(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (5 years ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (5 years ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (5 years ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (5 years ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (5 years ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (5 years ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sulli10.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5275 5 years ago

Just joined the club with an SE. I agree with the earlier weight comments. Both my Hobbit and POTC will be sold along with the house because I know I am not moving them again .

First impressions were tainted a little by several nits that had to be fixed out of the box. Nothing major but I was surprised considering the quality of the entire build. I am really impressed with the stainless steel armour package. Not your typical, more of a brushed stainless. In person I like it better then the package on the LE. Nice touch! The bumper plastics look cheap to me , but are easily replaceable. I am not a big mod guy , but this game will get a few mods starting with the bumper plastics.

Does any one know if the speakers are the same in the SE versus the LE/CE. I have not gotten up to look at the back box but the cabinet speaker looks like a lower quality then the one in my Hobbit LE? Has anyone upgraded the speakers?

As far as play, so far I am very impressed with the shot geometry and the sheer number of quality shots in this game. The upper flipper is used very well. The code depth is obvious from the start. The basic rules listed in one of the Pinside threads helps dramatically to understand the first layers of this game. The choreography is solid. If it was at the level of the Hobbits's this could be my number one game of all time. Excellent upper play field. The ramp shots are very satisfying. Overall, easily a top ten or better pin for me. Nice job JJP.

I will need to go thru this entire thread to find any other "opportunities" but after resolving the out of the box issues, I am impressed.

#5354 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I’ve yet to officially order my POTC, I had to sell a couple of pins first- selling 2 tomorrow. I’ve seen a lot of you mention issues right out of the box, and that makes me a little nervous. Does anyone regret their purchase?

No not at all.Not sure where Kieth will take this game code/choreography wise, but right now it is really good (( not at Hobbit leve) . So far the only problem besides the out of box was a stuck gold switch that took 2 minutes to resolve. As some one mentioned earlier this is about as non Linear a game as you can get ( I too like SW and need to get a perm/LE some day to replace my pro), there is so much packed into the play field. It shoots great. In my opinion, not as smooth as DI but damn well. I found DI to be too linear so it has left the collection.

#5410 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Yeah it just doesn’t make sense to buy a standard. You’re already $8.5k deep. What the hell is another grand for a ton more features and candy. I can’t wrap my brain around that one. I can imagine resale would take a hefty hit on the standard version.

Well, I got mine as a result of a trade so I guess my options were limited . Shhh do not tell any one , but mine game came with invi glass. I must complain to JJP about quality control. NOT! ( I have no problem with the three things I had to fix out of box, we are even . ). I believe I can get a shaker for the game and not a real big topper guy. I would not mind the star field, but, I can live with out. That being said, the Brushed Stainless is a big upgrade over powder coat in my book. It is that nice.

I think resale depreciation on JJP's Hobbit and Dialed in LE's are about 15 percent so I would expect no different, The SE's in those models seem to depreciate about the same,but, I knew that at the time I got the game. I am wondering what re sale will be on the LE and SE model of this table due to the actual limited run of the game. I am actually pretty glad I am sitting on any version of this great game at this point.

#5478 5 years ago
Quoted from djxealot:

LE is a better value than the SE, for sure. But if you're already stretching your spend on pins this year (me), the extra $1,000 is non-trivial. Also, obtaining an SE is much easier, now, than getting your hands on an LE. Resale not a big issue for me as I generally hold on to my pins for a VERY long time, but even there I'm not sure it'd make a large difference. Unlike Sterns, JJP standards have the same gameplay. You're missing some aesthetic features and doohickeys like the shaker motor and spinning bumper (which I really like and may mod back in at some point), but it's the same game. Not like Stern pro/premium differences.
All that being said, the LE is the superior value over both the SE and the CE, IMHO. Doesn't mean the latter two won't sell, though .

Let me give you another way to think SE versus LE. How many games do you buy and put 1000 dollars worth of mods in? The real difference SE to LE IS mods. Invi glass, shaker, topper, starlight panel, and powder coat. Any other game that you load this type of stuff in ,every buyer, provides minimal value at resale. I have owned a bunch of games , never bought invi glass, bought a total of one topper ( at resale it was a nice throw in, added little value) have bought a few shakers (but no value for them at resale), never powder coated the trim of a game (I think the brushed stainless is much nicer then the powder anyway ) . I like the starlight panel. Maybe I would buy that if priced right. So bottom line, as after market on this game if the SE was the only offering from Jjp, would I pay an extra 1K for a discounted mod package of the 5 items. Nah!

I might buy a shaker and if I could a starlight panel. So after thinking it over. The real value is the SE .

1 week later
#5971 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Happened to look at my sling posts last night and have some concerns. Nothing major yet, but there is some early signs of wear. I will probably put silicone washers to protect. Looks similar to the TNA issue. Maybe a result from modern day clearcoat process?

Where can you get Silicon washers?

#6028 5 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

If there is demand, I can't see why they wouldn't build more... Unless there is little profit margin (which I hope at $9500 there is a healthy margin). This "almost out of parts" thing doesn't make sense to me... I'm guessing they had to order more parts for all the runs of WoZ.
I personally think this "POTC is/may be done" stuff was to create a fear of shortage to drive sales.
POTC is a great game, and people are realizing that. My prediction... We'll see at least one more build between new games or on the second line.
FYI - I didn't watch the presentation, so I'm taking what was said by Jack from what others have posted.

I think they are struggling to make a profit. The reason maybe they are not making more POTC's, is because they cannot cover costs. JJp puts out a hi end game. Keeping costs under control and maintaining high quality is very difficult in any manufacturing business. The recent price jump with less mechanisms in WOZ may be indicative of a cost control issue.

1 week later
#6447 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I've noticed there is a sound effect that plays that sounds like a "uggghh" - anyone know what that relates to? I can't figure it out and it doesn't happen all the time

are you referring to the Arg mode triggered by the Pirate inlanes?

Similar to the Duh mode in TSPP

#6889 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Thanks. The video aspect we're making custom CGI FX for it... its going to be like no mod you've ever seen before. We have created CGI FX for Marvel comics including Spider-Man dark ride and Incredible Hulk. So doing this is not that hard... we want to make the video part look like .

As an SE owner, I am definitely interested. Would be cool if it could simulate LE/CE original star map as well.

9 months later
#13852 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Hey guys and/or harryhoudini , does anyone know how to properly install Harry's Star Field map mod? I have an SE and I bought the lighted version. I assume I just use the double sided tape to adhere the LED plastic to the star field plastic and then bend it into place and install like normal? Only other question is where to pull power for the lights on an SE? I watched the videos so I know the basic installation, but I didn't see that it covers the lights at all, so any help would be super appreciated. Thanks!
On a side note, my Tortgua has started throwing it down the middle the majority of the time. I boosted the coil up to 28 even in the menu and it will still do it. I would like for it to kick out to the left flipper like I know it should. Any ideas for a fix there instead of dropping power to have it go to the right flipper?

As I recall you take the plastic star map out of the SE and slip the new lighted star map in its place. I did not use two sided tape. As far as the power, I had to open up the black conduit that covers the wire bundle coming out of the head to find the connector. Basically cut the tie wraps. I guess they wire for all three models of the game , but With the SE’s , they must tie back that connector in the wire bundle You can see my posts in the thread Harry started on the star map.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sulli10.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=sulli10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.