(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 16,220 posts
  • 543 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Rdoyle1978
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,747 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pirate 2 (resized).jpg
pirate 1 (resized).jpg
art of pinball banner 1080 (resized).jpg
20210101_182143 (resized).jpg
20201112_193034 (resized).jpg
B1ECD902-8371-49E3-BCCB-2F9AE6D99E98 (resized).jpeg
20201230_145428 (resized).jpg
20201230_143155 (resized).jpg
20201230_143357 (resized).jpg
1CB0C36B-7CAD-4DD4-9F02-804C39F6EFFE (resized).jpeg
more bs (resized).JPG
bs (resized).JPG
irl540 (resized).JPG
IMG_3646 (resized).jpg
IMG_3643 (resized).jpg
OLD (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (2 years ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (2 years ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (2 years ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (2 years ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (2 years ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (2 years ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (1 year ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (1 year ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (1 year ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballtilt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11073 1 year ago

I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch, but I am supposed to be getting a nib se from a distributor this month. Beyond excited because I love the game.

What was the final resolution for the skinny posts clear issue? Should I pull all the sling posts and sand any edges, then put some clear washers down? And I heard jjp is offering half price playfields, is that available to anyone or do you have to demonstrate the clear bunching issue? Any other must do things before putting plays on it? Appreciate any input

#11168 1 year ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Yep. Your printed manuals are superb and are as much a keeper as the machine itself is. Kind of go "hand and glove" together. I hope the 'bean counters' see the light on the issue and make the customers' and the JJP tech staffs' lives a bit easier. Yeah, online may be a work around way to deal with the need for a manual but I don't have a PC by my machines and the manuals don't display all that well on my smart phone. Hence, I personally have a need and I have used my printed manuals many times.

Use the manual that is on your machine

#11179 1 year ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I'm gonna see if I can make it do a POTC logo or something on boot. Think JJP will hire me?
Humm.. I wonder if the signals are there for the starmap on the SE versions. Maybe I could read those with the arduino... heh. So an upgraded starmap for everyone!

I love what you're doing, but just an FYI. Jersey Jack got really upset about patent infringement and copyright issues in the special when lit podcast issue recently, said the community needs to knock if off or the results won't be pretty. Jjp logo may be a bit to far

#11186 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

At what point during the podcast did JJP discuss copyright issues?

I said podcast, I meant the Wonka stream.

it's towards the end of the call with Jack

1 week later
#11329 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Ok fixed wave and chipping in “I” lane[quoted image]

On a related topic, if the game coming to me hasn't been played since it was built and tested, this issue would be less likely to happen right? My thinking behind that is the clear coat should have hardened further in the few months since the thing was built so those posts haven't been getting hammered by a steel ball. I still plan to read up on the instructions here and add the washers under the worst posts.

Thanks

#11331 1 year ago
Quoted from AJB4:

Is there any more information as to whether or not JJP will be releasing a Special Edition of POTC in the near future?

Yes, there is actually. Jack said it definitely won't happen in 2019 on a special when lit Wonka stream. That's the latest

1 month later
#11836 1 year ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Well I got the lock bar on but holy shit that was a freaking tight fit. While sliding the glass up it looked as if something isn't square. Def not the art blades, but good suggestion. I had to really push hard up on the right side of the glass and just barely shimmied the lock bar down in place.
Going to power her on tomorrow. To late to play test and troubleshoot anything tonight.
Just fyi this is one of the last LE's from the initial run. Born on date 4/29/19. Curious to see how it pans out. I recently moved my standard to my future location. That machine had an Oct. 2018 born date.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Be careful...if the edge of that tempered glass is against the lock down bar metal striker, you're asking for shattered glass from someone banging the glass or hard nudging. Tempered glass edges and metal don't mix

2 weeks later
#11963 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Ah I misread. Thought he was talking about the chest spitting out too many balls at once. Mea culpa.

Has anyone had to trim the foam in the chest? At first my game was fine, then the chest release wasn't opening enough so I bent it some. Now the balls aren't rolling, I think due to the foam. I was going to trim a little off with a scalpel or razor blade

1 week later
#12056 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Why are you guys removing the mylar though? I just unboxed mine and I noticed some hints or what it looks like mylar in some areas. Are you guys removing that? Why?
I wanted to install better mylar but not sure if the factory one needs to be removed first? I wanted to install mylar on my slings, and all the kickouts just like I did with my old Metallica. It worked out great. I do plan on removing the BP very soon to install cliffy's, dremel out the bracket that sticks out of the loop ball guide, and all that other good stuff. Besides cliffy's what else did you guys do back there with the BP off the game? I also plan on reflowing solder to the BP wires just to be on the safe side.

What is this loop ball guide bracket you speak of? I get very slow feeds through the inner loop and suspect something may need adjusted - could be this?

#12179 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Will the game function without the BP hooked up? I want to see what the hell is going on with the VUK and getting the ship out of the way would help a great deal. I want to hit the port royal shot without the BP on the playfield. Possible?

I wouldn't want to find out. I would suggest setting it on a pillow inside the cabinet with it hooked up

1 month later
#12560 1 year ago

Has anyone received their new playfield yet? I'm trying to be patient, but it's well past the three weeks Jack told me

3 weeks later
#12874 1 year ago

The se is going to be very appealing to those concerned about price. Each person is different, but if I could have the same game for ~$1500 less I couldn't pass that up (and I didn't cause I own an SE).

I agree with everyone saying the code is marvelous as is. It would be nice if they added the final wizard and these other extremely small things, but this game is 100% as is and needs nothing for me to enjoy it

3 weeks later
#13086 1 year ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

Just asking, has anyone got their replacement playfield? Was promised weeks ago it should be here, but no where in sight as of yet.

Nope. I fear it was a ploy to get the pinball media off their back and people buying their games again. I'm still hopeful, but they definitely missed their target delivered personally from Jack

1 week later
#13159 1 year ago
Quoted from tatapolus:

Anybody can confirm that they received a new Pirates play field due to pooling? Anybody in Europe? Thx

Noone to my knowledge has received one that they didn't buy themselves

2 weeks later
#13327 1 year ago
Quoted from Wanderers:

Thankyou, yes I understand that but when you’ve collected all the characters is there nothing that tells you so?

It does keep track of your souls, but it doesn't show that to the player except during liars dice and maybe high scores. Souls are characters collected. Maybe next update they'll include it in the screen

#13364 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I think it's fine for anyone to state their opinion on the code updates & lack of communication from JJP whether they're annoyed by it or not, but nobody should be okay saying someone needs to show proof of anything to anyone to get a feature that was described in the marketing material and is still not in the game over a year later with no communication from JJP about an expected timeframe for it getting done.
I don't think this is nitpicking or searching for something to complain about. I think any complaining about a lack of code updates is pretty reasonable at this point, and JJP has earned a bit of criticism by not delivering what they said when they said they would and by not communicating about it. The more time passes the less likely the code is to get done as other business priorities and issues arise. Other projects will take priority or they'll have personnel turnover, all of which will continually push the POTC code timeline back further. They said the game code would be rules complete at launch and it wasn't. It's now over a year later and JJP is still not even discussing a timeline. They posted a list of new character traits for the new code in April and now we're at the end of December with only silence since then. I think it's fair for that to annoy some people.
For anyone who doesn't think it's a big deal, that's absolutely fine but it doesn't entitle you to trivialize or minimize the way someone else is feeling about it. There's no need police people's criticisms of JJP on this. Why should it bother you that anyone is aggravated about the lack of code updates? What stake do you have in how they feel? I don't care that you weren't bothered by chipping playfields and that you aren't bothered by the lack of code updates. I felt no need to post anything in reply criticizing your opinions on those things or anything else. I don't see why you still very often feel the need to try to dismiss other people's thoughts on those things though.

Because if the criticism becomes rampant, the value of their game will suffer. That's my guess.

#13446 1 year ago
Quoted from Time:

I'd imagine they'd pump out a special edition asap and cash in on the price craze sooner than later. How long on Jack's line would it really take to make 100 or 200 more? They'd sell out immediately if announced.

Yep, they almost have to at this point with the prices these are going for. The business case wrote itself. If anyone wants one, get in touch with your jjp distributor. That is what Jack said to do to get another run to happen

1 week later
#13600 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Fellow pirates.
I need help.
I've been spending the last 2 days reliving all my POTC history...doing all the tweaks and bulletproofing steps we all know and love to my new CE.
Cleaning, rubbers, wireloom, waxing, Cliffys, spinner leveling, shooter lane adjustments, spotlight replacements and bulletproofing, Tortuga scoop aiming, Chest fork tweaking, you name it I've done it over the last 2 nights.
It is almost where I want it, save for one issue...and the LE has the same issue.
The damn Depths VUK.
Frequently, the ball shoots out of the VUK - seemingly harder than usual - and it seems to hit the one way gate at the I lane like it's a wall, then drains.
When this happens it makes you want to quit pinball.
And both of my machines are doing it, so I am stumped.
I considered, maybe the Depths Cliffy is the cause and is putting some kind of spin on the ball? That one is a clip-on so I removed it - it did not make an appreciable difference.
Of all the issues we've troubleshot together, surely someone has come up with a fix for this one?
I would truly love to solve this on both machines.

I hated that about the game when I had mine. The fix I found was to lower the power of the vuk as low as it would possibly go. I agree, when that would happen I would shut the machine off and walk away. I had no cliffy in mine and it was happening. Another thing you could try is loosening the inlanes and messing with the geometry slightly before tightening again

#13637 1 year ago

Sold. Thanks for the interest everyone.

2 weeks later
#13881 11 months ago

Anyone looking to pick up one of these new pirates playfields? Jjp was kind enough to send me one from this new batch based on the issues my game had. I have since sold my game and as much as I'd like the wall art, I like green rectangular paper art more.

I'm pricing it based off what CPR is charging for their good playfields, so looking for $850 + shipping. Again, the new batch which does not have the dimpling or pooling issue any longer. Still unopened in the box, see the potc pooling thread for pictures from someone who has opened their playfield from the new batch. Thanks

#13884 11 months ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

I bet the new owner of your machine that no longer has a warranty would appreciate it.

He's welcome to buy it, it wasn't part of our deal. He was happy with the condition of the game and I didn't even know for sure if I would be getting one of these from JJP

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Vienna, VA
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballtilt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside