(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 12,674 posts
  • 473 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Rdoyle1978
  • Topic is favorited by 223 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,248 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMAG4041 (resized).jpg
IMAG4040 (resized).jpg
IMAG4043 (resized).jpg
IMAG4042 (resized).jpg
ACF9F2AD-099A-44C8-9352-CD7BA85360C9 (resized).jpeg
9A1C9D29-ACB7-4773-9683-CF88CC55A1C7 (resized).jpeg
7AB58D36-58A0-484E-A049-BFD75D25EC83 (resized).jpeg
31CC6C83-7FFE-46DB-9486-96FFA24E6EC1 (resized).jpeg
AEC799EC-1B4F-4734-8AE0-1CA165834AEC (resized).jpeg
2019-10-14 (resized).jpg
DEAB7C32-C3F9-4E1F-A635-6075853567D7 (resized).jpeg
D138B2B2-FA60-48F9-B4FB-6F0A051EDB19 (resized).jpeg
60417BE8-B52C-4418-B2F0-C56B52284152 (resized).jpeg
2C17611F-B880-4400-8F82-C0E864AF43E8 (resized).jpeg
595E901D-231D-4566-888F-75777840B8D3 (resized).jpeg
Cabinet (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (1 year ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (11 months ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (11 months ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (10 months ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (9 months ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (9 months ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (8 months ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (8 months ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (7 months ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (6 months ago)

Post #6631 Twitch Video - How to Remove and Reinstall Black Pearl Upper Playfield Posted by KevInBuffalo (6 months ago)

Post #6655 Mylar bubble at jjPotC Map hole. Posted by thc666 (6 months ago)

Post #6834 Titan ring sizes Posted by AUKraut (6 months ago)

Post #8145 Positives and Negatives for each character Posted by EaglePin (5 months ago)

Post #8288 Rubber Sizing and Location on Playfield Posted by f3honda4me (5 months ago)

Post #8602 How to see pictures the game has taken Posted by f3honda4me (5 months ago)

Post #8625 Version .99 release notes as of 5/6/2019 Posted by pinball_keefer (5 months ago)

Post #8709 How to backup settings before installing an update Posted by LTG (5 months ago)

Post #9273 Version .99 Character Plus and Minus Benefits Posted by pinball_keefer (5 months ago)

Post #11892 Clear concise video on removing the black pearl Posted by rlslick (61 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rs812.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6646 6 months ago

Can a shaker be added to the SE?

#6675 6 months ago

Wanna talk about QC, opened my NIB yesterday and here are the issues I had right out of the box

1. No tilt bob
2. No CD manual
3. Flipper coils on upper playfield were installed reversed, that is to say the left flipper button fired the right upper playfield flipper and vice versa
4. Left flipper roll pin was barely in and left flipper quit working after about 5 games.

These are not shipping issues. These are sloppy assembly issues. Build date March 1, 2019.

There is no way anyone is testing these things before they leave the factory. If this was tested, there is no way it could have left the factory with such an obvious mistake as number 3 above. One hit of the flippers would have made it apparent.

#6680 6 months ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Tilt bob and cd werent in the coin box?

Nope. Nowhere to be found.

#6682 6 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Absolutely sloppy assembly issues. There may be so many QC issues as some factory workers are following the build process better then others. If that's the case it's up to the factory manager and or a supervisor to make sure games are regularly being put together properly. All games should be play tested as well.

Agreed! I firmly believe my game is proof positive that not all games are tested.

#6685 6 months ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Clearly there is no testing before the games go out. To miss reversed flipper coils? There's no way that game was tested. Just assembled and shoved out the door. I can't believe JJP hasn't fired the jackass that's in charge of QC, with all the problems that's been reported over the last few months.

I thought there was an adjustment like on WOZ and so did Lloyd. No such adjustment. I love this game, but this is piss poor quality control.

#6688 6 months ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

Imagine MY disappointment. I drove 10 minutes to his house and had to wait 5 minutes for him to correct left flipper issue.

And the “knob shiner” even expected it to be on free play

At least he brought pizza

#6690 6 months ago

Wyseguy makes a good point. I was able to fix this stuff. Most normal folks couldn’t. If I had no knowledge of pins and bought this machine, I would never buy another. The flipper issue was not a subtle thing to fix.

#6694 6 months ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

2. The pizzas the only reason he lets me come over!

Pizza is my weakness.

#6696 6 months ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Who are you guys buying from? Your distributor should be taking care of these issues. Call them and ask them to send someone out or take the machine back. That's what a distributor is for.

I live in bumbfuck Ohio. Who would they ever send clear out here?

#6698 6 months ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Yeah, I'd definitely have them send you a new one. Shouldn't be a problem.

Agreed! Definitely send it back. If they start getting returns maybe the QC problem will finally need to be addressed.

#6972 6 months ago

How far behind is cliffy on shipping?

#6989 6 months ago

Agreed! It is the heaviest game i have ever taken in my house.

#7262 6 months ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I don't "own it" just yet.
My LE is still on the assembly line.

Bet u get it soon. I found a CE that apparently just came off the line. Gets here Friday.

#7483 6 months ago
Quoted from Maide:

If/When JJP re-release a new CE-tier of this game, I think there will be a lot of happy new owners in this thread, with me as one of them.
Or maybe a foolish soul will sell me their CE before then. Either or.

Last week pinballs.com had 9 CE’s in stock when I called.

#7499 6 months ago

I talked to Mike at Automated last week and he had 9 CE’s left.

#7523 6 months ago

Ordered! Thanks for the heads up!

#7624 6 months ago

I hope that add some shaker effects for blowing the ship up. Seems wierd there is no effect for this.

#7694 6 months ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm still waiting on my POTC LE.
In the meantime, I bought a playfield. Mirco did a fantastic job!
[quoted image]

Lol! Me too!
978CED0E-76E5-48BB-B6E3-3270BBFCD632 (resized).jpeg

AA267F07-43CD-4081-834D-70B9490F46D2 (resized).jpegAE5EEEC4-AD3A-4820-A268-C829141C0468 (resized).jpeg6059ED44-BC76-46E2-9C9F-ECB681AD75B6 (resized).jpeg
#7700 6 months ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Nice!
Are the CE playfields still available?

Yep! So are the CE plastics and stickers. I figured why not.

Upper playfield is available, too!

#7715 6 months ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Just have a question is there much difference of gameplay between SE vs LE? Someone offer me they’re SE don’t know if the gameplay is the same.

No
Gameplay difference whatsoever!

#7719 6 months ago
Quoted from anathematize:

The StarMap is a pretty big loss and I'm not sure that can be added aftermarket.
In some way I guess that could be considered a loss on a gameplay level but its not the most critical thing to lose.

Can be added if u have an extra starfield board

5v power & cat5 to j109

#7734 6 months ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I do love the CE, way too much money for this guy though
How is the sharpness of DJ on the playfield? Is he 'sharp' or a bit blurred?

Nice and sharp. The pf has lots of cool art that is hidden by the mechs. Kinda neat to see all the detail and care that went into the pf.

#7774 6 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Dialed In started to feel a little same-y after about a month and after 6 months I never really wanted to play it again.

I had DI in my gameroom for a year or so. Was a technological marvel to look at, but it just wasn’t all that fun to play. It has that (for me) tired old Lawlor formula of “shoot the scoop, start a mode,” “upper right flipper for jackpot shot” over and over and over. I see DI described as flowy and a smooth shooting pin. To me, it felt sterile and disconnected from the player. Also had one of those fake upper playfields like RBION. Just somewhere for the ball to roll across on its way to the playfield.

I can play a lawlor and know its a lawlor. I can play a ritchie and know its a ritchie (which i tend to enjoy immensely). POTC is like nothing I have ever played before. It is indescribably good! Perhaps a better word is “incomparably” good.

And “WonkaVoltaire”... lol!

#7824 6 months ago

Pinballs.com claims they should have more LE’s in the next 30 days.

Bite the bullet and buy a CE. You won’t regret it!

#7826 6 months ago

The whole stainless steel siderails being a downgrade has always confused me. I do alot of metalworking and the cost of stainless is about 4-5 times the cost of cold rolled steel. Plus, powdercoating is cheap and dead simple. The cost of tooling for forming stainless is much more expensive, too.

#7840 6 months ago

I was playing liars dice and the stakes were “19 souls.” Of course, I lost. Anyone see this before?

#7844 6 months ago

Themodcouple.com

Absolute best mods for this game!

#7849 6 months ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I MAY have lied...
That hanging noose / parrot mode also looks pretty sweet. Like it belongs!!
Haha!

Jack the monkey is awesome, too!

#7852 6 months ago

The disc Silencer is an absolute must have!

#7855 6 months ago

Its not hard to install and the included instructions are excellent. It makes the disc nearly silent. Plus, I noticed it makes the disc much more effective at catching and throwing the ball around. The redesigned gear takes up the slack and sloppiness of the original gear. Also, the kit includes a means to effectivley level the disc with the palyfield.

#7874 6 months ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I hope the gap in production doesn't mean new slew of run specific problems

From what I can gather, they ran out of parts.

#7877 6 months ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I get that, but when you take a two month break from doing a game I feel like lessons learned are lost. I come from a background in manufacturing and this is true for us with the production workers

Ok then. I’ll keep the other info to myself then.

#7888 6 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I love my game's mods from Mod Couple, but FWIW: the silencer kit, unfortunately, has not improved the noisiness of my spinning disk.

Made mine nearly silent. You may want to check the clearance gap btw the new gear and the disc gearing. Before, mine was a clackety mess. Now it is a very quiet whirring hum.

#7889 6 months ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Here is that photo you requested showing the washers:[quoted image]

Did it come from the factory like this? What is the manufacture date? Mine is 12/21/18 and it doesn’t have these.

#7899 6 months ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Yea...I DEF did not do this.. haha
12/27/18

That’s strange! I had an SE with an 03/01/19 manufacturing date and it didn’t have these.

#7900 6 months ago

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/66-MSC

What are your thoughts on one of these round mylars under each post?

#7933 6 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Nothing really new. At TPF Eric said that Keith was working on the games final wizard mode and it was coming along nicely. At MGC a few weeks later Eric said that Keith was still working on the code. Someone on here also mentioned that David Thiel was still doing some sound work for the game based on a comment he heard at MGC. Also read on here that Keith on a recent Buffalo Pinball stream (not sure which one) said that he may have to do another update before the 1.x update.
It's been 4 months since the last update so hoping for a lot of good things with the next code release

I’ve mentioned it before, but it bears repeating, ADD SHAKER EFFECTS FOR BLOWING UP THE DAUNTLESS!

I can’t believe the shaker does nothing when you blow it up.

#7936 6 months ago

Who and where do you need to nag? I’m game

#7950 6 months ago
Quoted from Av8:

Looking for PoTCLE for my birthday. Does anyone have any leads? Thanks.

Pinballs.com website says they have a few left

http://pinballs.com/

#7972 6 months ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I mentioned in a prior post that for those who have the Mod Couple Cannon mod and are considering installing the Cannon Shield, you'll need to remove and reinstall the Cannon mod so that it clears the shield. Honestly, I never had any problem with balls going under the ship so I'm not sure why I even installed the shield. It's rather overpriced considering it's nothing more than a flimsy piece of plastic. But whatever. Here's a pic. Notice how the "wooden" door no longer touches the side of the ship (mini playfield).
[quoted image]

Why not trim back the shield?

#7979 6 months ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Is your wife single?

Lol!

#7989 6 months ago
Quoted from Av8:

You think its a softer playfield? Looks like the post was loose and moved. Smaller metal washer usually works great. I thought these playfields had special clear.

I wondered if the clear on the CE is different. I had an SE that dimpled very quickly. The CE I bought has hardly dimpled at all.

#7992 6 months ago

Spooky has the same issues with the star posts on TNA

#7993 6 months ago

Mine is a CE and is dimpled and cracked quite a bit.

For some reason I thought u had an LE.

#7995 6 months ago

The post appear to be about 5/16” diameter. Thoughts on these washers?

amazon.com link »

#7996 6 months ago
Quoted from rs812:

The post appear to be about 5/16” diameter. Thoughts on these washers?
amazon.com link »

They look to be around 1/32” thick.

#8010 6 months ago
Quoted from Av8:

You had both? I think its important to let the playfield dryout IE sit for a month, but thats hard to do. I had an ACDC Pro that I played the hell out of and had NO dimps. Its just luck.

Yeah! Lol. I bought an SE and liked it so much I upgraded to a CE. That damn black pearl topper was irresistible

#8013 6 months ago
Quoted from Av8:

What is your view on the SE vs LE? Did you like the Stainless trim? Does the RGB GI add alot? Star map etc.
Do you think the SE is still a good value at 8500?

I think the stainless looks great! The rgb gi is not that big of a deal. It is only the lights around the sling area and a few up top. All of the insert lighting on the SE is still rgb and that is where it really counts for gameplay. The star map is neat to look at, but I still haven’t figured out how to read it. I rank it up there with the spinny guy and the rock sculpture. And the LE topper is nothing special. Definitely unnecessary and you won’t even know they are missing. The only thing on the SE that I would miss from the LE is the shaker, and that is easily added! The gameplay is exactly the same across the board. I would have no hesitation in ordering an SE.
In fact, if I wasn’t out of my ever living mind, I would have just kept my SE. but that CE topper and the barnacles...uggg...there goes an extra $4k

#8035 6 months ago

#8094 5 months ago

I think I talked to the guy (I think he's on here) and that's basically what he told me. I can see this happening, some people just don't play a lot and buy the machines because they like them. Sounded on the up and up. I am half tempted to get it and sell the more used one I just got.

I would go for it too!

#8117 5 months ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I wouldn't trust automated with $10k in cash, i'll barely even consider buying parts from them. Shifty sales tatics on used parts.
My point is that they probably don't have LE's.

Wow! Quite an allegation. Mike is a good guy. Always answers his personal published cell phone number, even on evenings and weekends. I’ve bought several NIB games from other distributors. He is the only distributor I would ever buy from again. Unlike most “middle men” distributors I have dealt with in the past, Mike actually stocks the games he sells and ships them from his facility. No prepay, false promise, drop-ship, full of excuses, no updates, bullshit.

#8120 5 months ago
Quoted from lordloss:

They have a habit of listing parts for sale, then when you ask for more info... They raise the price.

Understood. Never dealt with him on used stuff. Too bad if they do that.

#8186 5 months ago

I bought an extra CE playfield. It has no blue stamp. My assembled CE has the blue stamp.

#8197 5 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It's second hand now could be scratched or warped wouldn't go more than $500

Are you being serious?

#8222 5 months ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

rs812 ‘s kids have a specific code. They plunder all my points, then balls, then laugh at my score.

U know what you r but the moderators said I can’t call u that any longer

#8231 5 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

Has anyone on here installed plastic protectors? The black plastic post nubbies don't seem to fit inside the thicker protectors.
Given people are showing sling damage, I'd rather install these since I bought them, than not.

I would like to, but I haven’t found a set that is made correctly. Pinbits makes the best ones I have used, but they do not have a set for JJPOTC. I ordered the set from Mezelmods, but wasn’t impressed. They were too thick and poorly/roughly cut on the edges. I ended up giving them away.

Thus far I have just used the petg washers on the corners of the slings.

1 week later
#8478 5 months ago

a

#8540 5 months ago
Quoted from lexi:

I have taken a photo of the inside label for CE number 030, with a manufacture date of 8th January 2019. I have not looked at the blue marker as I am not sure what else that would add?[quoted image]

Yours is the 197th CE built. The blue stamped number is the overall sequence number for all models combined.

#8542 5 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

But are the serial number stickers reliable indicators of actual order?

Yes, but only within each model. My guess as to how these are numbered was unofficially verified.

#8544 5 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

But are the serial number stickers reliable indicators of actual order?
The one we have is blue "combined" PF number 794, serial number 514.

794 overall. If you have an LE, it would be serial numbered 08731514 to be the 514th LE in the run, 794th overall counting all models.

08731 = LE
08732 = SE
08733= CE

Next three digits = sequence within each model

#8546 5 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

If that's the case (and they made 3 more to hit the CE limit), that means that as of 2/11/19, they had only made 83 SE units.

Correct. Very few SE’s were made. Number 97 was made in first week of March. Highest SE number I have personally seen is 115 (08732115)

#8549 5 months ago
Quoted from lexi:

Now that is very interesting, the scenario that CE's built don't follow a build number. So 030 is the 197th built.
I get that from a factory perspective if thousands of pins are being created in a production environment.
Interesting.

Correct. Plaque means nothing as to sequence built. Totally random and in no way cumulative. You could have LE 999 but that doesn’t mean that many were built.

#8552 5 months ago
Quoted from lexi:

So people can predict the future now?
Interesting.
I predict that the 200 POTC CE will be sold out so limit (no caps) will be the actual made (er no caps again)...........
And, short of asking again can anyone tell me the actual LE numbers for POTC?

LE’s have no set limit. CE capped at 200 max
“LE” in JJ parlance is a misnomer. Think of it as Sterns premium

#8554 5 months ago
Quoted from lexi:

Thank you for this, I think it is good information for LE owners to know this as a statement of fact.

This is true for potc. With Wonka they limited it to 5000 LE’s, but that is hardly a limitation. More like a pipe dream.

#8559 5 months ago

I think people want to know how "limited" their game is, how that limited issue will affect future sales down the road, etc.

The irony is that the “Limited Edition” is the least limited.

#8633 5 months ago

Darn! No shaker effect for sinking the dauntless. Maybe next update

#8915 5 months ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

Yes my order is showing up Friday. POTC Black Pearl Mini Playfield Quantity: 1, POTC Assembly Decal Set Quantity: 1, POTC Printed Playfield Assy, CE Quantity: 1, POTC Printed Plastics Set CE Quantity: 1, POTC Playfield Decal Sheet CE Quantity: 2, POTC Printed Plastics Set LE Quantity: 1. So now I can play it like I stole it and just clean and wax but keep the play field the way it should be.

Lol! I ordered the same parts, too! Looks like the CE playfields are all gone now.

1 week later
#9288 5 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

I've been meaning to ask about that. I have it as an orange light. Same spot.

Here is a pic of the board from the manual. The led in the corner is an indicator light. Green =ok. Red = bad fuse. You may want to contact JJP if it is red.

163AD844-737F-46EA-8519-6757C497E4FA (resized).png

#9290 5 months ago

Uh... what if it is white?

Lol. Not sure.

2 weeks later
#9742 4 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Some lighting enhancement mods from us...I'd guess a backboard light would be good on the SE since there is no star map.
https://lermods.com/t/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp-pinball-mods

Do you have a picture of the backglass lighting kit installed? I purchased one from you, but can’t figure out how to install it without it greatly affecting the high score picture quality.

#9888 4 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Funny how everyone wants this guys approval. I actually watched all of SDTM reveal and review of this game. Was entranced and it was a huge factor in me getting this game. I believed from their videos that this was the best pinball had to offer. Then a few episodes later they brush Pirates aside as being too complicated with its code. This was a few weeks after they praised how great it was. So go figure. Reviewers opinions change so quickly. They must be writing it down on water.

I have based my collection on doing the exact opposite of what SDTM recommends.

#9892 4 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Pirates blows BM66 away I have a BM66 and I love it but really no comparison..
BM66 SLE is the biggest waste of cash. The Premium is the same game for half the price.

100% agree! Have both in my collection and potc is on another level.

#9909 4 months ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

To each their own, but you do own a Star Wars Prem/LE which I continue to praise for being one of stern's best ever made, as well as a few others in your collection that we love.

Did you do a follow up on SW Prem? The only one I have seen is where you trashed it relentlessly.

#9911 4 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

he did - I'm sure Zach will respond but I believe it's one of his fav now.

I will have to check for it. I also recall one where BM66 was beat up pretty bad, too.

3 weeks later
#10973 3 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I mean this respectfully, but I believe etiquette is that instead of posting in the club thread every time you create another mod to sell, you create a thread in the mods forum for the specific game and there you post all your mods. Occasional is one thing, but posts about every new thing feels like reading a for sale thread instead of club owners thread.

Didn’t you sell your JJPOTC?

#10974 3 months ago

If others feel the same way I'm happy to stop posting. I figured no other better place to ask input then on game specific threads. It's how other club threads work that I am participating in.

Keep up the good work Harry! I, for one, appreciate all you are doing for this great game and the hobby.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 239.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Redmond, WA
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rs812.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside