(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (5 years ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (5 years ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (5 years ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (5 years ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (5 years ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (5 years ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tgrinchy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9709 4 years ago

Hey guys! I've been lurking on Pinside for a good 3 years now searching for my first pin (NIB at that) and finally settled on JJP POTC! Just received it last week and this game totally lives up to expectations - super happy!!

I bought an LE from Christopher from Kingpin Games and he's been awesome with the whole transaction! Had a few little issues (as with any pin) and he's "righted the ship" so to speak and been great! Highly recommend him!

1 week later
#10326 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

ball stuck on upper playfield 1st ball played, bummer. the upper ramp is about 1/4 to 1/2 inch lower than the ramp....any ideas.
Also, no washers on either side... they look good, but need to get kit from JJP[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like you need to reseat the black pearl as it’s fallen off the front support. Mine was that way from shipping without a foam block supporting the pearl.

Undo the rear screw behind the pearl, slide it back a bit lift front and back forward.

#10329 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Do I have to disconnect wires underneath or can I do without doing wires

Don’t need to disconnect anything as you’re not removing it entirely. Move it back enough to lift front and slide back forward.

#10520 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Why a blue rubber in the chest? I mean, come on.. blue?! Ironically, coincidentally, I have the exact same rubber in black. And the foam. Yay!
Installing LED lighting on the chest now, almost back together. Optos in the BP swapped, cable protection on. Cliffys installed. Angle bracket cut. Going to do the t-nut, depths cliffy and the map silencer next. Then maybe I get to play!
Video, ball doesn't hit bracket anymore. The sound you hear (and I was investigating while filming) is the ball dropping off the magnet mylar. I made sure of it. https://photos.app.goo.gl/kL4BByhsvjtVctnk8[quoted image][quoted image]

I may have missed - did you end up grinding down the edge of that bracket? I had noticed that bracket protruding into lane as well and thought about shaving it down a bit.

3 weeks later
#11171 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

So I can’t get the ball up to the chest from the left flipper. My upper left won’t go back down in time. Is that the way it’s supposed to be or do I have something wrong?

The flippers are multi-stage meaning if you lightly press only the bottom flippers will flip; press all the way in and both the lower and upper flippers flip.

I just lightly press to move only the left flipper and the upper doesn’t get in the way.

4 weeks later
#11640 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Anyone have any issues with the spinning disk gears? I think my gear on the motor is getting stripped and just spinning on the motor. The actual gear teeth look good but i think from all the switching directions quickly its striping it . I believe mine has updated neoprene gears?

Have you tried tightening the set screw on the gear to the motor shaft?

#11641 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

I already have it lower than default, but I appreciate the suggestion.

I see this as well and have also lowered flipper power. It seems those targets just take the brunt of the ball momentum as one shoots for the pearl ramp.

2 weeks later
#11881 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I just checked and the rod on my Black Pearl also does not travel all the way to the bottom of the slot. There's still a decent gap at its lowest point both when there's a ball on the Pearl and when there's a ball loaded in the cannon ready to shoot.

Mine is like this as well, FWIW

2 weeks later
#12054 4 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Just so it is flat, I would leave it. Many of us the Mylar at the map hole had lifted. Couldn’t get the Cliffy to lay flat like it was.

FWIW - my Mylar was flat so I left it and put cliffy over it; no issues so far. If it was bubbled I would have removed as well

4 months later
#13723 4 years ago

Really dumb question here, but what’s the correct way to remove balls from the game to clean/replace etc?

#13730 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:Take them out!!
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's an empty ball trough option on the menu. Or you can manually operate the coil to force the balls out one by one (make sure the coil isn't powered!).

Thank you to both - super helpful and glaringly obvious now haha!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tgrinchy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=tgrinchy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.