physical issues with the ship movement. On closer examination, it felt like the ship wasn’t listing to the left as much as it should. I pulled the playfield into the service position and repeated the test where I could now see the motor assembly was bending upon each revolution:
https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B11G0ehgLGJRel5;19361558-3938-4DAE-BE51-A8E8BE8F2E5A
The reason for this was the adjustment bar which set set to the full topmost extent. This was causing the pin that moves the ship to halt against the top of the slot in the wood, causing the motor to press down and bend its bracket in order to keep moving.
FIX: After adjusting the screws to allow full range of movement, the ship now freely operates:
https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B11G0ehgLGJRel5;30C87B43-515A-404C-A1C4-AA6A485565EF
Additionally, the calibration test is now able to run all the way down to 4.
I am very happy to have this issue resolved, which is my last open problem with the game.[quoted image][quoted image]

So are you saying the ship moves at normal speed when loaded?

#2479 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thanks VillaThrills! Just couldn't look at spinning Tom any longer. Plus for technical semantics I don't recall any pirates in a barrel or spinning but Davy Jones was actually doing both in the movie! lol
Davy Jones spinning in movie:
[quoted image]

Yes but technically that area is representing Tortuga trading post and bar, I'm not sure he was ever in the bar? you know who was Tina the waitress!..(you know its time..)

#2495 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Well then your in Luck!! You can buy your sexy pirate on Ebay for only $23 and attach her as I illustrated with Davy Jones! lol DO please share pics of your completed upgrade!!!
[quoted image]

Not quite what I had in mine.. I wasn't thinking striper pirate.I was thinking waitress pirate with ruffled top for the time off the shoulders maybe a tray or a beer in her hand. It is a bar ..

#2501 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Stripper Pirate seems like more fun though! I bet pirates weren’t looking for a fine waitress!! Lol

Ya I know but the mod couple's wife. Wont let him make one of those..will she lol

#2575 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Turn the game off. Lean playfield against the backbox.
Remove 5 screws holding the whole assembly to the underside of the playfield. Hold the assembly in your hand and look at the top of it, the two screws are right there. A 1/4 drive for the whole thing. Phillips screw driver can work too.
LTG : )

I was getting some kick outs from the chest as well so I had to do the same thing . what I noticed is the bracket that the screws thread through is pretty thin.and may not have much in the way of threads, I would suggest adding a jam nut on the other side or at least some lock tight. my .02 cents.
now working perfectly.. while your under there it would be worth checking the coil adjustment screws on the playfield posts .the one by the chapter start you would notice but the one in the left orb wasn't working on mine and I didn't know until I found the screw in the bottom of the cab.I think there's 3 such coils with this adjustment on them. correct me if I'm wrong ..

#2640 5 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

When y'all turn your machine on, while booting up, do any of y'all hear a really loud feedback click or two ff the speakers?

since there's a separate amp do you think delaying it's turning on would help . with something like this .

https://www.amazon.com/PAC-TR-4-Remote-Turn-on-Module/dp/B0002J22BE/ref=as_li_ss_tl

#2816 5 years ago

+1 also whey you finish a chapter a little more fan fair so you know you finished without looking up.maybe just the ships bell ringing

1 week later
#3037 5 years ago

I was trying to dial in some things and was still having a problem with the devil's triangle. Every time I hit the ball up there I can expect it to come down and hit directly on the top point of the left sling then bounce directly over to the right drain lane, so I end up wasting tilt warning in desperation to try and save it. I took off the mountain and plastic covering the area to try and adjust the outer most ball guide to try and feed the left flipper. but there's only one screw on the end, and it's not slotted. I still was able to manipulate it with the screw loose but nothing seemed to help, any Ideas ? how does your's work?does it feed your flipper ? thanks

#3073 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

If I tap off the cabinet subwoofer directly, would I still need a preamp or is that signal strong enough since it is directly to the sub?

I taped off the sub in the cab directly, and have no problems..

#3075 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

OK - so it's not intended to roll back to the flipper then? Interesting.

not so fast! I think that's his opinion. I think if you make a intended shot the ball should feed back to you, not so much a rule, more of a guide line .
I would like to here from other owners about how there's work.

#3082 5 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

For a less-permanent solution, you don't have to solder cables to the cabinet speaker. There is a second set of terminals, so just crimp quick-connects on to the end of your speaker cable and attach it that way.

Or even alagater clips..

#3143 5 years ago

Due to popular demand I made another batch of shooter rod mods. PM if interested.

20190126_104415 (resized).jpg20190126_104415 (resized).jpg

20181215_102013 (resized).jpg20181215_102013 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3356 5 years ago

I seem to be having a problem loading the cannon. I get it ready, light fuse arrows lit. then I hit the shot but the gate Isn't up. I lowered the glass and pushed on top the coil and it sure enough it was not even trying to hold, so I hit the load cannon target again and it opened I put the glass back on continued to play
but noticed the light fuse arrow was no longer on?? I didn't think there was a time limit for loading the cannon ? any Ideas would be appreciated thanks

1 week later
#3700 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Skull means that is the next chapter you have qualified.

Now I'm confused. I thought the skull's position was based on its value for the shots of the next chapter ? the more you hit the qualifying shot the further over the skull moves? or something like that.....

#3718 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

No the skull value is shown below the boxes.

ARGGG what boxes? is it in the picture?

Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok, as everyone is helping explain code to slower individuals like my self. Can someone please explain (in simpleton terms lol) what these circled items do and how do you collect them? With the help of others I have figured out most of the game code but these still have me baffled. Thanks!!
[quoted image]

Damn I forgot all about those. There's so much other things on my mind while I'm playing. This game is awesome! by the time I figure it all out I'll have dementia and forget it all !

#3924 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Pirate with tons of mods!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Jack the Monkey is Jacked! what happened to him hand with the pinball in it?

#3973 5 years ago

Could someone post a link to the last stream. ? Thanks

#4021 5 years ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

Here are a few pics of Cliffy's

Is the map hole shot affected any by the Cliffy's? (harder to make)

#4124 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

I took the pics on character select so you could see without the playfield lights shining off colors on the side art.

when the playfield goes to a solid color do the pin-stadiums change color? if not I'll pass for this game .

#4238 5 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

Man, I am thrilled about that side art. The entire process of working with them to design, and the awesome suggestion by @kingbw made these blades look so good!
It's a shame I haven't had a hand to get them installed. Last time I tried to install them, on a different machine, alone I screwed them up bigtime. Uggggg.

Is the side art available? I would like to see more pic of it. I'm undecided on the art and that black mirror.

#4297 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I found this to be true also.
I just messed with it some more and have it better, I think. I set DCR to ON (which removes the ability to set brightness or contrast) and set color temp to sRGB.[quoted image]

is that the new code? I don't think I have the treasure outlines in the upper corners..

#4327 5 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

I am the lucky Pirate that got to beta test this for Rob (Lermods) you won’t be disappointed. Many selections on the lighting ie Brightness, Strobing speed. Everything hidden. Does not interfere with chest shot in any way. Great looking mod.

Nice mod, 2 questions, like someone else asked is red availible that makes the most sense. And can you make it beat only when ball lock is ready?

Congrats ! Are those regular mirror blades or the black? ^^

#4380 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well, I'm gonna roll the "liars dice" and hope for minimal problems out of box.
I was in day one on a CE, then out, now going back in based on the streams, feedback and what i see.

Glad to see you've come to the light!

#4421 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

after watching the latest stream I noticed that the far left shot (devils triangle) came back to the left flipper where mine (and others) do not. Today I bent the left rail guide at the bottom to the right and happy to report that when I hit the devils triangle straight and it comes back - the ball now goes to the left flipper instead of bouncing off left sling.
FYI in the event anyone else wants it to do the same which I think is the way it's expected per the developers game....

I've been trying to adjust mine for a while. where did you bend it. The bottom is where it attaches to the playfield...could you post a pic.

#4473 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Never a dumb question we are all learning here. Dumb answer though, have you considered a bit of spit on the numb to coax it on? lol

I think help it get in the hole not on ...

#4474 5 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Installed my cliffies yesterday! Very happy with these.

How long ago did you order those ? I'm still waiting..
I ordered jan 31.

#4478 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Tried spit. When that didn't work I tried a bit of cooking oil. Still no good.

It looks like the ends have been removed, I have used them in the past and they have little stems attached as you pull them through the hole it stretches them thinner to fit through the hole. They probably cut them off so they don't stick up. you may need new ones . but if its just holding t he plastic you could probably use some screws or something else.

#4529 5 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Manual arrived today. Wow. Well done JJP. Weighs three pounds. Great glossy paper.
[quoted image][quoted image]

9500 and I have to pay another 100 for a manual ? that steams my ass...............order placed..

#4768 5 years ago

I have a problem with the black pearl .It rocks fine during game ,but when the cannon is loaded it slows down super slow,
I some times have to wait for it to tilt back left to shoot the bullseye . I worry it's so long that it might auto shoot...
any Ideas?

#4816 5 years ago
Quoted from philsublime:

Thanks. But the screw is right at the end of the lane and there's nothing left to bend. Or are you talking about the 2nd screw?

I'm still a little confused as well. what your saying makes sense if looking at it from the front. if your going to say more left or right we need more of a reference like looking at it from the front or from the bottom . because making the hole more to the left would seem to be the wrong way to go looking at it from the front . unless your talking about the 2nd screw witch would make the curve in the rail a little more deeper and may project the ball to the right at exit.

#4817 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Thanks to you both for the recommendations and info!
I've read applying wax will help mylar not pull paint too much. Does that happen often with or without wax being there? Is mylar effective for covering a chip so it doesn't expand during play?

Pulling paint off with mylar removal is mostly a problem with older games with out a clear coated finish most new games have clear coated finishes so not much risk of that if removed properly.

#4889 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I had this exact problem. During cannon shot mode the power is lower, and if there is a physical problem it may freeze up or move intermittently.
Fix is documented earlier in this thread (search my posts).

Thanks for your reply, I checked for binding but didn't find any. The wire bundle maybe a little tight so I decided to try calibrating it. and I noticed it appears to be struggling but that's the test it's to see how much power the motor need to rock the ship from one side to the other in a certain amount of time .
That said I see you were able to get down to 4 mine only got down to 7. but that's ok as long as the machine knows it can adjust to compensate. and that was the problem now that the machine knows this, it boosts up the power to rock the ship properly ! when you first see the calibration test you might be confused as the ship slows almost to a stop. and thing something is wrong. or at least I did.
So I would say if you think your ship isen't rocking properly first check for binding and travel of the arm then try recalibrating.

#4904 5 years ago

Man I would have thought they had a handle on that broken wire by now!

#4925 5 years ago

Tortuga Tom fell overboard, and Jack went to look for him,unable to find him he decided to have a grand time at Tortuga . but poor Tom is stranded on a deserted Island !

20190228_191856 (resized).jpg20190228_191856 (resized).jpg20190302_120818 (resized).jpg20190302_120818 (resized).jpg
#4931 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Looks much better! That Tom figure was just out of place. Amazed to see that was actually a figure, I assumed JJP just had a knock off pirate made to fill the spot. Great job!

I don't think it was actually a figure.. I glued him to Jack's legs after I cut Jack in half lol. and the tree and stand came with jack also.

#4932 5 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Jack’s sword doesn’t get in the way?

As he is posed here everything clears barely. I'll probably trim the sword and glue up his hand and stuff as pinzzz suggests.

20190303_083229 (resized).jpg20190303_083229 (resized).jpg
#4939 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Man, really liking those inner art blades!

Ya there's nice and there on a thicker back not just a decal. I was thinking the black mirror blades would be nice but at 200
The art blades were a good deal.I would definitely get the blade protecters

#5129 5 years ago

I was thinking I would like a CE playfield
But they'll only sell them to CE owners.
So if theres a CE owner would like to help me out . Send me a PM thanks.

#5278 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Opto part seems ok. It knows when the mech is up and when it's down. Good suggestion though.

You probably checked this already but worth mentioning. There's a small screw that positions the plunger in the coil, if it loosens up the coil cant grab it and may keep trying which would overheat the coil. Just a thought...

#5287 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Do you have a picture of the screw or where the screw is? Is it black?

Ya you can see it in the manual page C30 blue screw on the bottom of the bracket.It may or may not have a jam nut on it.
also check the bottom of the cabinet .

#5383 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Can you share some pics of the pinstadium hardware? It sounds like it should be easily replicated for a one-off.
In the image it looks like an L channel (if that's the term) with two different styles of LED strips. It uses magnets to hold it in place, what I understand and is controllable via a phone app. What am I missing?

There's a whole Thread on DIY the Stadium lights. for like 1/4 the price here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poor-mans-stadium-lighting

#5510 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Well that is good to know as I will be attempting side art soon (already have it just haven't taken the leap yet) and I for sure would have been frustrated trying to get the nut out of the way to do the install.
Thanks.

I unscrewed mine without a problem although they were tight. No issues here . ymmv..

#5542 5 years ago
Quoted from djxealot:

Didn't even know those protectors were a thing. Thanks! Looking at the Kraken/stormy ocean pinblades.

I got those ones as well. There vary nice and not just decals but a little thicker nice quality, I don't think they would rip as easy . but I got the protectors anyways there nice to and will help with other pin's . just a little hard to bend into shape. I used a hair blower and gloves to help the process.

#5545 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Adjust up the screw on the very bottom of the assembly. It’s for making the top of the post flush with the playfield surface. If it backs off or falls out the plunger drops too far away and the coil can’t reliably lift it. Thus intermittent behavior.

+1^ while your at it check the other 2 or 3 other coils that have this screw . They should have lock nuts If missing I would add some.

#5601 5 years ago
Quoted from djxealot:

The one I had could articulate from the waist as well, but it could not be snapped in half by hand. The ball in the ball joint was far too large. I had to hacksaw it. That being said, it could easily be glued back together if I were ever so inclined. I had to hide the toy from my 4 year old (he loves pirates AND pinball so much), because if he saw that I split him in half, he'd have freaked out - he just recently watched Toy Story, so he'd think I was being like that kid who cuts up toys or whatever. As opposed to him just seeing Jack magically show up on the playfield.
Btw... he LOVES this machine. I have a stool nearby for him to play my pins when he wants to, and my other two pins may as well not even exist, now. It's pirates, pirates, pirates... all the time.

Make him a new toy. I transplanted tom onto Jack's legs.

20190302_120818 (resized).jpg20190302_120818 (resized).jpg
#5717 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I went with the gold. It’s a gold chest after all

I would want it to be interactive so when a ball is ready to be locked the chests glows red..

2 months later
#9172 4 years ago

My best game so far..
I had all the treasures but didn't know what to shoot to collect. Anybody know?

20190514_195716 (resized).jpg20190514_195716 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#9486 4 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

I’m debating ordering the Kraken mod from The Mod Couple as it looks pretty cool from the pics - how do you owners like it?

I wasn't sure about it eather.but I got it and its nicely made looks great . And turns out to be a must have, like so many of there mod's.

2 weeks later
#10258 4 years ago

I have a couple more of these shooter rod's if interested shoot me a PM

476c353b49f4d596187b645257833ca8ac1bc7d0 (resized).jpg476c353b49f4d596187b645257833ca8ac1bc7d0 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#11743 4 years ago

I'm enjoying the game a lot, scoring 1m-2m regularly, but I need some strategy tips to break through to the next level.
I need this whole Shot X Super X Bonus X exc.. cleared up some as to when to shoot for these. someone kind of explained them back in here somewhere. are they explained in the manual? . I saw the video of the guy who had the 24m shot.. I would need a map drown out to figure out what was necessary to do that..I would be happy to get some help to get to 3-5m game .

#11875 4 years ago
Quoted from DarthSinex:

My black pearl was removed to resolder some wires that came off underneath. Since going back on, I'm convinced the ship never fully tilts down far enough to make the dauntless shot. Should the rod through the backboard travel to the bottom of the slot as mine only goes down about 2/3 of the way. Any ideas why the range of vertical travel may be restricted?

Try recalibrate the black pearl limits in the test menu .
It resets the end values if they have changed.

2 weeks later
#12032 4 years ago

Ohio pinball show is finishing up. It was a great show and a big turn out. I have a few more shooter rods left . If anyone needs one last call !
20190908_090637 (resized).jpg20190908_090637 (resized).jpg

#12135 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I guess i didn’t ask the question properly.
It isn’t so much that I worry about the ball being scratched up but one burr in a ball can tear the living shit out of a PF.
Any concerns with that?
I replace mine every 500 plays as well but you just don’t when a burr will show up?
I think it’s equally as bad as the t-nut to be honest and at peast on mine the washer has a sharper edge than the t-nut at map hole.

Speaking of T nuts, where is the one that could be a problem?

#12144 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues/page/10#post-4966440
I put a rubber bumper above it and that prevented it from damaging the balls if you don't want to pull it out and shave it down.

Thanks I'll check it tonight

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tonycip.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=tonycip and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.