(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (5 years ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (5 years ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (5 years ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (5 years ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (5 years ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (5 years ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrsiyufy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15660 3 years ago

Hopefully joining the club this week with an LE! Is there only one version of the chest mod? And what are the other must have mods ?

#15670 3 years ago

Taking a shot and posting here. If anyone wants to sell an SE or LE that has a playfield without pooling or chipping. I’ll pay more than the Pinside estimated value. Please PM if you have one you would consider selling.

#15693 3 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

I have a low play mint LE , No pooling or scratches on the game, Cliffy's and star post kits installed 1st week..No other mods...Anyone have an idea on a real street value of the game ? I am thinking about selling and getting a gnr Thanks

If it helps I just bought a near Mint LE #80 the topper and goodie box have never been opened no playfield issues and under 100 plays. I paid $13,500.
Before I bought this one another Pinsider was going to sell me an LE with no issues and an extra playfield for 14k but he decided to keep it last minute.

1 week later
#15793 3 years ago

Anyone have the Radcals option ? Do you install them over the stock art - or do you have to remove what’s already on there first ?

#15801 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I installed radcals on top of existing art. I was very very happy with them!
https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B11GrhkPxG8hK2N

Thanks! I’m going to do the same.

1 week later
#15903 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Rather than bend the hooks, I took a freebie fridge magnet, like one you might find with football schedules on it, and sliced up little slivers to raise it.
I kept adding pieces under the hooks, on top of the assembly, till it raised it, and allowed the shooter rod assembly to breathe a bit! (Adjusting the shooter rod assembly itself only did so much...)

LE #80 just arrived today! And I’m having this same issue. What do you recommend using to bend the hooks?

#15936 3 years ago

Does this foam serve a purpose or is it for shipping ?

147F4514-531D-4C3A-A837-A45945093566 (resized).jpeg147F4514-531D-4C3A-A837-A45945093566 (resized).jpeg
#15962 3 years ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

Anyone know where I can pick up the silent spinner parts? Seems sold out everywhere I look. Is this something I could just DIY?

I emailed the Mod couple about this a few days ago - they are hoping to have them in stock soon. Keep checking their site.

#15971 3 years ago

Received my Cliffy’s today and there are two “extra” ones. Can someone please tell me where the two with the ? Go. And does anyone of have pictures of the various Cliffy’s installed or being installed for reference. Do most of you install the full set or are some more important that others?

Thanks so much

CCDB63A1-0862-4D5F-8C73-83644B23EE12 (resized).jpegCCDB63A1-0862-4D5F-8C73-83644B23EE12 (resized).jpeg
#15973 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Those both go in the shooter lane. The larger one with the rounded cutout goes around where the ball pops out of the trough, and the other one goes on the black wood rail on the opposite side, where the ball hits when it is ejected

Thanks so much !

#15983 3 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

IMHO Don't put the map hole ones on as you will get rejects. I am having to take mine out as half my hits to the scoop get rejected.

thanks for this!

1 week later
#16029 3 years ago

With the current code it’s still a top 5 all time game. Enjoy it as is for now.

#16030 3 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

All I can say is yep. year and a half without an updates. Meanwhile there has been time to update almost their whole other lineup. Its pretty fucking sad we cant even get bug fixes done. Picture this "lazy ass" finally gets everything where he wants it and we get an update, but because of the massive changes that were done a ton more bugs pop up. How long should we wait to get the second round of bug fixes? By this point surely there will be a new game to program and focus (or lack thereof) will shift.

Geez, With the current code it’s still a top 5 all time game. Enjoy it as is for now.

1 week later
#16075 3 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Thanks for the testimonial Keith. I'm so happy you are satisfied - it was a fun project to do. If anyone is interested in the POTC maelstrom MRS - simply PM me!
Matt & Dan
M&M Creations

PM Sent

#16077 3 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Now you need a mod where that switch went..

It needs one bad.

1 week later
#16099 3 years ago
Quoted from MarZ_78:

uhg... Come one now!!! Elvira is better than POTC?! [quoted image][quoted image]

Once the new code is out I’m sure many users will revisit their rating

#16102 3 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Thanks for the testimonial Keith. I'm so happy you are satisfied - it was a fun project to do. If anyone is interested in the POTC maelstrom MRS - simply PM me!
Matt & Dan
M&M Creations

The M&M creations Maelstrom switch is the real deal! In the switch test menu as soon as the ball comes in contact with any part of the switch it registers immediately.

Now if someone could make a small mod to cover up the mounting for the stock switch...

1 week later
#16144 3 years ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

Anyone know where to get aqua star posts for the slingshots? The LE I purchased recently has some bad pooling and chipping. Titan did not have them.

Pinball mod co will sell you a color matched kit
That includes the washers

3 weeks later
#16214 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Not worth it to me.
I think the opening and closing chest mod is better, and it doesn't cost stupid money.

I think they are both equally nice, but The HMS is $500 cool not $1200 cool.

How much was the HMS from lior?

#16229 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

The costs may become more reasonable. Matt at Backalley Creations made an HMS topper for the original game that didn't make it into production. He told me that he needs to get it ready for production to get out there. Now his GnR sculpts are being copied. Glad to see Matt is planning to do his original version for the owners. If you guys are familiar with his work, you know the quality.

Count me in for an “HMS topper”

#16231 3 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

Me too! Do you know if he posted any pics of the original?

I can’t find any, I emailed them this morning- I’ll post if I receive an update

#16235 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Anyone know where I think it was "Ship Target Switch" #48 is on the playfield? I got a stuck switch message today from that one. Game seemed to play fine though, so I may have cleared it.

Very common on mine if you don’t hit the dauntless for a few games. in switch test mode just give the ship a good shake or toss a ball in the hole.

2 weeks later
#16329 3 years ago

With POTC Sales now hitting north of 20k what would it take for you to part with yours? I think even if I got 25k for mine I’d regret it.

#16334 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Crazy... At this point I can sell my LE in a few years for $30K+ LOL. I would have to get a divorce to do it, its my wife's machine.
There will always be some rich guy who really wants the machine and will pay these crazy prices. I really don't see these high prices lasting forever.

When I paid $13k for my LE a few months ago the wife thought I was nuts. After playing her first game she said “this is worth $50,000” starting to look like she’s not that far off!

#16367 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Are people really paying $20k for an LE?! Like mine?

Looks like another one might hit the market.

#16380 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Added another mermaid to my POTC today. Cause one just wasn't enough!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Where did you get the piece covering the maelstrom switch holes?

1 week later
#16445 3 years ago

For anyone that needs one. Jersey Jack has spinning disc decals back in stock.

1 week later
#16571 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

The LE and CE also flash the active shot (for a few seconds), so the star field is totally pointless unless you find it fun trying to decipher a vague bunch of dots

I’ve never even looked at the star map once. The lcd screen on the apron points to the most valuable shot so if the star map shot was worth shooting for the compass would point to it.

#16580 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I believe there are less than 200 SEs, close to 150. The only things you can't replicate on the SE that the LE has are the color changing GI and the interactive starfield. The color changing GI isn't a big loss to me at all since all the inserts and Black Pearl lights etc. are color changing already and like others have said, the interactive starfield is overkill and you can get a full length one for $95 for any version. I have the Devil's Triangle rock mod and the spinning pop bumper mod (with a more relevant figure) and starfield in my SE and they look great. Back when the games were NIB and you got a shaker motor, HD glass, color changing GI, head phone jack, Devil's Triangle, cheap topper and spinning pop bumper in a limited edition version for only $1,000 more...the case could certainly be made that it was well worth it. At current rates, if you are looking for a POTC and can save $5k by "only" spending $14k on an SE instead of $19k on an LE, it's a no brainer to me.

Not that it’s a big deal at all, but the LE also has black trim vs stainless on the SE. I prefer the black but easy and inexpensive to change.

#16589 3 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

Whats funny is like someone said everyone is attached to that Limited title...I have a SE...and its modded out and MORE rare to own than an LE...Only thing I am missing is the spinning pop bumpers and the silly star map..I added a star map mod that goes across the entire back and it looks 10000x better than the factory one. If the right price came along, I would def. sell it. I guess my 100k joke for sale post pissed off some people as I was muted from the for sale group for 48 hours lol

I also added the full length star map to my LE I agree it looks much better than what was there before

#16591 3 years ago

I’m going to get bashed for this one, but I prefer the LE/SE art to the CE art, but the CE topper is pretty cool wish someone made a topper to replace my LE.

#16618 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

EHOH has now had THREE times the number of updates that POTC has. #WheresTheCode

EHOH is an in production game vs one that didn’t sell well and they moved on from it.

1 month later
#16744 2 years ago
Quoted from Stef95:

Hello, I bought the lighted window for the pearl but I do not know where to connect the power !! The similar plugs that I have nearby are in 1 the power plug of the pearl motor (I tried that does not work) in 2 the supply of the coils of the chest fork (I imagine that not) in 3 the power supply of the coil which returns the ball in the pearl (I imagine that it is not there either) then there are the power supplies in 4 and 5 of the rotary motors (which I will connect) and around the identical plugs with yellow wire. Do you have an idea ?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The one that goes to the spot lights on the ship.

1 week later
#16840 2 years ago

WiFi is pointless for POTC if the next update is the last.

1 month later
#16913 2 years ago

Which character do you choose and why?

I typically go random.

#16932 2 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

The ULTIMATE Pirates of the Caribbean mod showed up today and it's even more limited than Lior's mods! Probably not quite as desired though.
They gave me a ton of these so everybody's going to be getting these for Christmas, birthdays...probably even strangers on the street that I run into.[quoted image]

I’m in for a CE

#16934 2 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

$10k before Christmas...and I'll even sign it for you.

For 10k there better not be any chipping or pooling

1 week later
#16937 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Thanks, but the pop worked great for 6 months before this. I tried moving the connector to the hookup for the other spinning pop and was still getting the same issue. It also was sluggish in Tortuga multiball where it *should* spin no matter what. I replaced the motor and now it's working again! I could tell as soon as I tried it in test that it was spinning harder than the old motor. It could be that these heavier NECA figures wear these motors out faster than normal, or maybe mine was just defective and finally kicked the bucket.
Thanks to all who offered suggestions!

Can you please tell me where you found the replacement motor ?

1 month later
#16981 2 years ago
Quoted from Stef95:

I have a problem with my maelstrom ramp, the ball jumps and hits the ball deflector. Suddenly the ball goes into the hole while I am not at the start of multiball. There is a bump in 1, I don't know if it was there before or if the ramp is deformed. Can someone tell me if this bump is present on their ramp?
[quoted image]

My ramp looks the same

#16998 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I got to Treasure Hoard for the first time a few weeks ago by accident, and now that I know how it works, that's given me something new to shoot for

How do you get to treasure hoard mode ?

2 weeks later
#17026 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I was playing my POTC LE tonight and during play this came rolling down the playfield from what seemed to be around the chest area. Kind of worries me - looks like a bearing.
Any ideas where it came from? T.I.A.
[quoted image]

Just went thru all the drawings in the manual twice. I’m not seeing it.

2 weeks later
#17077 2 years ago

Ironically, most of the current LE owners paid more than the original CE buyers.

Quoted from attyrhodes:

As a LE owner, feel free to keep paddling lol.

#17079 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Do you mean the newly purchased LE owners?

Yes. Exactly people that have bought an LE in the last year.

#17087 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Exactly. Im hoping Elite Toppers makes something incredible for us POTC owners. Ill buy one.

Right when they did hobbit I asked them about POTC. I forget their exact reply but it led me to believe they are working on one.

#17091 2 years ago

If anyone is selling radcals or standard art, ramps, upper playfield, ship parts, back glass, etc - I’ll buy any or all

#17094 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I think I heard all the "rascals" are sold out

Good catch! Damn auto correct

1 month later
#17148 2 years ago

Looks like Zaphx

Leaving the POTC club?!
Guess if you got anywhere near your asking price, nobody can fault you though. Congrats on the sale!

If he sold his CE for the asking price he can pick up an LE for under 20k and pocket a sweet profit.

3 months later
#17407 2 years ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

Curious what game owners prefer that have both Pirates and Wonka?

I have both , I go back and forth - right now I’m leaning Wonka

1 month later
#17479 2 years ago

I have a cup holder that goes great with the theme. If anyone has any interest PM me. The cup holder can be mounted on the left or right by flipping the bracket.

169B2866-B02A-4649-BB4B-448D132BB543 (resized).jpeg169B2866-B02A-4649-BB4B-448D132BB543 (resized).jpeg1BF4E122-9D87-4871-8881-19074806A9F4 (resized).jpeg1BF4E122-9D87-4871-8881-19074806A9F4 (resized).jpeg4B73323E-D627-43ED-9283-0021F70FDDCD (resized).jpeg4B73323E-D627-43ED-9283-0021F70FDDCD (resized).jpeg
#17481 2 years ago

Arr! We be drinkin' our POTC grog from a barrel now!
Thank ye matey!
[quoted image]

Looks great! Nice line up

#17482 2 years ago

Arr! We be drinkin' our POTC grog from a barrel now!
Thank ye matey!
[quoted image]

If anyone else wants one I have one left on hand and can have more in a few days. These also look great on hobbit, Medieval Madness, LOTR and Octoberfest.

1 month later
#17540 2 years ago
Quoted from Stef95:

The description is awesome!! The price is high but I think this would be the ultimate mod for this machine. Enjoy the photos

The ultimate mod for this game would be the final code from JJP

#17542 2 years ago

Screw it I’m in

#17543 2 years ago

After I bought mine it says only 4 left.

#17548 2 years ago
Quoted from Sixtieskid:

Im in...Sold Out in 2 hours

Quoted from Sixtieskid:

Im in...Sold Out in 2 hours

$10,000 by Christmas !

#17549 2 years ago

For every one that bought the elite topper complete the look with a custom cup holder. Send me a message if you want one.

10B7D0FC-7FEA-4A74-BCC1-C3DF4E98F31C (resized).jpeg10B7D0FC-7FEA-4A74-BCC1-C3DF4E98F31C (resized).jpeg
#17601 2 years ago

I was commissioned by a pinsider to make a custom green version of the grog cup holder for his CE. If anyone is interested I have another one ready to go. Please PM me if interested.

634A1991-2E04-4631-A27F-FDDC05B31995 (resized).jpeg634A1991-2E04-4631-A27F-FDDC05B31995 (resized).jpegA3B3BA33-C26B-4E62-9361-C8DBFFA9F4A3 (resized).jpegA3B3BA33-C26B-4E62-9361-C8DBFFA9F4A3 (resized).jpegC823AAC4-A9B6-46C5-97E1-AAF3BECC4565 (resized).jpegC823AAC4-A9B6-46C5-97E1-AAF3BECC4565 (resized).jpeg

#17604 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballj:

Looks like the "The Hobbit Pinball Barrel PinCup Mod Mk II" on thingiverse:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3209406

I have a revised STL. The one on Thingiverse has a few areas that need redesigning for strength.

#17612 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Thank to Mrsiyufy for being kind enough to give me the stl file. Printed, painted, and ready for some grog!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Turned out great!

#17619 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

I have some parts for a project that didn't materialize.
One NOS playfield.
A full set of LE decals.
Left and right side cab LE Radcals.
Let me know if you are interested.

How much for the radcals ?

1 week later
#17624 1 year ago

I still have a few cup holders left from the latest run. 2 dark brown, 1 walnut and 1 green are available.

046E6007-1EE0-4E1D-91FB-238961B35F75 (resized).jpeg046E6007-1EE0-4E1D-91FB-238961B35F75 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#17637 1 year ago

At this point why don’t they just post the beta code on the website and say this is the final code update

4 weeks later
#17661 1 year ago

Joined the Beta group today. Was not too difficult to get it going. Jjp is very active and responsive on the telegram group.

#17663 1 year ago

I’m definitely considering joining. I was waiting thinking the update was coming soon because of the Beta being available. I was wrong

After you join Telegram you will have access to the beta. Beta installs the same as .99 (instructions on JJP website). After updating you’ll need to install a dongle and set up WiFi in the games menu. There is a critical update via WiFi you need. opt in to the beta and opt into updates before the download will work for updates. All of this is a few menus deep and a little tricky since you are using flippers and start button to enter the commands for some of it.

#17669 1 year ago

I too would take a set. Is there anyone out there that would make a run of ramps ?

#17671 1 year ago

Extra is good. Starship fantasy makes a really quality ramp for Totan. Wonder if someone could reach out to them to see how they feel about making some sets for PoTC

I’m sure we could easily get 25 people that would be in on an order

#17697 1 year ago
Quoted from Millz:

Where does one join the Beta group?

Download telegram on your computer, phone or tablet and once you are on the app - search for Keith Johnson or Joe Katz and ask one of them to add you to The beta group

#17699 1 year ago
Quoted from Millz:

Download the app, but cannot find either Keith Johnson or Joe Katz, any additional guidance appreciated.

Email your telegram user name to [email protected] and ask to be added to the group

#17704 1 year ago

My elite topper arrived today. Anyone have one installed yet? I’m 50/50 if I’m keeping mine or considering trades for it.

#17709 1 year ago

Does anyone know a source to buy the molex connectors used in the JJP back box for 12v?

1 week later
#17714 1 year ago
Quoted from heartbrand:

Anyone have any suggestions for the button? I've had this issue with multiple JJP games where after several plays the button just no longer seems to reach or be aligned correctly to hit the metal piece under it consistently without smashing it down. Only been an issue with JJP.

I replaced mine with a stern button from pinball life and it works perfectly.

#17717 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Blob of hot glue on the end of the button.
LTG : )

ohhhhh that’s a great idea

3 weeks later
#17758 1 year ago

Ramps

Quoted from Sugar:

Is the opening treasure chest mod an easy add on?

I installed mine with no problem. I just watched the you tube videos a few times and it was as shown.

1 week later
#17768 1 year ago

Been working on a custom topper for my POTC - It’s getting close!

25CE4330-BEA1-40D1-96F8-D28EEC5982CE (resized).jpeg25CE4330-BEA1-40D1-96F8-D28EEC5982CE (resized).jpegE38F6978-1559-49E0-92AF-6AE4687C1F80 (resized).jpegE38F6978-1559-49E0-92AF-6AE4687C1F80 (resized).jpeg
#17779 1 year ago
Quoted from skwal:

Ok thanks i ve located q406.
So you think replacing it would resolve the issue?
Thanks

Yes…

In LTG we trust

#17785 1 year ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

Lloyd, you are a national pinball treasure!!!

If anyone reading this contacts JJP for any reason I encourage you to end the correspondence with “Please get LTG back.”

#17803 1 year ago

I finally completed my custom topper. Jacks arms move via servo motors. The rear tentacles bobble. Front and rear LED’s move in a wave pattern that also shows on your back wall and ceiling.

3F37DD80-E9DF-4077-B8DE-9CD9B1AEF31F (resized).jpeg3F37DD80-E9DF-4077-B8DE-9CD9B1AEF31F (resized).jpeg

1AC8716E-BF6E-4361-8863-389D60139122 (resized).jpeg1AC8716E-BF6E-4361-8863-389D60139122 (resized).jpeg
#17809 1 year ago
Quoted from Matt1724:Is there still a way to still join the Pirates beta testing or was that closed? I emailed support who asked me to download telegram, create an account and then email the beta team…..but then it went radio silent.

Once you are on telegram search for Joe Katz and ask him to add you to the POTC beta and he will add you and send you the download link for the beta

#17821 1 year ago

Motorized Custom Topper is available if anyone has any questions PM me for a link to a video.

05527EFC-0B9E-456D-99B3-4E6546B91F30 (resized).jpeg05527EFC-0B9E-456D-99B3-4E6546B91F30 (resized).jpeg1B984F58-20DC-4FBD-AE08-FD3C6B509B3B (resized).jpeg1B984F58-20DC-4FBD-AE08-FD3C6B509B3B (resized).jpegCC234F3F-A94F-4CCF-8FA4-CF95B84E07CD (resized).jpegCC234F3F-A94F-4CCF-8FA4-CF95B84E07CD (resized).jpeg

3 weeks later
#17829 1 year ago
Quoted from Heater:

Just curious anyone heard if someone can reproduce the ramps? (fingers crossed)

Check out pages 354 and 355 of this thread

2 months later
#17892 1 year ago

I’m in also

1 month later
#18028 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Do owners need to be authorized beta testers to acquire B4 ?

Yes,

You need to sign up for telegram and join the JJP beta group.

You have to manually install B1 and a usb dongle - then opt in to beta from your game - and b4 will be a download.

1 month later
#18150 1 year ago

What is everyone on Beta 5 using for EQ settings?

#18166 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

There is no Beta 5 code link. The game has to go to Beta and then update via the game itself to version 5 AFAIK.
Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Only the original beta is linked on telegram. Once installed you opt in then everything is done thru WiFi

#18170 1 year ago

Do the Art of Pinball sculpted plastics install on top the factory plastics or do you remove the stock plastics firsts ?

#18172 1 year ago

They replace the stock plastics for the most part. It has been a while since I installed mine, but looking at it now, it appears the far left inlane plastic (sculpted woman figure) goes over the existing plastic.

Thank you!

3 weeks later
#18240 1 year ago

#7 beta has an error and is bricking the game. You have to reinstall an old iso to fix- but some people are also having issues getting a usb keyboard to work to access bios. Jjp is working on a correct version. New Wonka beta seems to have the same issue.

#18245 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Final wizard mode?
If we get a larger ssd and clone it from the old one, then apply the update, is that a safe option?

No final wizard mode. No new game code. Just EQ and system stuff.

2 months later
#18359 12 months ago

I have joined Telegram and emailed [email protected] a week ago trying to get involved in the beta for POTC. I’ve gotten no response. Does it take awhile for a response or have I not done what I should do?
Thanks in advance

Thru the telegram app try to find and message joe Katz or Keith Johnson - that’s how I got added to the group.

#18362 11 months ago

I have 4 cup holders ready to go. 1 in CE green and 3 brown. Each comes with an extra bracket $65 shipping included with in the US. It ca. be mounted in 4 positions. Send me a PM if you would like one.

IMG_4117 (resized).jpegIMG_4117 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2411 (resized).jpegIMG_2411 (resized).jpegIMG_2410 (resized).jpegIMG_2410 (resized).jpegIMG_2413 (resized).jpegIMG_2413 (resized).jpeg

#18364 11 months ago

Ok…. So now I’m in the group. But I still haven’t been informed on where the beta code can be found for me to download

It’s pinned at the top of the chat. Look thru these.

A591CD1E-15E1-4FB3-BB56-501DE9EB6347 (resized).jpegA591CD1E-15E1-4FB3-BB56-501DE9EB6347 (resized).jpeg
#18369 11 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

...or just not buy it.
I probably spoke to quickly as it would just be easier for me not to purchase it rather than talk about it.
Spend your money however you like.

Fair enough.

To answer about the cost as best as I can- it’s about $20 in material to make. It takes about 30 min to tape the cup holder properly - or the paint bleeds. Then it’s $3 in packing material and Between $8-$12 to ship. Occasionally the brackets break - 99% from someone overtightening or accidentally knocking into or walking into them. So I include an extra and occasionally ship out a replacement which has always been free including the shipping. There is also wear and tear on the printer - I’m replacing minor components every 10 cups or so.

1 month later
#18384 10 months ago

If anyone has an extra 27” monitor to sell please let me know.

#18386 10 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

What problem are you having? Mine developed a vertical line that went edge to edge, the only fix is to replace the monitor and they aren't cheap.
[quoted image]

Just a little spot of dead pixels.
I ordered a replacement monitor from JJP. I was hoping to find one of the older monitors with the good blacks.

IMG_4328 (resized).jpegIMG_4328 (resized).jpeg
#18388 10 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

The monitor you are looking for is more of a Hobbit item than a Pirates.

Thank you.

#18409 9 months ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

How do you get this beta code?

Join telegram and ask Keith Johnson or one of the JJP guys to let you in the beta group.

#18414 9 months ago
Quoted from Munsters:

What is the name of telegram group? Cant find it

There isn’t a name for the group that I’m seeing. Just search for Keith Johnson or Joe Katz and ask them to put you in the beta group

#18433 9 months ago
Quoted from skwal:

does anyone remember how to get access to download the beta code?

You have to join the JJP telegram and the link is tagged as a key post.

#18435 9 months ago
Quoted from skwal:

I ve looked at the 20 key post, none refers to a telegram channel?

The key post on telegram I mean.

Join telegram and fund Keith Johnson or joe Katz and ask to join the beta group. Once on the jjp telegram beta group the beta link is a key post there.

1 week later
#18440 9 months ago

If anyone is selling lior’s HMS send me a message I’ll pay over market

#18442 9 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I just sold my game with one installed, last I check people were paying 2G for one!

Oh wow. Last two I knew of selling went for $1290 and $1400 recently.

#18445 9 months ago

Does anyone have the install instructions for Lior’s HMS ? The links no longer work.

#18447 9 months ago

I'll attach them in a PM to you.

Thanks again!

#18448 9 months ago

If anyone has a set of Lior’s pop bumper caps you’d sell please let me know.

#18450 9 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Has anyone put a cliffy on the tortuga hole and how difficult was it? I think mine starting to lightly chip!

I did the tortuga whole when I first got my game. It wasn’t hard at all. Just have to remove the scoop and take off the pop bumper cap and the post.

#18455 9 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:Now the map hole and my cliffy install will be complete I’m assuming that’s more difficult then the tortuga

Yes, I’m in the same spot you are. I decided to wait as the ship needs to come off. harryhoudini has a great video about removing the ship on his YouTube channel.

#18463 9 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

To avoid people like me asking about how to get code, etc - can it not be shared from someone who has it now? So if you have the latest beta, can it not be posted so others can just download?

On various versions of the beta There have been a few minor bugs and even compatibility issues with some of the older wifi dongles causing sound issues. So I think JJP would really like beta users on their telegram to be able report any issues. I know the software has been SLOW - but from following the telegram thread - Keith Johnson and team seem to really care about the coding and respond to feedback almost immediately on the telegram. They are as active on telegram as spooky is on pinside.

#18471 9 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Has anyone just tried to update to the Beta code through the regular version of the software? With Hobbit and Toy Story 4 it can be done right from the official software like a regular software update. I wonder if people are looking too far into things here...

You need to use the JJP provided link to get to beta 1 via pirates - after that you can opt in and update to new builds

#18474 9 months ago
Quoted from Heater:

Yes, you have to go thru the Beta. This just brings it to recognizing the WiFi dongle. Once it does and you connect it to your WiFi, it will allow several of the beta updates up to Beta7. I don't know about Hobbit and how it was done without going thru the Beta but Toy Story and Godfather were released with the WiFi built in so there was no need for a USB Stick to put it into beta.

I think hobbit had an official release with WiFi at some point. I don’t think POTC .99 has WiFi

#18477 9 months ago
Quoted from Heater:

POTC doesn't in .99. That's why you need to join the Beta and go thru the updates which include the WiFi, Equalizer, Presets and fixing a few audio clipping issues. If your more comfortable just with the character changes, stay with .99

I’ve been on the beta since beta 2.

#18483 8 months ago

HMS #63 is installed !!!!

Just need Lior’s pop bumper caps to complete the set…

IMG_4548 (resized).jpegIMG_4548 (resized).jpegIMG_4549 (resized).jpegIMG_4549 (resized).jpeg
#18485 8 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I've seen that Elite Topper in person before, complete waste of money IMO.

I opened the crate’s cover on mine and immediatly put it back on and sold it. Definatly not with the $2500 let alone what it brings now.

#18487 8 months ago
Quoted from glpinball:

I love the CE topper and I agree with what you said on the Elite topper. Wish I could get the CE topper and action button deco.

Someone out of France made a topper similar to CE. I think it was about $1300 and had a more quiet motor system then OE. I don’t remember who made it or if any are still available.

#18495 8 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Goodby Pirates. LTG : )
[quoted image]

Is something taking it’s place ?

#18499 8 months ago

I just bought one from Christophe (Vulcano) this morning, but he may have more.

#18502 8 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

that is awesome, do the plastic waves not move too? Im interested is he on pinside to contact?

I just paid haven’t received it yet. I don’t think they move. Yes I found him on pinside name is vulcano - he’s a jjp distributor in Europe.

#18503 8 months ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Plastics don’t move but it’s for the better .
Boat can be altered in speeds, so instuw lighting and the movies in the background can also be uploaded to your likings
All is plug and play on your jjp game

Do you know if it powers off the games 12 volt ?

#18507 8 months ago

Could someone buy this for me? LOL Looks cool but my wife would punch me in the throat for spending more money on pinball

Ha! I just got busted buying mine - I have a shared paypal account with my wife - LOL

#18523 8 months ago

GAP has LTG’S game for sale in the marketplace. I’m betting it’s a well maintained game.

#18534 8 months ago

Topper arrived today! I had an Elite Topper this one has the same level of build quality and is probably a little nicer done. Definatly a MUCH better value.

First impressions:

The topper was packed well and arrived with no damage to the unit or box.
The topper comes with no documentation (at least mine didn’t).

The topper is not plug and play with the factory topper wiring. It has two power adapters and a Y splitter so you can chain both power bricks together and and run them off the service outlet.
(I used a power strip that connects to the service outlet then has a lead to an open USB on the motherboard and turns the power on and off with the game).

After removing the factory topper and LED channel simply set the new one on and pre drill between 2-4 holes using the holes in the topper as a guide.
Use the supplied screws to mount. Screws are very small I believe the are #4 - 1/4”

The topper has 3 remotes:
Two are exactly the same and as far as I can tell they only turn the led strip for the waves on and off.
The other remote is for the screen - I couldn’t get the power button or any of the others I press to do anything except for the volume. The topper does have audio for the waves and lightening playing. I set the volume just loud enough to mask the sound of the motor.

I emailed the seller to ask if there is a manual or guide for the topper / remote as I know he said you can add video.

Issues:
Upon unboxing my ship wasn’t working correctly I could see the motor spinning but the ship wasn’t moving. A little dissembly and I tightened the screw that mounted the ship to the motor and I was in business. Luckily I thought to plug it in and check before I mounted it. I removed 15 small screws to get at the ship to tighten the screw.
IMG_4620 (resized).jpegIMG_4620 (resized).jpeg

#18536 8 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

So the topper does not, in anyway, interact with game?

Nope

#18538 8 months ago

Quick update of my pirate ship topper post above. I was email the install instructions and the topper does turn on and off with the game without the need of an additional relay. You can unplug the main computer style power cable from the mother board power supply and plug it into to the splitter provided and plug the splitter into the power supply and the topper will turn on and off with the game. All power adapters and cables stay in the head for a cleaner install.

3 months later
#18595 5 months ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Did JJP ever did the code update to complete the game?

Negative

2 months later
#18749 71 days ago
Quoted from Heater:

I was picked to try the on my POTC I/O board. It is amazing. I am the original owner of my pirates and have done all my repairs. The most I have done when it comes to soldering is attaching a broken wire. The thought of desoldering/soldering a board pretty much intimidated me. I resigned to either spending $400 or pulling the board and shipping it off. I am so happy that I waited and bought this.
First off, the instructions are spot on. The pictures alone explain everything you need to do. The entire install took less than 10 min. It is as simple as attaching two wires to the board via screw that holds it, replacing two fuses and then securing the caps inside the Blackbox. Really that simple.
As far as performance, it is as great as everyone has said. The flippers are snappy and quick. I had to turn down all the coils, and playing with them now to find the sweet spot. Much easier chest shot, Bayou hole and ramps. Star Map really flings the ball and you can tell the magnet grabbing the balls is stronger.
The Must Have Mods for this game are the Chest mod and the spinning disc belt. Now there is one more and this is it. No matter how you change the caps, this is the easiest.

Can you please tell me where to purchase the ĤerulEase - I was going to buy a pair of new boards but they are out of stock.

1 month later
#18838 23 days ago

ZaphX is a great dude. Always one of the first to offer support and troubleshooting.

2 weeks later
#18875 5 days ago

I think it came out to $1675 shipped from Europe including the currency conversion fee when I bought mine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrsiyufy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=mrsiyufy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.