(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,868 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by gunstarhero
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (5 years ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (5 years ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (5 years ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (5 years ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (5 years ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (5 years ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pdxmonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#108 5 years ago

After playing the production model at VFO I never knew the chest acts as a physical ball lock.

Pretty neat as this was disabled in the prototypes.

2 weeks later
#193 5 years ago

Where do you download this new code?

I’m missing wizard modes!

Edit whoops appears available Thursday

1 month later
#466 5 years ago
Quoted from goren1818:

After a year of waiting and starting this thread, my game has finally arrived! I am LOVING it! Thank you to all who made this possible!
Has anyone had this one problem? When my ball gets kicked out of the tortuga hole, it usually hits the wireform that is right above it. Adjusting the coil strength appears to make no difference. Does anyone have a fix?
[quoted image]

Is the bracket with the two screws near the pop bumper firmly screwed on?

Mine was loose and ejected funny.

1 week later
#685 5 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

Not like this game. I've bought all three JJP games NIB and never had problems like people are seeing on POTC

Luck of the draw, I didn’t have any problems with Potc

#701 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Luck of the draw, I didn’t have any problems with Potc

Just setup a second game.

Needed the link on right flipper tightened, and a few adjustments in the settings.
15min later playing great.

#710 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Just setup a second game.
Needed the link on right flipper tightened, and a few adjustments in the settings.
15min later playing great.

Spoke too soon..
Three switches aren’t working.

How do you lift the mpf?

20F17F62-565C-4420-A40F-366BBFA90B26 (resized).jpeg20F17F62-565C-4420-A40F-366BBFA90B26 (resized).jpeg
#712 5 years ago

Ha found the bastard

6521D1D1-4CB2-4C63-90EF-9D4A82BAC7C4 (resized).jpeg6521D1D1-4CB2-4C63-90EF-9D4A82BAC7C4 (resized).jpeg
#787 5 years ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

I really want to purchase an LE, but I'm a Simpleton...definately not Mr. Goodwrench. I'm reading posts where guys are zip tying the ball lock (treasure chest) due to product arriving with missing parts. The frustration and time spent Jimmy Rigging your brand new machines is disheartening to read. Weekends ear marked for fun...overshadowed by disappointment.
I understand parts shift during shipping, but missing parts on a new game is inexcusable.
My advice to JJP is simple. Fire Helen Keller, and employ competent Quality Control. That person should have only one job. End of rant.

Totally disagree, I’ve had Sterns nib with way more work. X-men was over two months after I opened it to play first game. Iron Maiden was missing parts out of the box too.
But then again GOT was insert balls and ready to play, WozRR same.Honestly it’s kind of luck of the draw.

Want to increase your odds for a problem free games? Wait for a further down the production line game or buy a HUO game.
As well as buy from a local good distributor so someone can come help you in person.

#806 5 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

Fair point. My counter is; did you pay $9500 for X-men? *grin*
I'm getting ready to lock down on $12.5k for the CE and if I have to deal with broken wires, mechs not working, etc.. I'm going to be really disappointed.
Granted, I am going to go to JJP and pick up the game myself with the hope that my game will be sitting there, legs on where I can play it for a bit and go over every inch of the game before driving back to a distributor free location.

Tbl was 8500 without shipping and had more tweaks needed than all my JJPs and Spookys games combined.
It’s not so much the cost as it is every game could need to tweaked. BM66 SLE have had issues too, their node boards blew too.
Sure I’d love to see games all arrive perfect, but till that happens i will manage my expectations and stand by companies that support their products.
Which both JJP and Stern do.

#839 5 years ago

Setting reply to free game is an adjustment I recommend for home use.
The crack and animation are very rewarding.

#899 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

There are two upper switches from what I see in the matrix and using map in game.
The upper switch works fine but the lower one under the pearl ramp I just see a piece of white plastic, no switch.

Can you take a picture of yours?
That doesn’t seem right.

#906 5 years ago

You likely have a broken wire to one of those switches. Look for a green wire that broke.

2 weeks later
#1312 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Thousands released vs dozens.
What are you talking about.
I own both IMDNLE and FullTLE. i am an owner of both, are you?

Oh I spent way more tech time on IMLE versus two Potc.
Just my experience

#1503 5 years ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

The tortuga VUK is very inconsistent as it sometimes it shoots it the right flipper and next time a strong shot to the left flipper. I cranked up the coil setting to 30 with those results and had it down to 8 which gave a better consistent weak shot to the right flipper. Anyone having the same issue. Also, looks like a protector is needed for the Tortuga hole.....
[quoted image]

If you bend the metal tab down towards the pf the eject will be a lot smoother.
I have my power set at 22.

I would love to see a Cliffy here.

1 week later
#1955 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

I just can’t get through my head the behavior. Do the JJP coils work like the old Bally ones? So button is pressed and high power coil kicks in and the flipper goes up. Hits the EOS, and adds in the low power coils. Either low power never engaged (short in the coil connection) or is not enough (poor solder joint). Flipper comes back down, releases EOS, bypasses low power coil and high power kicks it back up trips the EOS and somehow low power magically is enough now. Just don’t understand that.

My money is on the flipper button switch

1 month later
#3010 5 years ago

Also in Frankenstein

1 month later
#4522 5 years ago

My back ones are about halfway up

2 weeks later
#5788 5 years ago

Greatest
Of
All
Time

1 week later
#6131 5 years ago

My map hole is fine after thousand of plays... but my tortuga hole is in need of a protector.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.00
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pdxmonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=pdxmonkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.