(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 11,884 posts
  • 449 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 minutes ago by tmfeuerh
  • Topic is favorited by 210 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,130 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

9F7335D3-321E-458E-B3A2-43D2F99388C7 (resized).jpeg
20190820_152447 (resized).jpg
IMG-4527 (resized).JPG
IMG-4522 (resized).JPG
IMG-4523 (resized).JPG
IMG-4525 (resized).JPG
IMG-4524 (resized).JPG
IMG-4526 (resized).JPG
20190817_173334 (resized).jpg
20190817_135857 (resized).jpg
20190816_233723 (resized).jpg
20190816_233832 (resized).jpg
20190816_231501 (resized).jpg
20190816_231435 (resized).jpg
IMG-4491 (resized).JPG
IMG-4486 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (10 months ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (9 months ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (9 months ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (8 months ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (7 months ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (7 months ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (6 months ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (6 months ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (5 months ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (4 months ago)

Post #6631 Twitch Video - How to Remove and Reinstall Black Pearl Upper Playfield Posted by KevInBuffalo (4 months ago)

Post #6655 Mylar bubble at jjPotC Map hole. Posted by thc666 (4 months ago)

Post #6834 Titan ring sizes Posted by AUKraut (4 months ago)

Post #8145 Positives and Negatives for each character Posted by EaglePin (3 months ago)

Post #8288 Rubber Sizing and Location on Playfield Posted by f3honda4me (3 months ago)

Post #8602 How to see pictures the game has taken Posted by f3honda4me (3 months ago)

Post #8625 Version .99 release notes as of 5/6/2019 Posted by pinball_keefer (3 months ago)

Post #8709 How to backup settings before installing an update Posted by LTG (3 months ago)

Post #9273 Version .99 Character Plus and Minus Benefits Posted by pinball_keefer (3 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marz_78.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8936 3 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ahoy pirate skallywags and rum lovers. A minor public announcement for those ailing from Dauntless aiming issues. This repair tip came from pirates wiser then I but works perfectly if your issue persists. Very simple to do and permanent. The Dauntless as shown is mounted with 2 standard 8x32 x1 1/2” standoffs. Replacing this 2 standoffs with 1 1/4” standoffs brings the ship to port in perfect firing alignment. I will provide a link to McMaster though I am Certain these can be found at Pinball Life, Marco and even Ace hardware last I checked. Took 5 minutes to swap and we be sinking that bloody ship every time now!
Hex stand off McMaster:
https://www.mcmaster.com/91920a252
Pinball life has them in 1 1/8” which would work fine possibly needing a washer:
https://www.pinballlife.com/metal-hex-spacers-1-18-to-3-116-8-32-thread-femalefemale.html[quoted image]

Thanks for the PA. I have the same issue. I ordered the standoffs and hopefully start sinking ships more consistently next week.

#8938 3 months ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Ok, so now I'm at a complete loss on the auto launcher. I've put washers on the plunger to pull it back further away, re-situated the auto housing, zip tied the coil, put a washer in so that it doesn't wiggle as much, tested the range of strength settings, and crimped the prongs to be closer together. There's no reason this shouldn't be working. It seems to get worse the more games we play on it in a row.

I have the same issue. Have you had any luck yet? I got a warranty case going with JJP support.

#8961 3 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I had autoplunger woes as well that I have finally fixed 100 percent. It is perfect now.
I tried all the steps you did. When it would fail, the ball was striking the wall or the locker post and losing energy.
In my case the fix was adjusting the shooter lane rails. There was a slight discrepancy between the left and right rails which gave it just enough lift on one side to launch left or right.
Interestingly, only the autoplunger failed in this way. Manual plunges were fine.
There is a post in the index for how I removed and corrected my shooter lane, if that is your issue.
Another thing to confirm is that the auto plunger is not making contact with the manual plunger. If you snap it empty do you see the autoplunger forks jump? If so, you’ll want to adjust the shooter assembly to be further down the cabinet. If that doesn’t work, consider adding cabinet bumpers under the playfield hooks. You’ll need to relevel after doing this of course.
The combination of these two fixes fully resolved the issue for me.

I had an issue with the manual ball plunger hitting the auto launcher forks when it was new out of the box. Neither worked good enough to play the game. I shimmed the manual plunger assembly to angle the rod down toward the shooter lane, and now the plunger works just fine. Since then I have learned that the play field hangers were probably the issue to begin with. I think i will take the shims out and bend the hangers slightly in an attempt to "re"-fix the issue.
Since the manual plunger works fine now, I didnt think the wire rails in the lane were the problem. However, since I'm having the same symptoms you had, I will take another look. Did you author a post that you referred to on how to fix the wire rails, or is it from Pin Monk?

Thanks for your help.
CM

#8985 3 months ago

anybody else having issues with getting .99 loaded? ...smh

#8989 3 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

No.
Things I've seen from tech support. Not following directions, too big a USB stick - 8GB to 16GB seems best, and or try a different memory stick.
Maybe one of these will help you.
LTG : )

Yeah i cant get the entire file to completely download... tried chrome, IE, and just downloaded firefox and the file transfer always fails. IE made it look like the file completed the download. Created a zip file PiratesOfTheCaribbean-v00.99.iso but the file is only 201MB.

#8991 3 months ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Mines downloading now, I can throw it on Google Drive if you want to try there. I didn't realize it was so freaking big, I've only done incremental updates on WOZ. Sure you have space on your hard drive?
Edit.. uploading now, about an hour.

Thank you Harry. I think I'm good though! I downloaded the file on my phone and transferred to my PC. Unetbootin.exe iso'ing.

Weird that the file said it downloaded but only had part of the file. Then Unetbootin.exe completed the process succesfully (but actually didnt). I connected the usb to the POTC machine and the update would not run.

When I used Rufus there was an error message saying the checksum wasnt adding up correctly and the file was missing data. Thanks Rufus.

I'm looking into the issue with the download on my PC. Could be a windows 10 issue. I'm trying the processes in the following link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-windows-10-iso/d8369dc7-b084-413a-bc47-e872e2cceba5

I hope this helps someone. The lesson learned here is the file size should be 4.19GB. Dont assume, double check. Thanks

1 week later
#9466 89 days ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

“Best” character for focusing on inner loops and hopefully collecting a lot of gold?
Would it just be the character that picks up all the gold with a single press?
Opinions?

Norrington.

#9659 84 days ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Well.....
This is a first...LOL[quoted image]

Mine did the same just over a month ago. Good news: hasn't done it since. Fluke?

#9718 83 days ago

Has anyone put mirror blades on their POTC? The playfield is really tight, not sure if they will fit.

...q the cheeky puns, but hopefully get an answer.

#9814 81 days ago
Quoted from dts:

It's all good. This thread is feeling like purchase justification for LE and SE buyers. The CE guys are so loaded they don't give a rip! I'm just happy to be getting one next week to play with.

Quoted from pinballslave:

I'm very interested in getting one of these and just wanted the consensus regarding what's the best version to track down... I imagine the LE or the CE are the most likely contenders,but is there much of any significance extra in the CE, or is it just eye candy?

Not loaded but hear and understand whats being said. People are right if they say it doesn't make sense to them to pay extra for features they don't really care about. To some people those features add a lot to the experience. I'm a huge fan of every added feature and mod I've done. The game play is way awesome, so it was a no-brainer to me to work harder to try to get every feature I can. I appreciate it that much more cause I didn't just have loose loot laying around being used as coasters. Funny revelation I had today; each pin I own cost me more than any car I bought. *Chris/Nick - that wasnt my truck I picked either pin up in.

I was on the fence on which version to get. I hadn't actually touched a POTC, but was pretty sure I would buy one because of the concepts and game play. After I played it motivated to get the most added features I could. I'm looking at the matrix right now and decided against talking about how in my opinion every added feature is important to me. I'll just say do what you can within your own means. I think it doesn't matter what version you get if overall it make you totally stoked.You got a standard: YOU GOT A DOPE MACHINE (but mod out every screw on that thing). You got a CE: YOU GOT A DOPE MACHINE (you might be eating cheese sandwiches for a minute, but then mod that thing up)!

#9816 81 days ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

New favorite shot. Hit a nice good fast inner loop shot let it hit into the 3rd flipper. If the speed is right it will hit the top gold target and plinko over to the extra ball. If you manage to not trigger a pop bumper (speed has to be right) and it gets to target bam extra ball.

What?! 3rd flipper... top gold... plinko... extra ba... you gotta post a vid of that!

#9992 78 days ago

Got it. Installed it. It's awesome!!! Shooter rod from steigerpijp.

20190603_170104 (resized).jpg
#10002 78 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Doesn't that completely screw your ability to finesse the skill shot?

@zaphx Not really. Just had to calibrate hand to the new spring.

1 week later
#10474 69 days ago
Quoted from dts:

My game is missing the target boat hole by striking to the right of the hole. A little shim to the cannon launch ramp with metallic tape worked better—but is the better solution to take the boat apart and move the cannon ramp? Otherwise, flawless game with no other adjustments. I did increase the flipper and sling power, moved the post rubber to bounce into escape the locker better, and added a couple of tilt warnings.[quoted image]

dts For the issue with the ball bouncing off the Escape the Locker Room post, take a close look at your shooter lane wire ramp. It's surprising how bad of an issue this small deformity caused me. Here's the post that contains a video of the issue symptoms and images of my wire ramp before and after.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues/page/21#post-4991721

#10726 64 days ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

She is basically all back together! We underwent the mega clean, added new rubbers, some Chroma nuts, Cliffy's and Jack added, just need to do a few more things and should be ready to play!

Looks clean!
Are those Titan GID rings?
Thanks for sharing. I think I have a cleaning session in the near future.

#10728 64 days ago

Had fun playing POTC with my daughters last night. My youngest got her personal best +150k. 100k from map skill shot after a couple inner loops using will Turner. That's a bigger skill shot than I've ever gotten!

IMG_Surf_20190616_202601_processed (resized).jpg
#10731 64 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Is Daddy allowed to plunder? There are specific rules in our household!

I encourage them to plunder me as much as possible. I usually don't... but every once in a great while I do. Gotta keep em on their toes. Ill plunder a ball every time though.

#10761 63 days ago

1300th game is still dope!

20190618_194502 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#11023 52 days ago

Edged out my previous Kraken best! I missed a lot of shots. Probably would have been funny to watch. Blurted out a lot of cleaned curses and made a bunch of reduced violent motions half way thru the sloppily play mode, when I realized - I was totally blowing it. Going into it I was pretty composed and felt confident since I'd been there before. I had a "plan"... Specifically I had delusions of grandeur to hit like 15 inner loops at 6x, with a dozen SJPs and around 50 souls. Nope! Not even close. It was a blast though!

Meh... Life is good.

20190628_215918 (resized).jpg
#11170 46 days ago
Quoted from paynemic:

So I can’t get the ball up to the chest from the left flipper. My upper left won’t go back down in time. Is that the way it’s supposed to be or do I have something wrong?

When you back hand that shot, the ball can pass to the right of the upper left flipper while it's up, and make it up the forks into the chest. No need to put the upper flipper down. If it's not working your table may not be balanced in the upper part of playfield. It's a shot that may require some practice.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
El Segundo, CA
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marz_78.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside