(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 11,941 posts
  • 449 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by MurphyPeoples
  • Topic is favorited by 211 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,130 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

9F7335D3-321E-458E-B3A2-43D2F99388C7 (resized).jpeg
20190820_152447 (resized).jpg
IMG-4527 (resized).JPG
IMG-4522 (resized).JPG
IMG-4523 (resized).JPG
IMG-4525 (resized).JPG
IMG-4524 (resized).JPG
IMG-4526 (resized).JPG
20190817_173334 (resized).jpg
20190817_135857 (resized).jpg
20190816_233723 (resized).jpg
20190816_233832 (resized).jpg
20190816_231501 (resized).jpg
20190816_231435 (resized).jpg
IMG-4491 (resized).JPG
IMG-4486 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (11 months ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (9 months ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (9 months ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (8 months ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (7 months ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (7 months ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (6 months ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (6 months ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (5 months ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (4 months ago)

Post #6631 Twitch Video - How to Remove and Reinstall Black Pearl Upper Playfield Posted by KevInBuffalo (4 months ago)

Post #6655 Mylar bubble at jjPotC Map hole. Posted by thc666 (4 months ago)

Post #6834 Titan ring sizes Posted by AUKraut (4 months ago)

Post #8145 Positives and Negatives for each character Posted by EaglePin (4 months ago)

Post #8288 Rubber Sizing and Location on Playfield Posted by f3honda4me (3 months ago)

Post #8602 How to see pictures the game has taken Posted by f3honda4me (3 months ago)

Post #8625 Version .99 release notes as of 5/6/2019 Posted by pinball_keefer (3 months ago)

Post #8709 How to backup settings before installing an update Posted by LTG (3 months ago)

Post #9273 Version .99 Character Plus and Minus Benefits Posted by pinball_keefer (3 months ago)

Post #11892 Clear concise video on removing the black pearl Posted by rlslick (3 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider solarvalue.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#94 11 months ago

Some questions for you:
Do you think the game has too many toys in it?
Do you feel like there are too many characters to choose from?
Can you understand how to play the game at all?
Do you know why the compass on the apron isn't round instead of the rectangular shape of a small LCD screen?

Actually...don't bother answering.

#96 11 months ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Why would he know this?

Sorry, I was trying to make a joke based on a podcast I just listened to, I added a sarcasm emoji.

#99 11 months ago

Just noticed in that picture of the upper playfield that there are extra holes so you can adjust the size of the "man overboard" opening - nice touch.

2 weeks later
#191 11 months ago

From Eric:

https://www.twitch.tv/jjplive

Thursday - 3PM central- Join us on Twitch for New JJPOTC code drop.
Liars' Dice!
ALL 5 Movie Wizard Modes
New point balancing
General awesomeness
See you there!

For the people waiting, just curious, how much have you paid? Is it just the $250 deposit at this point?

#214 11 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

shooting ships with a Canon would have been fun and so much better than this.

There's a P3 game you might be interested in (not being sarcastic, I love the P3):

#223 11 months ago

I think Liar's Dice is cool, incorporating board games into pinball is fun.

2 weeks later
#330 10 months ago

Yes

#332 10 months ago

I think there was a Buffalo Pinball stream where it happened. You could look on their Twitch page.

#335 10 months ago

Joe Katz just got it again on the JJPLive stream just as we were typing, so you can see it there as well.

#337 10 months ago

From what I understand, I think you get 6X playfield with all multiballs running and there is a "secret" jackpot, which can be obtained and requalified several times.

3 weeks later
#763 9 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

Do you have the Collector's version? I noticed you mentioned a topper. If so, that makes me sad that so many issues could occur on a table that expensive, yet alone the cheaper models, which aren't exactly cheap....

Don't think the collector's versions are out yet.

3 weeks later
#1400 8 months ago
Quoted from tonycip:

thanks . but reading makes me sleepy.. can someone just tell me..

If someone tells you on here you will still have to read it.

1 week later
#1676 8 months ago

Cool new video from JJP about the CE:

#1735 8 months ago

Re: modes:
I wouldn't think of the "chapters" as modes. They are their own thing, or maybe you could think of them as all one mode. The wizard modes are more like the modes in a traditional game, they are very varied and there's 5 of them. Add to that the 5 different multiballs, tortuga, arrrgh frenzy, pirate lanes, liar's dice, plundering, etc. etc. - I wouldn't worry about not having enough varied content in this game.

1 month later
#3019 7 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

is the 666666 mode some sort of hidden thing from there Pirates series?

As far as I know, it's just that you have all 6 multiballs going at the same time.

If i recall correctly there is a "secret jackpot" during the 666666 multiball mode.

Quoted from zaphX:

I’ve gotten “Special” a few times - anyone know what that is?

Typically, it's a credit for a free game, but it can probably be set to award points in the settings.

1 week later
1 week later
#3532 6 months ago

Isn't there a flipper code to randomly select a character. I think it's hit one flipper quickly 5 times or something like that?

3 weeks later
#5054 5 months ago

Great podcast zaphx , I think you spoke very well and clearly. Your simple description of the 5 multiballs was great.

2 weeks later
#6005 5 months ago

Jack said: "there is no plans to build more at this time but that doesn't mean we won't build more, we have the license for another 3 years."

1 week later
#6695 4 months ago

Who are you guys buying from? Your distributor should be taking care of these issues. Call them and ask them to send someone out or take the machine back. That's what a distributor is for.

#7005 4 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Posted this in another thread but it's relevant here.

Maybe post that in the Black Knight thread as well.

1 month later
#9130 3 months ago

At the risk of wading into something that I shouldn't, I would just like to a add a few data points to the clearcoat concerns:

- In the course of various restorations, I have had to remove posts and, no matter the era of the game, I have often found that the post has dug into the original clearcoat and artwork.
- I have also had playfields clearcoated and, after doing a playfield swap, if I had to later remove a post I had installed for whatever reason, I sometimes found that the post had dug into the new clearcoat.

I'm not saying that what some of you have experienced with this game is not out of the ordinary, I'm just saying that when a post is screwed into a clearcoated playfield, it will often dig into the clearcoat and artwork. The first time I saw this, I was surprised, because I had been told that clearcoat was indestructible and impervious to wear when, in actual fact, it's a lot softer than we think. In the battle between a post, with a relatively small footprint and a clearcoated playfield, which the post is tightened securely against, the post often wins. Remember, the posts have to be tight, or they get loose and move around and then the screw hole gets damaged.

Now, if you have large areas of artwork falling off your playfield without having been subjected to the pressure from a playfield post that may be another matter.

1 month later
#10732 67 days ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

I'd love to know why they changed the color scheme...

Because everyone complained about it.

#10743 67 days ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Well, It was broken for a long time but now its “ fixed”

Cool, when are you going to install the 3 spinning discs?

3 weeks later
#11298 41 days ago

Um...don't you need that switch?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 239.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.
14,775 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Highland Park, IL
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, VIC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider solarvalue.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside