(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (5 years ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (5 years ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (5 years ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (5 years ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (5 years ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (5 years ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11596 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah they did. I just hope we don't have to wait 2 years, let alone 1 year or 6 months.
It just doesn't seem right that Wonka is on 1.09 while Pirates which has been out for about a year longer is on pre 1.0 code.

It also doesn’t seem right that they stopped production on the game so quickly. Does anyone in the know understand their reasoning behind this? I agree it seems like the life cycle of this game is quite short and it was abandoned way earlier then it should have been. I guess you could generically say that it was a business decision and move on. However people (including myself) were just starting to get to know the game and actually get some quality time on one. Strange that they have a hit and demand for a game and then promptly cease production. Makes perfect sense

#11602 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

From Jack’s comments, it just seems like the game itself plus parts plus support was not representing a high enough (or any?) profit for the company. Makes sense - they have to make money to stay in business. We have benefitted obviously
Jack said on TWIP that they would really need to talk at the company to discuss another run - that implies to me that the BOM is high and the investors want to see green, not red. But I’m speculating obviously. I think the stupid bullshit about the chest and the map spinner really hurt the company, too - it’s possible they had to take on loans after all the preorders were cancelled, and that would add expense to the game. Looks incredible stupid in hindsight, given that there’s a $100 mod to make the chest work, and the map spinner was not going to be practical to read on the game anyway. The video map spinner is way better

I’m sure a lot of discussion happened in the background that we will never completely be in the know about. I’m positive the bottom line was money without doubt. I agree also that the chest and spinning ring fiasco had some part in this. It’s a shame as I and a lot of other people would like an opportunity to own one. I wonder if there is a way to quantify how much money they (JJP) are leaving on the table due to this very short production run? There will be other pins that this Potc money will go towards. Maybe it will be Jersey maybe not.

4 months later
#13307 4 years ago

Think you would be duplicating some stuff. Might want to check it over before you buy all of that stuff. As mentioned

2 weeks later
#13596 4 years ago

Too funny....Between the two of you guys(Yelobird Zaphx) you own four Pirates...Share the wealth man

#13656 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That's not accurate. Games started to flow in October of 2018. By February 2019, the LEs were already starting to constrict - people who wanted them could only get CE's (happened to two people I know.). Shortly thereafter those also dried up.
POTC was effectively "hard to get" by late March 2019, save for ops hoarding them and this cache of (surprisingly) unsold Australian units returning to the states.
This whole POTC fiasco is our own fault, and that includes me. The Pinside hivemind turned against the game when 2 mechs were nerfed. Complaints about the disc artwork happened, deposits got pulled, etc. If I were JJP, I would cut my parts orders and truncate the run too given that kind of market force. It's a damned shame because it's one of the best pins made in recent memory and IMO will stand the test of time as one of the greats for years to come. It deserved the benefit of the doubt when the mechs were nerfed, and it deserved a much larger run than it received.
This should be a lesson to us all as a community about giving a game a chance - by actually playing it - before rallying the troops and shitting on it.
In fact - here's a crazy idea - if you don't like a game maybe consider not shitting on it at all? Just don't buy it and STFU.

What he said^^^^^
I was in that boat of waiting to see what happened with the two mechs and literally just trying to find one and play it. I told myself after buying X-men sight unseen that I would never buy another pin without having at least played it a few times. By the time I found one and played it the nib games had all dried up. Distribution was nonexistent. I was lucky enough to find a basically nib standard locally a month or so ago. However JJP cutting production so quickly on a game that had just started to find a foothold and sell really surprised me. I’m in the group that hopes for a remake but deep down if I’m honest...probably not going to happen.

2 weeks later
#13893 4 years ago

Just wanted to ask a question and get some opinions. A couple of months back I bought a nice modded out JjpPotc Se from a pinside member. Everything went well. Game was beautiful and as described. Currently working with no issues whatsoever. My only small issue and admittedly partly my fault is that I forgot a couple of the mods. Art blades and the chest mod...anyway I let him know and offered to pay postage to get them mailed to me. Even offered to meet up and exchange if he didn’t want to be bothered with shipping. At this point he is ghosting me and currently not even responding to my txts or pm’s. Still do not have the items btw. Should I just say my bad and forget about it? Not quite sure I want to call him out, but would like to get what was offered and paid for. Personally, I think it’s garbage to ignore and not do something as simple as drop the items in the mail. Thoughts and advice?

#13904 4 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

If they were clearly included in the ad then he should obviously work with you to get them - otherwise it’s basically theft. Personally, I wouldn’t get into a debate on Pinside which always quickly devolve, but would leave negative feedback even though he will likely do the same. I’d just buy new ones (definitely worth it) and enjoy the game. It sucks, but $400 isn’t enough to dwell on in this hobby.

I agree. It’s not worth it. Just disappointed that a relatively simple request gets ignored and dismissed. Your reputation is everything and I wouldn’t want it dinged for such a minor request. Who knows? Maybe something happened? Regardless, a response and follow through would be nice. Not surprisingly he was very quick to respond when I was giving him a big stack of cash.

#13914 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The only SE I see near you included both the art blades and the chest mod, listed as included but not installed in the ad. And for the kind of money they were asking for an SE you definitely should have received them. Not cool to ghost you over that, but not much you can do except leave bad feedback if they won't respond...

I’ve given up at this point. Not looking to call anyone out as that usually devolves into nothing helpful. Sucks but I’ve asked more times then I can remember. What am I gonna do? Like I said...partly my own fault. Live and learn I suppose. Would have been sweet though

4 weeks later
#14305 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Not to get off topic, but the Harbor Freight lift project is a game changer. That plus Escalera and your pinball life is sorted out.[quoted image]

For sure need to invest in this one of these days. Every single time I have to move one it annoys me and I wish I had taken the time to do it.

Thanks for the kick in the butt

4 weeks later
#14626 4 years ago

Due to the forced quarantine I decided to finally install the Treasure chest open/close mod. TBH I put it off for months as it sat on my workbench. Why I waited this long I'm not sure? Possibly was a little intimidated...Anyway, I'm not a huge mod guy, but really enjoy this one. Very well designed and pretty easy to install all things considered. High marks for this one! Very much worth it in my opinion. If you're putting this off...take a shot. You will be pleased.

#14627 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Mod couple mods installed!
Thanks yelobird for sending them so quickly. Beautiful stuff.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Now you need the mod that hides the switch on the Maelstrom ramp.

#14630 4 years ago
Quoted from ARW55:

Pinball Mod Co
Chest mod easy install, looks and works great!!
Davey Jones pop up bumper is awesome too!
Hobbit barrel lights from Mod Couple with arrows removed.
Love the mods ![quoted image][quoted image]

Have most of those, but not the barrel that's tipped over. That's kind of cool.

#14634 4 years ago

Nice. I'm not brave enough to cut off the mount. Looks great though

4 months later
#15408 3 years ago

Just wondering if any in this club ever picked up a proto game with the original disk design? Did any of those ever get out to the general public? I’m guessing no, but I’m often wrong.

#15414 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

yelobird mentioned it in this thread I believe. Those games have earlier versions of software. Later versions of software won't support the original discs.
LTG : )

True. Forgot about the earlier software. Just surprised I don’t see them more often. Usually people love the proto stuff.....other then just Yelobird.

#15415 3 years ago

There was one at Level 257 for a while. It was always off. Lol

1 week later
#15458 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I appreciate the back and forth here. Gnarlee had some views, expressed and defended them, and Derrick elaborated on his situation and thoughts, and extended an olive branch.
Nice to see people hold a discussion, versus the norm of anger and writing one another off.

Agreed. I thought it was going to turn nasty as well. Pleasantly surprised.

2 months later
#15711 3 years ago

Quick question....Had my Pirates for a while. I’ve been wanting to ask about the spinning disk. Is it supposed to be spinning all the time or is it more random? I can’t seem to understand when it should or shouldn’t be spinning. There are some instances when I’m in a multi ball and would expect it to be going wild.

#15713 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The map targets get it spinning, I believe. It ends up spinning most of the time.

You are correct. No setting to increase duration or intensity?

1 year later
#17529 1 year ago
Quoted from palmab03:

I've got an SE, where would I go to get the starfield mod?

I have it and it doesn't really do anything beyond twinkle. Only mention that as the one on the LE is smaller, but is tied into a function on the game. This mod doesn't do that fyi

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=tomn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.