(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 13,164 posts
  • 479 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 minutes ago by arzoo
  • Topic is favorited by 221 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,302 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

shipbottle (resized).JPG
0F14393B-75AA-4034-96D9-EEF6D7154881 (resized).jpeg
6F2AA754-3952-4687-8141-733553E9D502 (resized).jpeg
D162E8A3-BB9C-4B0D-B02E-8FCC98BC9ED1 (resized).jpeg
2E77DEEB-B62E-4630-9C45-8A629A1884D6 (resized).jpeg
afmr10 (resized).jpg
D18D88D1-E5BA-4EC3-9B37-D018C11651C5 (resized).jpeg
D7FB3373-16ED-4F63-80F6-D67037B0A8BD (resized).jpeg
DB16933A-A530-4814-8A13-2C4D5482A968 (resized).jpeg
CF646859-E929-4F8D-AD3A-B265F64372FB (resized).jpeg
74593A2E-1DA7-4EDF-A6B2-37E2269F403D (resized).jpeg
B3EC1B63-94A1-4DF9-B51D-8AE1F11DB097 (resized).jpeg
272A263A-6416-430D-97A5-C17D831E0F02 (resized).jpeg
DFAD19C5-EA71-4744-97EC-CBCDCD4175CD (resized).jpeg
DSC00679 (resized).JPG
DSC00142 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (1 year ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (1 year ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (1 year ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (1 year ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (11 months ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (10 months ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (9 months ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (9 months ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (9 months ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (8 months ago)

Post #6631 Twitch Video - How to Remove and Reinstall Black Pearl Upper Playfield Posted by KevInBuffalo (8 months ago)

Post #6655 Mylar bubble at jjPotC Map hole. Posted by thc666 (8 months ago)

Post #6834 Titan ring sizes Posted by AUKraut (8 months ago)

Post #8145 Positives and Negatives for each character Posted by EaglePin (7 months ago)

Post #8288 Rubber Sizing and Location on Playfield Posted by f3honda4me (7 months ago)

Post #8602 How to see pictures the game has taken Posted by f3honda4me (7 months ago)

Post #8625 Version .99 release notes as of 5/6/2019 Posted by pinball_keefer (7 months ago)

Post #8709 How to backup settings before installing an update Posted by LTG (7 months ago)

Post #9273 Version .99 Character Plus and Minus Benefits Posted by pinball_keefer (6 months ago)

Post #11892 Clear concise video on removing the black pearl Posted by rlslick (3 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oneangrymo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9595 6 months ago

Hey guys I’m interested in a potc , does the standard have that starry field in the background. ?

#9598 6 months ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

I'm in the same boat interested in the standard but wondering is there such difference in gameplay and features worth waiting for a LE to pop up. I read theres no RGB on the playfield or star field.
I really dont care about the star field but does the RGB make a difference? Does RGB playfield mean all those changing colors on the arrow indicators will be just white?

yeah Im just going to wait until something pops up. I learned my lesson that a desired pin always shows up in the listing at some point, always.

#9601 6 months ago

Did POTC ever come with radcals?

#9607 6 months ago
Quoted from heni1977:

zaphx I am liking the radcals, but wondering what the installation is like and what kind of edge you have on the radcals. Could you take a side pic showing the thickness of these? I am guessing they just lay over the decal?

yes can you share how you did this? I wanted radcals on my woz rr, do they just go right on top of decal?

#9706 6 months ago

Finally found a CE for sale near me. Can't wait to get it! I haven't really watched the movie, but Im a fan of the pirate theme. Maybe I will add a goonies mod.

1 week later
#10136 6 months ago

my CE I got has radcals. Did all CE have radcals? Is there any way I can damage them by screwing in the legs too tight? I thought I heard a crack when I screwed in one of the bolts and I didn't even do it that tight.
Thanks

#10137 6 months ago

Oh and also my topper is relatively noisy, not too bad, but audible. I love it, its awesome, is there any maintenance required on it?
Thanks

#10188 6 months ago

The Radcals on POTC CE are great, but they aren't as shiny and blinding like the Dialed in CEs.

#10268 6 months ago

Does anyone know if the CE came with a certificate or not?
Thanks

#10369 6 months ago

Hey guys I’m new to potc and I just played a few games . The ball has gotten stuck three times already right after launch right under the black pearl somewhere . Search function does nothing . Then I have to behind the machine lift it a bit then it pops out from the right door on the black pearl . Anyone have a fix for this ?

#10372 6 months ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Adjust your playfield pitch to 6.5 to 7 degrees and make sure it’s level left to right, otherwise the ball hangs up in the subway and doesn’t reach the VUK.

I bought this from a friend the pitch is literally like all the way up . I never seen a pin set like that . Hind legs all the way front legs short all the way . Is that normal ?

#10378 6 months ago

Hey guys so again new to POTC I have only played a few games. I noticed that my treasure chest is wide open, is that the way its supposed to be?

#10385 6 months ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Sadly they removed the open / close functionality

Oh weally?? For like all models in production?

#10402 5 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

They just sent this out on the support list for JJP. It offers a kit to minimize damage from the sling posts and a half price offer for a replacement (spare) playfield.
-------------------------------------------
Dear Jersey Jack Pinball Fans:
It appears that some Pirates of the Caribbean™ playfields have an issue at the base of the plastic posts, which may damage the playfield.
To help prevent damage, JJP suggests adding new Nylon washers under the plastic posts. You may request the post update kit: 51-100072-00, via our website, free of charge.
In further support, JJP will sell an unpopulated production playfield at 50% off the retail price, plus shipping. Installation costs are the responsibility of the owner.
For International Update requests, please contact your distributor.
For domestic update requests follow the instructions below.
How do I request a Pirates of the Caribbean™ Post Update kit?
1. Go to our website. https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/
2. Select the Support tab > then Support Form http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Support-Form/
3. Enter all Contact information and the Game Serial number.
4. Select CASE TYPE: POTC Post Update Kit
5. Select CASE ISSUE: Playfield Damage
6. Request: POTC Post Update kit: 51-100072-00
7. There is no charge for the Post Update kit
What is in the Update Kit?
30-009005-13 Single Star Poly Post, Clear Qty 6
92-100004-00 Washer, Flat, Nylon Black, 0.490 OD x 0.281 ID x 0.031 THK Qty 6
92-100005-00 Washer, Flat, Nylon Black, 0.750 OD x 0.443 ID x 0.032 THK Qty 6
How do I request a new Pirates of the Caribbean™ Playfield?
1. Follow the above instructions but for Cast Type Select POTC New Playfield Request
2. Select CASE TYPE: POTC New Playfield Request
3. Select CASE ISSUE Playfield Damage
4. The price for the unpopulated playfield is $550.00 plus shipping.
a. Installation costs are the responsibility of the owner.
b. Pictures of the damaged Playfield must be submitted when opening the case
-------------------------------------------
Great support from JJP, as usual.

Is this for all POTC models including CE?

#10429 5 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

If the playfield is damaged, I'm assuming. CE is one of the choices when it asks what model you have (though it also asks for your serial number, so they should know that anyway).

Lucky for me it looks like my CE already has those washers installed .. phew. Didnt want to do any work if I didnt have to.

#10434 5 months ago
Quoted from Breger1:

ebay.com link » Pirates Of The Caribbean Standard Edition Pinball Machine Jersey Jack In Stock
I purchased mine from Classic Game Rooms, my first time using them. Purchased on Tues, arrived follow Monday. I did have to call them Thursday to push along the shipping as they state ships within 24 hours. they have 2 left

I had good experience with Classic Game Rooms and my Black Knight LE. Came without any hiccups and or damage. Good luck.

#10477 5 months ago

Ok this machine is heavy. Whats the easiest way for me to lift it to adjust the feet on the legs. I think the incline needs adjustments. Any tips ?

#10541 5 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys I’m new to potc and I just played a few games . The ball has gotten stuck three times already right after launch right under the black pearl somewhere . Search function does nothing . Then I have to behind the machine lift it a bit then it pops out from the right door on the black pearl . Anyone have a fix for this ?

Leveling my pin fixed this issue just in case someone else has this problem. Now to play! It looks like there is lots to do and learn! Can't wait!
I asked this before, but does anyone think the CE topper needs maintenance.. mine makes a creaking noise, maybe some lube?

#10550 5 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I think the main fix is to drop the speed on it to 4 or so.

I didn’t realize the topper speed could be adjusted cool I’ll look for setting

#10575 5 months ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Finished my final run of CE shooters today 8 pc’s, 4 of each version.
This totals 25 produced, and the demand has slowed down lately so this probably was just the right nr to meet it .
I have some raw stock left. Made an LE trading company version, maybe there are others who would like a special character version , if so let me know .
As always comes with matching barrel to fit inside the game .
Pm for more info if needed outside of the dedicated topic for it.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

wow looks like something from a movie.

#10603 5 months ago

Man POTC is crazy. There is so much to do. I love JJP they have so much on the play field to explore and do. Whats up with that pirate that turns around like crazy at the pop bumpers? What is he doing?

Thanks

#10659 5 months ago

POTC is pretty damn amazing as are all JJP games, but is there like a simple rule/ guide sheet for how to play and whats going on? Anyone have a link?
THanks

#10663 5 months ago

At least potc picture at the end of the game doesn’t show my double chin like dialed in does

1 week later
#10840 5 months ago

Hey guys I just noticed Today that my right side radcal has a very slight bubble underneath it . I can press it in. It’s mild hardly noticeable have no idea how that happened must be a manufacturing imperfection anyone else have Same issue ?

#10864 5 months ago

See that little bubble on the right radcal ? It’s minor and needs a certain angle to see it I can push it in a little bit then it pops out must have been a manufacturing issue ?

377F6682-7717-4D22-90F4-7CEFEC94943C (resized).jpeg
#10868 5 months ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

I think replacing that side would be a pain. I wonder if you could needle prick it then hit it with a heat gun just to warm up and activate the adhesive and then use a roller to compress it back down - then put something up against it until it cools... I doubt you would ever see the needle hole, and not sure it would work but my guess is JJP just sends another radcal. That or just try the heat gun without the needle. Either way talk to JJP first

Thanks for the advice I’ll contact them. I guess it’s so minor I’m probably not going to mess with it , but will see what they say

#10870 5 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

What was your build date? I'd be inclined to see if it resolves itself over time, hoping the air eventually makes its way into the porous wood.
But if it was many months ago, maybe that is not gonna happen...

Looks like a December 2018 build, so its been about 6 months

#10874 5 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Poking a needle through the thick plastic radcal is a different beast though. Much more difficult and will leave an unsightly blemish as compared to a thin paper decal.

Just wondering how this happened can’t be from moving it , nothing touched the sides there is no obvious impact . Kind of seems glue didn’t fix well there

#10876 5 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Just speculating...the installer probably went a little too quickly and just trapped air in there. Same way air bubbles happen in traditional paper decals.
I doubt there is any problem with the glue, it is very strong and you said it sticks briefly when pushing it in.
I'd try the wallpaper roller though, I bet you can squeeze that air to the top and get it smooth.

So aim up not down ?

4 months later
#12947 25 days ago

Hey guys this volume control in the front of the machine on my POTC CE, is there a way it can control the main volume like it does on my Dialed In ,or is it only for headphone use?

#12951 25 days ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

my front volume buttons control main volume of machine. There is probly a setting in menu for what it does (assuming)

Yes menu setting thanks ! Don’t suppose same thing for woz ? I’ll check into it

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Flagstaff, AZ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oneangrymo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside