(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 43 hours ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (5 years ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (5 years ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (5 years ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (5 years ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (5 years ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (5 years ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzzz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3303 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

They look great. Guess my cabinet is tighter for some reason. I tried twice (repaired them and tried again). Oh well. Glad it is just mine.

I always you these, when lifting and lowering my Playfields. they prevent art blades and mirror blades from scratching and tearing. they work great!
https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

#3334 5 years ago

Any pictures of the shooter lane, and drain through outhole from the top side of the Playfield out there?

#3381 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Argh! troz - what happened to your great Pirates videos on Twitch?!

He has one on YouTube...

#3410 5 years ago

What is the general rule about unboxing and setting up a pin in cold weather? Can it be unboxed, setup with the legs. but don’t turn it on until room temperature?

Should the game be room temperature before it is moved after delivery, from a insulated garage into the house on a dolly?

#3411 5 years ago

Double post

#3415 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I can finally post my JJPOTC pin addition photo. I finally got around to installing the topper. Still some tweaking to do to get it right, but loving it! It's now on "the JJP side of the room".
[quoted image]

How tall is your JJPOTC with the topper installed?
My LE arrives tomorrow!

#3424 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Just measured - between 67 and 68 inches with the playfield at 6.5 degrees.

Thanks, but...68” from the floor, to the top of the topper can’t be right?

#3460 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Here is what I have done,
From Mod couple,
Dauntless railing
Canon cover
Pop bumper cover East India trading c one
Silencer kit for spinning disc
Numbered ship for coin door
@mustangpaul
Lighted leg protectors
@zitt
Lighted shooter housing
Mezel mods
Led kit for flipper area
I also added a external sub which is freaking AWESOME!!!!
I went this for powering all of my mods
https://www.pinballlife.com/8-way-power-splitter-board-for-stern-pinball-machines-using-whitestar-or-sam-operating-systems.html

How did you connect the external subwoofer to your POTC?

#3475 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I'm going to be adding a sub to my POTC the same way I did on my DI.
I added a 3.5mm "Y" splitter from the MB audio output jack in the backbox. Then I run a 3.5mm cable out to the sub with a 3.5mm to RCA Stereo pair adapter on the end.
Super clean. Sounds great. Easy peasy. The sub's crossover filters out the highs.
Nick "junky"

something like this?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LM0ZGK6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00

1 week later
#3959 5 years ago

Help with left upper black pearl flipper not working, after a couple dozen games on a NIB.
Is there a guide to remove the ship?

#3961 5 years ago

I can see a wire broke off the flipper coil at the solder joint...got her off the mount. now soldering time!

Update...job is done. Re-soldered all 6 points (3 per coil) then put heat shrink tubing on all 6 joints. this was still able to happen, even after the wires came zip tied to the coils from the factory.

1 week later
#4491 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I am actually thinking of trying my button in Star Trek on potc. I like the spring action better on Star Trek. If it fits I will order one from PBL.

Works like a champ, perfect fit and result...I tried this last nite.
Today I placed my order for an extra button via Pinball Life!
https://www.pinballlife.com/1-38-clear-pushbutton-for-stern-lockdown-bars.html

#4496 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

So is the solution for sticking gold buttons?
If so I may just grab one as a preventative measure.

Yes, this is the solution for the POTC sticky gold/
action button!
Stern’s button is of better quality and feel, and works perfectly.

#4537 5 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

[quoted image]

Does leaving the rubber off the post on the right outline (escape the locker). make it harder or easier to get back to the shooter lane! JJP has a extra rubber in the goodie bag...

#4538 5 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

I love the way mine looks, it has a really cool sheen in different lighting.[quoted image]

That looks sweet!

#4539 5 years ago

I love the way that darkened wood looks in the shooter lane!

#4554 5 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Hey all - I've noticed on my POTC that it's almost impossible to make the skill shot into the map hole and even harder if you hit the inner loop first. As the ball rolls around toward the flipper it doesn't ride the outside rail so it tends to be about a 1/2 inch away from the flipper. The shot into the hole requires flipping very early (toward to top of the flipper) and with the gap between the ball and the flipper there's not enough strength and the ball usually lobs into the gold targets. I've tried to make that skill shot hundreds of times and it almost never works. Making the inner loop is not problem. My game is level left/right and pitched a bit steeper than the default. Anyone else notice this with the skill shot?

How about a stronger shooter/manual plunger spring....Orange or Purple spring should make the ball hug that rail better.

#4617 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

It comes with red 3M double-sided tape however I wanted access to the hardware underneath, so I used velcro pieces instead. I did the same exact thing with the Mod couple's Kraken because I wanted to have access underneath that as well.

What kind, size, and color Velcro did you use? Is the Velcro color visible on the Kraken?

#4728 5 years ago

Stucky ball...one out of 100 plays. I am surprised it doesn’t happen more often in that area!

D1509E26-CE19-4FB9-B0F8-54D804D5D03D (resized).jpegD1509E26-CE19-4FB9-B0F8-54D804D5D03D (resized).jpeg
#4928 5 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Jack’s sword doesn’t get in the way?

His sword arm needs to be up, like in the picture I attached. that way he clears the glass, wire guide, and side cabinet.
I hot glued the hands, arms, run bottle, and sword in place...so, they stay the way I put them. and nothing goes flying off!

AF9727CB-199F-4BC2-85FE-E63EFC987BBA (resized).pngAF9727CB-199F-4BC2-85FE-E63EFC987BBA (resized).png

1 week later
#5580 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

@imagamejunky noticed my gold button was riding up too high. On examination I found that the rim that keeps it in place was worn, and only the screw was holding it in place.
It wasn’t a game breaker, but it added extra “throw” to the button and looked kinda wrong.
Tonight I replaced it with this part from pinball life:
https://www.pinballlife.com/1-38-clear-pushbutton-for-stern-lockdown-bars.html
It’s a perfect drop-in replacement. It needed no sanding, no lubrication, it just worked. It feels slightly different than the old one (it has a bit of a divot in the middle) but looks the same.

Did you add the screw from the old button, too the new push button? the one that makes contact with the switch...

#5582 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Many need it. Around the MAP hole most of our Mylar has bubbled. Just installed mine. Much better. Not easy to do. Did take a pic of the pivot points under the ship. That always seems to be a question.
[quoted image]

Did your game come with that magnet protector? if not, where did you get it? did you have to modify it to get it to fit?

#5734 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Make sure you don't have magnetized balls, which can slow or stop the ball in the trough so it doesn't get to home. You can use a steel paperclip to check.

I’ve had two sets of balls, from two different companies magnetize in POTC. will it ever end?

#5737 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Were they carbon steel or "chrome" balls?

I would have to research...but, one set was Ninja’s from Mezel mods. and the other set was from Titan pinball from a couple years back.

#5740 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ninja balls are a no-no in games with magnets. They even have a disclaimer on their page for them about it.
Basically, the "chrome" balls magnetize faster.

How bout these? they advertise resistance to residual magnetism...

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PB116-5

1 week later
#6024 5 years ago

Correct. For me it covered up any chipping that had happened. The original thin posts had an edge on it that dig into the playfield artwork and eventually chipped the playfield. I put nail polish on those spots to stop any further and this post over top. The color matches pretty well at least on the bottom posts but that is personal preference.

Did you replace all 6 posts under the 2 slings...or just the bottom 2 ?

#6044 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Thanks! Do you know his screen name?

Even better....call him!

A6461638-E429-434B-AF22-BCEA4016333B (resized).pngA6461638-E429-434B-AF22-BCEA4016333B (resized).png
#6067 5 years ago

For mine, just the bottom ones. The top was close but I caught it before it cut through. I put a clear coat on the top ones.

I have noticed, with potc... it is not easy to post pass with the factory posts. did you find it easier to post pass, with the addition of the star posts?

1 week later
#6440 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I was wanting to order one of those, but they don't ship to the USA

I just shot [email protected] an email requesting that he order and stock these.

Terry is cool like that...shoot him an email showing interest. and he will hook us up.

#6463 5 years ago
Quoted from mrs_mezelmods:

I will likely be picking up this part to offer on the site- we are now the official distributor of the Pinball Universe plastics in the US. Are others interested in it?
We installed the Pinball Universe playfield protector on our game this week- it is playing fantastic and looks fantastic. Only one small adjustment to the Black Pearl load magnet (in the orbit) to bring it flush with the protector. It took about 1.5 hours to install with our two techs. Worth the investment to keep the game in tip-top shape.

I’ll order one..

https://pu-parts.com/pirates-of-the-caribbean-cannon-shield

#6480 5 years ago
Quoted from mrs_mezelmods:

Not yet- will probably take about 2 weeks minimum.

Great, can you also order a bunch of the spinning disc decals? JJP’s site is out. I’ll buy 3 of them.
https://pu-parts.com/pirates-of-the-caribbean-spinning-disc-decal

#6503 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So JJP is really out of disc decals?
I’d like to have an extra as well.

Out of stock...

http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Parts/Pirates-of-the-Caribbean-Parts/

#6712 5 years ago
Quoted from ngg:

New problem......
Occasionally on a ball drained sdtm, the game does not recognize that the ball is gone and goes into search mode for the ball. I’d estimate that this happens 30% of the time on center drains.
Also, possibly related, at times there are issues with balls moving into position from the ball trough to the shooter lane. This has happened a few times during multiball.

This Marco item will resolve that issue.. your balls are magnetized, and get hung up in the metal trough. I had the same issue, and this resolved it.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-16809

#6760 5 years ago
Quoted from ngg:

Appreciate the help, thanks....
Why do we think so many of us out experiencing this magnetization issue?
I’ve had other games and I don’t think I’ve ever heard of this problem to such an extent.

I believe the culprit is the Star Map/Character select magnet. that magnet fires too long and makes the ball bounce around for an extended period of time. that is what I think is causing magnetization more easily... the Black Pearl loading magnet only fires for a second compared to the Star Map magnet.

I am trying these balls from Marco:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PB116-5

They are supposedly less likely to magnetize.
I’ve only have them in for a few days...so far, so good...I will report back in a couple of weeks. 4 dollars a ball is pricey...they come in a 5 pack for 19.99

#6920 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Oh you're right!
Okay, has anyone put a Cliffy on for the Depths?

Yup, you can see it on the lip of “The Depths” hole. It’s under the Playfield protector...

3C2D490E-ABE5-4660-AB2E-CE23E4043806 (resized).jpeg3C2D490E-ABE5-4660-AB2E-CE23E4043806 (resized).jpeg
#6924 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Oh, nice work! Did you have to loosen or uninstall much to get it in there?
How do you like your playfield protector? Was that a factory installation or your own?

Just slide it in from the top. a little thin 3M double face tape on the inner Cliffy, would be a good idea.

JJP doesn’t install playfield protectors on POTC. so, you’ll have to do it yourself, or pay a tech to do it. I like the protection they give.

#6992 5 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Anybody know how much this machine weighs? I cant find that anywhere (though now that I think of it may be in the manual...)

Well it’s 350lbs shipped...minus the pallet and box, should put it around 320ish

1 week later
#7522 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

I just shot [email protected] an email requesting that he order and stock these.
Terry is cool like that...shoot him an email showing interest. and he will hook us up.

It’s here...
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=POTCCS_UK

03D1A93B-6636-4DE9-BBE9-286B724777A3 (resized).png03D1A93B-6636-4DE9-BBE9-286B724777A3 (resized).png
#7524 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Is anyone else thinking of moving the I-lane post inward?
Those drains are just brutalizing me tonight.

I just put a larger post rubber on, instead of moving the post. less dramatic than moving the post, and it made the “I” lane a little tighter.
Also, another plus to this method, is no potential mark left on the playfield from moving the post...

#7526 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

These were a little more difficult than usual (Sterns for me) due to 1) the inner hardware piece for the backbox hinge needing to be removed on both sides in order to get the pinblade flat and 2) the comparatively tight fitting playfield.
I used the wet method and definitely recommend it. Able to lift the playfield with no worries now too - these pinblades are heavy duty vinyl.

So, the precut hole on the Pingraffix blades was not large enough to go over the hinge nut? would it be possible to make the hole on the pinblade larger before the install to prevent the need to remove the nut?

#7527 5 years ago
Quoted from jGraffix:

Pirates of the Caribbean GameBlades™
https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/jjp-potc
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Do these have a pre-cut hole for the hinge nut?

#7529 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Me and another guy on here just installed it over the nut without taking it out or cutting a hole. You can't tell at all and it looks flat even with the lights on.

So, Pingraffix’s POTC JJP blades, do not come with a pre-cut hinge nut hole?

1 month later
#9298 4 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

I second that. This would be a great addition.
I am thinking this might happen more often when the magnets are “hot” and need to cool down. When I get an SDTM it usually is with little to no pull of the magnet from post. There are times there is a lot of pull and other times there isn’t much; more often after a few games and multiballs. Other root cause could be timing; the ball hung up by the post while magnet is “pulling” due to ball sitting low against the rubber (ie worn rubber).

I 3rd that motion!

3 weeks later
#10250 4 years ago

My friend, and former back-to-back Nevada state pinball champion... got to all 5 wizard modes last week! and I witnessed the whole game. (Game was set to 5 balls)
F0CFA9CB-697C-4351-9973-71FD91A0860F (resized).jpegF0CFA9CB-697C-4351-9973-71FD91A0860F (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzzz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=pinzzz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.