(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (5 years ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (5 years ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (5 years ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (5 years ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (5 years ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (5 years ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider screaminr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballj:

Two minor call outs... The packing material wasn't exactly spelled out on the setup sheet. It was called out to "remove packing material", but just remember to take the foam blocks out from around the black pearl. They were a little hard to see as they blended in, but we did catch it before turning on.
As far as the topper goes, the cable is wire tied to the back of the bracket where the topper mounts too (I love strain reliefs!). This actually is in the way of the topper, so I had to slip off the wire tie. I plan to put a large wire tie on so that it just can't slip back through the hole in the top of the cabinet (if that makes sense)
[quoted image][quoted image]

I like the piece of "wood" from the Black Pearl down to the ramp and did you have to remove the top of the Black Pearl to get to the packaging

#102 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballj:

I didn't have to remove the ship or loosen anything to pull them out.

The photos show the top off the Black Pearl which I hadn't seen before or was that just because the Playfield was pulled out

#103 5 years ago

All good after closer inspection got it figured out

IMG_20180910_211306 (resized).jpgIMG_20180910_211306 (resized).jpgIMG_20180910_211438 (resized).jpgIMG_20180910_211438 (resized).jpg
#105 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballj:

Yeah I prob had the playfield pulled out a little to take advantage of the full rails

Love those full rails

1 week later
#156 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

The only difference "under glass" with the standard that I noticed is that there is no star field on the back panel - just blank in that area ... a good place for a mod I guess. No twirling pirate on the jet poppers. I'm pretty sure everything else is supposed to be the same (under glass). I did shoot the cannon and hit the other ship on it a few times, but not direct hits as it didn't put me right into that mode. The lights changing colors and flickering in the lanterns on the ship is still there on the standard also. The upper flipper loop shot was super smooth, but will take a little practice as the ball is hidden for most of the loop (unlike IMDN). The rewards for consecutive loops and hitting the hole under the ship or the gold in that combination are great and worth the effort. That stupid "I" out lane got me quite a bit - great design, but can be frustrating. On the prototypes Eric removed the rubber from the "E" out lane post near the plunger lane and made the save nudge a little easier. It appears that it ships with the rubber donut on that post and very difficult to save it - tilted every time I tried it (unsuccessfully), but home owners can easily remove the donut, or swap it to the post on the other side. Love it and my wife declared on Facebook that it will be our next pin ... so I guess that's the "golden ticket" final approval from her. It helped that on the game's day 4 at that location (our first visit there) she got the high score #2 right behind Eric's default score.

Also the standard doesn't have the mountain -rocks on the left-hand side. Easy to forget when this pin has so much packed in

#183 5 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I have purchased an "LE" version (WOZ RR, DI LE, TH SG) of every JJP game (plus a WOZ standard) and ordered my JJPOTC on day 1...almost a YEAR ago. I guess none of that matters. I was told March. Then I was told May. Then I was told August. Waiting for this game is getting really old. I'm on the verge of canceling.

Why would you wait this long and when you're almost across the finish line pull out and even if you did cancel it's not like you could go out and buy a better pin you already have a hobbit

#185 5 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

no one cares about anyone thinking of canceling, the patient people just may get their games faster if you do....I acquired this RR to help me wait.
[quoted image]

Can we talk laminated shot Maps yet.

#188 5 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

the other guy got his sinking ship animation, you may be on to something...

You can thank me for getting that sinking ship animation

#189 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

You can’t deny that the sinking ship animation adds to the effect of that shot.

Yes it does just as I said it would.

#197 5 years ago

I hope Liar's Dice is a proper video mode not just a bonus by picking a cup with dice under it linked to one character

#205 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

You start out on a wager screen where you choose what you want to risk, then you get the game screen where you bet and call the computer player a liar. I wasn't ready for it and I kept waiting for the game to end the mode and throw the ball back into play, so I didn't start recording the video right away. I didn't know how to play, but I won.

It's pretty much what I thought it would be, I didn't understand it in the movie and you shouldn't have to watch a video to understand it . shooting ships with a Canon would have been fun and so much better than this. it's better than nothing I suppose but what a let down

#211 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Its not a let down, its something different. If you want the same rehashed games over and over, find a stern.

Maybe let down was a bit harsh but with how good the programming and graphics are on this pin I just feel it would have been good to have something with a bit more atmosphere and excitement and easier to understand

#219 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

There's a P3 game you might be interested in (not being sarcastic, I love the P3):

Interesting concept, a quick mode like that would have been good.

#232 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Its not a let down, its something different. If you want the same rehashed games over and over, find a stern.

After watching the latest stream I think Liar's Dice could be good I just got hung up on it was a video mode it should be called a bonus mode and I was surprised it took 45 minutes to play on the upper deck and also I really loved how fire burned up the map at the end of the wizard mode

#236 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Still looking to film an unboxing vid for this game...

You're welcome to come down under and film unboxing my CE if you want

#261 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I guess I'm going to have to separate my JJP pins from each other then. This between Hobbit and WOZ with external subs would be a little much at a party it seems … from this description with the bass. Each JJP will have to be put in separate corners of the room … because I would refuse to turn down the volume. Great stuff and keep up the excellent work!

Where do you plug in a subwoofer in The Hobbit and how do you get the cords in and out of the cabinet without drilling holes , any pictures would be great

#285 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Here's what I can think of in terms of items that interact with the ball and features the player interacts with. Both games have a lot of cool toys and features.
Pirates
Pirate ship mini playfield with lockdown bar button integration
Mini LCD on apron
Spinning disk
1 magnet (chapter area)
Constellation map
Subway for moving balls around playfield
Spinning pirate
Treasure chest physical ball lock
Maelstrom ramp with diverter and drop hole
Stationary ship toy (upper left corner)
Dialed In
LCD phone
QED moving target
5 magnets
3 mini drones
Subway for moving balls around playfield
Trap door
Quantum theater
Station 3 physical ball lock
Moving mechanic arm
Kickback

What about DI scratching a lottery ticket it's not a toy but it is interactive . That's the great thing about jjp pins so many features.

#313 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thanks to a fellow pinsider, I was able to test a couple of mods, trough light and sidelights on the translight...the fire really lights up well.
I realize not many games out there, but if there is interest in these mods, they are on our site now.
https://lermods.com/t/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp-pinball-mods

The back box came up really well .

Quoted from Audioenslaved:

at $15,000 AUD I’m super not interested...

The AUD has dropped over 10 cents since I ordered mine so they're not going to get cheaper anytime soon.

#343 5 years ago

I’m pretty sure you’ll be paying the $15000 unless you paid in full. Not sure... let me know what you think

I can only fit a hand full of pins in my house so I'm going all in for the CE at over $19k. Had to sell a couple of pins to do it but pirates has a couple of pins worth of features so I think it'll be worth it ,if not I can always sell it that's the good thing about this hobby. It would be good to see some progress pictures of it, but I've waited this long so what's a bit more.
P5 I hope you sold your hobbit.

#349 5 years ago

Yeah sold the hobbit took a bit of fenangling but I got there hope you're enjoying yours. Wow a CE at $20k or there abouts hope you love it. What did you end up selling?

I sold a rrwoz and getaway .I am loving the hobbit ,to me its the complete pin, it's so immersive and fun to play and keeps getting better with all the updates. TH has set a very high bar for pirates.

#351 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

$19K!?
Holy shit! (even if it is AUD)

I know it's mental, I should be buying a new car but with restored IJ and MM going for around 16K I thought stuff it and went for it .

#352 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Oh yeah. As far as movie based pins go I think The Hobbit, with its latest code, is now the best of all time in my opinion due to excellent use of licensed assets being integrated throughout the game. The amount of work that went into that games rules, animations, music, and audio is astounding.

Couldn't agree more.

#354 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Look at it this way, the pinball machine will have better resale value then a new car, you don't have to pay for insurance / registration, there's no gas to put into it, and maintenance is much cheaper, lol. I was thinking the other day of getting a new car and then said to myself "screw it, I rather drive my old hybrid with 150k miles on it for two more years and buy another pinball machine instead", haha.

Once again I agree with everything you say all except for the hybrid part I like my car's to have a bit more up and go.

1 week later
#389 5 years ago
Quoted from hillbilly:

At the York show this happened a handful of times. I agree that modifying the plastic on the wood rail would likely keep the ball from becoming trapped. It's not a show stopper but I would imagine that it would be an easy fix.

If there was a problem you would think it would show up during testing maybe the pins have not been set at the correct levels.

1 week later
#439 5 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Well I completely melted an LED I replaced in a spotlight — they are 12v wedge lamps, as I now see in the manual. Good to know!

I've done that before, man they go quick.

#440 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Just walked in the door from our 10 day trip at Disney and look what was waiting in garage for me!
Woohoo! shiver me timbers!
[quoted image]

Great to see you stuck it out and finally got it , now the fun begins.

#443 5 years ago

You need to move to Sydney so I can play your game...

Playing the CE would probably be worth the trip down to Melbourne. which you're welcome to anytime.

#579 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Especially when I throw the Jack Sparrow hat on full with dreads and beads for a pick!

Has anyone got any funny or silly pictures they want to put up. No other pinball can you ask that question.

#584 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Owner had to make numerous tweaks though out of the box.

Fingers crossed the more they make the better they get at it.

#585 5 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

looks like my right wireform is not helping with this problem.
[quoted image]

That looks seriously bent I would not be happy with that, how hard would that be to replace ?

2 weeks later
#1008 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

. the thought that he is forced to spend the weekend with a bunch of skids !

I've always thought of my pins as female. Sometimes I walk past the hobbit and say "hello beautiful " I'm not sure saying "hello handsome " would work as well.

#1095 5 years ago

I like at the end of the game when the characters spin around for match instead of numbers , would it be good if in settings you could make it stop on the character you want using the action button. Then you would have another game in a game .

1 week later
#1268 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Man I love JJP games, but their toppers blow! They do everything first class expect their toppers

The CE will sort that out.

#1323 5 years ago

Just got back from Flip Out Melbourne Mr jersey Jack himself was there and it was a great day. Finally got to play the production version of pirates, in the pictures the apron looked too bright and out of place I'm not sure if it was just the pictures or they toned it down but in real life it looks really good .

#1381 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Does your LED strip for the topper flicker?

At the expo on the weekend the two pirates that were there the toppers were flickering , I think that's the way it's meant to be.

#1431 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

I've been in Lakewood NJ getting the CEs off the line). .

Pretty please with a cherry on top any chance of seeing a couple of pics (or even one) of the ce, it's been the longest wait and it's killing me and even once their done will still have to wait for the slow boat half way around the world.

#1450 5 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

Do i detect a bit of sarcasm there? *grin* It's not going to happen, but one can always hope. That being said, hope isnt a strategy. I am worried about issues posted here of course, and fixing there would be better. The best thing about pickup is that you take the non vested shipper out of the equation.
Everything else is a bonus.

It will work perfectly in the factory problems will only show up once you have it at home and are in the middle of your best game that's usually how it goes.

#1466 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Switch protector by the whirlpool ramp.
LTG : )
[quoted image]

Great spotting !

#1529 5 years ago

Have they changed their process or products ,had a woz with over 1300 games and a Hobbit with a few hundred and no chipping

1 week later
#1913 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Give me a call tomorrow and we can talk
608-393-2299

I thought all phone numbers in the US started with 555

#1917 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Looks like lloyd is hitting the rum barrel tonight.

He's earned it .

#1969 5 years ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

I'm just going to leave this here:

Yes you have an example of pirate spelt with a " y" , it was also spelt with an " I " but most importantly in THE MOVIES of Pirates Of The Caribbean they never spell pirate with a "y" . So to be true to the franchise they would spell piracy with an "i" not a "y" on a wanted poster . It just doesn't look right and the last thing I want to do while playing pinball is have a debate with mates over spelling . Just my 2 cents worth

IMG_20181219_151303 (resized).jpgIMG_20181219_151303 (resized).jpgIMG_20181219_151523 (resized).jpgIMG_20181219_151523 (resized).jpgIMG_20181219_151008 (resized).jpgIMG_20181219_151008 (resized).jpg
#2022 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It almost seems to keep the ball from touching the wood so will this prevent shooter wear going forward?

That's what it's designed to do .

#2151 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Now that my star map works (loose cable) - how do I use it? I really don’t understand what it’s trying to tell me.

The star map used to be easier to read but Keith and the guys thought it was too easy , maybe they could have an " expert - novice " setting to make the star map a bit easier to read as it is hard to even have time to look at it with all the action going on .

#2152 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Now that Depp has been kicked from the series, could we see a version of this game without a huge picture of him in the middle of the playfield? That picture made me think this game looked terrible even though it's supposed to be a great game.

Like it or not he is in the movies and if you don't like his picture on the Playfield (like me )go for the CE

#2157 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

What is the best way to change the mini flipper rubbers on the ship?
Looks like this might be a little tricky?
If you take the nuts off the plastic pieces of the ship that are covering the rear of the flippers will that open that area up?
[quoted image]

If you heat up the rubber in hot water will that give you enough flexibility to slide it flat under the plastic to the base and then pull over the end .

#2164 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Ok... Was contemplating some type of water projection Trying to capture the world under glass concept .

Mate that looks sick . You're expanding the world out from under the glass . I'm going to have to steal your idea ! It would also work really well on my Fish Tails and other pinballs such as Creature from the Black Lagoon , Whitewater , Popeye , excetera . Besides LEDs I think it's the first must have lighting option I've seen . Such a cheap way to get such an impressive effect .

#2225 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

IF JJP is taking requests like this, please remove Keira Knightley from the playfield as I have a difficult time playing with an erection! Umph

1 week later
#2513 5 years ago

Happy New Years matees from one drunken Pirate to all the other pirates

#2561 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

High scores on my Pirates :
LTG : )

I like the picture of the dog there .Would be good to see him / her in a wanted poster .

#2592 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well I still don’t have a pinwiki account but here’s my list of problems and solutions for POTC so far. I will replicate it there once I am approved.
Problem: Chest seems to reject shots that it should have captured.
Solution: Remove the chest mech from under the playfield (5 screws.). Tighten the two screws for the fork which are likely loose. This is a common problem.
Problem: Balls getting stuck at the top of the Black Pearl ramp.
Solution: Ensure the game is horizontally level, measured at the playfield. Next, locate the screw to the right of the ramp which compresses a rubber crush washer. Tighten this screw clockwise until setting balls on the top of the ramp always makes them roll away right. This fixed the problem for me permanently.
Problem: The Black Pearl rocking motion sometimes halts (especially during the cannon shot) or otherwise seems to struggle in the calibration test.
Solution: Put the playfield in the first service position, such that you can observe the motion of the arm. Run the ship calibration test. If the pin that controls the rocking of the Pearl contacts the top or bottom of the slot, loosen the two screws on the control arm and correct the height travel is unimpeded in both directions. This took a bit for me to find, but after correcting it the calibration was able to run all the way down to 4, and the ship rocking was much more playable.
Problem: The metal rails in the shooter lane are malformed, causing bad plunges
Solution: Take pictures of the shooter lane before removal, noting the angle of attack into the right orbit. Remove the shooter lane. It has 3 connection points, one hex screw near the top, the “stack” which holds the right strobe, and a small black screw near the bottom. With the wireform removed, gently bend the bottom two forks such that they are slightly down and slightly apart. The goal here is to make them hug the shooter lane when reinserted. When reassembling, take care not to strip the black screw. I was advised to put the screw in and gently turn counterclockwise until it rises up, to ensure it hit the threads correctly on reinsertion. This fixed the problems with the shooter completely.
Problem: Maelstrom exit ramp switch reporting stuck closed
Solution: This may be more of a “general pinall troubleshooting” thing. I removed the switch and found the plastic plunger in the microswitch was stuck down. Loosening one of the set screws on the switch itself freed it and normal operation resumed.
Problem: Game reports switch errors on the ship on startup
Solution: This is a normal condition that happens if the ship hasn’t been hit in the last N games and usually does not indicate an actual fault.
Problem: Game reports stuck MAP targets
Solution: In my case the targets were mounted too closely together and were physically stuck behind one another. Loosening from under the playfield and moving them apart resolved the problem.
Problem: Game reports stuck GOLD targets
Solution: In my case the L target was getting caught under the wiring harness on the Pearl ramp. I loosened the target and pressed the harness up and out of the way, then reinstalled. The Pearl ramp adjustment to stop the ball from sticking on the ramp also helped.
Problem: Chapter Select or Left Orbit posts fail to raise up
Solution: Locate the posts under the playfield. Adjust the position with the screw and lock into place with the hex nut.
Problem: Action button sticking during gameplay
Solution: Remove the lockbar. Depress the action button and apply a small amount of lubricant to the exposed plunger. I had success with WD40, others used silicon spray. Clean off any excess before replacing the lockbar.

Start a jjp Potc issues - solutions thread . If there isn't one already and if there is one could someone post a link . I would do it but I'm not sure about doing the links. Pinside is my first port of call for a information regarding issues and solutions for Potc .

#2594 5 years ago
Quoted from Jireteg:

It is possible to adjust, there is an earlier post in this thread with instructions that I don´t find at the moment,

Quoted from zaphX:

Problem: Balls getting stuck at the top of the Black Pearl ramp.
Solution: Ensure the game is horizontally level, measured at the playfield. Next, locate the screw to the right of the ramp which compresses a rubber crush washer. Tighten this screw clockwise until setting balls on the top of the ramp always makes them roll away right. This fixed the problem for me permanently.

#2644 5 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

When y'all turn your machine on, while booting up, do any of y'all hear a really loud feedback click or two ff the speakers?

Must be a jjp thing my Hobbit does it as well .

#2652 5 years ago

Totally off track , but can anyone tell me what the middle symbol does it looks like a link if so how do you use it ?

IMG_20190106_033406 (resized).jpgIMG_20190106_033406 (resized).jpg
#2655 5 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

Can you share some photos of the problem areas? Thank you.

I can't speak for the post you're referring to but here are some pictures of some chipping

Quoted from FlippinJB:

I quite like it

For some weird reason I don't mind it either it tells me the pin is " alive "

IMG_20190106_041801 (resized).jpgIMG_20190106_041801 (resized).jpgIMG_20190106_041844 (resized).jpgIMG_20190106_041844 (resized).jpg
#2659 5 years ago

Apparently some posts had sharp bottom edges.

IMG_20190106_050819 (resized).jpgIMG_20190106_050819 (resized).jpg
#2731 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Flat metal Thingy?

I can understand that , a name of a part doesn't help if you don't know what it looks like . But I am at beginner level

#2854 5 years ago

I saw the new Munsters pin and it looks ok . The price of jjp pins comes up a lot but you can really see where the extra money goes .

#2859 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Wonka should be at Level 257 by then too.

So... Wonka is the next release ?

#2861 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

The JJP "Official announcement" hasn't been made yet. There are very strong rumors though.

Cool . From what I've read on pinside I thought it was leaning towards Toy Story.

#2863 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Wishful thinking (me too), but the new movie has to come out first in June. If rumors are true, that is why Toy Story didn't come out before Pirates - because of the movie delay. Latest I heard at Expo is that JJP #5 will be revealed in Texas in a couple of months ... if nothing happens to delay those plans, which could happen.

If they're waiting for the latest Toy Story to come out hopefully they will have clips from that movie as well as all the others and fingers crossed they got better rights to the movie assets than they did potc .

#2923 5 years ago

Are they just two wood screws holding the bracket ? If so, with the pounding it will cop over time I would've thought they would go with nut and bolts or " T " nuts.

IMG_20190115_190556 (resized).jpgIMG_20190115_190556 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3020 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Typically, it's a credit for a free game, but it can probably be set to award points in the settings.

Or an extra ball ?

#3052 5 years ago

This game probably has the most involved and deepest code ever so I don't want to come across as greedy but I have lots of time to think at work ... and I thought it would be cool if they showed the passage of time while playing the game .For example if you played for say 5 minutes or achieved a certain amount of stuff in the game the lights could go orange to represent a sunrise or a sunset and then darker and have lights twinkling to represent night time and normal lighting for daytime and at the end of the game it could tell you how many days sailed . If all of that was too complicated or couldn't be done what about some random thunderstorms with rumbling Thunder flashing lights and rain and drops of water running down the map on the back screen , to help give you the atmosphere so you really feel as though you're at sea .

#3095 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

The more we toss around ideas, the better!
I think that the challenge with this one scenario is the basis of playing chapters within movies. The chapters are random (a random 5 of 25 per movie, per game). Each scene is of course based on different times of day. That would clash with an over all, progress approach.

I liked the thought of thunderstorms occasionally happening in the background but after watching the above video I think there is just way too much going on which is a good thing ! So I don't think any of my ideas would work . With what I pictured I don't think what was happening in the chapters would make much difference . I also forgot just how good the animation for extra ball is .

#3097 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You can simply hold down the flipper button to know the status of every chapter and modes played. No lightening but does give you the info you were looking for.

When I said there was to much going on I meant regarding the lights and call outs to have another layer on top of that for my idea to work not actual game play progress.

1 week later
#3333 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

going to see if there is one anywhere local to give it a go.

Go see Wayne at Mr pinball

#3335 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thanks for the kind words. I have always been curious, is pinball as popular in AU as the US now? Meaning pincades and such where they are out in the wild again or primarily a private collector type of thing. Seems like there are a Lot of AU fans on the forum so my guess is you have a pretty good pin environment out there even with the crazy prices.

Things are picking up alot . On John's arcade tour of the stern factory George Gomez said Australia is their biggest market besides the US . Here in Melbourne there are a few comps that go on and a handful of pubs with pins , nothing like the old days .but I would say it's mainly the home market . And yes prices have gone mental .

#3363 5 years ago

Did you end up sorting out the LED light for the water effect

#3365 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Yes and no. Ended up soldering something together and using the extra USB from the backbox PC to power it so it does turn on and off with the game. Overall like the look, but no where near as plug and play as I would have liked. Pretty much pulled all the electronics out and wired direct. Still a fun effect but really a pain to implement.
Ended with this one with a bit less green in it.

Great job . To me it looks well worth the effort
Such a clever idea .

#3535 5 years ago

I heard it's going to be the last wide body game they make due to the cost of filling it up with all the goodies

#3541 5 years ago

Another woz run,

I read somewhere it's going to be a yellow brick road version stripped down no flying monkey

#3543 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

That sucks. What do they have against the monkey? I thought he was pretty cool.

The monkey is cool although I did have a few issues with him on my ruby red

#3545 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

That would make no sense to get rid of the monkey. If they get rid of any toys then I think they will have a harder time selling those pins. From a business standpoint I just don’t see the logic.
If anything I’d expect the next run of WOZ to be the same as current LE/75th or better with tweaks. If it’s a lesser version then I’m out.

I think they're using up all of their spare parts to make one last run

#3551 5 years ago

If you read it on the internet then it must be true, right?

You would know more than me so I guess we'll have to wait and see if it's true or not

#3553 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

No more pirates. No woz monkey. JJP really is making it hard for me to save $ past the stern pro price point. Hopefully Steve ritchies next game delivers...maybe we get Lyman with it

Wait and see what wonka is like .

#3622 5 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball: maybe add some 'special' hidden characters that need to be unlocked during the game (like 'Jack the Monkey' etc).

I think it was Keith who said they couldn't even get the monkey or the dog they have their own agents ! Thank god they got Gibbs for the call outs .

#3655 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I was talking to a guy yesterday who has been having problems with his WOZ doors. He says Jack called him directly to talk about his issues and they got to chatting. The new WOZ Yellow Brick Road will have some problem mechs stripped out and will be super limited edition with new art at a staggering cost.

Don't believe everything you hear , next it'll be don't believe everything you see .

#3673 5 years ago

I did just meet the guy, but people don't usually lie to me while drinking beer in my home while playing my pinballs!

When people drink beer and play Pinball at my house that is probably when I hear the most bullshit . I like the way WOZ is and wouldn't want it stripped down but I would be shocked if a stripped-down yellow brick road version didn't happen , if anyone wanted a new in box with a Flying Monkey I would be getting it sooner rather than later

#3800 5 years ago

Actors is the one thing they don't have besides Gibbs doing the callouts

#3807 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

But my Guess is he doesn't work for Free nor is his time. I personally Love that selection of character as a key in each movie and one of my favorites.

Gibbs is an actor but you wrote "actors" meaning more than one , and yes he is the perfect choice for the job

#3809 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok you got me on a technicality but for semantics as an example the Arrrhhhg Frenzie mod is done with Several other Acting voices granted many of those were the JJP engineers having some deserved fun but they Were paid.....

I wasn't having a go I was meaning it would have been nice if they had got the rights to use the actors in the game

#4006 5 years ago

It would be great if someone could post a video of removing and re-installing the ship .
It was said that someone from jjp was going to do it but they must be to busy .

#4009 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Zora, you can always edit your post to adjust these things. In this case just move the last html tag called blockquote, along with the leading less than, slash and trailing greater than sign to just before your comment(s).
This is the: < / blockquote >
Without the spaces that I've provided.
Of course you may already know this and just decided to add a second post, if so... ignore this one

While on technical posting tips do you know how to post a link from a YouTube video to here using your phone .

#4025 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I’ve never watched a single movie from POTC. Will I still enjoy this pin? Undecided between POTC or MBr

They've used elements from the movies but it's not like you're playing a story , so I don't think it would make any difference

#4121 5 years ago

An updated tortuga bracket is coming

#4123 5 years ago

Ketchup

#4130 5 years ago

Sorry couldn't help myself

#4132 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok aside from the ketchup and mustard.... What kind of update could be offered other than locktite? Is this something you can share or just a pirate wish?

Just heard it was coming don't know any more than that

#4155 5 years ago

Mr pinball has posted he has received updated tortuga brackets . For everyone not in Australia yours can't be too far away

#4157 5 years ago

I don't know how to do a link from one thread to another , it's on , is Willy Wonka the next jjp thread . Besides saying he's got them , all he says is to reach out to jjp to support

#4480 5 years ago

I enlisted my wife's help for ideas and she used this tool to pull it through. It's a pore cleaner from the beauty isle.
[quoted image]

Every now and then the wife can surprise you with a good idea

#4614 5 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

I love the way mine looks, it has a really cool sheen in different lighting.[quoted image]

I'm glad you love it but I wouldn't , it looks exactly like the cheap plywood we get at work from time to time . Every shooter Lane I have seen is blonde wood with maybe some grain lines . You can see in the picture the layers of plywood aren't the same thickness . Below is a picture of the Pirates shooter Lane compared to a hobbit . I can't believe they used this type of plywood on playfields . Just my thoughts .

IMG20190227180539 (resized).jpgIMG20190227180539 (resized).jpgIMG_20190227_181041 (resized).jpgIMG_20190227_181041 (resized).jpg

#4721 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not to correct you but your comparison is not the same. In POTC JJP by design Milled the shooter lane Parallel to the surface for the creative lane design VS traditional (Most other games as you show) which are machined at an incline angle to the woods surface. All laminated plywood has lamination layers in every grade and would look exactly as shown if machined parallel to said layer.

I could have explained myself better when I said I can't believe they're using this plywood on the playfields I was talking about that one sheet of plywood because of all the colours and the pattern in the Shooter Lane , the next sheet of ply would look totally different , I can't comment on a quality of the ply because I don't know what they're using . I prefer the traditional blonde look in the Shooter Lane but everyone has their own preferences . The only reason I pay attention to it is because I work with it all day everyday . I put the pictures up to compare colours not the shape of the cutouts . At the end of the day it's all good because the customer who got it loves it and that's all that matters .

#4833 5 years ago

Just curious does anyone actually use the compass to see what their best shot is during gameplay

#4885 5 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

just a heads up if it has not been posted:
Pricing cards for pirates
http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/potc/POTC_PRICING_CARDS.pdf

Pricing cards look great .

IMG_20190302_224613 (resized).jpgIMG_20190302_224613 (resized).jpg
#4992 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Does killing Smaug in the Hobbit or saving the Princess in TOTAN really create atmosphere and value outside of the first few times a player accomplishes that?

Killing Smaug never gets old for me . The flippers go dead and you watch the animation and then get to do victory laps . For me it's not easy to do so I find it very satisfying and feel as though I have really achieved something . One of the best pinball moments going around in my opinion .

#4997 5 years ago

Just on a personal note , if the rumours are true and pirates is the last wide-body jjp are going to make I will be very disappointed . ( but I can understand , lots of people complaining about how expensive they are )After owning woz and TH and having a deposit on Pirates 16 months and counting , wide bodies feel the norm to me now .

#5070 5 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Thank you! Tortuga Scoop it is!!

The new tortuga scoop bracket is higher so it will sort that out .

#5073 5 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

@screaminr
Is it the longer one I have? Should I still have it where I put it?
[quoted image]

If you've had your game for more than a few weeks I would assume it's the shorter one ( check with your dealer ) and as far as I know that's where you meant to put that bump

#5373 5 years ago

I can't see what all the fuss about Kaneda is. I had never listened to a Kaneda podcast before , but after hearing about him here I thought I would check it out .
Over the last few days at work I listend to about 20 of his latest podcasts . To me he didn't come across as rude but just gave his reasons why the pin wasn't for him . He did have some facts wrong IE the number of CE'S made and he wasn't across the rules but I don't think that would change anything . Disagreeing with the goat is a bit silly , it's a bit like saying who is the most beautiful girl in the world , everyone will have their own opinion and if YOU think it's the goat then it is . He's obviously passionate about the hobby and if you disagree with him that's alright , its just good to hear discussion about Pinball .

#5407 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Tonight I went to Bishop Cidercade in Dallas. They have a JJPOTC there - in fact it is the first one I played early last December that made me fall in love with the game and buy one. Ok, two.
I am sorry to report this game is now trashed.
- The chest release paddle was entirely missing. Every time you locked a ball in the chest it would roll right out, and you’d get zero credit making movie 2 progress impossible.
- The Depths VUK was jacked with super low power (or some other malady.). The balls would eject, slowly creep and drain out through the I lane.
- 2 spotlights were completely out and the one by the Pearl was pointed directly at the cabinet wall.
- Tortuga scoop was visibly loose and shook with each eject.
Aside from the spots, these are major game-breaking bugs. If I had played this game, I would have written it off out of sheer frustration.
If you’re gonna put a game on location, at least have the decency to keep it up.
I played a bunch of other stuff there tonight also. Several other games had similar major issues. A few were powered off entirely. Dialed In had a monitor sagging almost an inch on the right side. Indiana Jones had a one way drain gate that decided to go two-way. A few of the newer sterns were ok. Played a little Munsters. It doesn’t do much for me at all, but if you like the theme I’d say they did a good job.

What is it with jjp and their spotlights .I've had issues with the two jjp pins I've owned and it looks like the trend is continuing . I brought some spotlights from pinball bulbs for my fish tails and they haven't missed a beat .

#5414 5 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:Brushed Stainless is a big upgrade over powder coat in my book. It is that nice.

I hadn't seen a picture of a production se before the stainless steel does look really good

#5644 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The cause isn't what you think it is. The playfield brackets have bent from the weight of the playfield. We had this problem starting with Hobbit. Lift the playfield and bend the bracket hooks back down slightly and that will raise the auto-launcher up enough to let the shooter rod pass. It's not exclusively a JJP problem. Had it happen last month on Houdini as well after a year on location.

If that is the cause of the problem and the fix to the issue well done . I'm surprised none of the experts have thought of this , as this has been an ongoing problem here for ages .

#5762 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

We created new hooks before POTC because of this issue. Likely just need to adjust the shooter housing down a bit. Pretty sure you could hang a semi from these hooks now and not bend them. You will see if you pull the apron on Pirates vs Hobbit, for example.

Can we buy the new hooks , for example The Hobbit to avoid any future possible problems

#5783 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Unfortunately, no. They would require cutting your apron due to being mounted differently.

No worries . Thanks for the reply .

#5863 5 years ago

It was really refreshing to read on the previous page 8 posts in a row talking about gameplay ,tactics and scoring , not issues and problem solving . Hopefully everyone can get their machines sorted out and this will be the norm going forward .

#5888 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Yeah, there is no way I’d be spending $270 on fancy art blades that eventually get scratched, pinched, or just generally damaged. Even getting the $80 basic art blades + protectors installed is a challenge on this machine. With as tight a fit as the playfield and sides are, there is no way I’d even attempt to install that package.

It would be a nice touch if they recessed an area 2 to 3 mil to allow for mirror blades , side blades or power blades .

#5898 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Looks cool. How would that work with the three skill shots?

I'm guessing you just pull the handle back

#6026 5 years ago

Who would have thought there would be no Flying Monkey on the new woz . oh that's right ....

Quoted from screaminr:

it's going to be a yellow brick road version stripped down no flying monkey

1 week later
#6424 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Yes.... The one with the screw, and all other foam too.
My friend and I even checked the back box to make sure no wires were obstructing.
[quoted image]

Was it hooked in properly before you lifted the Playfield or has it always been like that

#6427 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Yes it was.[quoted image]

Well there has to be something blocking it or being caught on . Have an extra good look at everything make sure the rails are clear and maybe give it a bit of a harder push ?

#6431 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Now that I think of it, when I pulled it up initially at the apron, the joints connected in the apron seemed really snug into the brackets.

My Hobbit sometimes needs an extra push to get that last little bit

#6493 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I did not know that they decided to do away with the 3-part spinning disc and I’m curious if mine will have it.

Quoted from joseph5185:

And I heard there was an issue with the trunk opening and closing. I read a little about it here. Is it just the chest arm or something that may need tweaking?
Thanks!

You have a bit of catching up to do .
Congrats on the CE.

#6615 5 years ago
Quoted from Demwyn:

Sure... Same mylars and same way as attached on my DI LE lockbar

I wish I knew about that my Hobbit Le Lockdown bar used to move and scratched off some of the powder coating . Got it adjusted so it doesn't move anymore but now the lock down lever is super hard to open and close , whereas my fish tales Lockdown bar doesn't move a millimetre and the handle opens and closes smooth as silk .

IMG20190403200234 (resized).jpgIMG20190403200234 (resized).jpg
#6896 5 years ago

These are from the CE thread if anyone missed it , best shooter mod I've seen .

IMG_20190406_024751 (resized).jpgIMG_20190406_024751 (resized).jpgIMG_20190406_024812 (resized).jpgIMG_20190406_024812 (resized).jpgIMG_20190406_024727 (resized).jpgIMG_20190406_024727 (resized).jpgIMG_20190406_024842 (resized).jpgIMG_20190406_024842 (resized).jpgIMG_20190406_024911 (resized).jpgIMG_20190406_024911 (resized).jpg
#7076 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

MGC is in a few days, fingers crossed we hear something about new Pirates code.

I think they've got bigger things to announce at MGC

#7078 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Well yeah lol but they have launched new code at shows in the past. At TPF which is coming up on 3 weeks ago Eric mentioned that Keith had been working on the games final wizard mode and that its coming together well. On the Dead Flip Pirates live stream a month or so back Keith said they are coming up on a 1.0 release so hopefully we may be hearing something soon.

I hear what you're saying but I don't think they will want anything to distract from their next release I think the code update will be announced just via their website and maybe a post in this thread . Just like the big Hobbit code update

#7289 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I wish there was a way to not allow a post without reading the whole thread first.

Yeah it would be so much better if you had to read over 7000 posts before you could ask a question

#7291 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Agree with you and wouldn’t really be feasible for a quick pop up issue.
I try to utilize the search function before asking, sticky’s would help at the top of thread or a dedicated thread as previously mentioned and in the works.
Will this be the first game to require a dedicated fix thread?

I'm surprised you agree with me when you upvoted his post . This is basically a fix it thread with a sprinkling of gameplay talk through it . It would be easier to start up let's talk about pirates gameplay thread . This is by far the best place to come to try to get problems resolved , some issues may come up over and over but for the person posting it is the first time for them .

#7351 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Just funny when you see 70 new posts in a day you think something major happening.

It is really hard work keeping up on this thread

1 week later
#7928 5 years ago

Anyone bored of theirs in Australia and want to sell?

Discovered the wife has plundered the money I had set aside for pirates so I won't be able to get it . So Potc CE number 25 is up for grabs . It's currently on it's way to OZ . The only one available in Australia . OS shipping can be arranged .

#7930 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

When are you eligible for parole?

She did let me buy a WOZRR and a Hobbit LE I was pushing it with a pirates CE. If it had come within 12 to 15 months it would have been cool I think she thought it was never going to come .

#7931 5 years ago

There's no Pinball in prison so I think that helped stop me from doing anything silly

#7935 5 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

I’ve mentioned it before, but it bears repeating, ADD SHAKER EFFECTS FOR BLOWING UP THE DAUNTLESS!
I can’t believe the shaker does nothing when you blow it up.

In the beginning they had a drawing of a ship sinking when you shot the ship , which you would only notice if you knew what to look for , after a bit of nagging they put in a video clip of the ship blowing up . They do listen and will take onboard good ideas . That was the one good thing about having the game develop over a long period people got to give input . My idea for a video mode where you shoot ships through the Canon porthole didn't get up you win some you lose some . Having the shaking motor go off when you shoot the ship is a no brainer you just might have to be persistent so hopefully they will notice it .

#7937 5 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Who and where do you need to nag? I’m game

I just kept asking the jjp team here on Pin side , Darth also helped by asking during their live streams

#7940 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I just called automated, and they're out of LEs. All LEs coming in are spoken for. So my question, now, is how "gimped" is the SE version? I asked over in the dialed in thread, between a Dialed In LE and a Pirates SE, which one to go for. Your thoughts?

No point in listening to any other people's opinion play them both and go with the one YOU like the best

#7943 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Resale value will fall faster than an LE since that's what everyone wants.
LE is missing: Shaker motor, invisiglass, powder coated armor, star map, basic lit topper, spinning pop bumper caps with figure, external knee-level headphone jack, RGB GI.

But with the se you get the cool looking stainless steel armour

#7945 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Meh. Doesn't really match the art package.

To me the black looks meh , I was surprised how good the stainless steel looks . Each to their own

#7949 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's more like a deep brown in real life. Same way the AfMr Martian Green looks meh in pictures but amazing in real life. Photos are not always not great to judge by.

I'll have to take your word for it , I still think the stainless looks great but if you have the money you would go for the LE

#8152 5 years ago

Does anyone use this wax my tech says it's the best .

IMG20170825133454 (resized).jpgIMG20170825133454 (resized).jpg
#8154 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I haven't used that in years. I use P21 now. Wipe on, wipe off, lightly buff with a wool buffing pad on a drill for a nice shine.

Wipe on wipe off Karate Kid style . Haven't heard of P21

#8162 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

As long as kind people are aggregating tips...
I would really love an album of all the constellation book pages, so I can start learning all the star map constellation patterns.
I can recognize a handful of them but not most.

I'm surprised you haven't done it already
Stupid question are the symbols in the manual

#8163 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok intrigued but not sure what side armor is??

I'm guessing laser cut side rails like Batman

#8166 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Bingo - imagine a laser etched cutlass or pistols. Could be pretty slick. Like ghostbusters and Star Wars as well.

Skull and crossbone could look good with pistols

#8168 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Bingo - imagine a laser etched cutlass or pistols. Could be pretty slick. Like ghostbusters and Star Wars as well.

Just read your post properly , cutlasses and skull and crossbones probably be the best and like lighted mods would be great if they were backlit

#8172 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I agree, it would be a must have if made!

I thought a 3D molded octopus with it's head in the middle and it's tentacles the length of the play field which have magnets in it so you could just stick it to the cabinet would be good

#8177 5 years ago

It's second hand now could be scratched or warped wouldn't go more than $500

2 months later
#11091 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

My wonderful wife made a nice frame for my LE certificate that matches the game. I think it looks great.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great , in better condition than my Hobbit certificate that my dog ate in half

IMG20180825154421 (resized).jpgIMG20180825154421 (resized).jpgIMG_20180826_134054 (resized).jpgIMG_20180826_134054 (resized).jpg
3 months later
#12547 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

What problems?! This thread is about little tweaks and future proofing, not major issues

Ha Ha. You forgot the sarcasm emoji

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider screaminr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=screaminr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.