(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (5 years ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (5 years ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (5 years ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (5 years ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (5 years ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (5 years ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nickbuffalopinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#304 5 years ago

Finally got this game in my house. I'm in love.

While I could easily be accused of being in the honeymoon phase (and I am), this is now my favorite game, knocking Walking Dead Premium off of it's three year reign in the top spot.

Can't wait to sing it's praises on our next podcast. #SorryHaters

-Nick, Buffalo Pinball

#307 5 years ago

My chest is releasing an extra locked ball when I lock another ball. Anyone have a fix for this?

#314 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Every time or just once in a while? The one I play does it once in a while when a ball gets up there when lock isn't lit. On that note, should you ever be able to get a ball up in the chest when lock isn't lit or should the ball always go through the chest and feed the upper flipper in that scenario.

Good question. I'll have to pay better attention as I'm not sure. I don't think it's every time though.

#315 5 years ago

Here's an OCD pro tip: I think it's wise to add some mylar/vinyl to the chapter start cove area. The ball in that area is dragged back and forth several times each game when it's shot up there, and it's a small, tight area. I'm guessing over heavy usage it will start to wear.

#366 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

How much of the area needs Mylar in your opinion?

I would try to cover that entire area in mylar/vinyl. It's a small area.

#375 5 years ago

So with Shot X, once you collect it from pirate, say you hit the 2x standup. Then, the very next shot, and only the very next shot you hit, will be 2x it's value?

#378 5 years ago

Thank you evh and Keefer! It's very impressive the rules you've crammed in those inlanes!

#379 5 years ago

I'm not a rules genius, so bear with me, but why would you choose "Shot X" over "Super X". Shot X just multiplies the next shot, while Super X multiplies the entire playfield. Seems much better, no?

2 weeks later
#527 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So this lamp second from left looks normal to you?

I was wondering the same thing, as that's how it looks on mine...

1 week later
#917 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Well, I solved the switch 21 low stuck closed issue. The switch was wedged under the ramp in the closed position. I’m thinking a hard hit off the pops may have caused this so this will be something for everyone to keep an eye on.

Based on the pic and your description, I had my switch get stuck there too. The issue for me, the switch that activates that sling was too long and was getting stuck under the ramp. I simply trimmed it with scissors to solve the problem.

#931 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Completely agree with this. The one recommendation I have for continued code development is to change up the Movie Wizard modes. There is just no excitement when you get to them. Single ball in play, no intensity, animations are lackluster.

More fanfare would be cool. I do hope they keep it single ball play though - there's already enough multiballs in the game.

2 weeks later
#1299 5 years ago

Can some kind soul make a video showing how to do this bend and where it's at?

#1302 5 years ago

Anyone else getting that alert? I swear it's adjusted fine....

20181129_212622 (resized).jpg20181129_212622 (resized).jpg
#1316 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmaniac:

Are the wires broken/loose? I don't remember if mine said stuck open or stuck closed but both wires were broken. I gave them some slack and resoldered them.

Hmmm.. would I be able to see it without taking the ship off?

#1351 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

I am getting this as well Nick. The EOS was closed without the left flipper activated originally, there was no gap at rest.
I adjusted the EOS so that it is open and closes once the left flipper activates.
Still getting the #D04 EOS stuck open in Test Report. Did you ever figure yours out?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I took the glass off and put it in switch test. Manually touched the switches together and didn't get a response. So something else is going on, not sure what.

#1474 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Question for those that mylared the chapter start area. Did you Mylar inside the post where ball is held or just few inches outside?

I mylared inside that that entire area (not outside of it at all). Highly recommended.

#1475 5 years ago

Skull value rules question:

-Is the skull value collected when you hit the skull shot, and if so, can you do so repeatedly?
-Does the skull value effect how much each shot in a mode is worth?
-Other than mystery, is there a way to increase skull value?

#1526 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Did you remove everything to get in there?
You Mylar all the way to targets or stop just short of the insert lights?

I had to take the ship off. I mylared right up to the targets.

#1528 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Did you take the ship completely off, or tip it on its left side when facing the game?

First of all, I had to call an adult to help me, aka Kevin

He removed the screw that holds the ship in place, but didn't disconnect any wires. We then set the ship on it's side on the playfield (under a microfiber cloth of course for protection).

#1606 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone Mylar the disc yet?

Doesn’t seem like they protected the decal at all.

As much as I enjoy putting stickers on a playfield, I don't think it needs it.

#1607 5 years ago

Another rule question:

I noticed in the chapters on the screen, that sometimes it will say something like ".75x" or "2x" above a chapter. How are those values determined?

#1609 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

The more chapters you have qualified before you enter the chapter start area, the higher the multiplier for the shots in the chapter will be.

Ahhh, thank you!

#1717 5 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

that seems to be the extent of all the modes. i'm hoping via code updates they can add some more varied objectives. plenty of targets on the game to leverage.

That's sort of correct. On the surface, you're right.

But here's the thing: aren't all games with modes just shooting lit shots? Not sure what you're expecting? And in fact, the way the game works, there's over 120 modes, with 25 randomly selected per game. So every time you play, your shooting different shots for each movie's chapters. There's no other game out there that compares.

Then, you add in the layer where character selection changes values, could make modes easier, makes it so you don't have to shoot that character for certain modes, etc...

Added to that, you can change the value of modes by holding their value, completing more modes. There's just so much there...

What's amazing about this game is that there's so many different strategies to employ, due to character selection.

#1920 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Spring is good. Looks like the switch makes good contact. Tried to clean the contacts just in case. Problem is it is currently sporadic and hard to reproduce the issue. Will see.

I just had the same exact problem on my DI yesterday...

#1925 5 years ago

I had an epic game last night where I got to 4 out of the 5 wizard modes. I've never gotten to more than 1 in a single game before. This was on factory settings.

What really helped is the way the game doled out extra balls. As I progressed further, it gave them out at what seemed appropriate times, like reaching checkpoints in a video game. You play well and progress further, here's an extra ball. Makes perfect sense.

If Keith or someone can explain the ways that extra balls are earned, that would be appreciated.

#2049 5 years ago
Quoted from RandomTask:

I've had to checked out the club forum since there are so many posts... My goodness for $10,000 this is pretty bad...

It's a game that just started shipping and has more features than two new Sterns combined (maybe even three). Heck, ask an owner of TNA, a game which has nearly nothing on the playfield, about issues they have with their game.

It's a bummer when there's issues with games. But as someone who has unboxed 7 NIB games for personal use over the course of the last 8 years (Sterns and JJPs), I can say that every game had some issues. And I can say that both companies ALWAYS made it right when I reached out to them about the issues.

#2107 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

What are you guys using to wax your playfields these days? Anyone adding mylar to any areas?

I added mylar to the chapter select area b/c those magnets move the ball around so much in a compressed space. There was also mylar that came with my game for what appears to be the ship area (in back) where the ball is dropped into play (behind the spinners).

By the way, I would suggest using clear vinyl instead of mylar as it's easier to get off if need be.

1 month later
#3451 5 years ago

Rule suggestion: Governor Swan is useless in single player games and not a terribly compelling choice in multiplayer (IMHO). To make him a viable choice, in addition to his prevent plundering "power", perhaps also add that you start the game with a ball saver? It fits the theme of him "being a protector".

#3758 5 years ago

I've had mine since October, and I'm more in love with it than ever. Seriously, no other game has held my interest in a way that Pirates has. I'm still discovering new things and strategies by playing with different characters and that won't stop for a very, very long time.

Best game ever made.

#3843 5 years ago

I'm also having a problem with Tortuga kick-out consistency. Here's the odd thing: I probably have like 400 games on it, and it JUST started to become inconsistent the other day.

Please note that my bracket becomes loose like other people's, but even when it was loose (since day one pretty much), it was still shooting it out fine. Whether it's tight or loose, it's just now become inconsistent. So this tells me that there's something else going on.

5 years later
#18792 46 days ago

I have an annoying issue, anyone else have this problem on their game?

As you can see on the sling, the plastic kicker slipped under the rubber. It happens often and only on the right side.

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
#18798 45 days ago

Question for those that have used mylar to protect the artwork around sling shot posts... Has it been holding up? I just swapped from clear washers to the smaller mylar from Pinmonk, as shown in the pic a few posts up.

I love this game and want to prevent any damage, so any help would be appreciated, thanks!

#18800 45 days ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I switched to double star posts and silicone washers. Haven't had any issues other than the occasional air ball from the slings.
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=153
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=33&product_id=154

Much appreciated! Was just going to put in a Titan order.

I'm thinking I'll keep the mylar there for now and monitor, rather then messing with it anymore. Then, if it starts chipping, I'll put those posts in and it should cover up any damage.

Really appreciate having this as a solution if needed!

#18801 45 days ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I switched to double star posts and silicone washers. Haven't had any issues other than the occasional air ball from the slings.

By the way, which color did you go with?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nickbuffalopinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=nickbuffalopinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.