(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (5 years ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (5 years ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (5 years ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (5 years ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (5 years ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (5 years ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mtp78.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1504 5 years ago

Thinking about buying the game. Already have a woz and DI. My woz was a mess with little issues out of the box. How is this measuring up . Has JJP Done a good job testing and tweaking before shipped ?

1 month later
#3038 5 years ago

Currently have a woz and Di. No matter i love woz thinking about trading plus cash for a new potc le. Just wondering if anyone has both and could chime in if potc is as fun as woz... ....cant afford all three. So i have to make a choice

1 week later
#3182 5 years ago

Why the hell they just cant install cliffy's at the factory or at least some factory mylar? Seems ridiculous for a machine almost costing 10k.

1 week later
#3478 5 years ago

Is there going to be a new code for the jack danger stream on the 14 th ?

#3626 5 years ago

How would you guys rate the reliability of this game and out of box issues..?. thinking about buying one. Both my woz and di had a bunch of issues and i find it a little annoying when you take them out of the box and things dont work or are damaged

#3856 5 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

Trade WOZ for pirates? HMMMMMMMMMM

That's exactly what i am doing

#3992 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I know it’s pinball but I certainly wouldn’t expect this from a brand spanking new game right out of the box. I understand the very same thing happened to other owners. Glad you were able to fix the issue but not cool you had to do all that work right out of the box.

I agree..alot of issues with the ships wires. Is it caused b/c JJP employees temp workers on the line and they are not properly trained ?...i am buying le nexr week...hope not to have to remove the ship on a brand new game

#4022 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I have given up on Pinwiki ever giving me an account, so I have consolidated my POTC troubleshooting guide here:
http://tinyurl.com/potcfixes
If you have suggestions and additional content to add let me know. I will try and update this with pictures also.

Thats a awesome guide...you would hope by now JJP reconized and addressed some of this issues on the line as time has passed...

#4128 5 years ago

Just ordered my LE, My dist has to pick one up at JJP . Hoping for one with no issues out of the box. Should have that and the afm le I ordered next week.

#4398 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Started to have some opto issues on the ball trough.
**EDIT** OK, figured out the ball actually isn’t rolling down all the way in the trough...not an opto issue. Going to try cleaning first. Any other recommendations?
[quoted image]

Balls sometimes can get magnetized...and will not totally roll down the trough. Changing the balls fixed my dialed in with same issue

#4596 5 years ago

Just joined the club #220. Few questions..does the start button have a light ? Mine is not lighting. Wires are connected.

When does the map spin? Played a few fast games never saw it spin once.

Vuk in front of pops ejected ball so hard it hit the glass.. you guys turning down the power ? It happen on once but caught my attention.

Lastly un boxing 4 loose t nuts fell out of the box..i looked under the game and none are missing...i have no idea were they came from

Game looks,sounds awesome...i have no idea what i am doing but it seems fun....lol. feb 19 build date on game. Thanks

20190226_190304 (resized).jpg20190226_190304 (resized).jpg
#4709 5 years ago

My game out of the box last nite is still not fixed. Working with jjp now...very frustrating to deal with alot of out of the box issues. Jjp has been great like usual and eventually i am sure it will work correctly. Map disc not working, chest wont eject balls so game goes in ball search,no start button light and some other small stuff. I am keeping the faith and hoping jjp qc improves

#4719 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

How long does it take for JJP to respond to your support request?
I was praying I wouldn't be one of the many with unplayable machines out of the box but alas there's work to be done!

Frank has always been my go to at JJP. Helped with my woz and di. Frank is out on a medical leave and i wish him the best. So Butch called me today and gave me some things to check. And i later talked to Loyd. I need to talk to Butch to order parts. So hopefully we can chat tomorrow .It just sucks looking at a game and not enjoying it

#4725 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Great troubleshooting!

Appreciate the help...i talked to JJP abouy this. Topper and starlight are working. I know they are on the same fuse. Possible bad map motor. Will diagnose further tomorrow

#4853 5 years ago

I swear my game is haunted. After talking to Butch from jjp on the phone...he emailed me a bunch of things to check on my new game...turns out almost all the connectors on the bottom of power board behind monitor were off or half off...so I connected and reseated all of them...then I try and put the playfield down and the two big harness going to the back box wont let me put the playfield all the way back so the tabs can seat on lock bar bracket...after 10 mins I had to force it back..so I think its fixed then I notice lower gi on out lanes are out...cant win

#4854 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Whoever is in charge of QC needs to get axed and they need to get someone in there that takes a little pride in their work. There is no excuse to get a new 10k game and have a list of shit that needs to be fixed before its playable. One small thing, sure, but not a list.
There should be a comprehensive checklist that's gone through for each game before its boxed up. I'll have to admit that I'm a bit concerned about getting mine.

I totally agree..stuff happens in shipping...but there QC sucks. Got my game on Tuesday still not working totally....I discussed with JJP seems like they acknowledge the issue but things dont change...this is my third JJP and all have had alot of issues out of the box ....my potc is the worse so far and it was built two weeks ago..working with the team is great but I am annoyed this time around

#4858 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Connectors half connected/loose sounds like a shipping thing.

Shipping maybe,the real reason is they had the main harness wire tied way to tight. There was no room for any flex. I had to remove some wire ties just so the harness would stop pulling on the connectors....Quality Control issue !

1 week later
#5309 5 years ago

Trying to dial in my game. Are you guys turning down the power on the main slings and flippers ? Both seem really strong

#5428 5 years ago

Had to lengthening why ships main drive arm. When cannon was loaded ship would stop rocking. So I got it working now after playing with the adjustment and did a force calibration. My question...I notes the ship will move at all different speeds during gameplay..is this normal ?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5560 5 years ago

Having an issue my ship wont rock back and forth when the cannon is loaded...so jjp had me adjust the rod going to the motor. So it worked for a day or two. I played it tonight. Soon as a loaded a ball in the cannon it stopped moving like before. Anyone have this issue ?

Also I noticed my ship is just rocking center to left. Not rocking right....normal ? After I adjusted the rod and did the calibration it was working fine a few days ago ....now its not

1 month later
#7582 4 years ago

Without looking thru all these posts...Any simple way to follow the rules...I understand shooting the ship strategy and lilting the fuse to shoot the cannon . What's the best thing to shoot for when you start a game... are you seeing how many chapters to start ? and do you have to finsh one chapter before you go to another? There is a lot gong on with this game

2 weeks later
#8693 4 years ago

Anyone watch stream last nite? Anything new with code ?

#8804 4 years ago

Trouble updating my game. Same 16gig stick I used on my Di seems not to be working. I first formatted stick and follow JJP instructions . Soon as I try and update the machine. I get a no directory message on the lcd.....what am I doing wrong ? I tried it multiple times ...no good

#8812 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

mtp78 it's a full install so you need to boot with the stick already in the game when you turn it on.

Did not try that. Thanks will try it that way

#8816 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Did not try that. Thanks will try it that way

Worked perfectly , thanks Keefer

#8817 4 years ago

Anyone turning down the power on their main flips and slings ?. Get some crazy air balls especially on multiballs. And slings are really strong.I am on all default settings

1 week later
#9246 4 years ago

Getting ready to install the cliffy's, Any pics around of the correct install for the outlane switches? And pics of the other installed protectors are helpful.

thanks

5 months later
#12876 4 years ago

I am getting a ship bulls eye target fault, I went into the switch matrix test. when I drop a ball into the hole nothing highlights on the matrix. Anyone run into this? Thx

2 months later
#13588 4 years ago

Does anyone sell shorter standup posts shorter than the factory ones ? My ship never aligned with the cannon so I can never make the shot,I read the fix is to use shorter posts to bring the ship back some to the backbox which would fix my issue

8 months later
#15673 3 years ago

I have a low play mint LE , No pooling or scratches on the game, Cliffy's and star post kits installed 1st week..No other mods...Anyone have an idea on a real street value of the game ? I am thinking about selling and getting a gnr Thanks

2 weeks later
#15806 3 years ago

Is the code ever going to get revisited by JJP ???? Has anyone heard anything ?

2 months later
#16160 3 years ago

Having a little trouble fighting out a fault opto switch #70...." black pearl motor inner opto stuck open "
Anyone run into this with their game ?

#16169 3 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Try cleaning the opto. Could just be a little dirty

What are you using to clean an opto that does not leave any residue ??

10 months later
#17269 2 years ago

What's the odds they will re run this game ?
2nd line is up making WW, new code and POTC selling for insane money.....

2 months later
#17402 2 years ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

Curious what game owners prefer that have both Pirates and Wonka?

I have both and enjoy Wonka more

9 months later
#17865 1 year ago

I talked to Jack a few weeks ago on the phone, The topic came up after he was trying to sell me a TS CE, He stated he would have to take deposit's to know how many games they would be building and didn't want to deal with that again after Woz's initial offering.

1 month later
#18036 1 year ago

So when is there going to be a general release of the updated code for the public and not beta ??

1 month later
#18143 1 year ago

First time I have seen this on my game. My chest doesn't hold a locked ball. Display says 1 ball locked and the ball falls outside the one side of the chest....is this common ?

1 month later
#18267 1 year ago

Really like my Le game, But I go offered a possible trade . A nib Godfather and nib Foo prem. and mayb1 1k out of my pocket for my L.e . You guys think this is a good deal?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mtp78.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=mtp78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.