(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 hours ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (5 years ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (5 years ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (5 years ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (5 years ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (5 years ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (5 years ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ramjet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#250 5 years ago

Has anybody heard anything about adding/expanding the lightshow and audio when firing at the ship and then sinking the ship?
The new movie clips help but I think just firing and hitting the ship should result in much better audio and greater light show and then sinking the ship should really be something "special"

4 weeks later
#542 5 years ago

I'm thinking about getting a POTC but I want to make sure I get the most recent build. Can you guys tell me what has been fixed from the first games that were shipped? I believe the ball getting stuck on the right ramp transition is something that has been fixed, has there been any other corrections that have been made recently or more importantly . . .any fixes that are coming soon or should be made?

Thanks

#581 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I just got mine in the game room. Heads up try to put the leg bolts in first and make sure they thread in .I also had one, back right. that would not go in due to the grounding braid being in the way, I tried to poke it out of the way with a screw driver but that didn't work. I was frantically trying to clear the hole while my buddy was holding it up.. I had to run a tap through it before it would screw in.
I also see the spinning disc is not centered in the hole or level.(as someone else mentioned ). that's all the time I had for now.

More leg problems and the spinning disc not centered on another game.
I certainly hope that JJP is made aware of these problems and are working on correcting them?

#617 5 years ago

Wow, there seems to be a lot of problems right out of the box. I had my check ready to mail out to my distributor yesterday but I didn't. Unfortunately I'm going to wait until they get a handle on all these issues on the assembly line.

#683 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The compare list doesn't say anything about a printed manual for any model.
http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/potc/POTC-Matrix-New.pdf
Download the one on the website, and check for updates to it.
LTG : )

Printed manual for the Collector's Edition

#684 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

All pins need tweaking out of the box from my experience..... especially pins with so much on the playfield like jjp makes.

Not like this game. I've bought all three JJP games NIB and never had problems like people are seeing on POTC

1 month later
#2572 5 years ago

Does anybody know if the cannon shooting lane/guide "underneath" the Black Pearl is adjustable? It is not lined up correctly at all on my game, it is pointing too far to the right so you are never able to sink a ship because it hits the right side of the hole on the other ship even when you have fired the cannon at the right time (up/down).

Thanks

#2602 5 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

Does anybody know if the cannon shooting lane/guide "underneath" the Black Pearl is adjustable? It is not lined up correctly at all on my game, it is pointing too far to the right so you are never able to sink a ship because it hits the right side of the hole on the other ship even when you have fired the cannon at the right time (up/down).
Thanks

Still looking for an answer on this, is anyone experiencing the same thing?

Thanks in advance

#2614 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok I am Hoping this can help you trouble shoot to verify if the issue is mechanical. I am using house hold MacGyver props to illustrate. Fold up a piece of paper 8 1/2" wide into a 1" strip. Fit it into the cannon tray and see if there is a true alignment issue. Note that the Dauntless Can slide front to back on its pivot pin so make sure to check this with the ship front And back! My personal game works fine though it does favor the Rear of the ship hole (sounds dirty) entrance. I suspect this is because of the added variable of the game tilt and ball trajectory? IF your measurements look Way off from what I show the only simple solution I can recommend is to simply add 1-2 washers between the Large Nylon spacer and metal plate on the bottom side of the game. (shown) This should keep the Dauntless at least a 1/4" further back. Hope some of this makes sense and helps others fine tune this ship.

Thanks Yelobird,
I did something similar last night, I had two thin pieces of wood and put them in the cannon tray , my alignment is worse than yours, further to the right of the Dauntless.

Eric/Lloyd: Is the cannon shooting tray under the Black Pearl adjustable?

#2623 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Really seems odd that the cannon is the culprit for alignment.
You 100% sure it’s not the dauntless that is out of alignment like mine was? Mine were bricking off the side to the lower right of the target hole

I'll check it again when I get home tonight

#2627 5 years ago

Here is a picture of mine, the ball always hits to the right of the hole. I checked the Dauntless and it moves freely back and forth. There isn't any room to add a washer or two to the spacer on the Dauntless, it's very tight.

P1010136 (resized).JPGP1010136 (resized).JPG
#2631 5 years ago

The picture is deceiving, the wood in the picture is inside the shooting housing of the Black Pearl on the other end so it's the right side of the wood in the picture is where it hits the right side of the hole, it's more than 1/4 inch off

#2632 5 years ago

Hogbog, here are some pictures, let me know if you need any others. FYI: The metal piece in the shooting housing is something I'm trying as a temporary fix

P1010138 (resized).JPGP1010138 (resized).JPGP1010139 (resized).JPGP1010139 (resized).JPGP1010141 (resized).JPGP1010141 (resized).JPGP1010143 (resized).JPGP1010143 (resized).JPG
#2634 5 years ago

I've asked that question about adjusting the cannon direction twice but I have yet to get an answer, hopefully it can be done or there is another solution.

#2697 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Post some pics of your Pearl as well, or pm them to me. Something seems off.

Hogbog, were you able to see anything in my pictures?

2 weeks later
#3060 5 years ago

Since the bracket for the topper on the LE version is not centered correctly, has anybody tried moving it? How is it attached?

2 weeks later
#3468 5 years ago

I have a set of the Plastic Protectors from Mezel mods for sale that I decided not to use. I took the protective plastic off them but they have not been used. They go $40 plus shipping from Mezel Mods. These are $34 shipped. I will package them up so that they will not get scratched.
PM for paypal address

https://mezelmods.com/collections/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp/products/pirates-of-the-caribbean-pinball-plastic-protector-set-jjp

P1010176 (resized).JPGP1010176 (resized).JPG

Added over 5 years ago:

Sold

1 month later
#5626 5 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

So I spent the night loading the cannon and firing it, the shots are hitting the right side of the hole and not going in. Want does everyone think? Is it the pearl that’s out of alignment of the dauntless?

I have had the same problem from day one so I submitted a support ticket about this on January 14th and have heard absolutely nothing back from JJP!
I would imagine that other people have the same problem but probably think they are not timing their shot correctly and don't realize that the two ships are not aligned like they should be. I'm hoping more people start bringing this to JJP's attention so that it can be addressed with some type of fix.

#5710 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

So I finally got to this tonight. The cannon rail is only held in by 4 screws. There isn’t much play in it but enough to unscrew a little, twist the right direction (toward my thumb in the pic) and tighten back down. This was enough for me to realign and get a center shot repeatedly.
It is the 4 screws by the u channel, not the 4 nuts. Unfortunately in the pic my cannon mod covers the other side screws.
[quoted image]

Thanks for the advice VillaThrills but I actually tried that last weekend and was not able to move if far enough where it made any difference.
I cut and taped a piece of sheet metal to the inside of the cannon shooting lane as temporary fix to guide the ball towards the hole but we need is JJP to address the problem and provide a solution.

1 week later
#6344 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ahoy pirate skallywags and rum lovers. A minor public announcement for those ailing from Dauntless aiming issues. This repair tip came from pirates wiser then I but works perfectly if your issue persists. Very simple to do and permanent. The Dauntless as shown is mounted with 2 standard 8x32 x1 1/2” standoffs. Replacing this 2 standoffs with 1 1/4” standoffs brings the ship to port in perfect firing alignment. I will provide a link to McMaster though I am Certain these can be found at Pinball Life, Marco and even Ace hardware last I checked. Took 5 minutes to swap and we be sinking that bloody ship every time now!
Hex stand off McMaster:
https://www.mcmaster.com/91920a252
Pinball life has them in 1 1/8” which would work fine possibly needing a washer:
https://www.pinballlife.com/metal-hex-spacers-1-18-to-3-116-8-32-thread-femalefemale.html[quoted image]

Thanks for the heads up on this fix Yelobird.
I can't believe that JJP has not addressed this? I brought this up multiple times to JJP as far back as January 14th and have heard absolutely nothing! This is a big part of the game and needs to be addressed. They will answer you very quickly if a part needs replacing but when it comes to major issues like this, they are silent. I've purchased all four of their games and would really think twice about getting another one in the future.

1 year later
#15883 3 years ago

Machine - Wanted
Wanted! - “Looking for a JJP POTC. I'm in Northern Virginia”
2020-12-29
Vienna, VA
Wanted
Archived after: 56 days
Viewed: 635 times

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ramjet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=ramjet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.