(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (5 years ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (5 years ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (5 years ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (5 years ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (5 years ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (5 years ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider psw757.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

432 posts in this topic match your search for posts by psw757. You are on page 1 of 2.
#44 6 years ago

The standard doesn't list moulded toys, anyone know how they compare to the LE and Ce toys?

Is the topper interactive and will it be sold as an accessory for the LE and SE?

Did I read somewhere they didn't get the license for the theme music?

11 months later
#149 5 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

I got to one so far (off stream) -- On Stranger Tides. Didn't make much progress in it but I can try to get back there again.

What was the objective and was there any unique video/music content?

#165 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Look at all of these Homeowner pics.. WOW!! Please stop.. To many being posted. Just kidding but lets get real. Where are the homeowner games???? I keep seeing people getting them on FB but its not homeowners.. I thought someone said like 3 weeks ago homeowners are getting theirs the following week. I need someone close too me to get this pin so i can play it now.

Man, don’t get me started...I’m almost to the point where I don’t want it anymore.

Beyond ridiculous at this point.

#169 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

I’m a day-1 preorder and was told late October or November now, but that was just a guess. I was told they’re currently doing a big overseas run and then they are going to start on US runs in October and beyond. My distributor informed me that ‘JJP still haven't fulfilled day 1 orders from October 2017 as they have barely started shipping as yet except for distributor show games and some locations for the most part FYI’.

This is not what I was told by my distributor.
That shipment was like 4 weeks ago for the overseas people.

#175 5 years ago

Anyone care to enlighten us on what the mfg issues are and what corrections are being made? I've heard this from multiple sources now.

#177 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Its Possible your distributor is just telling you what you want to hear as he has no other answers to continue giving you.... When these begin to roll I am certain we will all know about it in short order. I think at times we forget that Nobody wants these to ship more than the OEM.

I haven't talked to my distro in almost 2 weeks. I heard this second hand from other distro.

Edit - forgot to add that I believe someone else mentioned this in the production thread a few days ago as well.

#179 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok? You did state "what I was told by My distributor" regardless, the overseas statement as well as anything else we come up with is simply a Rumor at this point. The only fact will be when games are shown arriving which as I said Nobody wants to happen more the JJP and team. If they want to make it perfect I see no issue with that or any reason to complain. I'm paid in full and when this amazing machine is done I will slide it in and enjoy it then.

Dude - not sure what the attitude is about but I had that conversation back in August and has nothing to do with the question asked.

Am I missing something here? I didn't ask anything about where the games are.

#181 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

ok I think your taking it a bit to serious. You made the statement 7 Hours ago so I simply replied to it. Nuff said. We ALL want our games and I am certain they will be here. Just trying to answer your questions about MFG issues (30 minutes ago). We are all in the same waiting line just passing the time nothing personal.......

It's all good!..I was referring to the slow boat to China comment..pretty sure that left port several weeks ago.

My question was in reference to post #171(delays to update build specs comment). I've heard this elsewhere as well.

Sorry for the confusion.....back to my beer! And waiting...lol!

#187 5 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

the other guy got his sinking ship animation, you may be on to something...

You can’t deny that the sinking ship animation adds to the effect of that shot.

#207 5 years ago

I think it's pretty cool but it would have been cool to hear a Davey Jones Sound sound a like while playing liars dice.

#209 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

The choreography isn't complete yet, but it's functional so I wanted to get it out there. No chance on DJ though.

Thanks for showing it...I do like it!

#242 5 years ago

Highlighted the game where I got to Curse of the Black Pearl wizard mode:

What happens at the end? It’s says port defeated and video cuts out.

#252 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It would be nice that right when you hit the fire button, you hear a big cannon blast. Followed by one of two sounds > you hit, get big loud explosion. You miss, you get the sound of water plop. Or something like that.

Hard to tell in the live streams but is there no explosion audio on a direct hit or any shaker integration on a hit?

#258 5 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

Please,
There are two outcomes to firing the cannon. A hit, or a bullseye. Not too long ago JP added videos for each outcome. There are big and huge audio outcomes for each. These are the LOUDEST sounds in the game. All of the JJP streams only incidentally capture game audio from the mike so the real experience obtained by standing in front of a pin after blowing up the ship is not available.
The explosions are big, the orchestra goes nuts and it is very rewarding. It used not to be, it is now.
This event happens when the ball is wild and it is as big as it can be without nerfing your ability to continue playing.
There is considerable low frequency content in these fanfares and those with subs attached will notice it.
ddt

Not sure why you called me out on this as I’m not the one who made the assertion there wasn’t any sound of effects.

I merely asked if there was or wasn’t as I’m still waiting for my machine. Hard to tell watching on a twitch stream and yes the video content is great.

Does the shaker go off on a direct hit?

#275 5 years ago

You really need to play them. DI is a game that I don't like playing.

#316 5 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Here's an OCD pro tip: I think it's wise to add some mylar/vinyl to the chapter start cove area. The ball in that area is dragged back and forth several times each game when it's shot up there, and it's a small, tight area. I'm guessing over heavy usage it will start to wear.

So there is no factory protection in that area?

#318 5 years ago

How much of the area needs Mylar in your opinion?

#329 5 years ago

Did I read somewhere that if you get all the multiballs going that there is something that happens with a mode or special effect?

#331 5 years ago

Has anyone accomplished this yet?

#334 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

For someone who watches JJPOTC like a hawk, you sure do miss a lot
Check out buffalos stream.

Yeah - it’s called I have kids and don’t have the ability sit and stare at the screen uninterrupted so I likely missed it.

#338 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Joe Katz just got it again on the JJPLive stream just as we were typing, so you can see it there as well.

Thanks

#346 5 years ago

Thanks for posting that! Helps a hack like me!

2 weeks later
#422 5 years ago

Just walked in the door from our 10 day trip at Disney and look what was waiting in garage for me!

Woohoo! shiver me timbers!

AA017EEF-BC46-4111-A1F6-04723EE10D43 (resized).jpegAA017EEF-BC46-4111-A1F6-04723EE10D43 (resized).jpeg

#444 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Congrats for sure! Excited to hear your thoughts.

I’ll be setting it up today, I’ll post some pics and thoughts.

#446 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

WHAT? I can't believe you waited, after all your hubbub!
Mickey must have really wore you out!

Shit, I was bushwhacked after driving our 40ft motorhome for 12 hours Friday and another 6 yesterday in the relentless winds and heavy rains up the whole east coast!

Wasn’t even anxious yesterday because I was so tired. All good today! Arghhh!

#451 5 years ago

Holy crap is this thing heavy!

Got it into my house from garage and need more manpower to get it in the basement.

I think it might be heavier than my Williams Indy.

#454 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Yep my legs are still burning from getting down the stairs!!!

On a beer break now... if there is a will there is a way! Lol

If I don’t post again today, I was crushed!

#458 5 years ago

Well, I got it down the basement to find a bad leg bolt and bracket and led lights for topper just barely attached to the channel topper sits it.

Anyone who installed the topper can explain how to install it simply?

I’m quite frustrated about the leg bolt!

#461 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

I also have one leg bolt that won't screw in. Planning on retapping the threads sometime later this week.

I tried all 7 bolts on that left front top hole and none worked. The one bolt that caught initially, it took the first two threads right off the bolt.

#463 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Rethread the leg plate.
LTG : )

Haven’t had to do that before, what do I need tool wise?

#464 5 years ago

Anyone able to tell me what the trick to installing the topper?

#467 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Same here. Gotta do what Lloyd suggested and bust out the tap & die set. [quoted image]

Great don’t have that tool set.

Love what 10k buys me!

#473 5 years ago

Found where all the loose hardware laying in cabinet goes with exception of a thumb setscrew.

#474 5 years ago

On another note while I have it all opened up.

Should the spinner disc be perfectly level to PF? Mine seems ever so slightly raised.

#479 5 years ago

Finally got the errors to clear and play a game.

Right mini pf flipper needs to be adjusted, after the first flip it got stuck in up position. Is this adjustable without removing the ship? Just needs to be tightened.

Also, Was able to lower the center disc to be flush with pf however there seems to be some up and down slop when pf is lifted causing the spinner to be slightly above pf but when pf is lowered gravity puts it back in place. Does the center screw do anything to tighten this up? Doesn’t seem to tighten or loosen when I turn it.

Thanks for all the help, beautiful game and don’t want to mess it up!

#486 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Don’t remove the ship Not necessary. On the Back of the Playfield behind the ship is a flat arm plate, nylon washer, and 2 socket head screws. Loosen the screws as the plate is Slotted and adjust ship tilt. As for the disk. Yes there is slop up and down just adjust level and only play with the Playfield Down lol. I had mine out to adjust gear mess noise very easy. [quoted image]

When you say adjust ship tilt, I’m assuming this will allow me to tilt it left to get to the bottom of right flipper?

Then level ship and retighten the 2 screws?

As for the disc, does that center screw do anything? I turned it left and right thinking it would reduce the up and down play and it doesn’t seem to do anything from what I can tell.

How did you reduce disc noise?

#492 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

It’s still going to make noise as you have fresh plastic gears. After several games it will wear in a bit and quiet down. Mine the gears were barely touching so it sounded like a coffee grinder. Lol. Seems like the fine spot it close mesh but Not completely seated to the root of the gear. It is much quieter now and I suspect will get better in time and wear in. I may (but not suggesting to others) apply a silicone grease for plastic gears to fine tune but that is just a preference.

Any idea what that center screw does on bottom side?
Part list calls it a serrated screw. I turned it a few times thinking I had to loosen it to adjust disc height.

#494 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The center screw simply keeps the shaft from coming out of the bushing. No need to mess with that.

I already did and it didn’t seem to move even though I turned in both directions.

I thought this was odd. This is where you can see the up down play with spinner as there is a small space between this screw and next component on shaft.

#497 5 years ago

Can someone post a picture of how the topper sits in the channel up top and what hardware was used to install?

#500 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Don’t have a picture but I can try words. Topper sits in channel. Screws go through large holes in front, through acrylic topper, and thread into rail. Install all screws and put provided plastic caps in front large holes in rail. 5 minute install.

Here is the hardware they gave me. Screws not long enough to reach threaded hole in channel and no idea what these plastic anchors are for.

Called JJP this am about the leg bolt issue and asked about the topper, possible wrong hardware sent.

71D1941C-9821-4B12-9EDF-B67BD176AF65 (resized).jpeg71D1941C-9821-4B12-9EDF-B67BD176AF65 (resized).jpeg
#502 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

No idea or need for the white standoffs. Should be 4-5 screws and black caps. Install as mentioned previously not really difficult

I hear ya, should be simple however channel is wider than the screws supplied so no idea how that is gonna work.

Threaded holes in channel are on back side of channel, led strip in rear of channel. Topper sits in front of led strip in channel and I have nothing that goes through all of the above to secure and put black caps on front to finish off.

I was thinking maybe something was redesigned hence the standoffs. Just don’t see how they solve the issue as they don’t fit through holes in topper.

#504 5 years ago

This is right. Somewhere ltg answered this for me when I got mine. Acrylic topper sits at the back of the channel, screws go through the topper and into the metal channel in the back. Once it's screwed in you pop the black caps in the holes on the front side of the channel.

My screws definitely don’t reach through to the front.only 1/4” long. Nobody else got these white plastic anchors or standoffs in their parts pkg for topper?

Does the topper sit directly on the led strip? My strip is along rear of channel.

I’m perplexed, spoke with Frank at JJP and he wasn’t sure so is looking into it.

#506 5 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

The holes in the front are bigger than the heads of the screws so it only has to go through the acrylic and into the rear metal bracket and the holes are just used to put your screwdriver through. The plastic pieces then just fill the larger hole when the screws are installed. Give it a shot, it works.

This may work, so, the topper does sit directly on the led strip then correct?

Sorry to make this difficult but their instructions really suck and the white standoffs really threw me off, I still have no idea why I have 6 of those from the same bag of parts.

#508 5 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I agree, the instructions were lacking.

Thanks for the help, it worked!

#510 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Glad you finally figured it out. Have you played the game yet or are you still fine tuning since you got it??!

I played two games and am still trying to fine tune that flipper on the mini pf. Disk seems good now although it doesn’t sound great with glass off, lol! Hope that baby holds up over time. Sounds like sloppy plastic gears meshing, I’m guessing this is normal.

#513 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

You sld just sell me your potc ...

Lol...funny!

On a different note, got her all dialed in finally and played a few games. Managed a hit on the ship, how do you know if it was the big hit or just partial?

Also, my inner left ship lantern is only illuminating the very bottom of the lantern. Could this be a loose bulb? I tested and all colors work, just doesn’t look the same as other 3 as far as lighting the lantern all the way to the top.

#515 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Lamps is normal just the LED angle. Full ship hit goes Into the side hole partial doesn’t. Did you watch any of the many JJP twitch videos?

I did and recall them talking about the different levels of damage and some sort of indication somewhere along with a couple animations.
Happened so fast during my game I don’t recall if ball went in the hole!

#516 5 years ago

So this lamp second from left looks normal to you?

F859E78A-48E7-4B57-9D6F-52D5D1B1EDF2 (resized).jpegF859E78A-48E7-4B57-9D6F-52D5D1B1EDF2 (resized).jpeg
#528 5 years ago

I was wondering the same thing, as that's how it looks on mine...

I don’t think it looks normal, my 9 year old pointed it out to me. I went back and watched some video from JJP and don’t see the same issue.

I’m waiting to hear back from Frank@JJP, he requested some photos of what I was seeing.

Here are a few more for everyone’s viewing pleasure. Don’t look normal to me!

A5E77F01-1D2E-4DEC-9F0D-67A31EEBD618 (resized).jpegA5E77F01-1D2E-4DEC-9F0D-67A31EEBD618 (resized).jpegE66F97D2-2B49-4473-9F66-4A5E36A056A1 (resized).jpegE66F97D2-2B49-4473-9F66-4A5E36A056A1 (resized).jpegF9CF511A-6C79-4654-803B-683F3CD42742 (resized).jpegF9CF511A-6C79-4654-803B-683F3CD42742 (resized).jpeg
#532 5 years ago
Quoted from Rbviessman:

Could be an artistic effect?
Just got word mine will be shipped this week!!

Could be but it could also be a defect as well. Sent same pics to my distributor and he thought it looked odd as well.

Obviously not a big deal but my kid pointed it out to me while I was playing so I thought I would look into it.

#540 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

You should hear whirlwind.......

Haven’t played whirlwind but potc isn’t bad with the glass on.

#549 5 years ago

Two odd occurrences last night.

Anyone experience an airball off the ship ramp? Twice went up ramp and ship rocked left and ball went over left side. I’m assuming the rocking motion threw the ball left.

Also had a ball somehow get stuck between ship and side of cabinet and despite the ship rocking it took a couple nudged to free it.

#559 5 years ago

Is there a way to access these lights to see if maybe the bulb is just sitting a little low in the lantern?

I asked Frank@jjp this question and was unable to answer so my distributor is looking into now. Sent 5 pictures and it definitely is very noticeable, barely lit.

#561 5 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Here is a list of items I have had problems with since unboxing(had the game about 2 weeks), hopefully things to keep an eye out for others on theirs, some were just obvious and easy solutions others still pending:
- Autoplunge hits the rubber on left 50% or more of the time - Only solution I have found is removing the rubber
- Far left lantern light on my ship does not light up the same way as the others - Haven't seen solution or cause and just noticed it when brought up by user above. I obviously didn't notice it before until brought up
- On unboxing the "jack barrel" that spins on far right pops was floating in the playfield, not attached. Luckily didn't seem to cause damage to anything I could see on the playfield but damaged the part itself, pops right back on but I don't think spins quite correctly, part may have been faulty or got damaged.
- The forks underneath the chest that pop up, the coil magnet that releases the mech a screw had fallen out or wasn't put in correctly on shipping - Replaced the screw that held the small coil in and worked great.
- The ball release for the chest locks wasn't working originally - Fidgeted with some stuff up that controls that mech and seems to work now - I think it might have been a wire was getting in the way of the coil working properly, after fidgeting with it all for 15 minutes, seems to work.
- Opto mech above the top left flipper keeps popping out if the ramp plastic holder and causing opto to fail(which only really makes it so diverter for whirlpool doesn't work). I kept just pushing it back into place and it would pop out again after few games. I just used a little sticky tack to help hold it in place and seems to do the trick.
- Haven't pursued or gotten a response yet but my spinning disc is REALLY loud, seen other make the same comment so maybe it just is. But also my wheel is definitely off center doesn't rotate evenly and when you view it you can see the lopsided way it spins/sits(picture attached). Not sure if this is a simple adjustment possibly or potentially a faulty part or disc. Opened a ticket with no response a week ago, have to pursue again.
Again a lot of more or less little things and possibly just some poor QC but otherwise game is great and love it!
[quoted image]

My disc is ever so slightly off center but I do have nice spacing all the way around so not a concern. My disc was however about hair less than 1/8” raised above PF and noticed on first games as ball was making noticeable jump and click sound when traversing the disc. Be sure to check this. Easy adjustment.

JJP overnighted a new leg bracket and bolts to me as well so all good here.

I’d call them regarding your spinner, I don’t really see a way to adjust the positioning other than up/down.

As for the spinner noise, the thing that is odd is that there are times when it is spinning and you don’t really hear it but then at times it’s like grinding, couldnthis be due to it being slightly off center? I really don’t know.

Post back if you chat with them

#567 5 years ago

Couple dumb questions for my fellow Pirates!

When a high score is achieved and photo is taken, does it save the photo to display in attract mode or scroll through to see with flippers?

Any settings you all recommend changing from stock?

Thanks!

#569 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

It does display on attract but only once after 3 cycles. Not sure if this can be changed.

Seems odd to have a camera post some high score pics only to never see them again doesn’t it?

Is there a setting? Don’t think I’d want to see a pic for every character but maybe the top 5 high score pics ought to be there in attract.

#573 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

They don't dissapear it just takes forever for them to show.
Its funny because last night I was trying to show my wife the rediculous pics the game took. We stood there like idiots staring at the machine waiting for like 10 minutes and just when we were about to say F it the high scores and pics displayed.

Funny, it’s listening.. should be able to hit the flippers to see them, my kids get a kick out of them. Especially when I throw the Jack Sparrow hat on full with dreads and beads for a pick!

#590 5 years ago

Is there a guide published that explains the logic of mulitiball qualifying, completing and also the differentiation of flashing multiball lights vs solid etc?

I had 4 flashing at me and when I was done I think I had 3 lit solid on a 400k+ game.

I know there are 20+ videos but I thought somebody wrote this up a while back.

#592 5 years ago
Quoted from Rbviessman:

4 out of 8 bolts won’t go in. All the back leg bolts won’t even start to thread. Seriously JJP?
So..... I’m now the owner of a tap and die set. $40 later
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I had this issue and they promptly overnighted replacements to me.

Give them a call. They can’t address these issues if they aren’t reported.

#603 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Flashing mb insert means it's ready to start on the respective movie's shot. Slow pulsing mb insert means you're actively playing it. Solid mb insert means you've played it. You can't "complete" movie mbs, but you can keep playing and earning super jackpots while it's running. We published a flowchart a while back, and someone started a very detailed thread on how to play too. Plus, my ugly mug is on those 20+ videos explaining the game at the start off each one. Guess you just need to invite me over for beers and dollar games and I'll walk you through it

Any time your in Se PA stop on by for some beers, be glad to host you!

That was the general gist of how I understood it, just seemed like I got them all lit pretty quickly in one game and kind of surprised me.

I need to print the flow chart!

#623 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

should be getting my game in a few weeks. what are the majority of you doing for the leg bolts, rethreading them or getting new brackets from jjp?

Mine had burs in the thread of bracket and literally chewed the first couple rows of threading off bolt.
JJP when I spoke with them said this is a know issue they are trying to correct.

Call them and they will overnight parts to you. They were very good about it.

#624 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Check if the grounding braid is in there before you run the bolts in.Your game will likely be fine.

Not all issue are due to grounding braid obstructing the hole

#633 5 years ago

Has anyone had success printing the flow chart for the rules?

They should include these with the game!

#638 5 years ago

What an intense and amazing game, just cracked 700k and sunk 3 ships and man that ship was rocking fast.

#642 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

it is included in every game. it is even available for those that have not purchased a game. Page 25 of the downloadable manual.[quoted image]

Well, if your saying a hard copy was included in every game I definitely didn’t get it. Where would this be located? It wasn’t with any of the paperwork or LE certificate.

I’d like to hang it on the wall for guests.

#648 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I never implied that there was a hard cover manual. I clearly stated that it was from the downloadable manual.
www.JerseryJackPinball.com/support
click downloads, click Pirates, click manual. page 25. I typically print all of them (Pirates, Dialed In, Hobbit and Wizard of Oz) and hand them out for free at the shows I attend.
I do like the one that #rbviessman found better though. it makes it look like an old treasure map paper.
Hope you are enjoying your game.

Thanks, sorry for interpreting it that way.

Yes, loving the game..had some non pinheads over yesterday and this would have been good to have on hand!

#662 5 years ago

Speaking of leveling. You all using the level or the app? When using the bubble on mine the app tells me it’s at 7.6 and seems really steep.

#674 5 years ago
Quoted from Rbviessman:

Instructions say to put top of bubble on second from bottom line.

That’s where I started but it’s crazy
Steep there. Used the PinGuy app and at second line was 7.6.

Using the app I got it to 6.8 which is much closer most of my other games.

Could this be why so many are saying the flippers are weak? 7.6 sure would make it hard to hit the ramps consistently.

#702 5 years ago

Anyone use the pinguy app to level this machine in particular?

#706 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yes. And same as leveling any other game.

I understand that. My machine is level and playing perfect.

Using pin app and machine set to JJP spec is 7.6 pitch. You all just rolling with it that steep or bringing it closer to the more common 6.5?

#708 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

If its playing well than id say leave it. Most of my pins are 7.3 -7.5 as thats the speed i like and they play well there imo.

Thanks for the input!

#717 5 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

threw some blades on!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Those look pretty good, where are they from? Tilt?

#722 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

What app are you using? I was using pinball leveler but found that it was way off.

Pinguy app is the title.

It’s been accurate with the Stern bubble level for pitch. I cross check with a level for side to side.

#723 5 years ago

The new JJP games (Dialed In and newer) are designed so the game sits at 6.5 degrees with the leg levelers all the way in on all four legs (so, flat to the ground). This is what the game is intended to be at. You can adjust from there for level and to your preference, but if you crank the back legs up it's going to be way too steep.

This is what I was talking about in my earlier question.

If you level putting the top of bubble touching second line on the shooter lane bubble level(JJp spec) I’m getting a reading of 7.6. It’s steep and fast!

Did you bring yours all the way back in to 6.5?

Really interesting that you say all their new games are intended to be 6.5 but their manuals have it much steeper.

Can any of the JJP guys chime in?

#730 5 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Not trying to be insulting but you are using the app with the glass off to measure the angle, right?

Calibrated to a level surface first, glass off, app selected to PF and device then set on PF. Top tip of bubble on second line reads 7.6 via the app.

#731 5 years ago

Surprised you aren't having issues hitting the ramps with it that steep, seems like the ramp up to the ship would be really tough with it cranked up that high!

This is exactly why I tweaked mine down to 6.8. Ramps were very inconsistent.

I originally posed the question because there were many here complaining about flipper strength and increasing their power.

It then donned on me that using the bubble sets this game up very steep.

#732 5 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Haven’t been having any issues oddly enough. I moved the left flipper up 1 and right flipper up 2 from current code standard. But from what I have read on here. It seems most people are moving the right flipper up even at regular leg height.

Haven’t had to boost my flippers at all.

Hopefully Eric or Keith chime in on this.

#734 5 years ago
Quoted from kingkong16:

I too have two lanterns on the left side of the ship that are barely glowing. I hope there is an easy fix!

Well, my distributor didn’t like the way it looked and I believe he escalated the issue last week. I did get a ticket response last week but still waiting to hear back.

I’ll keep you posted.

#738 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I have one as well, I'm thinking not just a loose led...but maybe the way its driven power issue? waiting to hear what they tell you..

Quoted from VividPsychosis:

I hope fix is an easy adjustment. I have 1 lamp that is not like the others.

Im hoping to hear back from Distributor today.

His distributor game doesn’t have this issue nor does the one I’ve seen on location.

#748 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I'm thinking PinGuy is an ios app. I can only find Pinball Leveler on Android.

I have it on my iPhone. Not familiar with the android app.

#805 5 years ago

Just an update for those of you also experiencing the lantern issue. I haven’t heard back from JJP but I did talk to distro and he is trying to follow up.

My suspicion is that the little led bulb shifted inside the lantern during shipping and apparently the 4 lanterns are tied to two other leds as part of a single harness in the ship. Not sure if individual bulbs are even replaceable on this harness and don’t know if there is a way to access the bulb in the lantern to see if it shifted.

#808 5 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

Yes, thats agreed. The point is the fact that owners are at times required provide their own service for a product that is brand new and the request is that some system be implemented in the field or at the exit point of the factory to address the issues that are complex for people that want to enjoy pinball but have a limited skill set for repairs.
Otherwise the industry is self limiting to customers that are mechanically inclined, and I cant see how this keeps the industry in growth mode.
Can we agree on that?

Repairing and maintaining the machines is part of the hobby and you learn more and more with each machine. If you have a limited skill set hopefully you have some pinball friends that can help or hire a local tech that can help and maybe you can learn a thing or two from him.

Tweaks are one thing but major repairs out of the box are another story so I understand the frustration. The machine should at least be playable!

#825 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Me and the Captain are playing a few games tonight!

Arghhhh!

#826 5 years ago

Drink up me hearties yo ho!

#828 5 years ago

Anyone know if the chest is supposed to release locked balls at game end?

I also had a game going where I think there were two locked in the chest and got into a multi ball where I drained one and it released a ball from the chest during ball save. Struck me as odd but maybe this is normal?

#831 5 years ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

Mine always release at end of game...

Interesting, i haven’t had any issues locking balls or releasing for multiball when 3 locked. I don’t think they are releasing when game over though.

#837 5 years ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

Mine always release at end of game...

Figured it out, if you start a game before the game over animation it won’t release balls. It releases as needed in game it seems.

#838 5 years ago

Is it me or is that damn tortuga hole a real bitch to make? I literally got rejected 4 times in a row!

#841 5 years ago

Another question for you code gurus

When your in a multiball the main goal is shooting the called shots for jackpots and super jackpots. I’ve noticed getting chapter started while in a multiball as well but there is so much stuff going on that I wasn’t sure what the scoring benefit of completing the chapters while in a single or stacked multiball, anyone with insight on this?

#844 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Setting reply to free game is an adjustment I recommend for home use.
The crack and animation are very rewarding.

So this does something different Thant the match sequence on free play?

#872 5 years ago

Someone posted something here about a setting for either replay or match sequencing producing a rewarding effect/animation.

What is the setting to adjust?

#879 5 years ago

Can someone do me a favor and take a picture of switch 21 lower from play field and bottom side?

I’ve had a switch 21 lower switch stuck closed msg for a while and I was directed to play the game and hit switch to activate it.

Msg hasn’t gone away and upon closer examination of the map and where my switch is located, it appears there is literally a piece of white plastic there and no switch installed.

Yes, seriously I see no leaf switch installed and nothing hanging under pf!

WTF?

#889 5 years ago

Anyone able to help with this lower switch 21 issue?

#893 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

I'm out having dinner with the wife. I will take a few pics when I get back if nobody else has helped you in the mean time.

Thanks!

#895 5 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

I don't have my game here, but I did take a look at the online manual. Switch 21 shows as being "upper slingshot low", that slingshot is located behind the "gold" standup targets. Have you tried activating the lower leaf switch? Or are you able to see it?

There are two upper switches from what I see in the matrix and using map in game.

The upper switch works fine but the lower one under the pearl ramp I just see a piece of white plastic, no switch.

#913 5 years ago

Well, I solved the switch 21 low stuck closed issue. The switch was wedged under the ramp in the closed position. I’m thinking a hard hit off the pops may have caused this so this will be something for everyone to keep an eye on.

Now can anyone tell what this white plastic thing is under the ramp between the upper/lower 21 switches is?

16FE8EDB-757B-4EC6-814C-17745C33047D (resized).jpeg16FE8EDB-757B-4EC6-814C-17745C33047D (resized).jpeg
#916 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

The switches activate that sling...

When I press it while in the switch matrix it doesn’t register as anything, should it? The leaf switches fore and aft of it register hits now, they previously didn’t when the fore/lower was stuck closed.

#920 5 years ago

So the replay setting to free game does trigger a nice animation when achieved.

It’s a bit odd to have it set to free game when on free play though, anyone have it set to extra ball to see if it generates the same extra ball animation as you normall see for extra ball? Maybe it’s the same animation as the free game setting since it’s tied to replay? Didn’t have a chance to explore that

#922 5 years ago

Just a heads up but I was adjusting my upper pf right flipper today and tightening the lamp post for the upper pf when I realized the most upper pop bumper spins too. I was unaware of this as mine hasn’t been spinning! The culprit was the wire form ramp coming off the Black Pearl was ever so slightly touching it. All good now!

On another note, replay set to free game provides good video content where extra ball is just the usual extra ball callout/animation.

#932 5 years ago

More fanfare would be cool. I do hope they keep it single ball play though - there's already enough multiballs in the game.

Agree, the game could use just a little more fanfare polish in general, example the maelstrom ramp. Would be cool to see a generic scene of the maelstrom from at worlds end.

I would also like to see some Flying Dutchman action in the game, give me some tripple cannon action or the ship busting out of the water! The Queen Anne’s Revenge is in the game as is Salazar’s ship, why no Dutchman?

Just my wishlist!

#935 5 years ago

Do you access disc gears from topside or bottom?

I got the impression you remove the disc but not the 8 screws holding the assembly in place, is this correct?

#936 5 years ago

I took Yelobird advice and I did have a loose fit with motor gear fitting into the spinner gear. I positioned the tip of motor gear into the spinner with about a toothpick tip space between and I reduced noise a good bit.

I think the noise could be reduced more from underneath by covering the exposed spinner area on sides of housing.

Not sure if this would be I’ll advised or worth the effort.

#939 5 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Is there a walkthrough video/pictures for trying this? I hate tearing apart "big" mechs on games I always seem to screw something up rather than fix things.

I thought it was going to be more daunting but disconnect the two electrical connections and remove 8 screws bottom of Pf.
Disk will come right out. Two screws holding motor in place, loosen and adjust motor closer or further from the disk gear teeth, likely closer will be needed. Too loose of a fit creates the grinding sloppy noise.

Re-tighten 2 motor screws,put spinner back in hole, install the 8 screws, connect the two connectors and done.

Hope this helps!

#941 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I will have to make this adjustment too!

It probably reduces the noise by 10-20% but a better way to describe is it seemed to eliminate the worst erratic grinding sawing noises I would occasionally here.

I’m good with it now!

#964 5 years ago

Dumb question here...

Does the depths scoop do anything besides function as a gobble/eject hole?

Wasn’t sure if it becomes a strategic shot at some point in the game, don’t recall ever seeing the compass say to shoot it.

#966 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe if you shoot it in from the front it will lock one of the chapter mode values in case you drain; And I’m pretty sure whichever chapter mode value is the highest is the one that gets locked in first and so forth. I haven’t played the game in a couple months so I’m going off memory, and I forgot what it was that increases the modes value - precious chapter score?

This helps a bit, I figured it did something just so much happening in the game that it didn’t stand out!

#972 5 years ago
Quoted from Rbviessman:

psw757
You can look at my previous post. I had the same issue. I had to trim the top of the switch off a bit to keep it from getting stuck under the ramp. It also was scratching the ramp. The angle of the top of the metal looked backwards on mine.

Thanks, I didn’t cut the switch but I put a slight bend in it and it worked.

#976 5 years ago
Quoted from Rbviessman:

psw757
Here’s the framed picture I talked about. It came out great!
[quoted image]

Yeah, that looks great! Nice idea.

#1020 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=GZwSIY1-IOo
It looks like the pirate ship in this video has the same promblem as Psw757 and Vividpsychosis has with their left lamp in the front of the ship. Has JJP addressed this yet? No bid deal but I was wondering if they fixed this issue yet.

I spoke with distributor on Thursday and apparently he has a couple people with this issue. Unfortunately I haven’t gotten a response from JJP to address this issue yet and I find it very disappointing.

Yes it’s a minor issue and doesn’t have any impact on gameplay but when everybody who plays the game comments about it looking burned out it just bothers the shit out of me. Hey man...looks like you got a bulb out right there. I expect just a little more from JJP when we as customers are buying these expensive machines. I’m a first time buyer and likely last time unless they address this.

Rant over, love the game other wise!

#1023 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Sorry pictures are out of order but my guess is everyone will figure it out. If not, do not attempt to repair lol.

Thanks for digging into that. I’ll be getting on this ASAP!

My gripe wasn’t to knock the game because it is absolutely fantastic but I can’t understand why after almost 4 weeks of a service ticket being opened, a discussion with JJP directly over phone and a distributor going to bat for a few of his customers who are experiencing this issue...zero response.

It sure is a good thing we have this community to help each other out!

#1028 5 years ago

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this But during multiball, if you sink ship, get an extra ball, free game etc.... basically anything with animation and sound the animation or video content starts to play but is interrupted with the jackpot scoring displays and gets a bit jumpy.

Played a game today and had stranger tides multiball going and managed to sink a ship. The video started went away then came back for a millisecond and went away with none of your typical ship getting blown apart sound.

Normal or bug?

#1043 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Did anyone have flying balls from the maelstrom to the playfield ? I think it needs a plastic above the ramp.

haven't seen this but I have had them from the other side flying off the left side of the black pearl! doesn't happen often maybe twice.

#1062 5 years ago

Finally had an amazing game 1,276000 and two things that I couldn’t figure out.

During arghhh frenzy, what is the best strategy. Seemed like everything triggers an arghhh but didn’t quite grasp if it was time based or a shot needing to be made?

Also, I noticed Gibbs will call out gold at certain times when the gold targets aren’t hit. He said gold when I hit the right loop, is this normal? I checked and there are no switch errors.

Very fun game, truly amazing!

#1065 5 years ago

As far as I know, Arrrr Frenzy is timed. Rip the spinners while you can!
Gold is lit when you collect characters from the chapter shots, that's probably what's causing Gibbs to call out "GOLD" even when you don't hit the GOLD targets.

This is likely what’s going on.

There is so much going on that it’s easy to miss, lol!

#1070 5 years ago

What’s the best adjustment for the action button, mine started acting up today. About 125 plays into the game.

#1081 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Time for another Macgyver (Pirate addition) how to "Get the GOLD" button adjustment! lol Yet a minor repair and my suggestion method is based on MY solution not an endorsement from JJP or even LTG the master! In pulling the button out you will quickly see and Hear that there is a clear rubbing (squeak) when you push the button. While a drop of oil would more then likely aid in helping the burr wear in over time I want to play NOW! lol My solution was to simply (carefully) install the screw end of the button into a hand drill. (as shown) Apply a Single drop of 3 in 1 oil to the edge of the button to aid in the wear in and keep it from heating up. Hold the button and run the drill at a decent throttle while pulling the button down in the compressed state. Only 15-20 seconds. Then reverse the drill and do the same in reverse. This process Expedites the smoothing and wear in process of the button bottom burr and the oil gets distributed evenly. Testing by hand now you will no longer hear the squeak (bind). Re-install and BAM we are getting the GOLD again!! Worked perfect for me and only took maybe 5 minutes tops to complete. Good luck ya scurvy dogs!!

No shit, That is some macguyver stuff for real!

What would we all do without you. Lol!

#1126 5 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

I tried many things with the lockdown button, it never worked perfect. So I ordered the same button that Stern used in AC/DC or Star Trek put it in and now it works smooth and flawless.

The lockdown button is definitely a problem, they need to do better here.

#1128 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

My hobbit button works great. I wonder if they switched brands. A button should be the last of any problems. So odd.

The button worked great for the first 100 or so games.
Can’t figure out where it’s binding, took it apart and reassembled looks fine, works initially after reassembly and then sticks.

#1150 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Audio clipping and drop outs.
OK, of the handful of little things to tinker with, I have no real concern so far. The one big annoyance is the clipping and drop outs in the audio. It is starting to drive me crazy! I believe that a few have questioned audio related issues, what is the fix here? I can upload a video if need be but it is painfully obvious and annoying.

I’ve noticed this as well, intermittent video clips during multiball. Very choppy. Partial and clipped callouts from Gibbs during gameplay and missing callouts altogether at time but this is really not a frequent occurance. Figured it was a bug.

#1163 5 years ago

This clipping issue, is this affecting the callouts as I described in previous post or am I the only one dealing with this?

#1168 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

The dang center drains on the mystery hole and Star Map are a downer. It looks like you can press both buttons just before the post drop (on the Star Map) and the magnet will toss the ball up. No option for the hole. Maybe a ball save option for a couple of these shots that are draining?

I haven’t had many center drains out of the star map and really never the mystery hole. Maybe I’m lucky.

The most common callout clipping I’m hearing is characters on game start only partial names and when their shots are made. Happens less then 20% of the time but it is happening.

#1217 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Eric’s team has been asked about those Disney assets before and the answer was always the same. I guess they offered Disney ‘the moon’ but Disney said no. The movies are literred with rum and sword fighting, yet this game only has some rum bottles breaking, some inserts with rum graphics, pop bumpers that look like rum kegs, and a plastic pirate with his sword sheathed that spins. The first thing I imagined when I saw this game revealed was a ‘drunken pirate’ mode. Thank you Eric (and Devs) for what you did squeeze in there!
Sorry to disagree with you those of you on the music and movie clips. I have to say ‘THANK GOD’ they didn’t put the movie clips in there. If I wanted to watch the movie, I’d watch the movie. My biggest gripe of GOTG is the looping movie clips. And to see those over and over would drive me crazy.
I love the Hans Zimmer, Klause Badelt, and Geoff Zanelli theme music so much that I bought all of the soundtracks on iTunes. But the fact that the devs went above and beyond at getting their composer, David Theil to create as much music as he did, all the variations paired with the different events being played out in-game...is one of my biggest appreciations of this game. The music sounds like it could be the soundtrack to a sixth movie (if they ever did one).
I will agree it might have been nice to hear the classic Disney ‘pirates life for me’ theme, curious why that wasn’t included since the lyrics are on the outline plastics.

There is a setting for attract and game over music that does nothing at the moment. I’m hoping/wishing they can get the Disney Pirates life for me music for attract and game over music. This would be perfect for this game and as you said it’s already on the plastics. Disney should want that added to the game!

#1230 5 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

That's a great idea and would make a killer attract mode!

Sure would be, how would that not make you want to step up and drop some money in?

Hopefully these setting get utilized with an update.

#1303 5 years ago

Anyone else getting that alert? I swear it's adjusted fine....
[quoted image]

Haven’t seen that particular alert but the one I keep getting is the target ship switch stuck closed. Think it’s number 79 and it seems to work when I do hit it.

#1348 5 years ago

Anyone come up with a easy solution to fix action button? Mine is progressively getting worse.

#1352 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

If it hangs : Get some wd40 from the underside in there
If it didn’t register: loosen the screws from the switch a Bit

Jamming up. Have to bang on the lock bar to get it back out.

#1355 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

If it hangs : Get some wd40 from the underside in there
If it didn’t register: loosen the screws from the switch a Bit

Thanks for the suggestion. Did as you said but used a dab of white lithium grease, should hold up a bit longer than the wd40. Works perfect now! Back to collecting gold.

#1357 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Don't get any on the plastic button. It will weld it shut.

Just put a small dab of white lithium grease on bottom side of shaft with button fully depressed. Nothing from top side on actual button. Seems to have worked, button is now smooth as butter.

#1389 5 years ago

I’ve had no issues with action button after putting a dab of lithium grease on the shaft of button from underside of lock bar.

Anyone try anything similar on the spinning disc gears?
Would love to find a solution to smooth/quiet the mech a bit.

#1391 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I read an earlier post that said to apply some "DryFluid Extreme Gear Lube". That Pinsider highly recommended it for solving noise issues with the spinning disk. I bought some at Helidirect.com for $21.67 with shipping (Amazon is out and EBAY has only foreign sellers with outrageous shipping charges). I will use it as soon as I get my game.

White lithium is one of the highest regarded greases for gears in the Rc world. Doesn’t soften plastics or rubber and doesn’t break down like most dry lubes, Teflon lube and other ptfe lubes.

I will report back once I lightly apply.

#1394 5 years ago

Reporting back on adding a small amount of white lithium grease to the spinning wheel gears and it reduced the buzzsaw noise very well. You can still here it a little bit but it took the broken parts sound out of it.

#1402 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I used to restore antique (1930's-1950) Wulitzer and RockOla jukeboxes and an old mechanic told me to use white lithium grease on the moving parts of the mechanisms. I did that and after a couple of years the white lube turned into a gummy compound that caused the mechs to freeze up. I had to tear down all of the mechs where I had used it, remove the offending grease, and relube with gun oil which worked like a charm. I guess I could do the same (gun oil) on my pinball gears but I am going to try the dry lube approach and see how it works. But, I will never use white lithium grease again. I know many swear by white grease; I swear at it. Best of luck to you.

The problem with greases is if it used in a environment where it can get dirty it will gum up but in a home environment on the bottom side of a new pinball machine, it will take years and years for that to happen if at all.

The problem with gun oil and many oils in general is the petroleum distillates that will eat and soften plastics over time.

Not sure what the best solution is but this is working for now.

#1437 5 years ago

Finally solved the switch 79 stuck closed issue.

If your getting this msg check the the moving part of the dauntless ship. The top part was sagging ever so slightly creating a rub point at front right corner. I figured it out because I bricked a shot off the side of the ship and it moved and did not return to proper position.

I lifted the top a small amount to free ship and error alert went away.

At least in my case it didn’t appear to be inactivity of hitting the target because I have pretty regularly.

#1455 5 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Is there a repeatable (describable) way to get the ball into the cannon once it’s lit that you’ve all figured out?
I’ve been working on a backhand from a left flip trap but that rarely works. Lucky shots from the tip of the right work, but getting it there is hard. What have you all discovered?

Quoted from VillaThrills:

Not easy...but backhand flip from left flipper just as the ship starts rocking back to the left. Never can do it consistently from the right flipper.

im glad it isn't easy or it would get old!

#1461 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I added some mylar on the upper playfield where the ball up kicks.

Is this a high wear area? Didn’t really think about it.
Only place I’m considering Mylar is the chapter select area.

#1472 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

darkryder Great score!
I haven't hit a wizard mode yet but have been very close. The rules in the manual are a great read, details in there that I don't think many would just learn by playing.
I have some mods on the way as well, a few local owners ordering in quantity to save a bit on shipping.
On an unrelated topic; The manual claims that switches will show as bad/failed if not activated in 60 games. I would have guessed this to be much shorter as the 2 in my Dauntless show on startup now but they register in test and have worked within the game.

I posted something about the dauntless yesterday. Make sure the target ship moves freely to activate switch and returns fully to normal position.

Mine was occasionally rubbing causing the stuck closed msg however when hit with the ball it would register.

#1473 5 years ago

Question for those that mylared the chapter start area. Did you Mylar inside the post where ball is held or just few inches outside?

#1489 5 years ago

I mylared inside that that entire area (not outside of it at all). Highly recommended.

Did you remove everything to get in there?

You Mylar all the way to targets or stop just short of the insert lights?

#1493 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Good video. Early thoughts??

This top shelf game deserves a little better than captain morgan! Lol☠️

#1499 5 years ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

The tortuga VUK is very inconsistent as it sometimes it shoots it the right flipper and next time a strong shot to the left flipper. I cranked up the coil setting to 30 with those results and had it down to 8 which gave a better consistent weak shot to the right flipper. Anyone having the same issue. Also, looks like a protector is needed for the Tortuga hole.....
[quoted image]

Wow...not happy to see that already.

Hopefully cliffy makes something for this!

#1522 5 years ago

If that happened after only 438 games played, I would love to see some pics of location machines. They probably get a couple hundred plays a day.

I guess we should assume the VUK on the Black Pearl might be another problem spot.

#1524 5 years ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

The tortuga VUK is very inconsistent as it sometimes it shoots it the right flipper and next time a strong shot to the left flipper. I cranked up the coil setting to 30 with those results and had it down to 8 which gave a better consistent weak shot to the right flipper. Anyone having the same issue. Also, looks like a protector is needed for the Tortuga hole.....
[quoted image]

Just looked at my machine and my Mylar is right up to the edge of the black border. Not even sure I can cut a piece small enough to fit in that space.

Your Mylar seems to be installed a little further away which is the culprit.

Hopefully we get some real protectors soon!

#1534 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Anyone know where you get the art blades in this picture?
[quoted image]

Tilt?

#1536 5 years ago

My only complaint on that art blade is that they don’t seem to match the color palette of the table art. Much more muted and brown than the jewel tone reds of the playfield or apron. Would have preferred an ocean wave scene to make the black pearl look like it is on the water at night.

I had that one on my stern POTC and it looked good. Someone needs to make a new one for this machine!

#1543 5 years ago

Oy...hate to report this one...found it when trouble shooting a chattering sling. Chipping by the slings and slings wearing thin. Thoughts on what to do about this one??? New rubber, fine. But playfield chipping significantly on both sides? I only have 457 games on it.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’d call JJP, that’s absolute horseshit.

Make them fix it, I get the sense that these machines are going to have some serious issues.

Very concerning to say the least.

#1547 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Agree with darkryder that shooter rod looks a ton better!
Sucks about the chipping on the pf! I will check mine for loose screws or a sign of over tightening. Crazy on the rings too but deff forgivable. Maybe titan rubbers there?

Report back on the odd piece of Mylar, I’m curious.

#1555 5 years ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

Sorry to see this and just did a thorough check on mine. All is well except the spinning disk is a tad high on one side, it's actually slightly uneven but I removed from the play field and adjusted it is a little better but noticed a little wear on the side of the disk edge in two places, the edge will look white-ish, overall can only see with glass off and put your face close up.

Can yo take a picture of this white edge?

#1558 5 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Question. Anyone else’s game have a block of styrofoam taped behind the play field backboard. Mine fell off but it was attached with double sided tape. I assume it stays on for dampening effect.

Pretty sure you are supposed to remove all styrofoam.

#1567 5 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Just a heads up im testing out some plastic protectors for mezel mods, loving the way they look. Just have to work out the kinks and should be available soon.

Smoked gray or a semi translucent black would fit this game well.

#1583 5 years ago

Knock on wood, I haven’t seen any of his with mine at about 300 plays but it worries me. Makes me not want to play it.
Dimples and regular wear are one thing but this is much more significant.

#1589 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I think that this is a logical place for the unknown mylar in the goodie bag.
In this pics, I've used a flashlight to show it applied but essentially it is transparent of course.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Was there one already applied and they gave us an extra?

#1597 5 years ago

Got early access to the new .98 code and will be streaming it tonight! 8 p.m. Eastern at http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

Any surprises?

#1598 5 years ago

Finally got some Mylar installed in the star map area and installed that piece up on the black pearl as well.
Forgot to take a look at the ball drop from chest area.

Two things I discovered, tortuga metal scoop was pretty loose, luckily mine is mylared well and no wear. Check those screws, under pop apron.

Secondly watch your sling shot plastics, mine are starting to show wear in the art where it touches the post closest to flippers. I may install a tiny felt pad or rubber stickon for kitchen cabinet door.

#1600 5 years ago

Anyone Mylar the disc yet?

Doesn’t seem like they protected the decal at all.

#1610 5 years ago

Anything qualify multiballs other than playing a chapter?

Last couple games I had at world end multiball qualifies even though I don’t think I played a chapter from said movie.

Mystery awards maybe? Any other possibilities?

#1614 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Don't do that. If you put mylar on the disk, it will literally do nothing to the ball. It is a specially designed polymer surface that grips the ball, and if you cover it...no more gripping.

Good to know, thanks!

#1615 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

At Worlds End is qualified by making all nine big red arrow shots around the playfield once. When you hear the long speech call about “nine pieces of whatever we happen to have” or “the original plan was to use nine pieces” then you’ll know it’s ready to start at the left ramp. In general, qualifying a multiball is not done by playing a chapter. For Black Pearl you have to finish the ship sequence, for On Stranger Tides you have to make upper loop shots and so forth.

I did get that call out, nine pieces of whatever so that is how I must have qualified it.

#1621 5 years ago

You really think Mylar will protect that post from a ball falling from 4-5 inches from above?
Might be easier to just swap the post when need be.

#1635 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

How is this going and will there be some that are smoke colored?

I would be buying smoked semi translucent gray as well. Would be badass. Game doesn’t need more bright colors or neons.

#1644 5 years ago

Any drunken pirate would be better than tortuga Tom!

Hint hint mod people...please make!

#1649 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Yes a little superglue worked wonders but like Yelp said May be wise to superglue the joints so that the arms stay in place. I’m loving it so far, but I still need more home-owner time to find a good strategy to tackle the journey, because I’m far from comfortable with it yet

What did you cut him in half with to get a clean cut?

#1665 5 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Plastic protectors are going well, Played a bunch of games last night. They did not interfere with the ball at all. As for the colors you’ll have to ask the boss lady about that...

If you decide to do the translucent smoked gray, let me know so I can order.

#1669 5 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

On the disk where exactly are others putting the white grease?

A little bit goes a long way. The stuff really doesn’t break down so don’t over do it!

And if your having any action button sticking issues, while you have the grease out. Depress the button and put a drop on the shaft of button. 100+ plays since I did this and not a single stuck/jammed button.

#1672 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

What are you using?

White lithium grease. Extreme temps and dirt are the only things that gum it up.

#1677 5 years ago

I got the .97 part installed. Should I erase everything from the usb except the delta .98 potc_update or should everything remain on usb when installing final part.

Also, anyone else’s ship rocking crazily after first part of install? Mine was rocking so far and fast to the right the lantern was smacking off the ramp.

Hopefully this self corrects because it was fine prior!

#1681 5 years ago

Yeah I dig that music too.

This game desperately needs some attract/game over music or at a minimum Gibbs callouts to attract you.

I like hanging in my game room hearing Indy playing intermittently or Star Wars, makes myself and guests walk over and play a game when we are just hanging.

#1685 5 years ago

Speaking of jack the monkey, is he even in the game anywhere?

#1687 5 years ago

You’ve gotta be f’ing kidding me, I think I’ve heard it all now!

#1689 5 years ago

I’ve played two games since updating the code and noticed something odd, happened both games.

Say you have a multiball lit and your in the middle of a chapter with one character remaining.
In my case at worlds end lit and final character to collect is Elizabeth.

I hit the shot in both games, multiball starts but does not award the character.

Is this a bug?

#1706 5 years ago

I haven’t seen this sag personally but there is a locking/latching mechanism on both sides.
Make sure tv bracket is latched on both sides.

#1718 5 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

that seems to be the extent of all the modes. i'm hoping via code updates they can add some more varied objectives. plenty of targets on the game to leverage.

All the chapters are actual scenes from their associated movie and the shots required for each chapter represent the characters that were actually in the scene.
Not sure how they could add something chapter related since all these shots are already really embedded to their accociated movie/character.

Two areas perhaps where some fanfare can be added would be the depths shot, doesn’t do very much at in the average game played.
The other would be the bayou hole. Other than a super jackpot and that one character, doesn’t seem to do much.

Just my observations so far

#1723 5 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Mine's sagging on the right too, I haven't even opened the backbox since I received the game. Let us know if you find the fix for this.

Open the back box and see if the display is latched. Chances are it came loose in transport.

#1756 5 years ago

How are the tortuga Tom replacements holding up?

#1758 5 years ago

So I did hear back from Jack. His initial take on my playfield issues were that I probably had 2 loose posts and the damage is normal wear and tear even on a new pinball machine. Warranty claim denied. The posts are tight and have always been so.
Searching Pinside, I see that DI also had the same issues around the VUKs. Looking around my playfield I have several posts bubbling the playfield, not just at the slings. So my honest question to all is this the new normal? I don’t mean to start a fight or anything here on Pinside or start another dimple thread.
Before I get others involved, should I expect this? I have never seen something like this but many here have way more experience. Would you pay full price for a fairly new game with this kind of damage?

Sorry to hear their position on this.

My posts are tight and I have some bubbling around the base of a couple but nothing chipped or cracked/peeled.

Keep us all posted!

#1760 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

All these things give your game "Character" and make it "unique".

Imperfections are one thing but cracked clearcoat and chipped and missing wood and art is not what I call character, that is poor quality. Especially after a mere 200 games played.

I’m curious what kind of issues these CE’s editions will have and what the owners responses will be.

Fortunately my machine is fine at the moment but some of this stuff is a little beyond anything thing I’ve personally witnessed on my NIB machines.

#1762 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

I know... I was being sarcastic. I have a ce that shipped today looking forward to it especially after all the things in this thread. Best 12.5k spent ever!

Congrats, this is the greatest game ever in my opinion! I envy your topper!

I just hate seeing all the problems.

#1789 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok your timing is well placed. While not Horrible I do find the disk a Bit to loud for my liking so in typical Mod Couple fashion I decided to investigate a bit further to see if there could be a user friendly solution. This issue is actually a combination problem. The plastic to plastic gear mesh is both loose and the gear floats which creates the known loud grinding sound. Second, that sound is basically transmitted to what technically a plastic Drum! The large disk amplifies the sound like a speaker which makes it a bit more pronounced. While I would (and could) make a new drive gear or possibly a rubber drive roller I wanted to try something slightly less costly and easier to implement. Soooo, I created a precision waterjet insert kit similar to what is used in automotive to sound dampen noise issues. Second, a precision snap in shim was created to the plastic drum floats less and now can ride on a plastic (wear resistant) shim instead of the bronze bushing. This allows a light layer of Lithium grease between the two. At this time I am testing the kit on my machine and it is much quieter. NOT silent just improved! Rather simple install took me 15 minutes or so. In conjunction with some light Lithium grease it appears to be a low cost solution. Not looking to get rich on these just trying to help out with an annoying problem. I will have these on our website this weekend for my estimate around $10 (buy your own grease!). Again, this mechanism will Never be a Swiss watch just trying to make it a bit less annoying. lol Hope some find this useful let me know if you have any questions.
The Mod Couple
www.TheModCouplePinball.com

Wow - nice job! I will be buying one because the sound is annoying.

#1797 5 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

This is 100% the ideal solution. The stock gears are metal to metal, and no amount of lube, grease, dampening, etc will stop the noise. The only solution is a plastic gear like above. There really isn’t any weight or force on the wheel, so a plastic gear will absolutely be fine. Kudos to JJP for designing a part that is incredibly durable and near impossible to break, but this plastic gear is the perfect balance of durability and noise I would imagine. Great job!

The stock gear from JJP is not metal it’s plastic on plastic and a very poor mesh. This is just a sound deadening mod but iit works.

#1851 5 years ago

I think the upper PF being qualified has to be a bug because it didn’t start doing this on mine until recent code update.

As soon as ball gets up there cannon is ready to be loaded, seems odd and too easy now!

#1867 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Related to #1305’s recommended fix, I too have experienced this strange behavior in the door to the cannon load. Before I go bending metal with pliers, I’m wondering if this is a software/bug issue or can this only be physically resolved?

I have experienced the same thing during game play at times but when testing it, the flap seems fine. To me this would seem software related.
Sometimes I have no issue during gameplay.
Really odd and I agree, don’t want to go bending things if that isnt the real issue. Could be just a bandaid fix.

#1934 5 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

Speaking of the selfies, does anyone else notice a dark blog appearing on their posters around the nose? I thought I might have had a spec on the camera or something, but we're all different heights and it always appears right near the nose. I don't think these photos pick it up very well, but figured I'd post them as reference.
I presume it has something to do with the filters being applied to the shot. In camera test, the picture is clean and unblemished.
(Obviously this isn't a big deal -- I'm just curious if the third nostril is a software thing or specific to my machine)
[quoted image]

Mine does this as well.

#1942 5 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

Ah, thanks, that makes sense!
Interesting that you went with the spelling "pYracy" -- I couldn't find any references to this spelling online, and the game is called "pIrates", after all.
*shrugs*

I prefer the traditional spelling Piracy...

#1950 5 years ago

Anyone figure out why the cannon seems to be immeditaly qualified to load at times since update?

#2027 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Two gameplay questions:
Can someone explain constellation shots/bonus? I understand all the other rules but not sure what I'm expected to check on that star map in the back. I thought it was just decoration!
Chapter selection - if you don't pick the character that allows you to pick, how are you guys focusing on getting five of the same color considering it's very easy to light other movie chapters and then you're left with just random chance. I'm struggling with qualifying 5 chapters preventing me from getting wizard....

You have to have sniper skills and some ball control to really focus on one movie and 5 chapters.
Calypso is the easiest path to wizard modes.

#2086 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Oh mirror blades.... What would I do without you....
Got a really nice shooter rod too looks great fast shipping. Thanks tonycip
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like the shooter rod, who is selling these?

#2158 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

What's funny is that I was bummed about Depps face being there right in the front but guess who both my kids gravitated too as soon as we got this....Depp's character. They never seen the movies but of all 22 characters, Depp is their fav and it's not even close. I've actually gotten warmer on the idea as there aren't many characters that look like a typical pirate believe it or not (with the full pirate setup).
This game is really something special. More I play, understand - the rule set to me is actually fairly simple to follow compared to my other experiences with games like WOZ. The team did a really good job to clarify what is going on - call outs on this game are some of the best to help the player too. Only exception is this starmap - no idea still. They could also touch up the rules on the boat for newbies.
Such a great game - widebody especially.

I hear ya on the Depp topic.

Hear is my take on this, it’s ok in my opinion to like Jack Sparrow and severely dislike Johnny Depp. The guy played the part very well, a drunk bumbling pirate!

My two kids play him constantly as well.

1 week later
#2498 5 years ago

Anyone willing to help a brother out and do a nice tortuga Tom replacement?

I bought one and didn’t come out so hot, didn’t get a clean finish on the chopping in half part! Lol

#2556 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Wow! Thanks for the fast reply! They were loose. Wasn't tough to fix. Putter her back together now. Will update.

Don’t have access to my game at the moment but where are these screws located?

#2558 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The chest fork mech is held onto the playfield underside by 5 screws. When you remove those and pull the fork assembly out, you will see the 2 loose screws securing the fork.

Thanks!

#2603 5 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

Still looking for an answer on this, is anyone experiencing the same thing?
Thanks in advance

I did have a similar issue with the cannon shot missing the mark off of center and what I found was the dauntless front right corner that moves was ever so slightly getting hung up on the upper decking of ship. Not every time though and only by the smallest amount. Basically ship would get hit and move but not return all the way to the normal static position causing the off center hits. Give this a look.

#2618 5 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

Thanks Yelobird,
I did something similar last night, I had two thin pieces of wood and put them in the cannon tray , my alignment is worse than yours, further to the right of the Dauntless.
Eric/Lloyd: Is the cannon shooting tray under the Black Pearl adjustable?

Really seems odd that the cannon is the culprit for alignment.
You 100% sure it’s not the dauntless that is out of alignment like mine was? Mine were bricking off the side to the lower right of the target hole.

#2650 5 years ago
Quoted from gipinball:

Is there attract mode music ect.. when games set to free play (settings in menu on)?
My WOZ is on free play and won’t shut up in attract mode.

No and I really would like them to add something besides the JJP logo music. I’d ideally like yo ho yo ho a Pirates life for me but if they can’t, a custom Pirate track from David Thiel would fit the bill as well. Something to lure people in!

#2662 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I think that we've bounced around the idea but if they would just allow an MP3 or sound file option in attract mode then we could choose our own music/audio.
Simple add-on and they could even restrict it to free play only. This way we can add what we want for our home arcade and they don't really have to worry about operators adding something that they shouldn't (if that matters). Who is interested in this?

I’d certainly be down with this. Makes sense to have this option.

2 weeks later
#3006 5 years ago

is the 666666 mode some sort of hidden thing from there Pirates series?
Don’t recall ever seeing it but there is always something you miss.

#3008 5 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

I haven't managed to find a reference to it from the movies but its been quite some time since I actually watched any of them with rapt attention.
I kind of assumed it was just a cheeky little addition/easter egg for something that rarely happens during 'normal' gameplay.

Kind of what I figured, was just curious. Things like this are there for a reason and thought it may have been from one of the movies.

#3056 5 years ago

There is also a Kraken video clip where it just sucks a ship down into the ocean. Comes up randomly after draining a ball.

#3113 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

MezelMod protectors installed:

I still would prefer something that doesn’t stand out as much like a smoked grey translucent protector. This game doesn’t need fluorescent and vibrant.

Anyone else interested in something like this?

#3119 5 years ago

Yes, this. If nobody comes out with one, I will mock up a few sets. We have access to a Glowforge and can cut these. Just need to create the vector file and find the right material.

Please let me know if you decide to tackle this, I know there are a few others that have expressed interest previously.

They would really fit the look of the machine well.

#3177 5 years ago

Can someone take a look closely at their pirate lane inserts, specifically the R and T?
I notice missing black in the print but not sure if intentional or not. I’m assuming they are printed from bottom side

Couple pics of mine, only noticed because I gave her a good cleaning/wax today and replaced the balls.

53037864-478A-4CBE-9D5A-52BCA191B3EF (resized).jpeg53037864-478A-4CBE-9D5A-52BCA191B3EF (resized).jpegE623C2BA-1F3C-4A93-B478-053DCECDC9D4 (resized).jpegE623C2BA-1F3C-4A93-B478-053DCECDC9D4 (resized).jpeg
#3180 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Mine are the same, its artistic vision.

Thanks for looking!

#3221 5 years ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

Noticing more and more of these scratches on the playfield. I have cleaned and replaced the pinballs multiple times. Any ideas?
[quoted image]

Could be the balls they supply. I think they are absolute shit compared to ball barons ninja or carbon chrome.

I chucked the JJP balls after about 250 plays.

#3292 5 years ago

Never had an issue with the Ninjas in any of my machines. I’ve been through quite a few as I change them out often.

#3461 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Anyone else been playing the Adm Cutler Beckett character regularly? I've only been playing Pirates on route so far, but I really like being able to collect all the gold each time with just a single hit of the action button. I need both hands on the flippers as much as possible with this game!

Don’t play him regularly but I set my grand champion score playing him..... might be something to this!

My top scores have all been with Beckett, Calypso and Davey Jones. Haven’t gotten anywhere near them with anyone else. My only wizard modes were played with Calypso.

#3558 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I don’t think they are never making POTC again. Just stopping for now for next game. And WOZ let’s not jump to rumor as fact on the monkey. :p

It wouldn’t surprise me if they didn’t make anymore though.
Disney of all companies I would assume would put a specified length of time on using the assets. I think this is even more plausible now that they want nothing to do with Johnny D after he was given the boot from the franchise.

We will see I guess, if you want a great game I wouldn’t wait!

#3707 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok, as everyone is helping explain code to slower individuals like my self. Can someone please explain (in simpleton terms lol) what these circled items do and how do you collect them? With the help of others I have figured out most of the game code but these still have me baffled. Thanks!!
[quoted image]

Aren’t those your nine pieces of whatever that you collect by hitting the red arrows?

#3908 5 years ago

Smoked translucent for me as well!

#3933 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Deeper at the edges for protection and clear. Would clear not show the RGB GI better than coloured or smoke?
If anyone already has the vector files for these I could run off my own. I just have a small CNC but it works. Making the files is possible of course but that would save me time

I don’t think smoked translucent would be any worse at letting light through than red or any of the other crazy colors.

The smoked translucent style has become quite popular with led automotive lighting housings so I think it could work.

The neons and flashy don’t look like something that fits the style of the art.

2 weeks later
#4934 5 years ago

More pics of these blades please!

#5236 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The build date of the LE that I'm set to have delivered is 2/11. Do you guys think that's ok to go with or I should wait for a later build date? Another owner with a build date of 2/4 noticed that the subway fix was already done to his game from the factory. Just wondering if there's anything else I should wait for? I'm not even sure if I can get a later build date at this point.

I wouldn’t worry about shit like this. My games was built in early October and believe it or not have had zero issues with the subway and I have well over 1000 games played now.

DO IT!

#5286 5 years ago

Any word on 1.0 code?

Anything new expected to be added?

#5299 5 years ago

Some of my wants for future code are

Attract mode pirate music/talk perhaps yo ho yo ho a Pirates life for me.
Something more to happen with the Bayou and depths scoops other than obscure scoring shit
Polish to the graphics and increased fan fare of the wizard modes.
Some more action shots of the Flying Dutchman, give me some triple cannons!

That’s about all, really nothing crazy

#5306 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

They can't add yo ho yo ho pirates life for me due to licensing constraints.

I knew they couldn’t touch any of the soundtrack from the movies but didn’t realize this was unattainable as well.

#5317 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The only option to the Pirates life melody is to call #LTG and he will hum it to you over the phone. FYI his sound clarity sounds better after noon as he’s not a morning guy. Lol

Lol, I prefer a drunken Pirates life melody... can he handle that request?

You have to admit though if it were possible to have this In attract mode say once every 15-20 minutes, this would be pretty darn sweet. Wouldn’t even need the whole song.

I’d be happy with any kind of Pirate sounds in attract mode, game needs something to lure you in.

#5319 5 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

That was always one of the coolest things about the line for Pirates at Walt Disney World. You walk by a little cave entrance where you can hear pirates digging and talking. I remember being blown away by that as a kid in the ‘70s. And the coolness never did wear off.
And this sort of addition to the game doesn't even require hiring actors. Look at the Raven in Munsters. In house talent.

Agree... it could be Jack, Eric and Keith singing the damn song in Pirate accent.

Come on guys...DO IT!

#5324 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I’m interested in this also. So far I’ve just used Novus 1 which is a cleaner, not really a wax. As I understand it Novus 2 and 3 and polishes which are abrasive for taking out scratches.

One grand Blitz wax is what I use and is generally highly regarded on pinside.

#5329 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I just got a tub of it. Are getting all the lids off like breaking into ft Knox?

I personally haven’t had any issues with the lid. I think it’s one of these situations where once it’s threaded on out of alignment it jacks it all up.

Just be careful to screw it on properly.

#5331 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Wizard mist n shine is a fantastic cleaner. I like it better than Novus 1 and I believe it’s JJP approved.
As for a wax; I’ve used mothers carnuba wax in the past but it’s so dang messy. I hear blitz is great too but is also messy and leaves residue chunks of wax in crevices also. A high end meticulous collector turned me on to collinite 845 which I’ve been using since. It’s super easy and leaves no residue or white chunks. For home use only pins that I’ve purchased NIB, I find it to be perfect and I only wax once or twice a year, and use wizards mist n shine in between.
amazon.com link »

If your getting chunks with Blitz your laying it down way too heavy, little bit goes a long way with this stuff.

1 week later
#5735 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well, the fork already has a locking mech. Any time the fork is up, chest should be open and vice versa.
So if we could somehow tie an open/close mechanism to the fork we’re golden.

I’d like to see this mod happen as well. The removal of this bothered me more than the discgate!

1 week later
#6029 4 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

If there is demand, I can't see why they wouldn't build more... Unless there is little profit margin (which I hope at $9500 there is a healthy margin). This "almost out of parts" thing doesn't make sense to me... I'm guessing they had to order more parts for all the runs of WoZ.
I personally think this "POTC is/may be done" stuff was to create a fear of shortage to drive sales.
POTC is a great game, and people are realizing that. My prediction... We'll see at least one more build between new games or on the second line.
FYI - I didn't watch the presentation, so I'm taking what was said by Jack from what others have posted.

I’ll say with about 99.99% certainty that the margin isn’t healthy and if this is true, they can have all the demand in the world and it would still make little sense to make more without a price hike to pad the margin.

It’s a shame because it’s a great game.

JJP really really needs to get over the hump to build 2 new games per year and it will mitigate this problem and Should slightly lower overall costs to the end user, as long as they don’t get greedy!

#6031 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yup, that's what I'm thinking it is. POTC may simply be too expensive for JJP to build. I wouldn't be surprised if a year from now at TPF 2020 we hear about a Black Pearl Limited Edition that costs $11,500.

Well, if that comes to fruition I think it will be another collector edition very limited 100-200 with an even higher price tag than the current CE. I’m not advocating this but as you can see with this Woz offering, it needs to be financially sound for them to do it. If woz is now 11500, then a new pirates edition will likely be even higher.

#6065 4 years ago

Anyone know if JJP will be keeping parts on hand for future repairs?

#6106 4 years ago

Dumb question regarding the bottom sling posts.

For those considering changing to different size post, couldn’t a piece of Mylar be cut and placed below the original post to prevent digging into clear coat?

#6123 4 years ago

Anyone know if there is any indication of how many ships you have sunk and do they progressively score more?

Also, if you sink a ship while playing curse of the black pearl mb which is difficult, any super jackpot or bonus given? I managed to pull this off and didn’t notice anything happen because the jackpot animations for the other balls seemed to cancel out the act/animation of sinking the ship.

#6173 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I ordered the standard single ring clear posts.

Do you have a link? You replacing all or just the lower?

#6175 4 years ago

thanks, I’m torn...not sure I like how they look on this game.

#6180 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Why would the starposts be less prone to chipping?

Bigger footprint

#6358 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I finally got around to fixing the issue with the ball bouncing out rather than into the map hole. I replaced the deflector with the extended version, adjusted the deflector position, bent the cliffy slightly to keep it flush, and applied new double-stick adhesive. Not sure which of those resolved the problem but the ball drops perfectly now. Side note; when I originally installed the cliffy it was lifting slightly on the right side because as it turns out, the original factory playfield protector around the hole was not installed well and peeled up (I've since removed it).
I also added clear washers to the base of the sling posts (second pic) - not sure if this is necessary but it was an easy precaution against the narrow posts damaging the playfield over time.[quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you find the clear washers, I think I like that look better than the star posts.

#6360 4 years ago

What is the clear disc on the tortuga hole scoop designed for?

#6496 4 years ago

So JJP is really out of disc decals?

I’d like to have an extra as well.

#6703 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I'm making a mod for POTC... this will replace the star map. This mod will just hang off the star map, and it will include a screen about the same size as the one featured in the Hobbit game.
It will feature a 3D print cover for the screen, and show clips from the movie. I'm not selling the video just the mod which will feature a screen and player. All you do is pop in a mini SD card and play the whole movie if you want.
We're going to mock up an awesome set of clips, we do CGI work, video production for the amusement attractions we build World Wide. So this will be easy... I was going to do the same thing for ACDC but rather 3D print a stage that holds a screen.
I'll have it to show within the next couple of weeks. Its going to be pretty neat.
This will finally end the whole issue of no film clips.

This could be pretty cool, looking forward to seeing it.

#6799 4 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

The mylar for the lock bar keeps your rails from scratching.
I believe the rounded mylar is for the chapter start area.

Pretty sure the curved Mylar is for up on the pearl where it comes out of vuk, it fits there perfectly. I’m assuming this is the one your talking about. I cut my own for the chapter start since I didn’t see a piece big enough supplied.

#6865 4 years ago

This has me wondering if it’s over tightened posts or even loose posts that are moving excessively when ball hits it?

On the flipside, if it’s truly soft clear coat it makes me hesitant to put star posts down, might widen the damage/rippling around base.

#7247 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Yes - mine is exactly the same. It's that way intentionally so that you can make the canon shot with either flipper.

This is absolutely not true. Per Frank@JJP and the various streams from Eric they should be the same and parallel to the gate/rails behind flipper. The cannon shot is still achievable from both flippers.

Play it however you like though.

#7290 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Yeah it would be so much better if you had to read over 7000 posts before you could ask a question

Agree with you and wouldn’t really be feasible for a quick pop up issue.

I try to utilize the search function before asking, sticky’s would help at the top of thread or a dedicated thread as previously mentioned and in the works.

Will this be the first game to require a dedicated fix thread?

#7308 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I'm surprised you agree with me when you upvoted his post . This is basically a fix it thread with a sprinkling of gameplay talk through it . It would be easier to start up let's talk about pirates gameplay thread . This is by far the best place to come to try to get problems resolved , some issues may come up over and over but for the person posting it is the first time for them .

Upvoted it because he did raise a good point. Doesn’t irritate me having it all here though. Just funny when you see 70 new posts in a day you think something major happening.

#7311 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I use these for all my games. Work great. https://ballbaron.com/product/pinball-carbon/
You can't use the super shiny or ninja chrome in games that have magnets. It even says that in the description of the ninja chrome balls on the ball baron site.

It’s not that you can’t use them but just expect magnetism at some point. I change them out every 500 or so games and have yet to see any magnetic issues within this number of games and I have them in all my machines.

They are by far the best looking ball available and quite durable. Still look good after a bunch of games.

#7320 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Wow! That's quite a few games. The number of balls would easily be in the mid thousands as well.
Interesting...

Not saying they all last 500 games but they look great and when they magnetize swap them...no big deal.

I buy them in bulk so I always have new ones on hand, really a minor issue.

#7357 4 years ago

Since we are back to discussing gameplay, I asked this a while back and don’t recall ever figuring it out.

Is there a counter that shows ships sunk, is scoring for each ship progressive and if you manage to sink one during black pearl mb(very difficult) is this a jackpot of some sorts? I accomplished this but due to the main mb’s Jackpot animations being displayed, sinking of the ship at this time was a non event from what I could tell. Think I sunk 5 or 6 ships during this particular game.

Just curious if anyone else has done this?

#7359 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

No counter that I know of, but yes it is a jackpot when sunk during multiball.

I thought it was a jackpot, it’s hard to pull off without draining multiple balls. I’m hoping for some additional fanfare for this. You don’t even get the normal animation when sinking a ship, really a non event for how damn difficult it is to execute.

#7362 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

That shot alone should be worth a million points. It needs a really cool animation and callout when you make that during multiball!!!!!!!!!

Yeah- first time I had a chance at this I think my blinders came on and drained 3-4 balls at once...lol

Seemed like a satisfying accomplishment with little reward.

#7515 4 years ago
Quoted from jGraffix:

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Flipper Toppers
https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/jjp-potc

Very nice, any pics of the white or wood with red rubber?

#7688 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just ordered some One Grand Blitz wax the other day. Been hearing a lot of good things about it on here.

Best wax there is and it plays fast fast fast!
One complaint is it’s a bit flaky but a little goes a long way and I keep a small handheld shop vac handy for picking up the flakes/wax dust.

#8038 4 years ago

Anyone try Mylar under the posts rather than washers? Don’t have this issue yet but since star posts are reportedly digging and and the washers look odd maybe Mylar would mitigate the issue a bit.

#8115 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Automated is 100% legit. Mike Dadonna is the owner and good friend of mine. If anyone needs any help or has trouble with communications for any reason please feel free to PM me and I can help you. I speak with Mike almost every day and he is one of the best in the biz.
I have an LE paid in full on the next batch at Automated.

It’s also my understanding that Automated is JJP’s largest distro and it’s not even close.

#8158 4 years ago

Question for all the mod makers, anyone thinking of doing side armor for this machine? I think it could look great.

#8164 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok intrigued but not sure what side armor is??

Rails - lollipop rails - protect and look good

#8165 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I'm guessing laser cut side rails like Batman

Bingo - imagine a laser etched cutlass or pistols. Could be pretty slick. Like ghostbusters and Star Wars as well.

#8169 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Just saw your post , cutlasses and skull and crossbones probably be the best and like lighted mods would be great if they were backlit

I agree, it would be a must have if made!

#8308 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Check out this update... going to add several more clips from the film but just making some custom cg fx. Also threw in something for Road Show.

I like this idea however not sure I want to get rid of the twinkly lights.

Any possibility of a secondary location? Maybe a bracket to install behind the Devil’s Triangle above the maelstrom wireform area?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.
Decals
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
432 posts in this topic match your search for posts by psw757. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider psw757.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=psw757 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.