(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (5 years ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (5 years ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (5 years ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (5 years ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (5 years ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (5 years ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roddog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1279 5 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

Yup, going shopping tonight because I have to get it out again to fix my fix.

I just bought a POTC the other day. It should be shipping out next week. I should probably pick up some specific tools before it is delivered. What size allen wrench for this job? Any other suggestions? I have a some pins already so I have some standard tools. Nothing special though.

#1283 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

5/16ths in case you are curious.
LTG : )

I was referring to the size of the "10 inch long allen head T handle wrench" in the case of the Black Pearl getting wonky.

Thanks!

#1284 5 years ago
Quoted from Jireteg:

A few days in playing this game and I now love it, For me I needed to get into the game play and all the possibilities before I could fully appreciate it
Of course with this deep rules, there is a lot that is unknown, can someone tell me what the skull symbol in the chapter box is for (where the X for a started chapter and a V for a completed is also shown) ?
ltg

I believe that means a chapter is qualified (I've been watching a lot of streams of this game in anticipation).

1 week later
#1551 5 years ago

Delivered today! The dang FedEx driver didnt have a lift. But we managed

56591224618__DCB9B30C-D916-4286-8271-51067137B6A9 (resized).JPG56591224618__DCB9B30C-D916-4286-8271-51067137B6A9 (resized).JPGFg8CGhExTwKs1Cp44dnELg (resized).jpgFg8CGhExTwKs1Cp44dnELg (resized).jpgacESbswFQKG15tbZ775uuA (resized).jpgacESbswFQKG15tbZ775uuA (resized).jpg
#1564 5 years ago

So we backed a pickup truck to the fed ex door and dollied from fed ex to the pickup. Then we unboxed from the pickup and went from there.

1 week later
#1854 5 years ago

Hey folks,

The gate leading from the black pearl to the cannon does not seem to stay up when it should (after the fuse is lit). Has anybody else encountered this?

There are no alerts and the coil moves the gate a little bit in a test. However, the dang thing wont stay up. Thanks!

#1856 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

There are several posts on this and how to adjust it in this thread.

I tried searching for "black pearl gate" and nothing came up. Maybe "gate" is not the technical term.

#1918 5 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

Hey folks,
The gate leading from the black pearl to the cannon does not seem to stay up when it should (after the fuse is lit). Has anybody else encountered this?
There are no alerts and the coil moves the gate a little bit in a test. However, the dang thing wont stay up. Thanks!

So I was able to fix this tonight (patting myself on the back cause I get stoked when I can fix something myself!). The left leaf switch in the chapter start shot was engaging with a flipper hit, which would close the gate due to the software. Loosened the switch and it is working fine. Yay!

The playfield is a pain to put back into the cabinet. Are all the playfields this tight? IM and TNA go in so much easier.

1 more quick question. I noticed the post in the chapter start shot is retracting slowly sometimes. Is this normal? Is there an easy fix for this? Thanks again all!

#2013 5 years ago

Loving the game so much. Playing it every day I'm not in a tourney. Also fixing all the little issues. Had to bend the chapter start post, and a leaf switch. Still encountering 2 issues:

- During multiball, balls tend to get stuck in the highway (is that what they call it? sounds wrong but you know what I'm talking about) and only come out during a ball search.
- The dang playfield is so tight. Every time I put the playfield up, I have a heck of a time getting it back inside the box. What am I doing wrong? My other pins are not like this.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

#2039 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Did you remove the shipping block behind the playfield?

hahaha nope that thing seemed intentional since it was stuck on there. ill remove it. thanks!

#2042 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Look back a few pages, there is a fix for this. The subway plastic is a touch to wide and the ball gets caught at the entrance to the depths vuk. He had a easy fix for it.

Hmm. I saw LTG suggested adjusting the plunger at the depths VUK. However, I do not believe the plunger is an issue. Another suggestion was buying a shim to fix magnetization. I did not see anything about the subway being too wide.

#2081 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

the metal wireform in the shooter lane is deformed and preventing proper shooter operation. Not sure how to fix this one.

Looking at the video frame-by-frame, it looks like the plunger is hitting the auto-plunger, which is bending the wireform. I moved my plunger just today to prevent this. Maybe that will help? It is worth a shot since it is just 3 ezpz screws.

...but thinking about it, then the auto-plunging would not work.

2 weeks later
#2578 5 years ago

Has anyone figured out how the heck the "Spot Character" standup gets lit? Besides from picking the Spot Character dude?

1 week later
#2928 5 years ago

Quick question. Do your balls get wedged in-between the left band and the center post of the "star map" area about half the time you start a chapter? Mine do! It does not seem to affect gameplay since a random, qualified chapter is started regardless. However, it is annoying. It looks like the center post is way off-center.

#2930 5 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

I eventually dismounted it from the bottom and installed 2 small washers under the left 2 bolts. This actually points the post a bit to the left, which is perfect. It still has smooth action.

Oh interesting. So the center post pops up at a left angle? Kooky! Thanks for the advice!

2 months later
#6574 5 years ago

I finally installed a map cliffy last night. What a pain that was. There were 2 cliffys for the map. Was the 2nd, smaller one supposed to also be installed from the top? I assumed it was installed from under the playfield. But it also seems like a pain to get into. And those arent standard screws. Or did I mess up bigtime and was supposed to stack the 2 cliffys? Will probably leave that one uninstalled. STILL LOVIN' THE GAME THO!

#6578 5 years ago

haha yep i messed up by not stacking them. oh well! gonna leave it this way.

Also thanks for sharing. Maybe I can get those 2 screws out without removing the ship...

1 week later
#7344 5 years ago

Does anybody know if it is possible to buy a black pearl ramp? I cracked mine by fastening it in to tight I guess. A screw on the slingshot below was touching the ramp and it made a small crack in it. So don't do that!

2 months later
#10682 4 years ago

Haven't posted in here in a while. Still loving this game after about a half year.

BUT I got a quick question that I couldn't find an answer to when searching this topic.

Anybody having issues with the Fountain of Youth opto not registering for like 30 percent of the shots? It can be pretty frustrating.
If so, what are the solutions?

Thanks all!

#10792 4 years ago

Tonight my buddy was over and he had over 120ish gold ready to be collected. Once he started wailing on the action button, the game reset. It was pretty funny but also a little concerning. Has anyone seen this happen?

2 months later
#12057 4 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

Tonight my buddy was over and he had over 120ish gold ready to be collected. Once he started wailing on the action button, the game reset. It was pretty funny but also a little concerning. Has anyone seen this happen?

So this happened again the other day while collecting gold. I ensured everything was plugged in tight to the mother board in the backbox. Has this happened to anyone else?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roddog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=roddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.